Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about culling the herd

+39
Green Note
CORNER BLITZ
Big Ten Referee
steveschneider
xsanguine
y2kMgrad
Gomer
The Pantry
Rod Porkmore
HT
Code_Warrior
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Rodeo Burger
I.B. Fine
Toe
Tim Wakefield
Wally Fairway
goodbar
tTito
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
ancientspartan
Cym Jim
Floyd Robertson
Snake Plissken
Stoops21
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
LoneWolfSparty
AMwood
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Ass Dan
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
43 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's talk about culling the herd

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 14:55

InTenSity wrote:
What if you mix Nigel's idea and other idea's? Maybe the Geronte that are taken off Geronte status were just given a different status. If that person decides to return and start to participate, after 2 weeks or so they are just instantly reinstated? Call them Hypnos (God of Sleep) or something like that.

25 Super Gerontes only get to vote and we'll elect them using the playoff committee's format for doing their Top 25.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's talk about culling the herd

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-05, 14:55

Turtleneck wrote:Can  we get uniforms?

You mean kits.

I already made shirts.

Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 Swilld10
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-12-05, 14:56

InTenSity wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

This is another option.  

I'm kind of torn because the whole idea of this site was to provide an inclusive place for the existing community to go and participate so demoting doesn't seem to be in line with that philosophy.  On the other hand, it doesn't really make being a voting member mean anything if 95% of the posters are voters.

That said, this site has always been an experiment and should be allowed to evolve away from its roots if that is the direction it naturally takes.
What if you mix Nigel's idea and other idea's? Maybe the Geronte that are taken off Geronte status were just given a different status. If that person decides to return and start to participate, after 2 weeks or so they are just instantly reinstated? Call them Hypnos (God of Sleep) or something like that.

Geronte Emeritus? Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 2599972566

If we did something like this we could probably bring the criteria down to 30 or 60 days & re-evaluate every 30 or 60 days for auto promotion/demotion. I'd have to look into the level of effort required to maintain something like that because it wouldn't be automated.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-05, 15:08

When do we go go war against the Athenians?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-05, 15:09

When do we go go war against the Athenians?

As far as I'm concerned, there was never peace with the Athenians!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-05, 15:13

I just want uniforms and war. Is that to much to ask?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-05, 15:15

Heat Miser wrote:

Geronte Emeritus? Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 2599972566

If we did something like this we could probably bring the criteria down to 30 or 60 days & re-evaluate every 30 or 60 days for auto promotion/demotion. I'd have to look into the level of effort required to maintain something like that because it wouldn't be automated.

Sounds like a lot of work and could only be done while drinking. Maybe just drop the slackers like the original idea. Do we really owe them anything?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-05, 15:17

InTenSity wrote:
I think only coming over here to stir up shit and then go back to another board and talk about how shitty this place is, is unethical. I also think that perma banning people from boards because they stop paying is unethical.
I would agree that the opposite is also true. Don't go post over there and then come over here and do nothing but post about how crappy it is over there. Why can't this just be another message board?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-05, 15:20

Snake Plissken wrote:I would agree that the opposite is also true. Don't go post over there and then come over here and do nothing but post about how crappy it is over there. Why can't this just be another message board?

Shove it in your out door.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-05, 15:21

Snake Plissken wrote:
I would agree that the opposite is also true. Don't go post over there and then come over here and do nothing but post about how crappy it is over there. Why can't this just be another message board?
I don't see the opposite happening too much over here. Not anymore. It will be interesting when 247 fucks everything up again and people come over here to bitch about it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-05, 15:22

Heat Miser wrote:Bob will enjoy the fact that nedgo would be in the 90 day "demotion" crowd.
nah, that's not my style.. I prefer treating people with respect....

if people don't post, though, it simply makes sense to reconsider their status at the best MSU message board there is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-12-05, 15:28

Rocinante wrote:

You mean kits.

I already made shirts.

Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 Swilld10

Let's talk about culling the herd - Page 3 502811600
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-05, 15:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:nah, that's not my style.. I prefer treating people with respect....

if people don't post, though, it simply makes sense to reconsider their status at the best MSU message board there is.

I just wish this place also charged for daily articles that misspell Dantonio's name or tell us what somebody just tweeted.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-05, 15:32

Turtleneck wrote:

I just wish this place also charged for daily articles that misspell Dantonio's name or tell us what somebody just tweeted.
yeah - while I don't understand it, I've always said that, in relation to a certain other MSU board, they have every right to financially take advantage of the naive and gullible...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-05, 15:33

Turtleneck wrote:

I can do that for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-05, 15:34

Snake Plissken wrote:
This is the first 7 pages:

7 threads in a 4 or 5 week period? That doesn't seem like that many, especially compared to when the board started. But over here we're allowed to talk about whatever we want, even other message boards. We don't lock threads or stifle people's complaints in an overbearing fashion.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-12-05, 15:41

Are Super Geronitees gonna think they're better than everyone else?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 15:43

InTenSity wrote:
7 threads in a 4 or 5 week period? That doesn't seem like that many, especially compared to when the board started. But over here we're allowed to talk about whatever we want, even other message boards. We don't lock threads or stifle people's complaints in an overbearing fashion.

I think he's got you there Snake.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-05, 15:46

NigelUno wrote:

I think he's got you there Snake.
Yeah god damn it
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-05, 15:47

InTenSity wrote:
your support for freedom of thought and speech makes you a great American and a damn fine Spartan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-12-05, 15:49

can someone remind me what was the point of being elected or appointed as Geronte?

how many posters here are not one of these? because it looks, from this thread that most are already a degenerate, or they are an (mother) Eff'r (did I spell that right)

seriously - was it supposed to matter somehow????

if it was really important, and asking this gets me in trouble . . . . well then I'm asking for a friend
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 15:51

I think we should probably vote on it.

I crack myself up sometimes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-05, 15:51

Wally Fairway wrote:can someone remind me what was the point of being elected or appointed as Geronte?

how many posters here are not one of these? because it looks, from this thread that most are already a degenerate, or they are an (mother) Eff'r (did I spell that right)

if it was really important, and asking this gets me in trouble . . . . well then I'm asking for a friend
unlike other places, you're welcome to ask anything at tSwill..

oh, and I don't know what the meaning of it is.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2014-12-05, 15:51

I want to be a Geronto
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2014-12-05, 15:52

Geronte
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 15:52

SeeRock -

Remove Wally for being a smart ass.

Thanks
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-05, 15:53

Cull. Cull! I want some action, dammit. Cull!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 15:54

Tim Wakefield wrote:I want to be a Geronto

Any new Geronte can only be elected by first removing a worthless non posting Geronto.

I think that's in the charter somewhere.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 15:55

I'll be gone for awhile. Don't do anything until I get back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-05, 15:55

NigelUno wrote:

I think Bob would enjoy it more if nedgo posted here.

I think Bob enjoys it more to pleasure himself rectally.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-05, 15:55

The charter is just a piece of paper
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-12-05, 15:58

Turtleneck wrote:The charter is just a piece of paper

tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-12-05, 15:59

Wally Fairway wrote:can someone remind me what was the point of being elected or appointed as Geronte?

Just means you can vote. Problem is the voting rules and lack of voter participation will prevent pretty much everything from passing. There is a mechanism to deal with this, but it doesn't kick in until April. This thread is suggesting we change the criteria & timetable.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-12-05, 15:59

do we need to do stuff if we're super gerontees? like, outside of just posting on the internet while we're at work?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2014-12-05, 16:01

NigelUno wrote:

Any new Geronte can only be elected by first removing a worthless non posting Geronto.

I think that's in the charter somewhere.
Tim Wakefield wrote:Geronte

Bump
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-05, 16:03

goodbar wrote:do we need to do stuff if we're super gerontees? like, outside of just posting on the internet while we're at work?

We all have to grow matching beards and carry canes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-05, 16:03

goodbar wrote:do we need to do stuff if we're super gerontees? like, outside of just posting on the internet while we're at work?

Posting from the toilet probably gets you some bonus points.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next