Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes?

+17
InTenSity
The_Dude
Jake from State Farm
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
Toe
pulling69
SawGreen
The Pantry
Loose Stools
Snake Plissken
LoneWolfSparty
Rocinante
Dendrobates
tTito
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? Empty Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:18

I tried to troll in tSwill bin about this topic but got no bites outside of Bob. Thanks, Bob.

Can someone school me on this? What does it all mean? What does it imply? Are we doing the right thing?

It seems the consensus that this is the right move, so I'm hoping I can learn without it getting moved to swill bin.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? Empty Re: Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:21

For the sake of brevity, no.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? Empty Re: Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes?

Post by tTito Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:22

Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? 502811600 Non-political?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:23

You're asking the impossible.

War is merely the continuation of politics by other means.
                                                                            -Carl von Clausewitz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:25

Plus this will be over soon after Biden leads the Impeachment charge:

Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? Joe+Biden+War+Impeach
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:27

tTito wrote:Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? 502811600 Non-political?

My thoughts exactly.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:37

It's about as straight forward an operation as you can get these days. This is a sophisticated enemy that a number of the U.S.'s regional allies are interested putting down. There are reports that they are now the best financed terrorist organization in the world, so something had to be done. Bombing within the borders of Syria is a risk, as neutral or U.S. sympathetic countries could see that as a threat, however, so far, the Syrians are not condemning the attacks. The risk of doing nothing is ISIL, ISIS, IS, whatever becoming a real state that can hold its own borders after seizing the Syrian's rather modern armament. Bottom line, war sucks, but this is rapidly spiraling out of control and so far, the measured approach of engaging a coalition has my support, for whatever that's worth.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:47

Rocinante wrote:It's about as straight forward an operation as you can get these days. This is a sophisticated enemy that a number of the U.S.'s regional allies are interested putting down. There are reports that they are now the best financed terrorist organization in the world, so something had to be done. Bombing within the borders of Syria is a risk, as neutral or U.S. sympathetic countries could see that as a threat, however, so far, the Syrians are not condemning the attacks. The risk of doing nothing is ISIL, ISIS, IS, whatever becoming a real state that can hold its own borders after seizing the Syrian's rather modern armament. Bottom line, war sucks, but this is rapidly spiraling out of control and so far, the measured approach of engaging a coalition has my support, for whatever that's worth.

Thank you. This was pretty much exactly what I wanted. See how it's done, boys?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:56

Invade their counties, kill their leaders, convert them to Christianity. I guess Obama believes in the first two.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:57

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Invade their counties, kill their leaders, convert them to Christianity. I guess Obama believes in the first two.
and most of Congress you moran
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I tried to troll in tSwill bin about this topic but got no bites outside of Bob. Thanks, Bob.

Can someone school me on this? What does it all mean? What does it imply? Are we doing the right thing?

It seems the consensus that this is the right move, so I'm hoping I can learn without it getting moved to swill bin.
It implies a bunch of terrorists playing backgammon in a cave until it gets quiet.
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:15

Rocinante wrote:It's about as straight forward an operation as you can get these days.  This is a sophisticated enemy that a number of the U.S.'s regional allies are interested putting down.  There are reports that they are now the best  financed terrorist organization in the world, so something had to be done.  Bombing within the borders of Syria is a risk, as neutral or U.S. sympathetic countries could see that as a threat, however, so far, the Syrians are not condemning the attacks.  The risk of doing nothing is ISIL, ISIS, IS, whatever becoming a real state that can hold its own borders after seizing the Syrian's rather modern armament.  Bottom line, war sucks, but this is rapidly spiraling out of control and so far, the measured approach of engaging a coalition has my support, for whatever that's worth.
Bombing is politically expedient, but the real war is/should be against the money.
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 17:42

Loose Stools wrote:
Bombing is politically expedient, but the real war is/should be against the money.

I don't understand what that means.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:43

Stockpiled munitions were getting old and needed to be used before their expiration date. Plus, perfect opportunity to re-wind the national debt clock which had started to slow down a little
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:47

My original reaction is no. But, this group isn't making many friends, and if the intel is good then maybe.

If the intel is bag, then it's recruiting more terrorists.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:50

Bag = bad. Cripes how do you edit on mobile? I went to desktop and it threw me in chat that I could not exit.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 19:25

SawGreen wrote:Bag = bad. Cripes how do you edit on mobile?  I went to desktop and it threw me in chat that I could not exit.
Was there anyone else trapped in there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Was there anyone else trapped in there?
We lost some good posters in there
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 3:01

You want non-political discussion? Here it is:

Our military is ****ing badass. They have the best soldiers, weapons, ships, planes, toys, that exist. Mess with the US and you gonna get blowed up real good, bitch!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 6:31

pulling69 wrote:You want non-political discussion? Here it is:

Our military is ****ing badass. They have the best soldiers, weapons, ships, planes, toys, that exist. Mess with the US and you gonna get blowed up real good, bitch!

All this time I had no idea that pulling was really Toby Keith!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 10:46

Let Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia et al deal with it. They all have the military to do so.

Western involvement just prolongs the "whack-a jihadist" game.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 10:49

Toe wrote:Let Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia et al deal with it. They all have the military to do so.

Western involvement just prolongs the "whack-a jihadist" game.

Or just nuke the entire region.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 10:54

of the great things that President Obama has done for America and the middle east, one of the greatest is basically supporting countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc from the air while they handle the more tedious and potentially deadly ground war.

It's nice to have a president who understands world affairs and can appreciate cultural nuances when it comes to modern international conflict.

that's leadership.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 10:57

The Pantry wrote:Stockpiled munitions were getting old and needed to be used before their expiration date.
Even better than using them up, sell them to allies who then blow them up on the same target you wanted to blow up

The Pantry wrote:Plus, perfect opportunity to re-wind the national debt clock which had started to slow down a little
not really rewinding the debt, just making everyone look somewhere else - diversionary politics

If there is some attack in the USA, albeit even a small fairly ineffective attack, then no one will care about the national debt.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:of the great things that President Obama has done for America and the middle east, one of the greatest is basically supporting countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc from the air while they handle the more tedious and potentially deadly ground war.

It's nice to have a president who understands world affairs and can appreciate cultural nuances when it comes to modern international conflict.

that's leadership.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/24/army-division-headquarters-deploy-iraq/16141945/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:13

Rocinante wrote:It's about as straight forward an operation as you can get these days. This is a sophisticated enemy that a number of the U.S.'s regional allies are interested putting down. There are reports that they are now the best financed terrorist organization in the world, so something had to be done. Bombing within the borders of Syria is a risk, as neutral or U.S. sympathetic countries could see that as a threat, however, so far, the Syrians are not condemning the attacks. The risk of doing nothing is ISIL, ISIS, IS, whatever becoming a real state that can hold its own borders after seizing the Syrian's rather modern armament. Bottom line, war sucks, but this is rapidly spiraling out of control and so far, the measured approach of engaging a coalition has my support, for whatever that's worth.

We're helping Assad by bombing in Syria.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:of the great things that President Obama has done for America and the middle east, one of the greatest is basically supporting countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc from the air while they handle the more tedious and potentially deadly ground war.

that's leadership.

The military machine sends it's thanks.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:29

Jake from State Farm wrote:

The military machine sends it's thanks.
they're very welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:07

So apparently there is terrorist network called Khorasan Group that is in its final stages of executing an attack on America...but Ive been assured by liberals global warming is a more imminent threat and that ISIS was a jv team that couldnt attack us?

scratch

Last edited by The_Dude on Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:10; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:10

The_Dude wrote:In short, anything Bush did was terrible according to liberals.

Obama does same thing, even worse...and its awesome/no peep.

The constant hypocrisy of politics, especially with the Obama administration, is unheard of.

Kirsten Powers pretty much said this yesterday on Brett Baier's show. She was defending Obama's bombing and his withdrawal from Iraq. But being Bush for invading Iraq with congressional approval. LOL

Good ol consistent libs.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:12

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Kirsten Powers pretty much said this yesterday on Brett Baier's show. She was defending Obama's bombing and his withdrawal from Iraq. But being Bush for invading Iraq with congressional approval. LOL

Good ol consistent libs.

I am shocked that a president who ran on the premise he'd never get us entangled in a new wards or conflicts has started numerous, illegally, and there isn't one peep from Hollywood or the liberal press attacking him. Here's my shock face. Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:12

The_Dude wrote:So apparently there is terrorist network called Khorasan Group that is in its final stages of executing an attack on America...but Ive been assured by liberals global warming is a more imminent threat and that ISIS was a jv team that couldnt attack us?

scratch
those liberals are a disgusting bunch.. first they let Benghazi happen.. a tragic event that led to the death of 3,000 Americans on our home soil.. and now this.

they make me sick.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:of the great things that President Obama has done for America

I stopped reading right there because of the Razz Can we have a non-political discussion about the ISIS airstrikes? 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:those liberals are a disgusting bunch.. first they let Benghazi happen.. a tragic event that led to the death of 3,000 Americans on our home soil.. and now this.

they make me sick.

Is global warming or isis a bigger threat to America? I cant keep it straight.

Maybe gay rights' is a bigger threat? Sleep
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:15

The dude shows up and this thread is about to end up in the swill bin. Thanks man. You seem like a very stable human being. Get a grip, lunatic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:16

The_Dude wrote:

Is global warming or isis a bigger threat to America? I cant keep it straight.

Maybe gay rights' is a bigger threat? Sleep
I think it's the fact that the community organizer Kenyan-born socialist Muslim saluted the Marines while holding a cup of coffee..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The dude shows up and this thread is about to end up in the swill bin. Thanks man. You seem like a very stable human being. Get a grip, lunatic.

You're right...it wasnt political until I came in here. Neutral

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The dude shows up and this thread is about to end up in the swill bin. Thanks man. You seem like a very stable human being. Get a grip, lunatic.
at least he's not advocating for the murder of unarmed black people while calling them "animals" like he did on the other board.

not yet, anyway.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think it's the fact that the community organizer Kenyan-born socialist Muslim saluted the Marines while holding a cup of coffee..

In my opinion, the biggest threats to America right now are gay rights, global warming, hobby lobby, and maybe isis in 4th or 5th.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:20

The_Dude wrote:

You're right...it wasnt political until I came in here. Neutral

It was actually doing ok until you got here. You're just going to turn this into another left vs right bitchfest. If you're anything like this in real life, you should get some help. Seriously.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next