Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?

+17
TravelinMan
DWags
Spartytruth
NumbersDude
sεяεηιτλ
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Rocinante
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
PennSpartan
Trapper Gus
Pervis Muldoon
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
RQA
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  Empty NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?

Post by RQA Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:27 am

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/the-new-york-times-hates-to-say-the-post-told-you-so/

From the NYT:

“Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.”
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  Empty Re: NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:39 am

So fucking what?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  Empty Re: NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?

Post by NigelUno Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:08 am

Did Hunter withhold aid from Ukraine or something?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:42 am

Did Hunter meet with Russian assets to sway a presidential election?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:53 am

I loved that story. The blind eyewitness was my favorite part. The Wells Hall righties thought for sure it was the October Surprise that would destroy Biden's candidacy. It still brings a smile to my face.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:51 pm

tNYT, which pushed the lies about Clinton night and day in 2016 hasn't got the best record at fact checking this type of story.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:25 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:tNYT, which pushed the lies about Clinton night and day in 2016 hasn't got the best record at fact checking this type of story.
There’s the moderate boomer we all know and love from Wells. A couple more shots of Irish Whiskey and you’ll be trashing Bernie again. I promise I won’t tell the Swill Progressives.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:32 am

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:tNYT, which pushed the lies about Clinton night and day in 2016 hasn't got the best record at fact checking this type of story.
There’s the moderate boomer we all know and love from Wells. A couple more shots of Irish Whiskey and you’ll be trashing Bernie again. I promise I won’t tell the Swill Progressives.

Unlike you, Penn, I am not a cheerleader for Biden, or anyone, 100% of the time. I look at the data and comment on it. When he does good, I say so. When he is stabbed in the back by Conservatives who are hauling in cash from fossil fuels and screwing the people in their State I note that too.

tNYT has a history of anti-Democratic Party editor decoded news story positions which are based on lies. In this case, in the 24th paragraph, we have a statement which is so conditional as to be meaningless and any honest close reader wonders why the editors left it in, as it has no bearing on the story, and with the conditional words in the sentence, means very little. It looks like either another one of tNYT unforced errors, or some RWNJ got the story into the Gray Lady and the editors were too busy to see what was done. I'm expecting a correction eventually, on this sentence as it is cringeworthy and so conditional as to be meaningless.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:11 am

Pervis Muldoon wrote: It still brings a smile to my face.

A story about political corruption in your political party brings a smile to your face.

Color me shocked.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:27 am

RQA wrote:

A story about political corruption in your political party brings a smile to your face.

Color me shocked.

NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  502811600

I forget. Did Hunter withhold aid from Ukraine? Was that on the laptop?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:09 am

RQA wrote:

Color me shocked.
No... his laptop had the accounting for his hotel down the street from the white house he forces the foreign governments to stay in at a premium when they visit the states....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:15 am

RQA wrote:

Color me shocked.

Oh, the drama. I told you goobers that it wasn't going to sway the election but you all kept freaking out. At least Joe has the good sense to keep his asshole offspring out of the administration.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

sεяεηιτλ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:24 am

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

Color me shocked.  

Oh, the drama.  I told you goobers that it wasn't going to sway the election but you all kept freaking out.  At least Joe has the good sense to keep his asshole offspring out of the administration.

As already noted, color me highly skeptical on this.

The sentence in paragraph 24, which is full on worlds like "maybe", "possibly" and might as well say "there is an unconfirmed rumor that" probably wasn't read by tNYT editors, who have been known to pass on much larger mistakes, such as the editorial that Sarah P is suing them about.

How did tNYT even get their hands on the laptop?  This is surely sourced from a Putin propaganda source and tNYT itself has done no research but accepted a dodgy source for this story.

We are seeing a Fox only ramping up on this story, which is what those liers at Fox do.

Back when the laptop was first created everyone knew it was a Putin plant, which would involve mixing real e-mails with fake ones.  Even so the physical connections to Hunter has never been shown to be true.

This looks like desperation on Putin's part to distract from the failure in Ukraine.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:56 pm

Direct from the RNC thru the Russian Quisling Agent.

Must be sweating since his rubles aren’t buying what they used to.

Unfortunately there are enough stupid people to believeTrump’s stolen elections BS  and some guy who just happens to come upon a Biden owned laptop that coincided whith Trump’s polling numbers going down the toilet that quislings like RQA keep fanning the fires.

Never mind the Trump Tower meetings attended by Don  Jr  that included a Russian lawyer now exposed as a Russian spy to provide “dirt” fr a flagging Trump campaign.

We get the fact that RQA’s goal is authoritarian government at the state and Federal levels run by the GOP.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:52 pm

Has anyone here read the actual NYT article? I haven't, but this is a NY Post article about a NY Times article, that seems to just say that because the NY Times reported on emails from a laptop of Hunter's, that therefore everything the Post reported 2 years ago about a laptop that a blind repairman says was brought in by Hunter, is therefore true.

Just feels kind of like saying "if it has feathers, it's a duck", with no mention if whether it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, or quacks like a duck.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:59 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Has anyone here read the actual NYT article?  I haven't, but this is a NY Post article about a NY Times article, that seems to just say that because the NY Times reported on emails from a laptop of Hunter's, that therefore everything the Post reported 2 years ago about a laptop that a blind repairman says was brought in by Hunter, is therefore true.

Just feels kind of like saying "if it has feathers, it's a duck", with no mention if whether it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, or quacks like a duck.

Paywall, so I haven't ...

However, note that Fox News, which is what the Post is, quotes a sentence from the 24th paragraph of tNYT story:

Fox News wrote:It’s not until the 24th paragraph that the story mentions emails involving Hunter Biden and his associates in those deals, followed by these two sentences: “Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.”

Looking at this, first something buried 24 paragraphs down is mindless filler in a newspaper report, second the words I bolded mean that tNYT is saying this is BS that shouldn't be believed at all. There is no evidence that tNYT has which shows this is a "Mr. Biben's" laptop, and further who this "Mr. Biden" might be, nor does tNYT have any evidence that the e-mails are really "Mr. Biden's". All they have is some source involved in the investigation saying that a"Mr. Biden", not naming which Mr. Biden appears to be involved.

Until there is real evidence, they have nothing, which is why it is noted so deep in the article, where the where the editor's probably didn't read.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:10 am

So, I did some mindless research, after watching too much Midsummer, and ended up with these questions:

Was the "Hunter Biden's" laptop really Hunter Biden's?

- Was Hunter Biden anywhere near the repair shop where it was dropped off at the time it was dropped off?
- Was the repair shop a likely place that Hunter was likely to drop off computers for repair?
- What happens with a computer battery if it is submerged in liquid?
- Was the receipt for the laptop in sequence for the other receipts for the dates of service for other customers at said repair shop?
- The surveillance video from the repair shop's security system was erased for the day in question, was this the only day that is missing?
- Legally blind does not mean someone cannot see, what are the details of this legal blindness?
- Are there any files on the hard drive that either clearly are fakes or that are clearly not something that would be on there if this was Hunter's laptop?

If this was a Midsummer episode these are basic investigative questions, yet no one on the internets seems to have asked them.

btw - the internets all seem to agree there is no convincing evidence that the laptop in question was Hunter Biden's, nor is there convincing evidence it was not.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:20 am

Guess what. I don't care. Jared Kushner obviously doesn't either.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:29 am

kingstonlake wrote:Guess what. I don't care. Jared Kushner obviously doesn't either.

I'm just showing how many basic questions the true believers can't answer.

Yes, the Conservatives seem to ignore the massive graft with possible national sercurity implications that people they support do.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:22 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Guess what. I don't care. Jared Kushner obviously doesn't either.

Yes, the Conservatives seem to ignore the massive graft with possible national sercurity implications that people they support do.

I thought it was normal for ex-Presidents' sons or sons in law to get $2 billion investments from murderers shortly after daddy(in law) leaves office?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:24 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I thought it was normal for ex-Presidents' sons or sons in law to get $2 billion investments from murderers shortly after daddy(in law) leaves office?

So it's okay for the Biden family to be corrupt as long as the Trump family is corrupt.

Got it.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:33 am

RQA wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

So it's okay for the Biden family to be corrupt as long as the Trump family is corrupt.

Got it.

Not okay for either, however there is zero verifiable evidence of President Biden being currupt and none of Hunter either, even though Hinter has never been part of his staff or administration while Trump's kids, and Trump himself, have accepted direct payoffs for actions they took while in office.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:20 am

The RussianQuislingAgent keeps pitching Trump/Putin talking points.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:50 pm

RQA wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Got it.

Levels.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:04 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Not okay for either, however there is zero verifiable evidence of President Biden being currupt and none of Hunter either, even though Hinter has never been part of his staff or administration while Trump's kids, and Trump himself, have accepted direct payoffs for actions they took while in office.

So you are also in the spin that Biden corruption is okay as long as there was Trump corruption.

Got it.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:18 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So you are also in the spin that Biden corruption is okay as long as there was Trump corruption.

Got it.

Whit is it about the words "Not okay for either" that you don't understand.

scratch NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  420617953
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:25 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

Got it.

scratch NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  420617953

There is plenty of evidence about Joe/Hunter Biden corruption. Joe's ongoing statement that he never met any of Hunter's business associates has been shown to be a blatant lie by WH visitor logs.

You then go on to accuse the Trump family of corruption.

You too cannot disconnect the two.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:36 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

scratch  NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  420617953

There is plenty of evidence about Joe/Hunter Biden corruption.  Joe's ongoing statement that he never met any of Hunter's business associates has been shown to be a blatant lie by WH visitor logs.

You then go on to accuse the Trump family of corruption.  

You too cannot disconnect the two.  

Show me the quote dude, a google search doesn't seem to find "I never met with any of Hunter's business associates"

edit - having done some digging Eric Schwerin provided advice to Joe & Jill Biden whom he advised financially (personal taxes).  It would make sense he would visit multiple times.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:25 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:So, I did some mindless research, after watching too much Midsummer, and ended up with these questions:

Was the "Hunter Biden's" laptop really Hunter Biden's?

- Was Hunter Biden anywhere near the repair shop where it was dropped off at the time it was dropped off?
- Was the repair shop a likely place that Hunter was likely to drop off computers for repair?
- What happens with a computer battery if it is submerged in liquid?
- Was the receipt for the laptop in sequence for the other receipts for the dates of service for other customers at said repair shop?
- The surveillance video from the repair shop's security system was erased for the day in question, was this the only day that is missing?
- Legally blind does not mean someone cannot see, what are the details of this legal blindness?
- Are there any files on the hard drive that either clearly are fakes or that are clearly not something that would be on there if this was Hunter's laptop?

If this was a Midsummer episode these are basic investigative questions, yet no one on the internets seems to have asked them.

btw - the internets all seem to agree there is no convincing evidence that the laptop in question was Hunter Biden's, nor is there convincing evidence it was not.

update - according to Fox News Hunter was in California when the laptop was dropped off?

Link to Fox News Story
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:37 pm

The origin of THELAPTOP™ was fishy as shit. The coverup narrative is dumb and untrue. It was covered. Here’s the thing: Hunter may have attempted to use his name to benefit himself and it’s gross. Is it illegal? Doesn’t seem so. Is he in any way associated with the governing of our country? No. The fact that this occupies the right wing mind 24/7 feels a lot like most of their freak outs. It feels like projection. They think everything is massive corruption because that’s how they see and participate in government.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:41 pm

Also we have this - someone was creating emails on said laptop long after it was supposedly dropped off ...

October 2019 PDF's
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:The origin of THELAPTOP™ was fishy as shit. The coverup narrative is dumb and untrue. It was covered. Here’s the thing: Hunter may have attempted to use his name to benefit himself and it’s gross.  Is it illegal? Doesn’t seem so. Is he in any way associated with the governing of our country? No. The fact that this occupies the right wing mind 24/7 feels a lot like most of their freak outs. It feels like projection. They think everything is massive corruption because that’s how they see and participate in government.

It sure seems to be, but I am just asking the questions that any investigative reports should be asking to verify the facts.  That there don't seem to be any answers to the questions I am asking is in itself strange.  If I were tNYT or other real papers this would be absolutely where I would start, unless I just wanted to print a BS story for clicks.

The LAPTOP was supposedly dropped off in Delaware on April 12th, 2019, where was Hunter on that day.  His book says he was in California.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:54 pm

The conflicting statements from the shop owner are red flags ...

In one article it is reported he said he had address or phone number for the computer's owner, which is why he didn't contact him, in another it states "Mr. MacIsaac, 44, completed a one-page form with Hunter's name, address and mobile phone details – all of which have been verified – and a bill for $85 due on completion of the work."

So which was it?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Show me the quote dude, a google search doesn't seem to find "I never met with any of Hunter's business associates"

Here you go Dude:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/21/joe-biden-never-talked-ukraine-son-trump-needs-investigated/2401830001/

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” Biden said.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 pm

RussianQuislingAgent will be kissing Trump and Putin’s asses until he or they are both dead
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:55 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Here you go Dude:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/21/joe-biden-never-talked-ukraine-son-trump-needs-investigated/2401830001/

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” Biden said.

How are your efforts to overturn the 2020 election going?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:56 am

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Here you go Dude:

Your first quote has been changed, I see.

So, the brew-ha-ha about his meetings with his tax advisor who also was his son's business partner has made a noise like a hoop and rolled away.

As to the new wording, his son told Joe, Joe wasn't speaking, so technically a correct statement.  All Joe said was "I hope you know what you are doing", to quote Hunter. To me a "discussion" includes active participation of the people involved and it doesn't sound like Joe did anything but listen and provide a rote parental reply.

The New Yorker Quote wrote:Hunter Biden, however, told the New Yorker in an interview for an article published in July that he discussed Burisma, the Ukrainian natural gas producer, with his father in December 2015. At the time, Hunter Biden sat on Burisma‘s board of directors.  “‘Dad said, ‘I hope you know what you’re doing,” and I said, ‘I do,’ ” the younger Biden is quoted as saying in the article.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:58 am

If what you say is true Joe should answer:
"Hunter's business associate happens to be my tax advisor ( NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  502811600 ) which is why he came to the WH 19 times."

But Joe has never answered that way.   He always answers "I never met with Hunter's business associates"

BTW, who meets with their tax advisor 19 times in person?    My taxes are pretty complicated and never met in person with my tax advisor (accountant).   I think we spoke on the phone maybe 4 times about them.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:05 am

RQA wrote:If what you say is true Joe should answer:
"Hunter's business associate happens to be my tax advisor ( NYT admits the Hunter Biden laptop story was real - will Swill?  502811600 ) which is why he came to the WH 19 times."

But Joe has never answered that way.   He always answers "I never met with Hunter's business associates"

BTW, who meets with their tax advisor 19 times in person?    My taxes are pretty complicated and never met in person with my tax advisor (accountant).   I think we spoke on the phone maybe 4 times about them.

Still waiting for a documented quote of him saying that.

The USA Today link you provided didn't have it.

edit - also if you have answers to any of my Midsummer questions feel free to tell me about them
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:18 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

edit - also if you have answers to any of my Midsummer questions feel free to tell me about them

If I missed some questions among your daily tsunami of posting, please accept my apologies. You will have to repeat them.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next