Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss

+15
xsanguine
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heathens '87
The Pantry
Rocinante
Code_Warrior
tig ol bitties
steveschneider
InTenSity
Heat Miser
Frank Gallagher
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss Empty Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss

Post by Frank Gallagher 2014-11-08, 23:38

So I am fairly shocked at the outcome, and thought we'd win this game by 10-14 points. In hindsight, it turns out that our schedule has been incredibly weak this year, and there honestly isnt a single quality win on the resume.

Dantonio needs to get his shit together, because if we actually had some decent teams on the schedule, this would be a 4-5 loss team.
Frank Gallagher
Frank Gallagher
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss Empty Re: Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-08, 23:58

Nebraska is a quality win. Guess we'll have to "settle" for a 10-2 season. Pussy.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss Empty Re: Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss

Post by Frank Gallagher 2014-11-09, 00:01

Heat Miser wrote:Nebraska is a quality win. Guess we'll have to "settle" for a 10-2 season. Pussy.

The record will end up fine, but we have been beaten handily by both teams on the schedule who had a pulse.
Frank Gallagher
Frank Gallagher
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-09, 00:02

At least we play teams with a pulse.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 00:03

I hate the Buckeyes more than the Wolerines. That ****ing hurt.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-11-09, 00:08

Heat Miser wrote:Nebraska is a quality win. Guess we'll have to "settle" for a 10-2 season. Pussy.

10-2 is nice, but they had a real opportunity for something special. no big10 title game, no playoff = disappointing
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-11-09, 00:09

Meyer drew up a great game plan against our D and JT Barrett made all the plays that Braxton Miller didn't.

Realistically, we're out of the BIG race now because I don't see a loss on OSU's remaining schedule. So, we go 10-2 and go to a mediocre bowl game. It's much better than what we used to do.

As far as I'm concerned, it's better to find out here than in the playoff. It also means that I don't have to pay any more attention to the playoff scenarios.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-09, 00:11

best thing at this point is playing and nearing an sec team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 00:11

I'm on the Alabama band wagon after tonight. Will be rooting for them to win it all.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-09, 00:18

Frank Gallagher wrote:

The record will end up fine, but we have been beaten handily by both teams on the schedule who had a pulse.

Again, Nebraska had a pulse. Glad you felt the need to run over here and create a new account tonight so you could post such quality crap. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-09, 00:29

Shut up you pussy. What an entitled bitch you sound like.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-11-09, 00:32

Never would have thought the D would play this bad this season
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-11-09, 00:34

The Pantry wrote:Never would have thought the D would play this bad this season
Yeah, kinda shocked by that. OSU played a flawless game.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2014-11-09, 14:04

Well....it appears to me that our offense is damn good and we've put up points against the better teams on our schedule. The challenge is defensive and those games against Purdue and Indiana are, in hindsight, indicative of our defensive shortcomings. Now we need to see if something short of a Big Ten championship and possible playoff slot is enough to motivate this team. Two road games remain with three games total against teams with winning records. We got beat, flat-out beat, by a better Ohio State team that exposed our defensive issues. Maryland, Rutgers and Penn State do not have the same talent to make that happen. But how this team responds is the question now. We'll see.....

P.S. This could still be a 2-loss team. Given the past 40 years of Spartan football, we're still fortunate to be watching a talented and competitive MSU team.
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-11-09, 14:29

Heathens '87 wrote:P.S. This could still be a 2-loss team. Given the past 40 years of Spartan football, we're still fortunate to be watching a talented and competitive MSU team.

Exactly. If we win out as we should this will be a 10-2 team. Any long time Spartan would have dreamed to have a 10-2 record be a "down" year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 14:33

Heathens '87 wrote:

P.S. This could still be a 2-loss team. Given the past 40 years of Spartan football, we're still fortunate to be watching a talented and competitive MSU team.

Agree, I guess if your two losses are to powerhouse teams that are legitimate top 10 teams that's a good thing.

We lost a lot last year, and I'm confident Dantonio will get us back on top of the B10 east.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-09, 14:53

:(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-09, 15:02

gHost Spartan wrote:
Agree. I think Purdue is a decent win also. But come on, Heat, the schedule is full of cupcakes. We've played three ranked teams all year long and we got rolled by two of them, one at home, and barely squeaked out a W against another following an epic collapse. Frankly, your resorting to calling people a pussy because they have realistic expectations of the team is getting quite boring and pedestrian.

Please point out anything about "realistic expectations" in the OP.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Gallagher 2014-11-09, 15:09

LooseGoose wrote:

Exactly. If we win out as we should this will be a 10-2 team. Any long time Spartan would have dreamed to have a 10-2 record be a "down" year.

Be honest......
Going into this season, did you really think we were going to take a step back?
Frank Gallagher
Frank Gallagher
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-09, 15:15

gHost Spartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote: I'm talking more about your response to any criticism of the team more than directly addressing the OP

Please point out anything about "realistic expectations" in the OP.

I'm talking more about your response to any criticism of the team more than directly addressing the OP

Not "any" criticism. Just the dumb ass stuff people like you and Plate of Shrimp like to trot out any time things don't go perfect. Regardless of schedule, 10-2 is pretty ****ing good and people like you make me want to kill game chat all together.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-09, 15:26

gHost Spartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Not "any" criticism. Just the dumb ass stuff people like you and Plate of Shrimp like to trot out any time things don't go perfect. Regardless of schedule, 10-2 is pretty ****ing good and people like you make me want to kill game chat all together.

scratch

I thought The Swill was supposed to be different? Dude, I have no idea what you do for a living or how you live your life, but guess what, not everyone agrees with everyone else. And sometimes, you have to hear shit that bothers you, and tolerate it. IF you want to create another RCMB and just ban people or kill chat because people react emotionally, then that's your choice. Chat is the closest thing to a bunch of dudes hanging out and watching a game together. People are spontaneous, emotional, and COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL. That's actually what I find so amusing about it. Loosen up, Heat, stop taking shit so seriously.

I would absolutely NOT want to watch a game with some of you people. You're ****ing quitters. I'm surprised some of you have achieved any success in life with how easily you give up.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 15:27

gHost Spartan wrote:

scratch

I thought The Swill was supposed to be different? Dude, I have no idea what you do for a living or how you live your life, but guess what, not everyone agrees with everyone else. And sometimes, you have to hear shit that bothers you, and tolerate it. IF you want to create another RCMB and just ban people or kill chat because people react emotionally, then that's your choice. Chat is the closest thing to a bunch of dudes hanging out and watching a game together. People are spontaneous, emotional, and COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL. That's actually what I find so amusing about it. Loosen up, Heat, stop taking shit so seriously.

Agree. If some fan is having a melt down or the house of cards are collapsing for them I find it fascinating to hear them spew it out on this place.

Look at Cameron last night. He made a very hostile thread spewing out some venom but it was probably a healthy release for him. He might have gone out and done something more destructive last night, thank god it was just a bunch of 'fuck yous' on a message board.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-09, 15:31

The D is not that good
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-09, 15:34

gHost Spartan wrote:

Umm... dude, we're not playing the games bro. I watch every single game until the end. At Oregon, I was ****ing hammered and I stayed in that f ucking stadium until after the game was over, walked to the bathroom and stumbled into some VIP lounge at the stadium, everyone staring at me, some cocksucker said "good game... in the first half...." and then started obnoxiously laughing at me. Walked all the way back to my rental and had to sleep in the car for a few hours until I sobered up, then took more licks at the restaurant I went to. When I was sleeping in the car people walked by and said "look at the Michigan State fan sleeping in the car" hahaha... it was ****ing miserable.
Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss 502811600 First world problems
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-09, 15:37

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Agree. If some fan is having a melt down or the house of cards are collapsing for them I find it fascinating to hear them spew it out on this place.

Look at Cameron last night. He made a very hostile thread spewing out some venom but it was probably a healthy release for him. He might have gone out and done something more destructive last night, thank god it was just a bunch of 'fuck yous' on a message board.

The entire point of a message board is for people to vent and say stupid shit when things go horribly wrong and to celebrate when things are great. It's interaction and communication. Heat is just being a pussy. He is too angry himself to handle losing.

So you can say "stupid shit" but I'm the pussy for calling out your stupid shit. Got it. Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss 502811600
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-09, 15:49

gHost Spartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

So you can say "stupid shit" but I'm the pussy for calling out your stupid shit. Got it. Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss 502811600

Heat, what do you want? A bunch of vanilla sunshine blowers in chat who, after our D gets shredded by a frosh QB and OSU scores in 48 seconds to say "come on guys, we can hold 'em. Keep up the good work."

Yeah, that's what I want. You finally figured it out. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-11-09, 15:53

Heat Miser wrote:

Calling out stupid shit is great, wanting to shut down chat because of people venting is not good. My .02
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-11-09, 16:16

Frank Gallagher wrote:
Be honest......
Going into this season, did you really think we were going to take a step back?

It certainly doesn't/didn't surprise me. I thought the offense would be better but losing Dennard, Bullough, Allen, Lewis took a big chunk of talent/experience off the Defense. It didn't see like losing the interior linemen would hurt as much but all in all the defense definitely has taken an unsurprising step back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 16:33

Heat Miser wrote:

I would absolutely NOT want to watch a game with some of you people. You're ****ing quitters. I'm surprised some of you have achieved any success in life with how easily you give up.

Meh, ghost just said in another thread people should be banned here. He really just says shit. He's lazy with any type of philosophy and he's often hard to read. He' is who he is. And you're right, can you imagine sitting through even a partial game with some of these guys?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2014-11-09, 16:36

LooseGoose wrote:It certainly doesn't/didn't surprise me. I thought the offense would be better but losing Dennard, Bullough, Allen, Lewis took a big chunk of talent/experience off the Defense. It didn't see like losing the interior linemen would hurt as much but all in all the defense definitely has taken an unsurprising step back.

Agreed. The offense is better and what's surprising to me is how many games where you realize we could've put up more yardage and more points. Defensively, this team has been on the edge of getting revealed all season. It happened yesterday. Coming into the season I thought our system and depth would ensure we only dropped from outstanding to really good. The drop-off is more pronounced than I think anyone expected. It strikes me that our defensive approach relies on shutdown corners which allows the rest of the team to play an overly aggressive style. We're having to play everyone a bit more straight-up this season. And straight-up, we're not as good as Oregon and Ohio State. Back in the summer, those would've been the questions heading into the season. The answers are no. That's disappointing and just a touch surprising.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 16:37

gHost Spartan wrote:

Another thing - it kind of pisses me off when the posters that abandoned the Swill return because they're banned from the RCMB. Frankly, I'd be in favor of the Rods deleting this thread and banning Cameron from the Swill on the ground of abandonment. We're trying to build a community here but we get RCMB tourists here shitting on the place because they have issues somewhere else. Fuck that. Ban this asshole.

From another thread. Ghost is ghost.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-11-09, 16:43

Having a variety of clowns in chat is awesome.  I laugh at the negative nancies and I try to stay positive, but I don't get annoyed with the negative people.  And then you have ghost with his random, of the wall shit, and Blanch with his unintelligible posts - it's all good.

It's takes all kinds and that's what makes the chat and this site great.  Say what you want without having to concern yourself about mods.

I'm just pissed that my phone battery didn't hold up during chat and I had to log out.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-11-09, 16:44

steveschneider wrote:

Butthurt and hammered can be a dangerous combination.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-11-09, 16:46

Cameron wrote:

Butthurt and hammered can be a dangerous combination.
Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-11-09, 19:06

DWags wrote:gHost Spartan wrote:

Another thing - it kind of pisses me off when the posters that abandoned the Swill return because they're banned from the RCMB. Frankly, I'd be in favor of the Rods deleting this thread and banning Cameron from the Swill on the ground of abandonment. We're trying to build a community here but we get RCMB tourists here shitting on the place because they have issues somewhere else. Fuck that. Ban this asshole.

From another thread. Ghost is ghost.

Especially when he's been back over there doing his normal attention whoring. Hypocrite.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-11-09, 19:31

gHost Spartan wrote:

False. I never said "people" should be banned. I was specifically referring to Cameron. Dude abandoned The Swill after posting here a lot in the early days but, after getting banned on tCock, he comes over here like a tourist and shits all over our forum. Dwags, I respect the fact that you've remained here and that you're still an active poster on both sites. Hell, I even give you a pass for starting the same threads on both boards almost a dozen times a day. I get it. But these banned RCMB tourist assholes piss me off - we're trying to build a community here. Cameron abandoned The Swill a long time ago. Now he's complaining about tCock. Fuck that dude. Keep in mind I'm all about openness and acceptance, but it should be a two way street.

Re-assessing the team after tonight's loss 3434560931
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-09, 20:02

LooseGoose wrote:

Especially when he's been back over there doing his normal attention whoring. Hypocrite.

I'd last about three minutes or two sentences wit him. Tops. Meh, this board tolerates him and that's fine. I like that all kinds are able to post here. He is who he is. I'm convinced of that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-09, 20:04

gHost Spartan wrote:

False. I never said "people" should be banned. I was specifically referring to Cameron. Dude abandoned The Swill after posting here a lot in the early days but, after getting banned on tCock, he comes over here like a tourist and shits all over our forum. Dwags, I respect the fact that you've remained here and that you're still an active poster on both sites. Hell, I even give you a pass for starting the same threads on both boards almost a dozen times a day. I get it. But these banned RCMB tourist assholes piss me off - we're trying to build a community here. Cameron abandoned The Swill a long time ago. Now he's complaining about tCock. Fuck that dude. Keep in mind I'm all about openness and acceptance, but it should be a two way street.

You are trolling Tanfan pretty hard. Do you think he'll bite?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-09, 20:28

Cameron personally invited me to the Swill. Despite his absenteeism, he is an ambassador and I owe my internet life to him.

Cur ante tubam tremor occupat artus?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-11-09, 21:40

1. Posters will always come and go.  Welcome back, glad you made it back.

2. The chat is a great option because it is not permanent.  You are allowed to be an ass and vent all you want in the chat because other fans can't come back and troll through your game threads.  To me, that is a perfect win / win.

3. Heat never turned off the chat, he said he was tempted but I am 100% sure he wouldn't do that since he is one of the primary proponents of an open board.

4. Y'all are welcome to post whatever and wherever you like as long as you don't violate the terms of service here or wherever else you end up.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next