Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does the team need to look like this weekend

+13
Frank Ricard
Code_Warrior
SeeRockCity
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Dendrobates
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTito
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
By-Tor
InTenSity
17 posters

Go down

What does the team need to look like this weekend Empty What does the team need to look like this weekend

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-16, 09:45

To keep you from throwing things at the TV or make you feel better?

A complete domination, and a score of 40+ to <10?
Holding their RB to less than 100 yards?
Stopping the big plays?

For me, I don't want to be all that interested in the 4th quarter. I don't want to be cheering the D to stop their O so that we can just escape with another win. If the team doesn't dominate another team that is using its 3rd string QB, and has a sieve of a D, then I guess I'll start saving to go to a NYD bowl in FL (please don't be in Orlando).
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What does the team need to look like this weekend Empty Re: What does the team need to look like this weekend

Post by By-Tor 2014-10-16, 09:54

If we cant pummel a pansy assed sissy boy named Zander then Im done with this team!!
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What does the team need to look like this weekend Empty Re: What does the team need to look like this weekend

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-16, 10:19

White jerseys, white pants, green helmet. That's what I'm thinking they need to look like.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-16, 10:20

I'd like to see a win.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-10-16, 10:22

A pummeling by the second and third team with plenty o action for scout team players.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-16, 10:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:White jerseys, white pants, green helmet. That's what I'm thinking they need to look like.

I like this look. Ya look good ya feel good!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-10-16, 10:27

gHost Spartan wrote:MSU needs to ****ing obliterate IU. No mercy. And score at least 2 TDs in the fourth quarter. I want a 48-7 type beatdown.

This. It really shouldn't be an issue. We have the talent, and IU will be playing their 3rd string QB. Should be cake.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-16, 10:52

48-6
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-10-16, 11:04

No interceptions from cook and defense can't allow more than 14
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-16, 11:14

Woodshed.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-16, 12:03

InTenSity wrote:To keep you from throwing things at the TV or make you feel better?

A complete domination, and a score of 40+ to <10?
Holding their RB to less than 100 yards?
Stopping the big plays?
All three of those will be difficult. But failing on all three of those wouldn't be enough to keep the score within 20 points unless we're f'ing up on offense, or unless all of those are taken to the extreme (i.e. give up 30 points, 200 yards rushing, and 8+ big plays).

I don't think it's unreasonable for Indiana to put up more than 10 points, regardless of having a true frosh first ever game action (I could be wrong, but I think of their offense as more about the system/scheme than dropping back and reading coverages, so that could benefit a new kid).

I could see Coleman getting 100 yards, or at least I don't think that him doing so would be enough to get me all that pissed off (unless it happens because of an 80 yard run during another 4th quarter opponent's rally). I can see him being more difficult to stop than Abdullah because of his size and how they spread it out, meaning less meat in the box filling the holes (insert joke here). At the very least, if he gets to the LB level, he's big enough to fall forward for several 5-6 yard gainers which can add up. If we are anywhere near as disciplined in gap assignments as we were against Nebraska, we should shut him down.

A couple of big plays will happen. They did last year in most games, including Indiana. If we give up 5+ plays over 30 or 40 yards, that will probably piss me off.

Defensively, I think it would take giving up 30 points again to piss me off. Offensively, I'll be pissed if we don't score at least 30. Obviously, in combination, those two would be a disaster. But exclusive of each other, I won't be happy with the defense if we win 56-34, and I won't be happy with the offense if we win 20-6.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-10-16, 12:35

I want to see them bringing people out of the stands to suit up because the walk-ons are gassed in the third quarter.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-16, 14:37

I need to see solid D and solid O all 4 quarters.

Solid D means being in good position on every play and not missing any tackles, with the understanding that the Indiana O may still get big plays, but they will have to be the result of perfectly thrown passes into excellent coverage, with no big running plays.

Solid O means no 3 and outs, scoring on most possessions, no turnovers, no sacks, and finishing all red zone possessions with TDs.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-16, 16:59

I like the team to look like they have their game face on.  Maybe even take a lesson from a former IU coach
What does the team need to look like this weekend Game-face-bobby-knight
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-10-16, 18:48

I'm think angry bear loose in a campground
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-10-16, 20:23

Frank Ricard wrote:I like the team to look like they have their game face on.  Maybe even take a lesson from a former IU coach
What does the team need to look like this weekend Game-face-bobby-knight
An all time classic, when Bobby Knight saw The Ring
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-10-16, 20:57

I want to see our third string QB.  Cook should be watching from the sidelines by halftime.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-16, 21:00

I just want to win. Lower blood pressure and antacids would be nice but I don't take anything for granted.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-10-17, 11:51

I want an easy win, and I want us to look dominating and play four full quarters and I want us to not have any major injuries because the OSU game looms.

I'll take a win any way we can get it, though. Survive and advance.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-17, 14:03

Some shade of green would be nice.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down