Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clash of Clans (iPhone Game)

+27
ICEatALAMO
brodiemsu
Nordic
Green Ninja
Juggaknot
runzippyrun
Johnny Costanza
SBSpartan
007spartan
StylesGShmooth
SURESNIPE
roedel
Dirk Digler
Cool Runnings
Stoops21
BH Spartan
The Lonely Stoner
Drankin21
TrueGreenSpartan
Winger1
Ass Dan
Rook
ROtown Sparty
Zapp Brannigan
Gob Bluth
Phil McCrackin
Spartan_MJ
31 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Clash of Clans (iPhone Game) - Page 17 Empty Re: Clash of Clans (iPhone Game)

Post by Rook 2014-07-31, 11:21

Careful Suresnipe or you will make Agoge into a serious war clan like that evil Phalanx  rendeer 
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SURESNIPE 2014-07-31, 11:52

Rook wrote:Careful Suresnipe or you will make Agoge into a serious war clan like that evil Phalanx  rendeer 

Haha yeah our evil brother clan.

It is just funny when someone posts in chat "HEY GUYS remember to pull CC troops first" and then 30 seconds later an attack begins by scattering their attack troops all over and the enemy CC just mow them down one group at a time :(
SURESNIPE
SURESNIPE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-07-31, 12:27

Sure snipe is right though. Even though agoge is more laid back we still win wars and we win by doing smart attacks. This war right now is easily one of the sloppiest we have had based off not pulling cc troops.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-31, 13:47

Rook wrote:Careful Suresnipe or you will make Agoge into a serious war clan like that evil Phalanx  rendeer 

I mean... they're not logging onto another forum and checking a spreadsheet for permission before every attack, or kicking people out based on war performance, but Agoge seems to take war pretty seriously none the less. Wink 

I think the issue is more that people don't know or aren't aware of how to properly pull out CC troops. Some are running attacks like they would when farming, and forgetting that they're likely to encounter high level CC troops. That, or they figure since they have a handful of donated hogs they can just plop them down and they'll mow anything over. We had several attacks that were quickly roasted by CC wizards or a dragon with no attempt to isolate those troops.

People will learn, and that is part of the fun of the game.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-07-31, 14:10

Just giving a hard time and fanning the flames.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SURESNIPE 2014-07-31, 14:16

Phil McCrackin wrote:

For sure. That is why I just blow up the in game chat for help before my war attacks haha.
SURESNIPE
SURESNIPE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-31, 15:08

Rook wrote:Just giving a hard time and fanning the flames.  

Honestly, are you guys still doing the spreadsheet thing with assigned times? I'd like to come back to Phalanx for some warring, but that combined with the back-to-back warring is a level of commitment I am not ready for.

The matchups are really fun with Agoge. The last two wars I've been in the high/mid 20's in our clan, so I can just show up an hour or to after war starts and have my choice of 10-15 different bases and no worries about stealing someone's target. My only complaint is that between wars Agoge is dead. Hardly any chatting and donating is slow.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SURESNIPE 2014-07-31, 15:16

Phil McCrackin wrote:

Honestly, are you guys still doing the spreadsheet thing with assigned times? I'd like to come back to Phalanx for some warring, but that combined with the back-to-back warring is a level of commitment I am not ready for.

The matchups are really fun with Agoge. The last two wars I've been in the high/mid 20's in our clan, so I can just show up an hour or to after war starts and have my choice of 10-15 different bases and no worries about stealing someone's target. My only complaint is that between wars Agoge is dead. Hardly any chatting and donating is slow.

Yeah we are definitely quieter during normal work times and in between wars. I feel like donations always come though quickly but then again I haven't been in phalanx or anything to see the hardcore active people.
SURESNIPE
SURESNIPE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-07-31, 15:17

Phil McCrackin wrote:

I mean... they're not logging onto another forum and checking a spreadsheet for permission before every attack, or kicking people out based on war performance, but Agoge seems to take war pretty seriously none the less. Wink 

I think the issue is more that people don't know or aren't aware of how to properly pull out CC troops. Some are running attacks like they would when farming, and forgetting that they're likely to encounter high level CC troops. That, or they figure since they have a handful of donated hogs they can just plop them down and they'll mow anything over. We had several attacks that were quickly roasted by CC wizards or a dragon with no attempt to isolate those troops.

Phalanx; it's not a war it's and adventure.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-31, 15:19

SURESNIPE wrote:

Yeah we are definitely quieter during normal work times and in between wars. I feel like donations always come though quickly but then again I haven't been in phalanx or anything to see the hardcore active people.

I should have said relatively slow. A donation request rarely lasts more than 30 seconds on Phalanx.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-07-31, 15:24

Phil McCrackin wrote:

Yeah I kind of like it at Meletao for the same reason. At Phalanx I was lower and by the time I was able to attack there was really nothing left. Here I'm #6 and actually feel like I'm contributing.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan_MJ 2014-07-31, 15:26

Phil,

You coming back for the Friday war?  Snipes you should give it a whirl -- good to cross-pollinate.   Phalanx might be a bit more 'hard core' but we are still a good crew of Spartans!  Think Goomba is joining Friday -- should be fun!  Plus as the resident Spartan 'godfather' of CoC it is always a great learning experience when he joins!

Go Green!
MJ
Spartan_MJ
Spartan_MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-07-31, 15:32

yes we still use the dibs sheet. BUT, you don't need to access it yourself. Its basically no different than calling dibs as we always have, but instead of constantly having me, or Tru, or Nielse retype out who called what we started a spreadsheet. many just show up, say "what's open" and one of us look and tell you. The point being that when you do show up you have a target.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-31, 16:09

Spartan_MJ wrote:Phil,

You coming back for the Friday war?  Snipes you should give it a whirl -- good to cross-pollinate.   Phalanx might be a bit more 'hard core' but we are still a good crew of Spartans!  Think Goomba is joining Friday -- should be fun!  Plus as the resident Spartan 'godfather' of CoC it is always a great learning experience when he joins!

Go Green!
MJ
I will come back for a weekend war. I will jump over after the current Agoge war ends.
Would be fun to get in a 50v50 war again.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-31, 16:11

Rook wrote:yes we still use the dibs sheet.  BUT, you don't need to access it yourself.  Its basically no different than calling dibs as we always have, but instead of constantly having me, or Tru, or Nielse retype out who called what we started a spreadsheet.  many just show up, say "what's open" and one of us look and tell you.  The point being that when you do show up you have a target.

I'm just giving you a hard time about it. I know it makes sense and keeps it easier to keep track of dibs. I guess my bitch is more with the whole "dibs" thing to begin with, than the spreadsheet itself.

I live in Chicago and hate the parking spot dibs in winter too. Clash of Clans (iPhone Game) - Page 17 502811600
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SURESNIPE 2014-07-31, 16:14

ROtown Sparty wrote:
Yeah I kind of like it at Meletao for the same reason.  At Phalanx I was lower and by the time I was able to attack there was really nothing left.  Here I'm #6 and actually feel like I'm contributing.  

I really like how Meletao is so far with my nooby new second account. I feel bad in the current war because i'm a new town hall 4 and their lowest guy is a town hall 6. My miniature 70 man army didn't do a thing.
SURESNIPE
SURESNIPE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-07-31, 16:23

Paging Sparty to Agoge... we need some member clean up
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-07-31, 17:05

Phil, we can skip the dibs, like we used to eons ago. Of course then you must be on right at the start or the bottom 20 will all be three starred. We certainly could try again for a war to see what peeps prefer.

Nordic...what's up? got some bad apples behaving badly?
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-31, 18:05

Rook wrote:Phil, we can skip the dibs, like we used to eons ago.  Of course then you must be on right at the start or the bottom 20 will all be three starred.  We certainly could try again for a war to see what peeps prefer.

Nordic...what's up?  got some bad apples behaving badly?

I did prefer the old days of Spring 2014 where it was survival of the fastest at the bottom. I used to boost my barracks/spells every war just so I could get two attacks in before you fuckers 3 starred everything in sight.
I think all you've really done with the spreadsheet is create a scenario where the bottom 10 have to be on in the first hour of war prep to call dibs or they get left out, rather than being on in the first hour of war to attack as ready. I also don't really understand people outside the bottom 10 calling advanced dibs at all. Isn't the whole point of our war strategy that those guys wait an hour and see what happens, then drop down and clean up as needed?

Seriously though, you don't need to change things for me. I realize I'm the only one really bitching about it so I'll just shut up and either do it, or log on and ask who is available and be content with that.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-07-31, 18:15

What clan should I join?
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by roedel 2014-07-31, 19:15

Spartan_MJ wrote:Phil,

You coming back for the Friday war?  Snipes you should give it a whirl -- good to cross-pollinate.   Phalanx might be a bit more 'hard core' but we are still a good crew of Spartans!  Think Goomba is joining

Friday -- should be fun!  Plus as the resident Spartan 'godfather' of CoC it is always a great learning experience when he joins!

Go Green!
MJ

I'll definitely be over on Friday. Our current war finishes around 11 tonite and ill pop in Friday around lunch if there is room. Looking forward to it. Should be fun!
roedel
roedel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-07-31, 19:17

Rook wrote:Phil, we can skip the dibs, like we used to eons ago.  Of course then you must be on right at the start or the bottom 20 will all be three starred.  We certainly could try again for a war to see what peeps prefer.

Nordic...what's up?  got some bad apples behaving badly?

No. I mistook a new guy for one of co-leaders. Names are almost identical. I assumed he was coming back for visiting you guys. I accepted and promoted him to co- leader and couldn't undo it. Mild panic set in as we are in the middle of a war.

All good now though.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-07-31, 19:17

Still expecting 3 Goomba?
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-07-31, 19:20

Tyler Durden wrote:What clan should I join?

Try Spartan Meleto for first time warring. Then Move to Spartan Agoge or Phalanx. Spartan Kleros if you don't want to war.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by roedel 2014-08-01, 06:52

Rook wrote:Still expecting 3 Goomba?

Rusty already in. Just me coming as far as i know.
roedel
roedel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan_MJ 2014-08-01, 07:01

Tyler,

Join Phalanx! We have room. Just mention tSwill or throw a "go green" in your request. What's your clan name?

Spartan_MJ
Spartan_MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SURESNIPE 2014-08-01, 11:27

I have to re-do my th7 base layout soon now that I am getting some of the upgrades done. I hate re-doing bases. Anyone have a recommended th7 layout they liked? Ideally a farming base for my actual base and a war base for wars
SURESNIPE
SURESNIPE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-08-01, 13:56

SURESNIPE wrote:I have to re-do my th7 base layout soon now that I am getting some of the upgrades done. I hate re-doing bases. Anyone have a recommended th7 layout they liked? Ideally a farming base for my actual base and a war base for wars

Same question, but insert th8.
I googled a few, but haven't found anything I really like yet.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SURESNIPE 2014-08-01, 14:17

Phil McCrackin wrote:

Same question, but insert th8.
I googled a few, but haven't found anything I really like yet.

Did you find your th7 base from the googles? Did your th7 base work out pretty well for you or no?
SURESNIPE
SURESNIPE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-01, 15:02

For farming, I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about. Stick the TH in a corner away from everything. Wall up your resources/defenses and let people take out your TH.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-08-01, 15:27

SURESNIPE wrote:

Did you find your th7 base from the googles? Did your th7 base work out pretty well for you or no?

My TH7 base was a carbon copy of Mac/Cerulian's TH7 base from Heavy Armor.
I might just go over to that clan and copy someone's TH8 base since those guys really know their shit.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-08-02, 11:21

i started a thread on the clan forums with some pictures of TH8 setups. Look there and if you find other cool bases, add links or pictures.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-09-02, 11:38

Current Score in Spartan Phalanx: 150 - 19. 30 attacks left before looting started. Beatdown on a Philly Eagles clan.

Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-02-01, 11:19

So.... I've been banned for 2 days. Am I assuming one of you got the whole clan banned?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2015-02-01, 11:53

StylesGShmooth wrote:So.... I've been banned for 2 days. Am I assuming one of you got the whole clan banned?

Deez - extensive info posted on the other site.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-02-01, 12:02

Yeah, I checked tRCMB and spartancoc.

Guess I'll go boom the beach
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-07-09, 19:25

Someone needs to opt me out of the next several wars.

i've been banned for 7 days for having an offensive username. Deez Nutz, the username i've had for the entire year and a half I've been playing the game. Think this might just make me call it quits, dont know.?

Shh... Let It Happen might want to change his.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2015-07-09, 19:31

StylesGShmooth wrote:Someone needs to opt me out of the next several wars.

i've been banned for 7 days for having an offensive username. Deez Nutz, the username i've had for the entire year and a half I've been playing the game. Think this might just make me call it quits, dont know.?

Shh... Let It Happen might want to change his.

There are currently more than 50 clans with the same name. Arbitrary and capricious banning.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17