Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clash of Clans (iPhone Game)

+27
ICEatALAMO
brodiemsu
Nordic
Green Ninja
Juggaknot
runzippyrun
Johnny Costanza
SBSpartan
007spartan
StylesGShmooth
SURESNIPE
roedel
Dirk Digler
Cool Runnings
Stoops21
BH Spartan
The Lonely Stoner
Drankin21
TrueGreenSpartan
Winger1
Ass Dan
Rook
ROtown Sparty
Zapp Brannigan
Gob Bluth
Phil McCrackin
Spartan_MJ
31 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Clash of Clans (iPhone Game) - Page 4 Empty Re: Clash of Clans (iPhone Game)

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 15:19

roedel wrote:

Not sure if it's a new trick or what, but this is what you do.

Start an attack, but don't drop any troops. Then switch your device to airplane mode and switch back to the attack. Then attack as normal. Whether you win or lose, it doesn't register as an attack as you have disconnected from SC servers. Once game restarts, you have all of your troops returned and still have all of your attacks. Allows you to continually practice on a base to find traps and best method for attack.

The clan we are warring with right now is doing it non-stop. You can tell cause it shows an attack taking place, but once it ends, there is no record of it.

Dude, that's genius. Wrong, but genius!!!
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-09, 16:20

so, they don't show an attack and also doing get stars right? It's just practice to find traps?
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by roedel 2014-05-09, 16:21

Rook wrote:so, they don't show an attack and also doing  get stars right?  It's just practice to find traps?

No stars no attack registered. You can do the whole attack as a practice again and again.
roedel
roedel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth 2014-05-09, 16:31

roedel wrote:

Not sure if it's a new trick or what, but this is what you do.

Start an attack, but don't drop any troops. Then switch your device to airplane mode and switch back to the attack. Then attack as normal. Whether you win or lose, it doesn't register as an attack as you have disconnected from SC servers. Once game restarts, you have all of your troops returned and still have all of your attacks. Allows you to continually practice on a base to find traps and best method for attack.

The clan we are warring with right now is doing it non-stop. You can tell cause it shows an attack taking place, but once it ends, there is no record of it.

Wow, that's a pretty major loophole. Hope they fix that ASAP.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-09, 16:55

Sorry for being a noob but can somebody tell me how to war? Just attack people I think I can get over 50% on?
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-09, 20:30

Attack the toughest town you think you and 100%.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-09, 20:31

Keep in mind your CC troops and enemy CC troops. Best idea is to carefully draw the enemy CC troops out and then attack them first. The. Attack rest if town.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-11, 17:04

We have additional room in main clan for highly active players and plenty of room in our farm clan, Agoge.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 10:07

Not complaining because I was vastly out balanced, but why did the

Troops Donated and Troops Received statistics reset?
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 10:11

Does every week. Or perhaps two weeks. Why? I'm not really sure, perhaps to keep a current progress report on members to see "what have you done for me lately".

Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 10:16

Rook wrote:Does every week.  Or perhaps two weeks.  Why?  I'm not really sure, perhaps to keep a current progress report on members to see "what have you done for me lately".

Shows how long I've been playing Clash of Clans (iPhone Game) - Page 4 502811600 did you get the msu group filled back up with quality players?
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 10:32

I'm not sure when the next war is. Once I know ill work to bring up some
Players.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-12, 10:35

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:Not complaining because I was vastly out balanced, but why did the

Troops Donated and Troops Received statistics reset?
Yeah that war didn't seem like a very good match-up. By the time I got a chance to attack all that was left were people that were much higher levels than me. And my base got nuked by some much higher than me as well. Never really stood a chance.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2014-05-12, 10:42

Polling clan members (could do this with a real poll but doesn't seem appropriate to clutter tSwill with extra CoC threads):

When do you want the next war(s) to start?

I'm open to suggestions as to whether we do 1 or 2 per week, and open WRT timing.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 10:51

ROtown Sparty wrote:
Yeah that war didn't seem like a very good match-up.  By the time I got a chance to attack all that was left were people that were much higher levels than me.  And my base got nuked by some much higher than me as well.  Never really stood a chance.  

Yeah I'd planned to attack either of the lower 4. By the time I got in they were all destroyed. I went after the next two highest but got absolutely no where which I expected. We won but didn't work out well for balance. Oh well didn't get any stars so I didn't get any loot but we won the war so that's good
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 11:04

Gents, if there is no one you can win against, and the war is clearly won, attack a lower person just to get a star and get some loot. Or attack someone who has their TH left exposed for easy loot.

NOTE: don't go looting during a war if the war is still in doubt.

96: Frankly I'm down for non-stop war, but it really does not affect me negatively to keep on warring. I know some find it hard to upgrade bases and to farm while in a war.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 11:07

Rook wrote:Gents, if there is no one you can win against, and the war is clearly won, attack a lower person just to get a star and get some loot.  Or attack someone who has their TH left exposed for easy loot.  

NOTE: don't go looting during a war if the war is still in doubt.  

96:  Frankly I'm down for non-stop war, but it really does not affect me negatively to keep on warring.  I know some find it hard to upgrade bases and to farm while in a war.

Good to know. Figured once three starred I couldn't go back at it. I'll remember that next time. I got no were with the attacks I did since I was so far below them in skill and troop quality. I also attacked early and some of the more advanced guys weren't around so I didn't have as good of troops in my cc.

Rook have you been able to get invited yet? I looked and I don't have the right to invite as an elder I don't think.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-12, 11:10

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Yeah I'd planned to attack either of the lower 4.  By the time I got in they were all destroyed.  I went after the next two highest but got absolutely no where which I expected.  We won but didn't work out well for balance.  Oh well didn't get any stars so I didn't get any loot but we won the war so that's good
Uh, I thought we lost 132-94. Am I missing something here?
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 11:13

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Good to know.  Figured once three starred I couldn't go back at it.  I'll remember that next time.  I got no were with the attacks I did since I was so far below them in skill and troop quality. I also attacked early and some of the more advanced guys weren't around so I didn't have as good of troops in my cc.

Rook have you been able to get invited yet?  I looked and I don't have the right to invite as an elder I don't think.

Oh sorry multiple clans now LOL I was talking about the Agoge Clash of Clans (iPhone Game) - Page 4 294152859 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-12, 11:16

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Oh sorry multiple clans now LOL I was talking about the Agoge Clash of Clans (iPhone Game) - Page 4 294152859 
Oh, nice! Well congrats to you guys then. We will get 'em next time.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2014-05-12, 11:21

Rook wrote:96:  Frankly I'm down for non-stop war, but it really does not affect me negatively to keep on warring.  I know some find it hard to upgrade bases and to farm while in a war.

The non-stop warring makes it hard for me to accumulate dark elixir as I am usually passing it out in the form of bacon. I'll spend around 10K DE per war and am currently trying to accumulate 50K for research, so that is my only reservation about warring continuously.

Not sure what MJs thoughts are on the subject. Seems to me it would be nice to get on a regular schedule.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-12, 11:50

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Polling clan members (could do this with a real poll but doesn't seem appropriate to clutter tSwill with extra CoC threads):

When do you want the next war(s) to start?

I'm open to suggestions as to whether we do 1 or 2 per week, and open WRT timing.

I'm good with 2 per week, but I know it can be a little demanding on the higher level guys as they are the ones providing most troops for the CC's.

My only request is that we try to time it so that the weekday wars start in the evenings. For the bottom half of the clan, if we are not on and attacking within the first hour or two there is very little left for us to contribute in terms of stars. It's less of an issue on weekends as people are on at different times throughout the day.

The last war, I logged on about an hour after war had started and the bottom 7 were already 3 starred, and the "recommended" target for me was about 20 levels higher than I am. I only managed 1 star.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-12, 11:54

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

The non-stop warring makes it hard for me to accumulate dark elixir as I am usually passing it out in the form of bacon.  I'll spend around 10K DE per war and am currently trying to accumulate 50K for research, so that is my only reservation about warring continuously.

Not sure what MJs thoughts are on the subject.  Seems to me it would be nice to get on a regular schedule.

Yup, and this is why you and the other top guys should dictate the war schedule.
For most of the lower half of the clan, wars don't change much for us. We are all likely good for more frequent wars as we aren't dishing out tons of DE to fill up CC's with good troops.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 12:33

Agreed with Phil. Also think we should be permitted / encouraged to call dibs on targets so the bottom 15 members can ensure to have a shot to get three stars, which frees up the mid level players to try and attached higher levels or to clean up the mess from us punks that did not 3 star.

I try to attack right at the start. This Saturday I'm taking the boy fishing so I'll start a few hours late. Hopefully a target will be available.

Also, I think 2 per week is good. Start on on Friday (battle on Saturday). Maybe in the morning between 9 am and noon'ish. Start second on Tuesday (battle on Saturday) late start between 7 and 9 PM.

mon - War One prep day starts 8PM
tues- War One battle day starts 8PM
weds - War One battle day finished 8PM
Thurs - Break
fri - war two prep day starts 10 AM
sat - war two battle day starts 10 AM
sun - war two finished 10AM

Time between War One and Two = 38 hours
Time between War Two and One = 34 hours

Or bump it all one day forward.

AGOGE we need to limit to not more than once per week or the concept of it being a Farming Clan for people to "take a break" loses value. Also, we should ensure that it's no big deal if you are at AGOGE and a war starts and you cannot participate, so long as you let everyone know. No kicking AGOGE members for taking a break.
Monday - day off.

Still quite a bit of warring when you look at it.

Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 12:38

Thoughts for New Members to our ranks.

1. MUST donate 100 troops before requesting troops.
2. MUST be level ____ to join MSU.
3. If a War is starting and we need room (first) ask for volunteers to go to AGOGE; (second) Newest players bump to AGOGE if not enough volunteers (keeping in mind players visiting AGOGE who asked for their spot to be saved.)
ALT 3. Require all players to spend a week in AGOGE before being called up.
4. MUST be a SPARTAN.

Thoughts?
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 12:42

Rook wrote:Thoughts for New Members to our ranks.

1.  MUST donate 100 troops before requesting troops.
2.  MUST be level ____ to join MSU.
3.  If a War is starting and we need room (first) ask for volunteers to go to AGOGE; (second) Newest players bump to AGOGE if not enough volunteers (keeping in mind players visiting AGOGE who asked for their spot to be saved.)
ALT 3.  Require all players to spend a week in AGOGE before being called up.
4.  MUST be a SPARTAN.

Thoughts?  

Would 1. be only in MSU or in both AGOGE and MSU? don't care either way just asking for clarification.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 12:44

Definitely in MSU. Maybe less for Agoge. Maybe it's just me, but I hate when you get a new member and before they say anything they ask for troops.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-12, 12:56

Rook wrote:Definitely in MSU.  Maybe less for Agoge.  Maybe it's just me, but I hate when you get a new member and before they say anything they ask for troops.

For myself, I'm happy to donate troops whenever I see a chance; but with many 'higher ups' they are looking for troops I just don't have so it's difficult to donate sometimes.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-12, 12:59

Yeah doesn't make much difference to me how often we go to war. It will be a while until I will be able to donate any troops requiring DE, but I have base level dragons and level 4 archers and giants which are pretty expendable.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-12, 13:02

Rook wrote:Thoughts for New Members to our ranks.

1.  MUST donate 100 troops before requesting troops.
2.  MUST be level ____ to join MSU.
3.  If a War is starting and we need room (first) ask for volunteers to go to AGOGE; (second) Newest players bump to AGOGE if not enough volunteers (keeping in mind players visiting AGOGE who asked for their spot to be saved.)
ALT 3.  Require all players to spend a week in AGOGE before being called up.
4.  MUST be a SPARTAN.

Thoughts?  
Most of this seems like overkill to me.

1. With the speed that donates happen in our clan it might take someone a few days or more to get up to 100 troops, especially for mid-low level guys who can only donate archers at 5 per time. Invite-only keeps the clan hoppers to a minimum and we can always kick people if they're not donating. Forcing someone to wait while they build up donate levels seems a bit extreme.
2. Given that the clan is invite only, we get to decide on a case-by-case basis what level is ok. If we say "must be level 50" but someone with a really good level 40 setup comes along and is willing to be active/donate or is a friend of someone, we would probably take them too.
3. Agreed. This should be coordinated between people who are switching between the clans. I assume if I want to jump over to Agoge for a few days, that I can return to the main clan and not get locked out, but is someone keeping track? If MSU Spatans gets someone better than me while I'm at Agoge, should that person be kicked so I can get back in?
4. Not sure about this one. There are plenty of people who post on these boards that didn't attend/graduate from MSU. How do you define who is/isn't a Spartan? What about friends/family members of Spartans?

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-12, 13:08

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

For myself, I'm happy to donate troops whenever I see a chance; but with many 'higher ups' they are looking for troops I just don't have so it's difficult to donate sometimes.

It's difficult for a lot of people in our clan to donate. Requests for particular troops limit options for anyone who can't make those troops yet. And, most donate requests are filled within seconds of posting, so unless you are on and monitoring the chat constantly, it can be tough.

The wars are hard for me in terms of donating and my ratio has gone way down since we started warring regularly. Donating level 4 archers or giants isn't very helpful when someone is looking for "war troops". Everyone wants/expects high level dragons, wizards or hogs, which only the top 10-15 guys can really provide.

Outside of wars, I donate archers (currently level 4) as a default unless someone is specifically asking for something else. Sometimes I dish giants out to the lower level guys as I know those can be helpful too.If someone doesn't want archers, they'll say so.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-12, 13:10

Rook wrote:Definitely in MSU.  Maybe less for Agoge.  Maybe it's just me, but I hate when you get a new member and before they say anything they ask for troops.
I don't have a problem with new members asking for troops, that's what the clan is for. Now if a week or two has gone by and they've requested a ton of troops but haven't donated any then there should be a problem.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 13:26

Gotta be a Spartan fan at least.  Loose requirement but lofty goal?

I understand on the donates.  Like I said, just bugs me when people jump in and ask for troops / and then some just leave.

We know who is just visiting Agoge.  They should get first dibs on MSU wars.  The issue will come when we have too many who want to war in MSU and we need to ask new members to jump to Agoge.  If they are a higher level they may just walk and find a new Clan.  Of course, maybe that's okay.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan_MJ 2014-05-12, 14:44

Still think there might be some deadweight...
Spartan_MJ
Spartan_MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 15:02

Que? What do you mean by "deadweight"?
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-05-12, 17:33

The 100 donate doesn't work anyway. They reset every week or two. Everybody at zero, no one can request. It's not like we have a donating problem anyway, people get in pretty damn quick.

I'm cool with warring twice a week. My last clan went constantly from one war to the next and it was a bit much. Especially since I was on the higher end and had to spend so much donating dragons/Wizards to everyone. It can be a real pull on the higher guys. I'm not a higher level for this clan but I think those guys should decide since we have to lean on them so much.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 19:29

Yeah, donating to people can be tough. I'm not sure I have waited more than 30 seconds for a donation request. Even late nights sometimes where there appears to be no one around.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-05-12, 19:36

I'm working on leveling up my barracks and my lab. I'll keep donating until I am comfortable fighting.

What is the clan looking for in order to be a successful warrior haha
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 19:55

Just be active, donate, war, etc. Level is not a big deal. Everyone starts at lvl 1 right.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-05-12, 20:53

It's been a bit so time to try and Update the list. Let me know if I'm missing someone.

Spartan MJ = MJMichigan
Styles = Deez Nuts
ROtown = Donkey
Winger = Winger
Zapp = MSU1996
Gob = Gob Bluth
Phil McCrackin = Phutch
Green Wine = Tbone
Rook = Rook
Drankin21 = BenJax
Rich the Great = angryspartan
BH Spartan = case
gang green88 = proxsnipes
ICEatALAMO = King Ice
Do or Die = Shawn
oxi = ele oxi
Gyro = Gyro
MSU02 = MSU02
lolo = biggieluv
P bateman = D.Plainview
Johnny Costanza = tgoose
tiger vs gorilla = reesmane
dmgyrl = the Vietnamese girlfriend of Gob_Bluth
TrueGreenSpartan = TrueGreenSpartan
DizzyT = Tylerville
runziprun = runzippyrun
SpartansonTop = Suresnipe
Runziprun's friend (not rcmb) = Andi
stoops21 = stoops
Spartan Dan = Dan the Great
Theman5x = Jarrett
007Spartan = JimmyB
King Kwame = Brian
Spartytruth = Spartytruth
Dirk Digler = Spartan1972

Plus a couple junior members

All in All around 40 RCMB related members currently. 80 Members Total.

Last edited by Rook on 2014-05-14, 14:23; edited 2 times in total
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next