Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Israel war

+15
Pervis Muldoon
Rick Saunders
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
TravelinMan
Cameron
Motown Spartan
Zurn
msugolfguy
Robert J Sakimano
19 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Israel war Empty Israel war

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 09:41

Cameron wrote:Convenient to be litigating Dresden instead of Gaza right now, eh RQA?
also telling to witness 'pro-life' christians dismissing the horrors of war and genocide.

you know how easy it would be to say, "wow - that is horrible" and leave it at that? But that isn't conducive to their political/religious ideology.

and they wonder why so many decent folks are disassociating themselves from their religion.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Israel war Empty Re: Israel war

Post by msugolfguy 2024-04-03, 10:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:Convenient to be litigating Dresden instead of Gaza right now, eh RQA?
also telling to witness 'pro-life' christians dismissing the horrors of war and genocide.

you know how easy it would be to say, "wow - that is horrible" and leave it at that? But that isn't conducive to their political/religious ideology.

and they wonder why so many decent folks are disassociating themselves from their religion.

In fairness when you only think 2 countries are blessed by God.....well anything is possible.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-04-03, 12:20

Not litigating Dresden but, rather, litigating the misappropriation of the term "genocide"
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-03, 12:35

Zurn wrote:

Not litigating Dresden but, rather, litigating the misappropriation of the term "genocide"

Take it up with the UN.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-03, 13:30

‘Not a normal war’: doctors say children have been targeted by Israeli snipers in Gaza

“This is not a normal war. The war in Ukraine has killed 500 kids in two years and the war in Gaza has killed over 10,000 in less than five months. We have seen wars before but this is something that is a dark stain on our shared humanity.”

I would very much like not to be their allies any longer.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-03, 13:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I’ve never understood the idea that wars have “rules.” You’re killing the other side, but you have to do it ethically?!?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-03, 14:39

We could go back to putting landmines everywhere and using agent orange and scorched earth, but ultimately, all sides benefit from adhering to the rules of engagement. If you want to live in a world where a war is guaranteed to have lasting, generational consequences (and not just psychological) long after hostilities have concluded, that's certainly one point of view...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-03, 14:43

Cameron wrote:We could go back to putting landmines everywhere and using agent orange and scorched earth, but ultimately, all sides benefit from adhering to the rules of engagement. If you want to live in a world where a war is guaranteed to have lasting, generational consequences (and not just psychological) long after hostilities have concluded, that's certainly one point of view...

I'm not saying that the rules are bad (if you can get everyone to follow them) it's just kind of an ironic way to approach an effort where you try to kill as many of the enemy combatants as possible.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 15:11

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:also telling to witness 'pro-life' christians dismissing the horrors of war and genocide.

I’ve never understood the idea that wars have “rules.” You’re killing the other side, but you have to do it ethically?!?
I don't know much about anything except Springsteen, cycling and running, but I suspect The Hague could answer your question.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-03, 15:44

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:also telling to witness 'pro-life' christians dismissing the horrors of war and genocide.

It is a version of the golden rule.

If you don't do this to us we will not do it to you.

Keeps the more horrible weapons; poison gas, radiation, biological, off the battlefield and sets a standard for the treatment of POWs
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-04, 06:58

Biden’s not changing Israel policy after deadly strike on aid workers

The Biden administration has no plans to change its policy toward Israel after the ally’s forces killed seven humanitarian aid workers.

President Joe Biden was privately enraged by the deadly strike and in a public statement upbraided Israel for it, calling for “accountability” to those responsible and demanding more humanitarian assistance be allowed into Gaza. But two senior administration officials said that is as far as he and the White House will go for now.

The Biden bootlickers have been kinda quiet lately. Is it still the case that only fools and idiots think he isn't doing everything he possibly can? Still white privilege to be upset with him? DWags? Inten?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 08:51

Cameron wrote:Biden’s not changing Israel policy after deadly strike on aid workers

The Biden administration has no plans to change its policy toward Israel after the ally’s forces killed seven humanitarian aid workers.

President Joe Biden was privately enraged by the deadly strike and in a public statement upbraided Israel for it, calling for “accountability” to those responsible and demanding more humanitarian assistance be allowed into Gaza. But two senior administration officials said that is as far as he and the White House will go for now.

The Biden bootlickers have been kinda quiet lately. Is it still the case that only fools and idiots think he isn't doing everything he possibly can? Still white privilege to be upset with him? DWags? Inten?

Still waiting for you to catch on that this is more complicated than Israel v Hamas...

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/04/briefing/iran-israel-war-taiwan.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-04, 09:14

I'm well aware that Israel is trying to drag us into a broader war in the region, thanks.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2024-04-04, 09:25

It's a complex war but living in metro Detroit you definitely have friends on both sides. Although according to some people my Jewish friends aren't really Jewish because they don't like bibi.

Anyway even they admit if the Hamas would hand everyone over tomorrow that Israel wouldnt stop settlement in Gaza and theyd actively encourage it under the current leadership.

Let's not forget how Bibi came into power, either. That's a trip down memory lane.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 09:32

Cameron wrote:I'm well aware that Israel is trying to drag us into a broader war in the region, thanks.

No country wants a broader war in the region right now. As the link said, there are reasons none of the participants in the ongoing conflict want an all-out war.

Iran et al want Israel gone, eventually, so they say. The current government of Israel wants all of what was once called Palestine to be "Israel", however there are other groups in Israel who do not support that and do support a two-state solution.

The current flare-up is at least partly to stop pipelines from Saudi to the EU being constructed and at least Iran & Russia don't want those pipelines built.

Iran suckered Israel into this war, knowing the current Israel government's bias, just like Bin-Laudin did with G. Bush. Biden warned them but they didn't listen, and now it is a big mess and getting messier.

Other than this "war issue" the US & Israel are aligned on many of the issues that are common to both.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-04, 09:48

Israel attacking a fucking embassy in Damascus tells me Bibi is looking to fuck around and find out.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 10:06

Cameron wrote:Israel attacking a fucking embassy in Damascus tells me Bibi is looking to fuck around and find out.

You may be correct as the what the current Israel government wants.  Attacking an embassy is the same, or even more, as a strike on a country.

Bibi et al have gone BS crazy if that is what they want, and it is not likely that the US will follow them down that path.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-04-04, 11:53

Trapper Gus wrote:
Cameron wrote:Israel attacking a fucking embassy in Damascus tells me Bibi is looking to fuck around and find out.

You may be correct as the what the current Israel government wants.  Attacking an embassy is the same, or even more, as a strike on a country.

Bibi et al have gone BS crazy if that is what they want, and it is not likely that the US will follow them down that path.

Evident by Israel not using F-15, F-16, F-35, and their missles.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-04, 12:28

Cameron wrote:Biden’s not changing Israel policy after deadly strike on aid workers

Trump: “ I would tell Israel to do everything they could to get it over with now, they are losing the PR battle. Get it done do it now.”

What’s my other choice?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-04-04, 12:32

DWags wrote:

Trump: “ I would tell Israel to do everything they could to get it over with now, they are losing the PR battle. Get it done do it now.”

What’s my other choice?

I mean absolutely no snark by this, but I have to ask: How have you come to prioritize this Israel/Gaza war over the wellness of your own country? (Assuming you are, indeed, a U.S. citizen)
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-04, 12:44

TravelinMan wrote:
DWags wrote:

What’s my other choice?

I mean absolutely no snark by this, but I have to ask: How have you come to prioritize this Israel/Gaza war over the wellness of your own country? (Assuming you are, indeed, a U.S. citizen)

I’m voting for Biden for the health of my own country. This is an issue we are talking about that, whoever we vote for, besides doing what we believe is best for our country has to deal with as the head of State.

Are you looking for a candidate that will ignore it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 12:46

I think the horror that people are feeling regarding Israel's tactics in Gaza is reasonable, and, though we don't have the full picture, expecting our President to use the influence he has with Israel to stop the killing is reasonable.

I don't quite get the anger at the US President when it is clear he isn't being listened to by the Israel government.

We are not going to cut off a relationship that is a close second to the special relationship we have with Great Britain just because we disagree with their current government.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-04-04, 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-04, 12:50

Trapper Gus wrote:I think the horror that people are feeling regarding Israel's tactics in Gaza is reasonable, and, though we don't have the full picture, expecting our President to use the influence he has with Israel to stop the killing is reasonable.

I don't quite get the anger at the US President when it is clear he isn't bring listened to by the Israel government.

We are not going to cut off a relationship that is a close second to the special relationship we have with Great Britain just because we disagree with their current government.

He’s currently on a phone call with Israel as we speak here. I can’t imagine how frustrated he is It’s a fricken hot mess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-04, 15:03

[tw]1771177070204203381[/tw]

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The sooner we extricate ourselves from this "special relationship," the better.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-04, 15:26

Cameron wrote:[tw]1771177070204203381[/tw]

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The sooner we extricate ourselves from this "special relationship," the better.

I understand why it is a good idea to re-evaluate the relationship, but I also understand why there is that relationship.

https://www.kveller.com/the-masters-of-the-air-finale-gives-us-a-powerful-jewish-scene/

Of course this a scene from a TV show... but still.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 15:51

https://apnews.com/article/biden-netanyahu-3591fb5f82b22cf8e5d1060fccaef115

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden issued a stark warning to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday that future U.S. support for Israel’s Gaza war depends on the swift implementation of new steps to protect civilians and aid workers.

Biden and Netanyahu ‘s roughly 30-minute call just days after Israeli airstrikes killed seven food aid workers in Gaza added a new layer of complication to the leaders’ increasingly strained relationship. Biden’s message marks a sharp change in his administration’s steadfast support for Israel’s war efforts, with the U.S. leader for the first time threatening to rethink his backing if Israel doesn’t change its tactics and allow much more humanitarian aid into Gaza.

The White House would not specify what could change about U.S. policy, but it could include altering military sales to Israel and America’s diplomatic backup on the world stage. Administration officials said they expected the Israelis to make announcements on next steps within hours or days and that the U.S. would then assess whether the Israeli moves go far enough.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-04, 16:04

Who was it that was calling for Biden to condition the aid weeks and weeks ago (and was told that of course there was a good reason Genocide Joe wasn't doing it at the time)? Hmm, can't quite remember...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 16:10

Cameron wrote:Who was it that was calling for Biden to condition the aid weeks and weeks ago (and was told that of course there was a good reason Genocide Joe wasn't doing it at the time)? Hmm, can't quite remember...

Yes, you were, so Joe finally has had enough & and Trump is saying this is becoming a PR disaster for Israel.

When Biden & Trump are on the same side of an issue ... well whatever.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-04, 16:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Cameron wrote:[tw]1771177070204203381[/tw]

I understand why it is a good idea to re-evaluate the relationship, but I also understand why there is that relationship.

https://www.kveller.com/the-masters-of-the-air-finale-gives-us-a-powerful-jewish-scene/

Think Trump will?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-04, 17:02

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Think Trump will?

His family has theirs eyes on all that beachfront property.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-04, 17:22

[tw]1775975214880313458[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-05, 06:26

[tw]1776074061367435694[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-05, 07:46

Cameron wrote:[tw]1776074061367435694[/tw]

Oh yes, let's not vote for Biden so Trump wins. How obtuse do you need to be not to see the motive of this post?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-05, 08:00

LEUVEN, Belgium (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Friday that the measures the Israeli government has announced to expand the flow of aid into Gaza are welcome but may not be enough to meet the Biden administration’s demands for dramatic improvements in humanitarian conditions in the territory.

Blinken said that opening more border crossings, if fully implemented, has the potential to surge assistance to Palestinians caught in the fighting between Israel and Hamas. However, the U.S. also wants to see tangible steps to bolster the protection of civilians and aid workers, he said.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-05, 08:37

Trapper Gus wrote:
Cameron wrote:[tw]1776074061367435694[/tw]

Oh yes, let's not vote for Biden so Trump wins.  How obtuse do you need to be not to see the motive of this post?

I don't know Nathan Robinson from Adam, but based on his pinned tweet on his profile (embedded below), somehow I doubt he has a secret Pro-Trump agenda.

Your input is predictably worthless, as usual, you huge dumbass.

[tw]1620463317579083776[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-05, 08:46

Cameron wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Oh yes, let's not vote for Biden so Trump wins.  How obtuse do you need to be not to see the motive of this post?

I don't know Nathan Robinson from Adam, but based on his pinned tweet on his profile (embedded below), somehow I doubt he has a secret Pro-Trump agenda.

Your input is predictably worthless, as usual, you huge dumbass.

[tw]1620463317579083776[/tw]

I DGAF what he personally believes. I am just pointing out to those who don't understand how the internet amplifies negative messaging about Biden, or for that matter anything else, that is what he is doing. He may not even know he is being a "dumb ass" and doing it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-05, 09:04

Your referred to the motive of his post being to help Trump win. That is pretty obviously false. Just take the L, dipshit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-05, 09:14

Cameron wrote:Your referred to the motive of his post being to help Trump win. That is pretty obviously false. Just take the L, dipshit.

I didn't say it was the posters motive.

I was on Wells for years and what he did was how you react when someone you hate does somethign you like.

!) Congratulate them on doing the right thing...

Followed by

2) Diss them is some way

This is SOP on the internet Cam, you should know it, but seemingly do not. (See what I did there?)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-05, 09:19

You said "the motive of this post," so you were either referring to the tweet or my post containing it, neither of which are motivated by support for Trump. So what you said was incorrect. Your Wells fixation is not really relevant, other than demonstrating why you are so intent to double down.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-05, 10:05

Cameron wrote:You said "the motive of this post," so you were either referring to the tweet or my post containing it, neither of which are motivated by support for Trump. So what you said was incorrect. Your Wells fixation is not really relevant, other than demonstrating why you are so intent to double down.

And I stand by the motive of this post...

Which was to say Biden did the right thing, finally, but we shouldn't give him credit for it, and Biden is to blame for the last 6 months of killing.

NJR wrote:Wait so this means that at any point in the last six months, Israel could have opened more aid routes and Biden could have gotten them to, but both were choosing not to.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next