Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grading Michigan State Football

+26
Wally Fairway
Trapper Gus
Cameron
Probably CF
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
TrapperGus
Turtleneck
InTenSity
NigelUno
Rocinante
duffy munn
Motown Spartan
DWags
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
30 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 6 Empty Re: Grading Michigan State Football

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-23, 16:53

Pervis Muldoon wrote:As one of the foremost Michigan State football game evaluators in my county, I'll admit that I was tempted to grade this Spartan performance with my heart. Who wouldn't be, after seeing those warriors pick themselves up again and again to continue their brutal battle on foreign soil? They gave everything to this game, wearing tights on the plane to maintain blood circulation and banking sleep like it was NIL money. They didn't bow to the ever-lengthening odds and give up; they fought until the clock ran out, without once looking at the score. Maybe they should've looked at the score.

Game three grade: fail.

Thank sweet Jesus you posted these grades. No way can I make my Spartan picks without this critical insight.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 6 Empty Re: Grading Michigan State Football

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-23, 22:53

MSU will win at home, I suppose they will "cover" too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-09-23, 23:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:As one of the foremost Michigan State football game evaluators in my county, I'll admit that I was tempted to grade this Spartan performance with my heart. Who wouldn't be, after seeing those warriors pick themselves up again and again to continue their brutal battle on foreign soil? They gave everything to this game, wearing tights on the plane to maintain blood circulation and banking sleep like it was NIL money. They didn't bow to the ever-lengthening odds and give up; they fought until the clock ran out, without once looking at the score. Maybe they should've looked at the score.

Thank sweet Jesus you posted these grades. No way can I make my Spartan picks without this critical insight.

Past performance is not indicative of future results. People can and do lose money on sports wagers. For gambling problems, call 1-800-BETS-OFF.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-24, 10:51

"One of"? So humble. That's why your analysis works, there is no massive ego, just the deep dive analysis.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-24, 12:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:

"One of"? So humble. That's why your analysis works, there is no massive ego, just the deep dive analysis.

Just wondering what "county" he is referring to, as the population might not be that high.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-09-24, 17:54

Game four grade: fail.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-24, 17:58

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Game four grade: fail.
Impressive. And accurate.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-09-24, 18:01

Too generous again.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-09-24, 18:25

Heat Miser wrote:

Too generous again.

This should be an expulsion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-09-24, 19:50

Massive fail.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-09-24, 20:02

F for Fuck me in the goat ass with a glass vase.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-09-24, 20:05

I not a “The sky is falling” fan but after today’s debacle on both sides of the ball I think the sky is beginning to crack over the football building.

I though 8-4 was a reasonable expectation for 2022. Tonight I’m hoping for 6-6.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-09-24, 20:28

GRR Spartan wrote:I not a “The sky is falling” fan but after today’s debacle on both sides of the ball I think the sky is beginning to crack over the football building.

I'm getting 2002 and 2016 vibes, because something seems just off. This isn't just a talent thing. Yes, the talent in the secondary isn't great, but pretty much every other position group on both sides of the ball are collapsing.

I'm NOT suggesting that there are drug issues, racist issues, or sexual assault issues like those teams had and/or were rumored to have. But I am worried that this team is on the verge of collapsing mentally. Maybe they already have, I don't know. Maybe after I sleep on it and reflect some, I'll be less pessimistic. But this was deflating.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-09-24, 20:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I not a “The sky is falling” fan but after today’s debacle on both sides of the ball I think the sky is beginning to crack over the football building.

I'm getting 2002 and 2016 vibes, because something seems just off. This isn't just a talent thing. Yes, the talent in the secondary isn't great, but pretty much every other position group on both sides of the ball are collapsing.

I'm NOT suggesting that there are drug issues, racist issues, or sexual assault issues like those teams had and/or were rumored to have. But I am worried that this team is on the verge of collapsing mentally. Maybe they already have, I don't know. Maybe after I sleep on it and reflect some, I'll be less pessimistic. But this was deflating.
Yes, this wasn’t just a few mistakes or a bad day. This was a complete failure. And the look on Tucker’s face was telling.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-07, 10:50

I completed my analysis and grading in the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday morning but I really really like you guys and I didn't want to ruin half your week so I waited until today to publish this evaluation I hope that's okay.

Game five grade: fail.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay, gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-07, 14:04

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I completed my analysis and grading in the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday morning but I really really like you guys and I didn't want to ruin half your week so I waited until today to publish this evaluation I hope that's okay.

Game five grade: fail.

Thank goodness you posted, not I can make my picks.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-12, 09:33

On the bright side, rarely has there been such a great opportunity for improvement.

Game six grade: fail.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-12, 10:50

Pervis Muldoon wrote:On the bright side, rarely has there been such a great opportunity for improvement.

Game six grade: fail.

Thanks for ruining breakfast, Perv.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-16, 20:02

I'm really excited for this week's grade

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 6 2275418548
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-16, 20:24

Nordic wrote:I'm really excited for this week's grade

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 6 2275418548

Care to make a prediction while we wait for Pervis’ in-depth grade?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-20, 16:48

Guys it's not ready yet but I think you're gonna be happy. Just a few more tabulations to do!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-20, 17:05

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 6 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5rz1pmpgqs4bv1f6rkqk4h8ac1hh2jvwgjsg9pful&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-20, 17:10

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Guys it's not ready yet but I think you're gonna be happy. Just a few more tabulations to do!

Oh boy, is this great!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-20, 17:11

I havent been this excited for a result since the Bush/Gore election.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-21, 09:45

Game seven grade: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-21, 09:58

Grading Michigan State Football - Page 6 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5gd86fu3bek2ni2uidji4vspx5mow2t650g8pp0y0&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-21, 10:09

First BIG Soccer Champs. Now this. What a great day.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-21, 14:36

Always worth the wait.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-21, 17:19

Wow, I did NOT see this coming. But that's why we pay you the big bucks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-02, 22:07

Game eight grade: fail.
Postgame fight: pass.
Post--fight program reaction: fail.
Post-fight Swill reaction: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, InTenSity, tGreenWay, DWags, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-02, 22:36

It’s this insight that all the other message boards can only •wish• they had.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-03, 00:02

tGreenWay wrote:It’s this insight that all the other message boards can only •wish• they had.

Its why I send Heat my $39.95 the 3rd of each month. Well worth it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-03, 00:14

We got extra credit!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-03, 01:56

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It’s this insight that all the other message boards can only •wish• they had.

Its why I send Heat my $39.95 the 3rd of each month. Well worth it.

I’m kinda surprised you haven’t ponied up the extra $20/month for the platinum level membership. All the extra benefits make it totally worth it. If you decide to move up, I can get you the first two months free—just use the code: greenway2022.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-09, 18:36

There was some debate as to who the primary receiver was on the third-and-goal incompletion with 1:14 to go, and it took me a while to assess scheme vs. execution on the Illinois tight end's 18-yard reception near the end of the first quarter, but the extra hours were necessary to give you the accuracy and thoroughness you've become accustomed to.

Game nine grade: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-09, 18:39

Pervis Muldoon wrote:There was some debate as to who the primary receiver was on the third-and-goal incompletion with 1:14 to go, and it took me a while to assess scheme vs. execution on the Illinois tight end's 18-yard reception near the end of the first quarter, but the extra hours were necessary to give you the accuracy and thoroughness you've become accustomed to.

Game nine grade: pass.

You could also grade this one as: run
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-09, 20:53

It was foolish of me to think that one extra hour was all the time Pervis would need. Clearly, his efforts require a far more thorough examination than 60 minutes could afford.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-17, 10:18

I'm sure you're wondering what caused the delay this week, and I take full responsibility for any frustration or disappointment you may be experiencing.

I have an announcement to make, which should explain the slight lengthening of the grading process: I have expanded my grading system to include Michigan State men's basketball. My unpublished, internal-use-only grades, while unsolicited, will help the coaching staff learn from each performance to improve in every aspect of the game. This is a tool available to no other program in the country and is expected to be the secret weapon in Izzo's quest for his second National Championship.

Game ten grade: pass.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2022-11-17, 10:24

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I'm sure you're wondering what caused the delay this week, and I take full responsibility for any frustration or disappointment you may be experiencing.

I have an announcement to make, which should explain the slight lengthening of the grading process: I have expanded my grading system to include Michigan State men's basketball. My unpublished, internal-use-only grades, while unsolicited, will help the coaching staff learn from each performance to improve in every aspect of the game. This is a tool available to no other program in the country and is expected to be the secret weapon in Izzo's quest for his second National Championship.

Game ten grade: pass.

I'm willing to waive your no-compete clause, in this case, for the good of the BBall program. We'll need to revisit though if there is any slippage in the quality of your football analysis.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-17, 10:46

Pervis I just wanted to take a second to thank you for all that you do. The quality of the content you provide is second to none in the business and we at the swill would be fools to take you for granted.

Sorry I don’t have a longer post, maybe later, I need to go alert my family that pervis’ football review has been posted. My napping child will be so excited to be jolted awake to this news.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next