Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out?

+10
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Trapper Gus
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
NigelUno
Turtleneck
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? Empty I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out?

Post by Turtleneck Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 14:38

First, it was his comments about academics at MSU. That was no big deal. Rivalry stuff.

But then he did nothing when a guest on a podcast called Izzo "Hitler." Nobody said a word, even though such comments have become socially unacceptable. While he didn't make the Hitler comment, he did not push back, and I think he even laughed along with the joke.

Now he has called Wisconsin basketball players "scumbags" on a podcast.

Wisconsin, they are just scumbags," he said. "That’s what it is. They are just scumbags. Nothing I can say about Wisconsin is going to fire up the matchup even more. It already is what it is. They are scumbags. The feeling could not be anymore mutual. It’s not like it’s a one-sided beef where I am mad at (former Maryland head coach) Mark Turgeon for not recruiting me. Maryland, the players, they have no reason to be mad at me. This one is very mutual."

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Article/Wisconsin-Badgers-mens-basketball-Michigan-Hunter-Dickinson-calls-Badgers-scumbags-Juwan-Howard-Big-Ten-Basketball-202029317/

This guy seems like a shitty person. If you don't believe in the blue wall, ask yourself what the local media would say if it were an MSU player. UM is a cult.

I also wish players would stop associating with the racist, sexist, and overall bigoted Barstool Sports.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? Empty Re: I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out?

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:01

The Big Ten does have a sportsmanship policy.  Seems like he violated it.  Punishment pending....I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? 502811600

10.01 General Purpose and Scope. The Big Ten Conference expects all contests involving a
member institution to be conducted without compromise to any fundamental element of
sportsmanship. Such fundamental elements include integrity of the competition, civility toward
all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials. Accordingly, each member
institution, through the actions of the individuals or groups of individuals listed in Agreement
10.1.1 below, has an obligation to behave in a way that does not offend the elements of
sportsmanship described above. Actions that are offensive to the integrity of the competition,
actions that offend civility, and actions of disrespect are subject to review and are punishable in
accordance with the terms of this policy. Although this policy will apply most commonly to
actions that occur within or around the competitive arena, the scope of its application is
intentionally left unrestricted in order to accommodate any behavior, which may occur in any
setting, deemed by the Commissioner to offend the underlying objective this policy seeks to
achieve. For example, public comments or public messaging made at any time by individuals
listed in Agreement 10.1.1 below, including comments or messages posted even temporarily via
social media, are subject to review and punishable in accordance with the terms of this policy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? Empty Re: I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out?

Post by Turtleneck Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:08

NigelUno wrote:The Big Ten does have a sportsmanship policy.  Seems like he violated it.  Punishment pending....I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? 502811600

10.01 General Purpose and Scope. The Big Ten Conference expects all contests involving a
member institution to be conducted without compromise to any fundamental element of
sportsmanship. Such fundamental elements include integrity of the competition, civility toward
all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials. Accordingly, each member
institution, through the actions of the individuals or groups of individuals listed in Agreement
10.1.1 below, has an obligation to behave in a way that does not offend the elements of
sportsmanship described above. Actions that are offensive to the integrity of the competition,
actions that offend civility, and actions of disrespect are subject to review and are punishable in
accordance with the terms of this policy. Although this policy will apply most commonly to
actions that occur within or around the competitive arena, the scope of its application is
intentionally left unrestricted in order to accommodate any behavior, which may occur in any
setting, deemed by the Commissioner to offend the underlying objective this policy seeks to
achieve. For example, public comments or public messaging made at any time by individuals
listed in Agreement 10.1.1 below, including comments or messages posted even temporarily via
social media, are subject to review and punishable in accordance with the terms of this policy.

This sounds like the perfect time for the Detroit papers to revisit the MSU riots.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:09

Antonio Brown did it better.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:14

Motown Spartan wrote:Antonio Brown did it better.  

Not while he was in college, plus everything Brown said was accompanied by some erratic behavior. Brown seemed to be going through something, while Dickinson is just a gigantic asshole.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:17

He’s becoming AB.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:18

Motown Spartan wrote:He’s becoming AB.

I hope he quits during a game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 16:48

The unspoken rules of the Big Ten is that UofM is allowed to be classless and disrespectful. They are above the rules. The SEC is a fairer and better run conference.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 16:56

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Antonio Brown did it better.  

Not while he was in college, plus everything Brown said was accompanied by some erratic behavior. Brown seemed to be going through something, while Dickinson is just a gigantic asshole.

He seems to be playing the heel. Might serve him well when he joins the WWE.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 17:27

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He seems to be playing the heel. Might serve him well when he joins the WWE.

Well, you know what they say, time wounds all heels.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 21:53

I assumed they were playing Wisky this week before us, but I see the Badgers are playing Minny right now. Looks like he's also just been named BIG Player of the Week.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 6:14

FDA warning attending UofM may cause a god complex.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 8:15

steveschneider wrote:FDA warning attending UofM may cause a god complex.

I have a feeling that Hunting for Dick-inside-him wouldn’t get into UM if he couldn’t put a ball through a hoop.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 9:03

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:FDA warning attending UofM may cause a god complex.

I have a feeling that Hunting for Dick-inside-him wouldn’t get into UM if he couldn’t put a ball through a hoop.

Of course not but then again the idea of a student athlete is such BS. Morons can get into elite colleges as long as they can play sport at the high level.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 9:12

steveschneider wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Of course not but then again the idea of a student athlete is such BS. Morons can get into elite colleges as long as they can play sport at the high level.

Well probably not the Ivies, though being an elite student athlete, like Cassius Winston was when accepted to Harvard, does help, but they have to have the grades, too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 9:16

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well probably not the Ivies, though being an elite student athlete, like Cassius Winston was when accepted to Harvard, does help, but they have to have the grades, too.

True but there’s also a reason why the interest in the Ivy League sports is so low.

Last edited by steveschneider on Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 10:45; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 10:42

steveschneider wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

and then graduate with a General Studies degree and walk right into a job at Enterprise.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 10:44

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

and then graduate with a General Studies degree and walk right into a job at Enterprise.

100% lol
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 11:21

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Just because a student athlete goes to UM doesn't mean their grades are legitimate.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 11:30

This game feels different.

Dickinson is adding another layer of intrigue. Someone will get in his face. I'll take Hoggard. Or Hoggard hyping up Mady to do it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 19:11

Hamster playing with some tape on his left shoulder tonight.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 4 Jan 2023 - 19:16

NigelUno wrote:This game feels different.

Dickinson is adding another layer of intrigue. Someone will get in his face. I'll take Hoggard. Or Hoggard hyping up Mady to do it.
Yeah, stuff feels like it's building.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 5 Jan 2023 - 11:49

UM PR Machine at work.

[tw]1610846431694168065[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 5 Jan 2023 - 12:39

NigelUno wrote:UM PR Machine at work.

I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? 1966794946
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 5 Jan 2023 - 12:43

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:UM PR Machine at work.

I hate to give him his own thread, but in what world is Hunter Dickinson not called out? 1966794946  

Hmmm. Is it weird that Larry gave examples of Kanye and Kyrie, but not Donovan Edwards?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 5 Jan 2023 - 12:48

Why is the LSJ running interference for him?

[tw]1610851020355035138?s=20&t=-2rDVPMd0vPgozyPvfKbYw[/tw]

The way I see it, he got some pushback about the Hitler comment and was pressured to take it down. I doubt he reflected on it and took it down without being asked or told to do so. The pressure probably came from within UM. So if it was bad enough that it needed to be taken down, I am curious why the local media never mentioned it. Again, no way an MSU player escapes the wrath of the Detroit papers if they are involved in something like this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 5 Jan 2023 - 13:16

Turtleneck wrote:Why is the LSJ running interference for him?

[tw]1610851020355035138?s=20&t=-2rDVPMd0vPgozyPvfKbYw[/tw]

The way I see it, he got some pushback about the Hitler comment and was pressured to take it down. I doubt he reflected on it and took it down without being asked or told to do so. The pressure probably came from within UM. So if it was bad enough that it needed to be taken down, I am curious why the local media never mentioned it. Again, no way an MSU player escapes the wrath of the Detroit papers if they are involved in something like this.

Yeah. He has so much respect for Izzo that he was talking shit to him during a game last year.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 6 Jan 2023 - 1:06

[tw]1610862519655997442?s=20&t=z880IftpcIqA9gN2yAfE7Q[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 6 Jan 2023 - 1:12

And here is what you show people when you are telling them education in America is broken.

[tw]1610340232523653120?s=20&t=2r4P5_G7h0hqsEg6LjDwYQ[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 6 Jan 2023 - 7:32

Turtleneck wrote:And here is what you show people when you are telling them education in America is broken.

They don’t care. They’ll probably get more views on their podcast now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 6 Jan 2023 - 9:56

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:And here is what you show people when you are telling them education in America is broken.

They don’t care. They’ll probably get more views on their podcast now.

They’re happy about the attention
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 27 Feb 2023 - 13:41

[tw]1629933068277383170[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 27 Feb 2023 - 18:45

That was intentional. If we follow the precedent of the local prosecutor, that is assault. Do we know when the charges will be filed?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 27 Feb 2023 - 20:47

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1629933068277383170[/tw]

Then got blasted in the face with the ball.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 27 Feb 2023 - 20:57

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1629933068277383170[/tw]

That is insane. I might play that way, way out of control, but people who want to go professional shouldn't. I remember a story about UofM in a bowl game against either Nebraska or Oklahoma, where the future all NFL linebacker tackled Ms QB, and it might have been Harbs, and then protected the QB from being seriously hurt after he was down. That is what the pros are about.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 27 Feb 2023 - 21:20

Dickinson looks like a for real dork. Not a nerd, more like if he weren't so busy with basketball, he would be wearing capes and having styrofoam sword fights in the park as part of some pretend dark ages army or whatever.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue 28 Feb 2023 - 12:10

Guy wears a burglar mask to a game the day after the shooting. And the vulgar Big Dick gesture after a 3. Doesn't the guy have parents, or a coach?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 28 Feb 2023 - 12:14

I'm gonna call it now. Dickskin gets them into the tournament and scUM ends up with the easiest path possible to the final four.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 28 Feb 2023 - 12:41

Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm gonna call it now. Dickskin gets them into the tournament and scUM ends up with the easiest path possible to the final four.

They're 3-10 against Q1 teams (which arguably could be considered Tournament competition). Could be 3-12 after this week. Not a recipe for success.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 28 Feb 2023 - 13:34

NigelUno wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm gonna call it now. Dickskin gets them into the tournament and scUM ends up with the easiest path possible to the final four.

They're 3-10 against Q1 teams (which arguably could be considered Tournament competition). Could be 3-12 after this week. Not a recipe for success.

Not saying they'd win it. I just wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the second weekend after rolling over some teams that probably shouldn't have been in the tournament in the first place.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next