Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+30
Robert J Sakimano
dadmansabode
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Pervis Muldoon
Wally Fairway
duffy munn
aualum06
Rick Saunders
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Nordic
MSU addict
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry 2022-09-28, 20:25

gomersbro wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Aint over yet. Both quotes got submitted Monday. Buyer set this morning for a tech review...very little time to prepare a presentation. Meeting went well but the client/buyer supplied more information today, requiring us to have our vendors requote. Also wants a bunch of piddly shit stuff broken out separately. Pain in the ASS. Still haven't received any real product information.

"Fuck this client." Been thinking that since I started quoting this project. After this morning's meeting discovered others feel the same. We'll go thru the motions to provide them a requote. Unless a PO is provided after that, fuck them. Wasted too much time.

Sounds like someone needs to decide to cut bait and let it fall through. I don't see the need to do anything other than provide a quote. A tech review should only happen for the team that is 95% chance of getting the quote. Otherwise you are just wasting people's time.

When I was doing consulting work my boss and I had a signal. When it was given the cost of the project would jump 50% to get us out of the running. It was only used a couple times a year, but man did it save us from becoming involved in some shitty projects.
9 of 12 companies no-quoted. We might be in as the required 3rd for the buyer to present to his manager(s). Shitty project IMO. Little information and a lot risk. 2nd quote submission will also be clearly labelled, "Budgetary".
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-28, 21:23

The Pantry wrote:
gomersbro wrote:

Sounds like someone needs to decide to cut bait and let it fall through. I don't see the need to do anything other than provide a quote. A tech review should only happen for the team that is 95% chance of getting the quote. Otherwise you are just wasting people's time.

When I was doing consulting work my boss and I had a signal. When it was given the cost of the project would jump 50% to get us out of the running. It was only used a couple times a year, but man did it save us from becoming involved in some shitty projects.
9 of 12 companies no-quoted. We might be in as the required 3rd for the buyer to present to his manager(s). Shitty project IMO. Little information and a lot risk. 2nd quote submission will also be clearly labelled, "Budgetary".

Have delt with many quotes like this, you know you are not winning but do it for "next time"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-09-28, 21:51

My eight year old daughter has been sleepwalking a couple of times a week for the last few months.  Her doctor says it is common in kids her age and in a likelihood will stop before or just after adolescence - but it is freaky.  

Her eyes are wide open, she has a spring in her step (she does not walk like a tired person) but in interacting with her you realize she is not awake.  When we get her back to bed she is out as soon as her head hits the pillow.  She has absolutely no recollection of it in the morning.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-09-29, 09:04

The Pantry wrote:
gomersbro wrote:

Too bad your company didn't quote. Then he would have been left scrambling for the last month. Hang in there though, you're almost to the finish line.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-09-29, 09:06

MSU addict wrote:My eight year old daughter has been sleepwalking a couple of times a week for the last few months.  Her doctor says it is common in kids her age and in a likelihood will stop before or just after adolescence - but it is freaky.  

Her eyes are wide open, she has a spring in her step (she does not walk like a tired person) but in interacting with her you realize she is not awake.  When we get her back to bed she is out as soon as her head hits the pillow.  She has absolutely no recollection of it in the morning.

Yikes that would freak me out. Thankfully these strange actions are just "phases" for kids.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-09-29, 11:17

gomersbro wrote:
MSU addict wrote:My eight year old daughter has been sleepwalking a couple of times a week for the last few months.  Her doctor says it is common in kids her age and in a likelihood will stop before or just after adolescence - but it is freaky.  

Yikes that would freak me out. Thankfully these strange actions are just "phases" for kids.
It flat out freaked us out at first, but like most things we are becoming accustomed to it.

Hers is not the TV version of sleepwalking, you would swear she is awake.  It is hard to describe interacting with her as she is in a dream state.  For what ever reason she seems to respond much quicker to me than to my wife.  For example, I saw her up and about at 1:30 am, so I say "what's up kid"

Her - "the letters on my lights aren't right"  (she has two night lights on a timer she likes, neither have writing.)
Me (confused) - "show me" walking her back to her room
We get back to her room and she says "See, the letters on my lights are jumbled and wrong" (both lights are off)
Me - "Yeah, well I will fix it in the morning, why don't you go back to bed"
Her - "OK" and she is out before her head hits the pillow and I am awake for the next two hours thinking WTF

Sometimes it borders on the comical.  Last week she got up around 1:00 am and comes into our room, goes into the master bath, flips on the light and proceeds to do her whole before bed routine - goes to the bathroom, brushes her teeth, uses her anti-cavity mouthwash and then goes "back" to bed.  The whole time she asleep and has no memory of having done it.

Her most common action is just coming into our room and staring at my wife.  The weird part is she normally does not respond when my wife says something, but does when I do.  

Her normal nighttime routine does everything they suggest - relax before bed, consistent bed time, limit evening drinks and go to the bathroom before bed, etc.  She is super smart, but they say that has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2022-09-29, 19:10; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-09-29, 12:43

Her staring at your wife sounds straight out of a horror movie haha
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-09-29, 12:48

So far my kids just talk really loudly in their sleep. We do keep the doors locked more to keep them in at night than anything.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-09-29, 13:00

My wife talks in her sleep too. It's more along the lines of get off my grass. I've been kicked a couple of times too. I suppose it's a good thing I'm a light sleeper, I can anticipate the kicks and avoid them.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-09-29, 19:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Her staring at your wife sounds straight out of a horror movie haha
Sleep on my side. Woke up middle of the night sensing a presence. Opened my eyes. 2 year old daughter was looking me in the face from maybe 3 inches away in the light provided by the alarm clock. Freaked me out a little.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-29, 20:47

I haven’t had a creme-filled Long John donut with chocolate frosting in years, maybe decades. Gotta fix that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-29, 21:04

tGreenWay wrote:I haven’t had a creme-filled Long John donut with chocolate frosting in years, maybe decades. Gotta fix that.
Creme? ewww....

Custard then Jellies... creme isn't even on the list.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-09-29, 22:20

All donuts are good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-30, 09:01

Cameron wrote:All donuts are good.

I hear ya... BUT...

Random Ramblings - Page 3 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F59%2Fd7%2F4d%2F59d74d274022dbd21c13b819fe75f36f
but cream filled are just too much....

And maybe those ones with pink chunks of cherry in them. Gross.
Random Ramblings - Page 3 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F21%2Fe8%2Faa%2F21e8aa2a27bf3f5b3c2250fcaad6c5f1

Everything else is great... even plain.
Random Ramblings - Page 3 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmerrittsbakery.com%2Fimages%2Fproduct_images%2Fcatalog%2Fbreakfast%2FDonuts%2C%2520Plain%2520Cake%2520Donut
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-30, 09:03

I've always loved the cream filled version, not so interested in custard or jelly.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-09-30, 10:13

Blueberry donuts are the best.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-09-30, 10:17

Sour cream donuts is where it's at. I got two turntables and a microphone.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-30, 10:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I haven’t had a creme-filled Long John donut with chocolate frosting in years, maybe decades. Gotta fix that.
Creme? ewww....

Custard then Jellies... creme isn't even on the list.

Jam is okay, but not as good as creme. Custard is Random Ramblings - Page 3 1401550746
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-09-30, 15:05

Dendrobates wrote:So on Friday night, I slid down about 3 stairs. ...I broke my fibula. ... My control freak self is going to lose it.

Dendrobates wrote:no one died, except my pride.
I'm just bitching cause I can.

How about now?  What's the status? Any casualties?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-09-30, 16:50

Rick Saunders wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:So on Friday night, I slid down about 3 stairs. ...I broke my fibula. ... My control freak self is going to lose it.

Dendrobates wrote:no one died, except my pride.
I'm just bitching cause I can.

How about now?  What's the status? Any casualties?

I'm still in a boot, and I can't put any weight on it without it. No one is dead yet, but my husband is a close contender.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-09-30, 16:50

I've never been a big donut person.
I do like powdered and cinnamon sugar ones. Otherwise, it's a hard pass for me.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-30, 17:04

Dendrobates wrote:I've never been a big donut person.
I do like powdered and cinnamon sugar ones. Otherwise,  it's a hard pass for me.

I really like them, but not how they make me feel, which is why it’s been years since I had one. They sit in my stomach like an anchor and the sugar makes me feel horrible. Honey does the same thing, and I’d eat that if I could. Some of this is probably just me aging out of super sugary things, but I’m sure my body’s reaction plays a big role. Weird that neither cookies nor ice cream have any effect on me except to broaden my waistline.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-09-30, 17:16

Not a donut fan but I do enjoy danish or a good cinnamon roll.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-30, 17:25

The Pantry wrote:Not a donut fan but I do enjoy danish or a good cinnamon roll.

A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-09-30, 18:24

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Not a donut fan but I do enjoy danish or a good cinnamon roll.

Though a funny movie line, the last part is false. Donuts are fried. Danish are baked.

A donut with no hole is more of a paczki.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-30, 18:25

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Though a funny movie line, the last part is false. Donuts are fried. Danish are baked.

Except a paczki has a hole.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-09-30, 18:27

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Though a funny movie line, the last part is false. Donuts are fried. Danish are baked.

The hole in a paczki is more of a bunghole.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-30, 19:48

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The hole in a paczki is more of a bunghole.

It’s still a hole for sticking whatever you want in there.

Edit: Just like a bunghole.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-10-01, 09:27

Wake up this morning to no Disney channels. Disney and dish can f right off
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-01, 15:00

Why should we care about Judge hitting 62 homers? Two weeks in a row ESPN has been split screening CFB whenever he is at bat. Maris' record has been broken 6 times already. Oh, but let's stop the sports world because someone is breaking a Yankees record? GTFO.

And before anyone says this is a non-PED-aided, do we really know that? And until MLB strips Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa of their totals, then they still have over 61.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-10-01, 15:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:Why should we care about Judge hitting 62 homers? Two weeks in a row ESPN has been split screening CFB whenever he is at bat. Maris' record has been broken 6 times already. Oh, but let's stop the sports world because someone is breaking a Yankees record? GTFO.

And before anyone says this is a non-PED-aided, do we really know that? And until MLB strips Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa of their totals, then they still have over 61.

American League record.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-01, 16:03

Motown Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Why should we care about Judge hitting 62 homers? Two weeks in a row ESPN has been split screening CFB whenever he is at bat. Maris' record has been broken 6 times already. Oh, but let's stop the sports world because someone is breaking a Yankees record? GTFO.

American League record.

That's even more stupid.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-01, 16:08

Agree, fuck the Yankees.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-10-01, 18:52

Took Maris 7 extra games than Ruth had to get the record but no one whines about that
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-10-05, 17:48

Today was garbage day.  Put both the garbage and recycling bins on the grass next to the street on opposite sides of driveway.  Both are truck lift bins.  I have appreciation for our refuse collectors and only put bins out when full/near full.  Sometimes don't put bins out for weeks.  Will not put bins out if the weather is shitty.

Today was pretty damn nice.  Came home to find both bins in the driveway.  Had to park in the street and move them before pulling in.  

WTF?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2022-10-06, 18:39

The Pantry wrote:Today was garbage day.  Put both the garbage and recycling bins on the grass next to the street on opposite sides of driveway.  Both are truck lift bins.  I have appreciation for our refuse collectors and only put bins out when full/near full.  Sometimes don't put bins out for weeks.  Will not put bins out if the weather is shitty.

Today was pretty damn nice.  Came home to find both bins in the driveway.  Had to park in the street and move them before pulling in.  

WTF?

Maybe today was "tip your refuse person" day?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-10-07, 19:51

What the hey! When did a half gallon of orange juice turn into a 52 ounce container of orange juice? I grabbed it out of the fridge and it just seemed smaller than normal and sure enough, it is smaller.
That friggin spider is still driving me crazy.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-07, 20:16

Jake from State Farm wrote:What the hey! When did a half gallon of orange juice turn into a 52 ounce container of orange juice? I grabbed it out of the fridge and it just seemed smaller than normal and sure enough, it is smaller.
That friggin spider is still driving me crazy.

I don't know the answer as to when, but shrinkflation blows.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-10-07, 21:06

My cat Casper (avatar pic) is now in diabetic remission! I can now hold off on the insulin for now. The vet was very excited to tell us.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, The Pantry, DWags, AvgMSUJoe, gomersbro, Trapper Gus and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-10-11, 07:12

What happened to the insects? It used to be that I would have to regularly wash my windshield, especially when traveling rural roads. Haven't had to do that very much except for one drive that took me through a biblical swarm of grasshoppers.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next