Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grading Michigan State Football

+26
Wally Fairway
Trapper Gus
Cameron
Probably CF
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
TrapperGus
Turtleneck
InTenSity
NigelUno
Rocinante
duffy munn
Motown Spartan
DWags
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
30 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 5 Empty Re: Grading Michigan State Football

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 6 Jan 2022 - 12:25

I don't care what mlive says. Pervis' grades are that matters. I assume he's been intensely going over film since the bowl game, so I can't wait for his in depth grading analysis.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 5 Empty Re: Grading Michigan State Football

Post by Pervis Muldoon Thu 6 Jan 2022 - 20:00

I'm extremely sorry for the wait. I was triple-checking my Total Team Execution (TTE) tabulation Tuesday afternoon and saw that I had assigned a missed block on a first down play-action pass early in the third quarter to Branden Dawson instead of Jordon Simmons. It was then that I realized I had been drunk for several days. I had to completely re-analyze every play, but I'm on track for a final grade tomorrow evening or early Saturday. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, InTenSity, tGreenWay, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Fri 7 Jan 2022 - 22:56

Bowl game grade: pass.
Season grade: fail.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 2:07

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Bowl game grade: pass.

Harsh. Pervis is the DE OG.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 6:57

Bruh
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 7:21

Welp, back to the subscription services. Smh
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 10:28

Jeepers, now I have to re-evaluate my entire existence. How could I have been so… so… wrong?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:51

This is the most difficult thing I've ever had to tell anyone, and I once spent two years as a very clumsy surgeon and several months as Michael Dukakis's pollster.

I'm surprised, puzzled, and more than a little hurt by the reactions here, which cause me to wonder what message you'd prefer I send these student athletes.  Should I set a lesser standard and tell them that good enough is good enough? Should I poison this program with the soft bigotry of low expectations?  Should they scale the mountain till the summit is in full view, then camp for the night and trot back down?

I don't know what to think.  I gave everything I had to this thread, only to become an object of scorn.  I refuse to be your punching bag.  This is my very last post ever, for the rest of the whole night.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:58

Pervis Muldoon wrote:This is the most difficult thing I've ever had to tell anyone, and I once spent two years as a very clumsy surgeon and several months as Michael Dukakis's pollster.

I'm surprised, puzzled, and more than a little hurt by the reactions here, which cause me to wonder what message you'd prefer I send these student athletes.  Should I set a lesser standard and tell them that good enough is good enough? Should I poison this program with the soft bigotry of low expectations?  Should they scale the mountain till the summit is in full view, then camp for the night and trot back down?

I don't know what to think.  I gave everything I had to this thread, only to become an object of scorn.  I refuse to be your punching bag.  This is my very last post ever, for the rest of the whole night.

I CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:59

But direct your grades specifically to Turtleneck. He’s our resident Negative Nancy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 23:03

Don't stop doing what you do Pervis
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 23:11

Pervis if you completely delete greenways posts from your mind then everything everyone else says on this board appears Much happier
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 23:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Pervis if you completely delete greenways posts from your mind then everything everyone else says on this board appears Much happier

Fixed for consideration by mods
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 10:15

Tough grader ...

11/13 * 100 = 85%

Solid B

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 11:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 10:21

Trapper Gus wrote:

Tough grader ...

13/11 * 100 = 85%

Solid B
Not a math major, eh?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 11:22

The Pantry wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Tough grader ...

13/11 * 100 = 85%

Solid B
Not a math major, eh?

However, if we grade on the bofore the season expectations, my own, of 8 and 5, then we have

13/8 * 100 = 162.5%

A solid A++++++
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Tue 19 Apr 2022 - 23:00

Spring Game grade: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Jul 2022 - 8:53

Hey Pervis, I came across this on the bird app thought maybe it would be a good way for you to pick up some scratch.

[tw]1547582679737962499[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 15 Jul 2022 - 9:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey Pervis, I came across this on the bird app thought maybe it would be a good way for you to pick up some scratch.

No way they can match tSwill's comprehensive compensation/benefits package. Also, the buyout on Pervis' exclusive Swill contract (with non-compete clause) is rumored to be 7 figures.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 15 Jul 2022 - 9:38

Heat Miser wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey Pervis, I came across this on the bird app thought maybe it would be a good way for you to pick up some scratch.

No way they can match tSwill's comprehensive compensation/benefits package. Also, the buyout on Pervis' exclusive Swill contract (with non-compete clause) is rumored to be 7 figures.

Resume:

Pervis Muldoon

I would like a position breaking down MSU football.

Experience:
I've broken down MSU football on the internet.

Writing example 1:

Writing example 2:

I'd think any personnel department manager would agree with me that this is an extremely strong candidate.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 15 Jul 2022 - 9:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Resume:

Pervis Muldoon

I would like a position breaking down MSU football.

Experience:
I've broken down MSU football on the internet.

Writing example 1:

Writing example 2:

I'd think any personnel department manager would agree with me that this is an extremely strong candidate.

Agreed. That's why his Swill contract is so generous and ironclad.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 13:15

I'll wait for Pervis' grade. He has more analytics and advanced metrics than I do. In the meantime, these are my observations from the cheap seats.

The bad. Throne was off. Missed 4-5 pretty easy throws. They looked very bad live. The game is not close if he cleans that up. Chaulking it up to rust. Too his credit, he still made big plays and delivered when it mattered. PK still a concern.

The good. Mother fucking Wild Thing. The one he ripped into the end zone from his 30(?l) was insane. Ball fires off his foot like a cannon.

Equally impressive were they WR/TEs. All of them. Every single one. Coleman delivered on the preseason excitment. Uncoverable. I think we have our answer on who fills Heywards role (Baker). He can lineup in a lot of roles. It'll be geared to fit his skill set. He is a luxury weapon most teams don't have.

OL was excellent. MAC team, but I think their Dline was veteran unit. Encouraging none-the-less.

Windom. He is mother fucking football player. Bright spot in an otherwise uninspiring D effort. Was hoping for more from Bogle. He was solid against the run, but got swallowed up in the pass rush. Pass rush in general was lacking. LBs were average (not including Windmon in the LB group). DBs looked fine. They had little help from upfront. Safety play was out of sorts when X went out.

It was pretty clear Snow & Halliday were going to be the main paring at LB. With Windmon as standup DE. I heard VanSumeren's name a lot after Snow went out. But overall, LBs did not stick out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 15:19

Agree with all of that Nordic. Bogle had one sack (or maybe it was a big TFL), but not as impactful otherwise. I wasnt expecting all that much from him, though.

Brooks had some good plays when X went down, but when Brooks was out (cramps, I believe?), we had a freshman filling in for our Captain. So as much as that pass D in the 3rd quarter gave me flashbacks to last year, I'll hold off on pushing the panic button yet. Hopefully some guys can step up and make some noise in the absence of X and Snow.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 15:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:Agree with all of that Nordic.  Bogle had one sack (or maybe it was a big TFL), but not as impactful otherwise.  I wasnt expecting all that much from him, though.

Brooks had some good plays when X went down, but when Brooks was out (cramps, I believe?), we had a freshman filling in for our Captain.  So as much as that pass D in the 3rd quarter gave me flashbacks to last year, I'll hold off on pushing the panic button yet.  Hopefully some guys can step up and make some noise in the absence of X and Snow.

The Bogle sack was pretty much #4 flushing the QB. I'm probably being harsh on #2. Watching some of the replay, he was stout on the line. VanSumeran looked really good on the replay. He was playing a lot before Snow went down. Booker was also playing some safety before X went down. X was playing some corner on a few snaps. All encouraging. D was probably better than I gave it credit for above. .

You ain't wrong about the safety play in the 3rd. From the stands Grose was really 'coaching up' whoever was in. Low #, can't remember what it was.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 15:41

Lots to think about. I wonder how Pervis will grade it out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 7 Sep 2022 - 18:27

Nordic wrote:Lots to think about. I wonder how Pervis will grade it out.

He seems AOWL ...

Based on the game my grade is C+

Saw some very good things, the running game, the lines, but things were not "in the deep end"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Thu 8 Sep 2022 - 15:09

I apologize for the delay. I had finished grading after my marathon film session ended late Tuesday night, but my agent asked me not to post it until my new contract with this fine message board was finalized and signed. Other suitors got involved, but my heart was with the Swill the entire time. This is my home.

Game one grade: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, DWags, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 11 Sep 2022 - 21:50

Bump
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Mon 12 Sep 2022 - 9:11

Here is my grade for MSU football through the Akron game
A+ 100%
2-0
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 8:45

Good morning!

Game two grade: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, DWags, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 10:52

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Good morning!

Astounding! It's like I'm re-watching the game!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 14 Sep 2022 - 12:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:Good morning!

Astounding! It's like I'm re-watching the game!

No need. It is all right there.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 18:35

Can someone tell me what the advanced metrics say about our game against Washington so I can get the info to Tucker and he can make the appropriate adjustments? I know it takes time it’s just we have another game coming up fast
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 19:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Can someone tell me what the advanced metrics say about our game against Washington so I can get the info to Tucker and he can make the appropriate adjustments? I know it takes time it’s just we have another game coming up fast

I sincerely appreciate your interest, but I ask you kindly not to rush the process. A poorly-considered grade may do more harm than good.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 19:29

I’m sorry, I got impatient :( as penance I will not read this weeks grade until after the Minnesota game :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 12:20

As one of the foremost Michigan State football game evaluators in my county, I'll admit that I was tempted to grade this Spartan performance with my heart. Who wouldn't be, after seeing those warriors pick themselves up again and again to continue their brutal battle on foreign soil? They gave everything to this game, wearing tights on the plane to maintain blood circulation and banking sleep like it was NIL money. They didn't bow to the ever-lengthening odds and give up; they fought until the clock ran out, without once looking at the score. Maybe they should've looked at the score.

Game three grade: fail.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 14:03

Pervis Muldoon wrote:As one of the foremost Michigan State football game evaluators in my county, I'll admit that I was tempted to grade this Spartan performance with my heart. Who wouldn't be, after seeing those warriors pick themselves up again and again to continue their brutal battle on foreign soil? They gave everything to this game, wearing tights on the plane to maintain blood circulation and banking sleep like it was NIL money. They didn't bow to the ever-lengthening odds and give up; they fought until the clock ran out, without once looking at the score. Maybe they should've looked at the score.

Game three grade: fail.
Tough but fair
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 15:46

A pox on your message board house!!! Not one mention about firing a coordinator. That's no way to evaluate after a loss (on a message board/twitter/comment section of the newspaper).
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 15:46

Hard to argue with this kind of in-depth analysis.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 16:01

Fail seems a bit generous.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next