Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry?

5 posters

Go down

Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry? Empty Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry?

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-22, 22:31

I was 18 in 72, when Michigan lowered the legal drinking age to 18.

But East Lansing was dry when I walked in the door.

Anyone else in that era?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry? Empty Re: Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry?

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-22, 22:50

I was 10 and living in Williamston. Dry to me meant I hadn’t spent the day with friends playing in mud puddles or snow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry? Empty Re: Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry?

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-22, 23:53

tGreenWay wrote:I was 10 and living in Williamston. Dry to me meant I hadn’t spent the day with friends playing in mud puddles or snow.

That is what I am thinking, reading this board.

Most of you were not in the era of the drinking age at 18.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-01-23, 00:43

What year did it change?  Was wet as fuck when I got there Sept '77 shortly after turning 18.  Bizarre as hell when the state changed the drinking age back to 21 early '79.  Could legally drink for about a year and a half, then couldn't for a year and a half.

Freshmen year was crazy.  Lived in East Wilson.  We'd walk to Shoprite on Trowbridge then wheel a shopping cart full of beer (and booze from Quality Dairy across the street) through the West Wilson front doors, all the way through the dorm and onto the elevator with no one batting an eye.  Was a truly different time back then.  Trimesters.  Our RA bought us a half barrel on a Thursday night late spring term.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-23, 00:49

The Pantry wrote:What year did it change?  Was wet as fuck when I got there Sept '77 shortly after turning 18.  Bizarre as hell when the state changed the drinking age back to 21 early '79.  Could legally drink for about a year and a half, then couldn't for a year and a half.

Freshmen year was crazy.  Lived in East Wilson.  We'd walk to Shoprite on Trowbridge then wheel a shopping cart full of beer (and booze from Quality Dairy across the street) through the West Wilson front doors, all the way through the dorm and onto the elevator with no one batting an eye.  Was a truly different time back then.  Trimesters.  Our RA bought us a half barrel on a Thursday night late spring term.

Dropped in 72, in high school I was the oldest and all my friends, who had been drinking since they were 12, were sad that I, who didn't drink, was legal.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-23, 05:31

tGreenWay wrote:I was 10 and living in Williamston. Dry to me meant not wetting my bed I hadn’t spent the day with friends playing in mud puddles or snow.

Are there any here who were at MSU when East Lansing was dry? 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-23, 06:51

You’re old, Trapper! When I was at MSU you could smoke pot in your dorm room with the door open.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down