Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread

+23
AvgMSUJoe
Tim Wakefield
Green money
NigelUno
steveschneider
SawGreen
Dendrobates
Motown Spartan
Wally Fairway
Heat Miser
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
duffy munn
DWags
InTenSity
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 Empty Re: It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-10-25, 18:52

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I wouldn't want to be a couch in E.L. on Saturday.

Don’t kid yourself: Saturday won’t be safe for Barcoloungers or Ottomans, either.

Think of the Davenports.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 Empty Re: It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread

Post by DWags 2021-10-25, 19:31

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 Fc368210
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, tGreenWay, Wally Fairway, SawGreen, Turtleneck and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-10-25, 19:41

Fuck it's only Monday. Time to roll
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-25, 19:42

‘Elimination mindset.’ Jim Harbaugh ups the ante ahead of Michigan-Michigan State

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2021/10/elimination-mindset-jim-harbaugh-ups-the-ante-ahead-of-michigan-michigan-state.html

Michigan vs. Michigan State: Spartans trying to block out all distractions, focus on rival

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2021/10/25/michigan-state-spartans-football-michigan-wolverines-mel-tucker-news-conference/6174952001/

Mel Tucker on Michigan-MSU rivalry: ‘It’s in your face’ every day

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/2021/10/25/22745084/michigan-football-michigan-state-mel-tucker-rivalry-preview

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-10-25, 19:44; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-25, 19:43

Against All Odds, Week Eight: Countdown to the Showdown

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2021/10/25/22744707/against-all-odds-week-eight-countdown-to-the-showdown-fbs-michigan-michigan-state
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

SawGreen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-10-25, 19:44

[tw]1452764406677336066?t=Tb_zKjUyGlzs2LMQ8lZATA&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

tGreenWay, DWags, SawGreen and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-25, 22:44

ESPN's FPI predicts winner of the Paul Bunyan Trophy in Michigan-Michigan State rivalry

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/espns-fpi-predicts-winner-of-the-paul-bunyan-trophy-in-michigan-michigan-state-rivalry/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-10-25, 22:49

Turtleneck wrote:ESPN's FPI predicts winner of the Paul Bunyan Trophy in Michigan-Michigan State rivalry

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/espns-fpi-predicts-winner-of-the-paul-bunyan-trophy-in-michigan-michigan-state-rivalry/

Everybody's gonna be picking SCum...which is EXACTLY how we fucking want it!!!!!!!!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay, Dendrobates and Foghorn Leghorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-25, 22:49

[tw]1452825046972608515?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-25, 22:57

aualum06 wrote:Fuck it's only Monday. Time to roll

Let’s go pee on dead Schembechler’s grave.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-26, 06:35

tGreenWay wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Fuck it's only Monday. Time to roll

Let’s go pee on dead Schembechler’s grave.

That's a bit far for me, so I put a picture of his grave in my toilet.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-10-26, 09:33

No idea how this is going to turn out. But the band is coming. We'll be by the soccer fields by Jenison/Kellogg.

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 1451310
It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 1452110
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-10-26, 09:43

Recap from DWags' freshmen year.

[tw]658426425729556480[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-26, 09:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:Recap from DWags' freshmen year.

[tw]658426425729556480[/tw]

We burnt ye ol couch that fortnight
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, Turtleneck and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-10-26, 10:01

By the way, this is the Freep. Don't let your friends subscribe to the Freep.

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 Fcorbh10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-10-26, 10:16

holy fuck is that in regards to his LSU answer what a joke
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-26, 11:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:holy fuck is that in regards to his LSU answer what a joke

I guess it isn't surprising at all. The Detroit media loves to try to create things. Not that Perles and Saban didn't flirt with the NFL at times, but a number of those rumors were just UM/Detroit media making shit up to create uncertainty and distractions at MSU.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2021-10-26, 11:34

I have a complaint, and need to know who to call.

Driving through campus yesterday, yeah it was out of my way but this week I might just drive through every day.
Anyway about 5:30-6:00 last night as I'm driving through there is nobody guarding Sparty. Back in the day the band was there, Johnny Spirit was there, hell the media was there. Primetime yesterday there was nobody there.
When did everyone get to be so soft? (and don't say Covid)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-10-26, 11:39

Wally Fairway wrote:I have a complaint, and need to know who to call.

Driving through campus yesterday, yeah it was out of my way but this week I might just drive through every day.
Anyway about 5:30-6:00 last night as I'm driving through there is nobody guarding Sparty. Back in the day the band was there, Johnny Spirit was there, hell the media was there. Primetime yesterday there was nobody there.

Fucking Gen Z...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Wally Fairway and Foghorn Leghorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-10-26, 11:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:holy fuck is that in regards to his LSU answer what a joke

I guess it isn't surprising at all. The Detroit media loves to try to create things. Not that Perles and Saban didn't flirt with the NFL at times, but a number of those rumors were just UM/Detroit media making shit up to create uncertainty and distractions at MSU.

I don't know about Saban and the NFL but George's flirtation with the Packers and Jets was very real. Almost certain George was offered both jobs. Hell, when Lindy Infante was introduce as the Packs head coach the first person he thanked at the presser was George.

Sidenote: when George "held up" the University for money his salary peaked at $275k. Mel Tucker makes that in a month.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-26, 11:41

For those keeping score:

Jim Harbaugh has eaten more boogers on camera than he has victories over Tuck

He’s also eaten more boogers on camera than he has brought his team to Indy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-10-26, 11:43

glad to hear they have progressed and found better things to do with their nights. never could imagine doing that.
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-10-26, 11:54

It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 1494614055

[tw]1452636065873944586[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay and Foghorn Leghorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-10-26, 16:24

Death Roe wrote:Who's all tailgating this weekend?

Me!!!
With tRCMB crew like I usually do. We're not far where the Morgan freeman statue is/where the basket team tailgates by the breslin.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-10-26, 16:24

[quote="Heat Miser"] It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 1494614055

[tw]1452636065873944586[/tw]breaking.

I saw that last night and I was laughing hysterically. I did not expect that. It's not over. It'll never be over here. It's just starting: Michigan pregame thread - Page 2 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-26, 16:40

DWags wrote:For those keeping score:

Jim Harbaugh has eaten more boogers on camera than he has victories over Tuck

He’s also eaten more boogers on camera than he has brought his team to Indy.

This needs to be a Swill tweet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2021-10-26, 16:48

Michigan-MSU rivalry

You know, I've got a response for Tucker.

"This is a business with a lot of passion backing it up.  It's my job to build that passion, and it's my job to provide for my family.  So, if there is banter about future job opportunities, I would not expect anyone to NOT evaluate those opportunities, just like I think players should always be evaluating their opportunities, within or outside of the program.

This in not a distraction. This is life.  And life this week is doing everything in our power to keep Paul Bunyan in East Lansing. I am not distracted, and neither is my team."
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-26, 17:53

duffy munn wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don't know about Saban and the NFL but George's flirtation with the Packers and Jets was very real. Almost certain George was offered both jobs. Hell, when Lindy Infante was introduce as the Packs head coach the first person he thanked at the presser was George.

Sidenote: when George "held up" the University for money his salary peaked at $275k. Mel Tucker makes that in a month.

Those jobs, yes. But I'm pretty sure there were more rumors than those. Same with Saban (may have interviewed a couple, but was rumored for a lot more).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-10-26, 21:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

glad to hear they have progressed and found better things to do with their nights. never could imagine doing that.

it sounds like they are still doing it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVg1jeil3Jy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-10-26, 21:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Those jobs, yes. But I'm pretty sure there were more rumors than those. Same with Saban (may have interviewed a couple, but was rumored for a lot more).

You are probably right but I honestly don't remember the rumors or teams with Saban. Perles flirted with the Pack ( and was offered) after the Rose Bowl. Approached again by the Jets in 1990 after winning the Big Ten. He openly said he would listen to anyone. which looking back in kinda refreshing. After that, his star fell fairly quickly and I don't think the NFL was interested anymore.

As for Tuck, I have no clue what he will do and doubt this talk is even real. But every man has his price.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-10-27, 07:21

https://youtu.be/VY58inWev0E

Charge!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-27, 10:20

Michigan vs Michigan State Prediction, Game Preview

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/10/michigan-vs-michigan-state-prediction-game-preview-lines-how-to-watch
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-27, 10:23

Jim Harbaugh's defining moment against Michigan State arrives in top-10 showdown

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jim-harbaugh-michigan-state-top-10-showdown/iq42ms1cku1c1moyojhupodwp
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-10-27, 10:31

Turtleneck wrote:Jim Harbaugh's defining moment against Michigan State arrives in top-10 showdown

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jim-harbaugh-michigan-state-top-10-showdown/iq42ms1cku1c1moyojhupodwp

You do a great job Turleneck, and no offense, but I don't want to read about harbaugh. Besides, his defining moment was eating nose oysters on live TV.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-10-27, 11:55

Turtleneck wrote:Jim Harbaugh's defining moment against Michigan State arrives in top-10 showdown

Wasn't this his defining moment, or do the goalposts get moved with each failure?

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Dendrobates and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-10-27, 12:10

And since we're not a rival, isn't his defining moment getting trucked by OSU every year?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay, Dendrobates and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2021-10-27, 12:40

Heat Miser wrote:And since we're not a rival, isn't his defining moment getting trucked by OSU every year?
hey that's not nice, they didn't lose last year (they quit instead of losing)
I'm thinking the Buckeyes owe them 2 years worth of asskickings this year
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-27, 17:43

Good quotes from Coach Izzo regarding the rumors of MT to LSU. Equally interesting are TI’s thoughts on the Feud. My mancrush on TI burns bright.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Article/Mel-Tucker-LSU-job-candidate-rumors-Tom-Izzo-Michigan-State-173946509/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-10-27, 23:50

Today, I have made 600 jello shots.

400 typical jello shots for tailgating.
150 jello shot syringe thingy filled for Halloween
50 leftover jello shots thst needed to be filled

So ready dammit.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser, Cameron and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-10-28, 00:36

Spartans ready for Cade McNamara, Michigan offense

https://www.si.com/college/michiganstate/football/michigan-state-mel-tucker-cade-mcnamara-spartans-wolverines-football
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next