Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff?

+7
Cameron
Blanch32
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
NigelUno
11 posters

Go down

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? Empty What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff?

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:08

It's possible.

FSU, Oregon, TCU, Baylor, and OSU all could win out.

Miss State could lose 2 games (Bama, Ole Miss, and/or SEC Championship)
Bama could lose to Auburn (or in SEC Championship)
Auburn and Ole Miss already have 2 losses.

Would the committee still take a 2 loss team (like Georgia) over a 1 loss OSU? I don't think they would.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? Empty Re: What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff?

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:14

IDC. We just need to win our bowl game.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? Empty Re: What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:17

NigelUno wrote:It's possible.

Would the committee still take a 2 loss team (like Georgia) over a 1 loss OSU? I don't think they would.

if Auburn wins out and Alabama loses to Miss. State - it would be hard not to take a 2 loss Auburn team after beating Georgia, Alabama and, presumably, Georgia again (maybe Missouri)..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:18

NigelUno wrote:It's possible.

It would be like the year the Big East ruled basketball, but had only one sweet 16 team and the talking head hype machine still didn't apologize for being incredibly wrong all year. (05 maybe?)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:21

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff?

Then ESPN forces the playoff to be reevaluated to accommodate the SEC.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Auburn wins out and Alabama loses to Miss. State - it would be hard not to take a 2 loss Auburn team after beating Georgia, Alabama and, presumably, Georgia again (maybe Missouri)..

Meant to say that any 2 loss SEC West team would (most likely still have to) lose to the SEC East in the SEC Championship.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:32

LoneWolfSparty wrote:IDC. We just need to win our bowl game.

OK. If I see you in any playoff threads going forward, we are going to have problems.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:32

NigelUno wrote:

Meant to say that any 2 loss SEC West team would (most likely still have to) lose to the SEC East in the SEC Championship.
yep.. probably so.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 14:03

No way they leave out a two loss bama or miss st over OSU. No way
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 15:21

I don't see the SEC getting left out unless the winner of the conference championship has 3 losses. If it happens though, I expect to hear rumblings about expanding to 8 teams.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 15:30

I don't see the SEC getting left out unless the winner of the conference championship has 3 losses. If it happens though, I expect to hear rumblings about expanding to 8 teams.

Probably be an emergency session called in, 4 SEC teams are added and now the first round games are all played in their stadiums.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 15:45

NigelUno wrote:

OK. If I see you in any playoff threads going forward, we are going to have problems.

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 16:20

Blanch32 wrote:No way they leave out a two loss bama or miss st over OSU. No way

What if a 2 loss (or 3 loss) Georgia team beats one of those teams?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 16:21

NigelUno wrote:

I might be in those threads, but I still don't care if a SEC team makes it or not. What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? 2599972566
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 16:33

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I might be in those threads, but I still don't care if a SEC team makes it or not. What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? 2599972566

Not if you know what's good for you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 16:45

The playoffs cannot be held without tSEC. It's a rule.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 19:46

I agree with Bee. Don't care anymore. If OSU makes the playoff, I'll be rooting for them. That's about it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 6:36

gHost Spartan wrote:But I could see the Committee taking a 3 loss SEC Champ over a 1 loss B1G Champ. That's how fucked up the scenario is.

What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? 294152859 What happens if no SEC team makes the playoff? 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down