Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calvin Johnson might be an asshole

+12
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Toe
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
Nommad2
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Calvin Johnson might be an asshole - Page 2 Empty Re: Calvin Johnson might be an asshole

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm sick of the moral outrage. I'm sick of everyone pretending like everyone should give a shit whether or not professional athletes/celebrities break the law or not and why people should be outraged about it. I'm not. Sorry. And you're not going to convince me that I should be.

Some of these are heinous crimes and the people who committed them can and should be prosecuted and punished to the full extent of the law. That's why we have laws.

I don't give a fuck about the Lions, or any NFL Team other than the one I happen to have money on. But I am not paying my Sunday Ticket dollars to make sure that Calvin Johnson says and does the right thing off the field. I could give a fuck to be honest. Catch Touchdowns when you're on the field. Hopefully I don't have to hear about your stupid ass again until next Sunday. I just don't care. Have more important things to worry about.

And as for the child abuse/beating thing? Meh. I feel the same way. So sick of Deadspin and every other social media outlet telling me how I should feel and what it teaches. Fuck off. I can think for myself.

Would I hit my kid with a switch? No. Does it seem like Peterson went to far? Yeah. But to categorically say that punishing your child with a swat or whatever is bullying and teaches them to bully and is wrong? Bullshit. I think each kid reacts differently. For some it probably works, for some it probably doesn't. It didn't for me. I know it won't for my kid because of how he's wired. But it might be for some.

Let the legal system determine where that line is, not ****ing Deadspin or Radisson or whoever.

There are tens of thousands of domestic abuse/child abuse victims in this country - probably more. And we're all going to start freaking out because a couple of NFL players do it? Yawn. Why weren't we freaking out before?

This is outrageous.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Calvin Johnson might be an asshole - Page 2 Empty Re: Calvin Johnson might be an asshole

Post by Herbie Green Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:52 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm sick of the moral outrage. I'm sick of everyone pretending like everyone should give a shit whether or not professional athletes/celebrities break the law or not and why people should be outraged about it. I'm not. Sorry. And you're not going to convince me that I should be.

Some of these are heinous crimes and the people who committed them can and should be prosecuted and punished to the full extent of the law. That's why we have laws.

I don't give a fuck about the Lions, or any NFL Team other than the one I happen to have money on. But I am not paying my Sunday Ticket dollars to make sure that Calvin Johnson says and does the right thing off the field. I could give a fuck to be honest. Catch Touchdowns when you're on the field. Hopefully I don't have to hear about your stupid ass again until next Sunday. I just don't care. Have more important things to worry about.

And as for the child abuse/beating thing? Meh. I feel the same way. So sick of Deadspin and every other social media outlet telling me how I should feel and what it teaches. Fuck off. I can think for myself.

Would I hit my kid with a switch? No. Does it seem like Peterson went to far? Yeah. But to categorically say that punishing your child with a swat or whatever is bullying and teaches them to bully and is wrong? Bullshit. I think each kid reacts differently. For some it probably works, for some it probably doesn't. It didn't for me. I know it won't for my kid because of how he's wired. But it might be for some.

Let the legal system determine where that line is, not ****ing Deadspin or Radisson or whoever.

There are tens of thousands of domestic abuse/child abuse victims in this country - probably more. And we're all going to start freaking out because a couple of NFL players do it? Yawn. Why weren't we freaking out before?

Rack Em
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Nommad2 wrote:
So can you explain why hitting a woman is wrong, but hitting a kid is ok? Because I can't justify that. I'm firmly in the hitting is wrong category, no matter who it is.

Unless it's Lone Bee. Hitting him would be fine.

People have different opinions on this. Yours is that it is 100% wrong all of the time. Others is that if the action is controlled and measured, it can have the desired effect of a teaching moment. Adults don't have teaching moments with each other. Their brains are already fully developed. And adult violence, be it man on woman, woman on man, man on man or woman on woman, is never controlled and measured.

Just another way of looking at it. You've obviously got your mind made up and that's fine, not trying to change it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Does anyone else think it may be a result of, the whole "I'm a celebrity/athlete so I am above the law" thing in the fucked up justice system?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 pm

InTenSity wrote:I waterboard.

Are you getting results? I'm having problems with the 14 year old.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:01 pm

DWags wrote:

Take away the phone. Problem solved.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Nommad2 wrote:
So can you explain why hitting a woman is wrong, but hitting a kid is ok? Because I can't justify that. I'm firmly in the hitting is wrong category, no matter who it is.

Unless it's Lone Bee. Hitting him would be fine.

Of course that's the last thing you'd ever do.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:38 pm

DWags wrote:

Mostly a lot of crying.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Rocinante wrote:Calvin Johnson might be an asshole - Page 2 OrSG5IT_dg

This is fuckin' classic. Calvin Johnson might be an asshole - Page 2 502811600
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:31 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Mostly a lot of crying.

Fuckin' whiners.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2