Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election) and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins?

+20
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
gomersbro
sεяεηιτλ
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
Jake from State Farm
InTenSity
PennSpartan
Rick Saunders
Zurn
aualum06
Rocinante
Spartytruth
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
24 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election) and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins?

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:07 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Meanwhile, on the Trump side of things, and I say Trump because it is no use pretending that the Republican Party exists without him, here is a clip of who "folks in the (Mio) dinner" support.

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/02/republican-2024-primary-fox-news-desantis-trump

For the Republicans, I once again find myself in 2015. I keep telling myself that there is no way Trump will be the nominee. It's just too far fetched. Too ridiculous. There's no way that people would vote for that guy. People will come to their senses.

I maintained that position until about 10:00 pm on voting day.

I was thinking that it might be a contest between Trump & Desantos until I saw that video...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election) and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins?

Post by TravelinMan Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:27 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

For the Republicans, I once again find myself in 2015. I keep telling myself that there is no way Trump will be the nominee. It's just too far fetched. Too ridiculous. There's no way that people would vote for that guy. People will come to their senses.

I was thinking that it might be a contest between Trump & Desantos until I saw that video...

3-4 months ago I was convinced it would be DeSantis in a run away. But as I drive around the more "rural" areas of my world and see the increasing number of Trump 2024 signs, I lose a little faith each day.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:34 am

[tw]1631309259198668808[/tw]

IMO not good in that unless she has had a political brain transplant Harris is somewhat tone deaf politically.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:39 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

3-4 months ago I was convinced it would be DeSantis in a run away. But as I drive around the more "rural" areas of my world and see the increasing number of Trump 2024 signs, I lose a little faith each day.

Trump has been rural Michigan's choice since 2015, and that isn't changing. He won MI in 2016 for a variety of reasons, verses Biden the race is a tossup to blue lean, if it is Harris the gender and skin color issues suggest Trump could squeak it out.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:12 am

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1631309259198668808[/tw]

IMO not good in that unless she has had a political brain transplant Harris is somewhat tone deaf politically.

I think that speaks more about Buttigieg than it does Harris. Harris would be an epic disaster.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:27 am

Dems don't run their shit like rs do... it's rarely the "favorite" years out. I think if Biden didn't, Whitmer or some other governor would be the leader in the clubhouse.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:52 am

Harris and or Buttigieg cannot win the general election. Zero chance.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:07 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Meanwhile, on the Trump side of things, and I say Trump because it is no use pretending that the Republican Party exists without him, here is a clip of who "folks in the (Mio) dinner" support.

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/02/republican-2024-primary-fox-news-desantis-trump

We never would have had Trump if we had ranked choice voting.

We should be pushing for ranked choice voting in our party primaries (if we were to keep party primaries) and general elections. We wouldn't have to have any money wasting run-off elections when a majority is not won either where that stipulation exists.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:41 am

https://apnews.com/article/larry-hogan-trump-2024-president-campaign-maryland-fa17f34049485d6123051d6fc729d506

Ex-Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan won’t challenge Trump in 2024
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:24 am

Donald Trump did not win in 2016 because the establishment "split the field" | #209 - February 15, 2023
Trump may be in a stronger position for 2024 than popularly believed. (That does not mean he is the automatic winner.)

https://gelliottmorris.substack.com/p/donald-trump-did-not-win-in-2016
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:02 pm

Digital foot soldiers: Pro-Trump bots swarm DeSantis, Haley

No, this isn't an article from 2016. It's still happening.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Over the past 11 months, someone created thousands of fake, automated Twitter accounts — perhaps hundreds of thousands of them — to offer a stream of praise for Donald Trump.

Besides posting adoring words about the former president, the fake accounts ridiculed Trump’s critics from both parties and attacked Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor and U.N. ambassador who is challenging her onetime boss for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

When it came to Ron DeSantis, the bots aggressively suggested that the Florida governor couldn’t beat Trump, but would be a great running mate.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:00 am

Business magnate Elon Musk initiated an acquisition of American social media company Twitter, Inc. on April 14, 2022, and concluded it on October 27, 2022. Musk had begun buying shares of the company in January 2022, becoming its largest shareholder by April with a 9.1 percent ownership stake.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:42 am

kingstonlake wrote:Harris and or Buttigieg cannot win the general election. Zero chance.

[tw]1634182770757869568[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:07 am

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2023/03/trump-supporters-cpac/673300/

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 2 Empty The Republican Base Still Loves Themselves Some Trump

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:11 am

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/03/donald-trump-gop-ron-desantis-2024
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:01 am

[tw]1636731613458440195[/tw]

[tw]1637041062853193731[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:25 am

[tw]1636701470400585728[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Michigan voter roll maintenance means removing nearly 100,000 registrations

Nice article about actually trying to make sure the 100,000 being removed are correctly removed, as opposed to some politicians or entire political parties who would rather just remove them anyway without fact-checking.

Clerks and other election officials have scoured Social Security death records and obituaries to ensure that people flagged as deceased are truly dead.

Community groups that the secretary of state’s office refers to as “democracy partners,” including Pontiac-based Oakland Forward, are inspecting the lists of voters to potentially be removed to see if any neighbors or familiar names are incorrectly flagged as having moved away.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:09 am

Floyd Robertson wrote: Michigan voter roll maintenance means removing nearly 100,000 registrations

Nice article about actually trying to make sure the 100,000 being removed are correctly removed, as opposed to some politicians or entire political parties who would rather just remove them anyway without fact-checking.

Clerks and other election officials have scoured Social Security death records and obituaries to ensure that people flagged as deceased are truly dead.

Community groups that the secretary of state’s office refers to as “democracy partners,” including Pontiac-based Oakland Forward, are inspecting the lists of voters to potentially be removed to see if any neighbors or familiar names are incorrectly flagged as having moved away.

Michigan has one of the better election processing systems and laws, which has been improved with the recent amendments to the state constitution. Although they have differences of opinions of certain issues the politicians were instrumental in setting up good systems years ago, and the people of the state have made their opinions known and made the system better.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:27 pm

GOP chairperson Kristina Karamo is becoming the gift that keeps on giving.

The MI GOP tweeted comparing MI legislature's Democrat's proposed changes in MI's gun laws to The Holocaust.  
When called out she doubled down on the tweet.  

MI GOP stands by our statement

Keep in mind the MI GOP is abandoning its state HQ in Lansing and using a PO Box in GR to save money.  The Republican Jewish coalition is condemning the tweet.  Not the best strategy if the MI GOP is already scrambling for donors.

Republican Jewish Coalition

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:14 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:GOP chairperson Kristina Karamo is becoming the gift that keeps on giving.

The MI GOP tweeted comparing MI legislature's Democrat's proposed changes in MI's gun laws to The Holocaust.  

Keep in mind the MI GOP is abandoning its state HQ in Lansing and using a post box in GR to save money.  The Republican Jewish coalition is condemning the tweet.  Not the best strategy if the MI GOP is already scrambling for donors.

Holy shit, that lady is out of her mind. The Michigan Republican Party is in a spectacular burn it down mode.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, TravelinMan, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:32 pm

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:GOP chairperson Kristina Karamo is becoming the gift that keeps on giving.

Keep in mind the MI GOP is abandoning its state HQ in Lansing and using a post box in GR to save money.  The Republican Jewish coalition is condemning the tweet.  Not the best strategy if the MI GOP is already scrambling for donors.

Holy shit, that lady is out of her mind. The Michigan Republican Party is in a spectacular burn it down mode.

There is some part of the population which have over the years become a majority of the Republican base who believe what the Party is selling.  The Party is fracturing, but it is a years long process of which the immediate danger to our State and our Country are the chance the Republicans gain political power and try to establish one party rule.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:06 am

I think the state is fine. The r types didn't read the fine print (ie, they were cheating all these years) when we passed the redistricting commission.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:49 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think the state is fine. The r types didn't read the fine print (ie, they were cheating all these years) when we passed the redistricting commission.

All the pre-election analysis of the new districts said they were still slightly tilted to the Republicans, just not nearly as much as before. Given that the average state wide vote is about 52 / 48 to the Democratic side the districting is still tilted against the majority.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:58 am

it's pretty awesome watching the Michigan GOP be perfectly content with becoming the permanent minority. The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 2 969504605

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's pretty awesome watching the Michigan GOP be perfectly content with becoming the permanent minority. The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 2 969504605

They seem to be getting dumber by the day so it seems like natural selection would soon lead to their extinction.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:40 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's pretty awesome watching the Michigan GOP be perfectly content with becoming the permanent minority. The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 2 969504605

They seem to be getting dumber by the day so it seems like natural selection would soon lead to their extinction.

Sadly, being dumb, by itself, is not that much of a survival trait, one way or another. Maybe if, like some species, if we has sex once in our lives and then died it would be different?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:45 am

Michigan GOP slammed for comparing gun reform to Holocaust

LANSING, Mich. -- The Michigan Republican Party has received backlash from political leaders on both sides of the aisle for posts on social media Wednesday that compared the Holocaust to gun safety measures being considered in the state.

The posts, shared on the state party’s official Facebook and Twitter accounts, inaccurately claim that Democrats leading the Legislature are trying to disarm Michigan gun owners. A photo accompanying the message appears to match an image stored by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, showing rings confiscated from Jewish prisoners in a Nazi concentration camp.

Recently-elected Michigan GOP chairwoman Kristina Karamo wrote on Twitter that the state party “stands by our statement" and added that the Democratic party “currently fights to murder unborn children” and is attempting to “disarm us.”
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:53 pm

[tw]1638146518346522624[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:56 pm

Newly elected GOP Chair Kristina Karamo had a 2 hr chat with MLive on March 17.

I am beginning to wonder if she will last until 2024.  The GOP lost every major statewide race in 2022.  Between redistricting and the hardline GOP messaging on abortion they lost both legislative majorities.  Now Karamo thinks they need to be more strident.

“People who voted for Prop 3 in Nov 22 are “participants in murder”
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:08 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Newly elected GOP Chair Kristina Karamo had a 2 hr chat with MLive on March 17.

I am beginning to wonder if she will last until 2024.  The GOP lost every major statewide race in 2022.  Between redistricting and the hardline GOP messaging on abortion they lost both legislative majorities.  Now Karamo thinks they need to be more strident.

“People who voted for Prop 3 in Nov 22 are “participants in murder”

The Republicans are on the wrong side of the majority of the country on abortion and not by a little bit, it is like 65% of the voters who believe that abortions should be legal into the 26th week.

I have no idea how they fix that problem.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:17 am

https://apnews.com/article/elizabeth-warren-senate-reelection-campaign-2024-b686e64a20990a2e3fcf8cb69f4b7559
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:41 am

[tw]1640322845757652995[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:45 am

President Biden's advisers and close allies don't expect him to announce a run for re-election any time soon — and some now believe it could come as late as July, or perhaps even the fall.

Why it matters: Biden's waiting game has left many ambitious Democrats and would-be staffers with their 2024 plans on hold. They initially thought Biden would launch a campaign soon after the Christmas break, after talking with his family.

Zoom in: There's no indication Biden has changed his mind about running for re-election.

But if he ultimately chooses to bow out, the late decision could provide an advantage to Vice President Kamala Harris if she wanted to run for president — and it could foreclose options for other Democrats.
Biden's campaign-in-waiting is still in the earliest stages, with decisions still needed on top positions such as campaign manager and finance chairman.

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/03/biden-2024-presidential-campaign-announcement-wait
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:26 am

House Democrats' campaign arm is homing in on districts won by former President Trump in its efforts to expand the 2024 House map.

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/04/democrats-trump-districts-2024-elections wrote:
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:42 am

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1640322845757652995[/tw]
Michigan is a beacon of pro-freedom, pro-family America.

Big Gretch and the new legislature just rockin' it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1640322845757652995[/tw]
Michigan is a beacon of pro-freedom, pro-family America.

I'm beginning to believe.

Big Gretch for President - 2028!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:07 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Michigan is a beacon of pro-freedom, pro-family America.

I'm beginning to believe.

Big Gretch for President - 2028!

Big Gretch - Making MAGA Heads Explode - Again
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:31 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63654388

Adding this article and updating "the list" thanks to TM's post.

Trapper Gus wrote:
TP wrote:Listing the possibles in order with strikeouts for ones not in the running & bold for those declared.

Democratic:
Joe Biden

1 - Vice President Kamala Harris
2 - California Governor Gavin Newsom
3 - Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer
4 - Senator Bernie Sanders
5 - Senator Elizabeth Warren
6 - Senator Raphael Warnock
7 - Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg
8 - Beto O’Rourke
9 - Stacey Abrams
10 - Senator Cory Booker
11 - Senator Amy Klobuchar
12 - Maryland Governor Wes Moore
13 - Senator Mark Kelly
14 - Senator Tammy Baldwin
15 - Colorado Governor Jared Polis
16 - North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper
17 - Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro
18 - New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy
19 - Illinois Governor JB Pritzker
20 - Rep. Tim Ryan
21 - Montana Governor Steve Bullock
22 - Senator John Fetterman
23 - Judge Cheri Beasley
24 - US House Representative Ro Khanna
25 - Gina Raimondo
26 - Marianne Williamson
27 - Robert F Kennedy Jr

Republican:
1 - Donald Trump
1a - Florida Governor Ron DeSantis

2 - Ex-VP Mike Pence
3 - Ex Governor Nikki Haley
4 - Georgia Governor Brian Kemp
5 - Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin
6 - New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu
7 - South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem
8 - Ex Maryland Governor Larry Hogan
9 - Ex Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson
10 - Mike Pompeo
11 - Senator Ted Cruz
12 - Senator Marco Rubio
13 - Senator Tim Scott
14 - Ex New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
15 - John Bolton
16 - Ex US Representative Liz Cheney

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t24726-the-2024-michigan-legislature-us-house-senate-presidential-election-who-do-you-think-wins

I disagree with your assessment TM. There are some people who have a strong background in politics & policy on both sides. None of them are as strong as Biden, but they are strong contenders.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t25124-the-democrat-s-deep-bench#846757
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:50 am

Will abortion be a major factor in 2024?

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/11/republicans-aborrion-pill-ruling-2024
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next