Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-19, 17:39

The Punisher got cancelled. 1st season was ok. Haven't watched the 2nd season but I heard it was pretty bad.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Clarett's Folly 2019-02-19, 19:21

InTenSity wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I'm watching this with my ten year-old daughter and she loves it. I guess that means I'm committed for the long haul.
Is it appropriate for an 11 year old?

Some swearing and drug use two episodes in. Nothing too over the top though. Violence and some gore but not too bad. I let my daughter watch Inglorious Basterds, though, so your mileage may vary.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-19, 19:35

Clarett's Folly wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Some swearing and drug use two episodes in. Nothing too over the top though. Violence and some gore but not too bad. I let my daughter watch Inglorious Basterds, though, so your mileage may vary.
My daughter turns 7. She can't wait for November 2. That is when frozen 2 comes out.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-19, 21:09

tTito wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like 1 and 1/2 into "The Umbrella Academy"... Ok so far. Socks aren't knocked off or anything, but a descent waste of time.

You should try an ascent to more entertaining media.
When you run out of options you watch everything... Name something I haven't seen.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-20, 18:25

Saw 7 Days Out on Netflix 5 or six shows

Featured what goes on 7 days to the Kentucky Derby, a NYC restaurant opening, a V Sports championship.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 18:51

InTenSity wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I'm watching this with my ten year-old daughter and she loves it. I guess that means I'm committed for the long haul.

Since when do you have an 11 year old? Did your girl hyper age or something?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-20, 19:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I thought Nordic was watching with an 11 year old. The preview didn't make it seem that appropriate, but what do I know.
No, my daughter is excited for frozen 2.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 19:18

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I thought Nordic was watching with an 11 year old. The preview didn't make it seem that appropriate, but what do I know.
No, my daughter is excited for frozen 2.

Liam Neeson is supposed to be really good in it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 20:15

3rd season of the expanse is on Smamazon.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-20, 20:19

Rocinante wrote:3rd season of the expanse is on Smamazon.
so, started... got like 4 episodes into season 1. Wasn't enthralled. Need a reason to continue.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 21:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Rocinante wrote:3rd season of the expanse is on Smamazon.
so, started... got like 4 episodes into season 1. Wasn't enthralled. Need a reason to continue.

Once all the explanation about what the different factions are all about is done, it gets much better. More character exploration. That’s interesting because I think I watched 1 episode and the detective in the hat I just couldn’t. But he actually becomes a pretty awesome character too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-21, 11:49

Anyone watch that One Strange Rock series? Pretty informative stuff. The one topic that kind of freaked me out was the astronauts discussing getting zapped by passing radiation. They can be sitting there with their eyes closed and their field of vision lights up as their optical nerves are hit by passing radiation.

That. Is. Fucked. Up. Shocked
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-21, 22:51

I watched a couple of movies on Netflix. Both were interesting and somewhat entertaining but neither was very good.

Brooklyn's Finest. Decent cast if it were 2002: Ethan Hawk, Don Cheadle, Wesley Snipes, Richard Gere. Some interesting story arcs but the intersection and end was terrible.

Kill the Irishman. I might have mentioned this a page back, I don't even remember. Cleveland organized crime/Union scene in the 70's and a real life interesting mobster named Danny Green. Pretty sure he posts from the same IP as IB Fine, The Dude, and Code Warrior.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-02-22, 16:45

Trying to make it through Umbrella Academy.  Man does it start off slow.   Gonna watch Abducted In Plain Sight next.

Tales from the Tour Bus, avaialable On Demand on Starz I think was fucking amazing.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-22, 16:53

Watched the first 3 episodes of I am the Night with Chris Pine and India Eisley. So far, so good. Plus, Eisley is a blue eyed brunette, my kryptonite. Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 361471007
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-22, 17:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I watched a couple of movies on Netflix. Both were interesting and somewhat entertaining but neither was very good.

Brooklyn's Finest. Decent cast if it were 2002: Ethan Hawk, Don Cheadle, Wesley Snipes, Richard Gere. Some interesting story arcs but the intersection and end was terrible.

Kill the Irishman. I might have mentioned this a page back, I don't even remember. Cleveland organized crime/Union scene in the 70's and a real life interesting mobster named Danny Green. Pretty sure he posts from the same IP as IB Fine, The Dude, and Code Warrior.

Kill the Irishman was decent probably because I'm familiar with the story, but like most fact based movies, a lot of liberties were taken. The 'mob' was pretty strong in Cleveland back then and by all accounts, Danny was a bad mofo.
I live about 15-20 minutes from the restaurant parking lot Danny was blown up in.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-22, 17:55

I.B. Fine wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I watched a couple of movies on Netflix. Both were interesting and somewhat entertaining but neither was very good.

Kill the Irishman was decent probably because I'm familiar with the story, but like most fact based movies, a lot of liberties were taken. The 'mob' was pretty strong in Cleveland back then and by all accounts, Danny was a bad mofo.
I live about 15-20 minutes from the restaurant parking lot Danny was blown up in.

Yeah, I definitely did some googling to read up on it. Lots of reaches.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-22, 18:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Yeah, I definitely did some googling to read up on it. Lots of reaches.

I once knew Shondor Birns widow, she was a real sweetheart.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-04, 20:08

I'm a few episodes into "Black Earth Rising" on the Netflix and it's pretty entertaining. Sometimes hard to follow if you don't give it your whole attention though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-04, 20:45

Anyone watch Free Solo on NatGeo? Shocked

That dude is obviously wired different than you or I.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-04, 21:05

Nordic wrote:Anyone watch Free Solo on NatGeo? Shocked

Climber dude??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-04, 21:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Nordic wrote:Anyone watch Free Solo on NatGeo? Shocked

Climber dude??

Yeah. Climbed some redic cliff in Yosemite without ropes. Which no one has every done. Really good documentary about him and the camera crew and the stress they went through.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-06, 09:56

Anyone see this Michael Jackson doc on HBO yet? Some one brought it up yesterday and it sparked a big conversation that really got me thinking. I hear it's really well done but I don't think I can watch it. I read they had therapists on hand for viewers at the first screening.

I guess my take at the time when it all went down I thought he was guilty but I also thought the parents were stupid as fuck letting their parents be around him. At this point in time though I also have similar thoughts to the Adrienne Payne and Appling story. It's been investigated, run through the system and whether you agree with the outcome or not they were found innocent. These are also ALLEGATIONS which I think gets lost in stories like these. Not sure how I feel about rehashing allegations that occurred years ago and bringing it out in the court of public opinion again where these people are presented as guilty. Seems like there should be closure at a certain point. On the other hand I think these victims had a terrible experience and they should be heard and listened to. It's a huge issue and it's a big part of our time and people are doing their best to get rid of abuse and sexual assault. I don't know...maybe I'll give it a watch.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2019-03-06, 10:15; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-06, 10:01

Nordic wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Climber dude??

Yeah. Climbed some redic cliff in Yosemite without ropes. Which no one has every done. Really good documentary about him and the camera crew and the stress they went through.

Watched it. Solid. I was a bit anxious throughout the film lol
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-06, 11:34

Rocinante wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:so, started... got like 4 episodes into season 1. Wasn't enthralled. Need a reason to continue.

Once all the explanation about what the different factions are all about is done, it gets much better. More character exploration. That’s interesting because I think I watched 1 episode and the detective in the hat I just couldn’t. But he actually becomes a pretty awesome character too.
I'm watching it (beginning of season 2, is getting intriguing) and HEY... your screen name is the ship... so now I know.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-08, 18:35

I was Rocinante before this show ever existed. I also never read the books. It's about Don Quixote. It was his horse.

So I have a mixed relationship with this show Tin Star on Amazon. It's got Tim Roth, who is just mesmerizing in it. It also has some great character actors in supporting roles. Basically the cast is freaking golden. But the premise of the show is that Roth's character is a recovering addict that has moved to Canada to be a small town cop and to run from his past with his family. It starts with a bang, has some slow build up in the first two episodes, then takes off and is REALLY GOOD, except for one thing. When Roth's character falls off the wagon, he becomes like this fucking killing machine super hero who can't be stopped, and then HE DOESN'T REMEMBER ANY OF IT WHEN HE SOBERS UP. It's like the Hulk, but with whiskey instead of gamma rays.

In the end, I think it's worth it just for the amazing actors and their mostly really great performances, even with this weird premise. Anyway, season two just came out on Amazon.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-03-08, 18:51

The End of the F###ing World on Netflix. Slow but engaging.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-10, 18:16

"The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind" (Netflix) is good but I'm really glad season 2 of "Tin Star" (Prime) is out now because it's so effed up.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-11, 11:43

Watched the first episode of the Case Against Adnan Syed last night. I must have missed it but the woman trying to overturn the conviction must be a family member. She sure knows the guy and his family well enough.

Anyway it looks like they're trying to pin this murder on the girl's new boyfriend at the time of the murder, the guy that found the body, or the "mystery black guy" that they really didn't talk about much in the first episode. Interesting enough to keep watching but I'm guessing Adnan killed her.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-03-11, 12:30

My son recommended the series on Netflix titled Murder Mountain. He was doing some work in that area of California and said it's pretty much spot on, not an area of the country that you want to just wander around.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-03-11, 19:20

Jake from State Farm wrote:My son recommended the series on Netflix titled Murder Mountain. He was doing some work in that area of California and said it's pretty much spot on, not an area of the country that you want to just wander around.

I watched it, all of it, on Saturday. I thought is was well done.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-13, 10:56

Wasn't sure if I should put this in the recycling thread where OTPT recommended it but I'll just put it here.

Watched the Netflix movie on Minimalism. True story - at the end of the film my wife asked me what I thought of it and her question coincided with the exact moment my stomach had a cramp from gas. Sensing a good comedic moment I let one rip and she died laughing.  

At any rate, I thought the overall message was pretty good and the parts about the environment resonated with me. Given the discussion about recycling and reducing use I can see why you recommended it.

I did have some issues with the film. It was VERY Portlandia to me and having been to Williamsburg several times it reminded me a lot of the white hipsters I encountered often. In fact the doc had several pick-up shots in the Lorimer station so there you go. I felt like the two guys gave up their craving for stuff and replaced it with a new craving which is for crowds/attention. I used to have friends in Williamsburg that would do these cleansing diets often. The old joke was how can you tell if someone is on a cleansing diet? They are going to tell everyone they know about it. My take then and now is most of these people into these radical new concepts are in it for the attention and for showing off. Sorry to go off on a tangent...but my other issue has to do with that term Christopher Columbusing - When white people claim they have invented/discovered something that has been around for years, decades, even centuries.

Living in a tiny home, not owning anything and not having a job aren't exactly new. For a very long time, people living below the poverty line have been living the exact same lifestyle as these hipsters are selling as something new and as an elevated way of living.

One other thought, I've lived in NYC long enough to meet enough writers, documentary film makers, artists and people doing very interesting shit where I'm like that's wonderful but in the back of my mind is always the question 'where are they getting money?'. I've developed a good trust fund radar in my time. You find out often these people doing this type of stuff their parents are surgeons, or an exec at credit suisse and so on.

TL:DR The PROS I liked the over all message and there was some pretty compelling moments. The negatives my BS alert system was going off a lot.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-13, 11:02

Steve, I don't think they ever claimed the idea behind minimalism was new. Or  even claimed to not have a job. Without them "showing off" or spreading the message via the book, there isn't really the documentary in the first place, for you to be talking about it. (So, it's working.)

Odd take, but you're not the first one to assume too many things from it - after talking to people/friends about it. Could be the discomfort around the idea.

On this same subject, I heard this was a solid read - nothing groundbreaking but: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Minimalism-Choosing-Focused-Noisy/dp/0525536515
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-13, 11:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve, I don't think they ever claimed the idea behind minimalism was new. Or to not have a job. Without them "showing off" or spreading the message via the book, there isn't really the documentary in the first place, for you to be talking about it. (So, it's working.)

Odd take, but you're not the first one to assume too many things from it - after talking to people/friends about it. Could be the discomfort around the idea.

What did others say about it in your conversation? To be honest I've already been exposed to a lot of the ideas. We watched the tiny home show on HGTV.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-27, 19:42

Streamed a bunch of shit this weekend on mancation. The only notable was The Dirt about Motley Crue. Definitely a high cheese factor, but highly entertaining. The less sober the better.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-27, 19:57

Nordic wrote:Streamed a bunch of shit this weekend on mancation. The only notable was The Dirt about Motley Crue. Definitely a high cheese factor, but highly entertaining. The less sober the better.

I loved that movie. Watched it last Friday. If you haven’t read it yet the book is a 10 and blows away that movie.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-03-27, 20:53

Netflix One Strange Rock is nature geek stuff based on looking at earth from outer space with a US astronaut's input

Everything below is on Netflix

Cricket Fever follows the Mumbai Indians professional cricket club  serious stuff in India.

Grand Prix  follows teams and drivers in the 2018 season.  

If you are interested in soccer (football to the rest of the work) Netflix has 3

All or Nothing.  A season with Manchester City in the Premier League

Sunderland 'Til I Die  A season with Sunderland a team much different than Man City  (Netflix is having a second season with Sunderland)

First Team: Juventus  Series A Italian League
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-27, 21:51

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:Streamed a bunch of shit this weekend on mancation. The only notable was The Dirt about Motley Crue. Definitely a high cheese factor, but highly entertaining. The less sober the better.

I loved that movie. Watched it last Friday. If you haven’t read it yet the book is a 10 and blows away that movie.

The only disappointment was it was movie and not a series. They have plenty of material and I wanted to keep watching.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-27, 23:16

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The only disappointment was it was movie and not a series. They have plenty of material and I wanted to keep watching.

Yeah, they left out the egg burrito stuff, the filthy contest and the Pam anderson sex tape. Maybe there will be a sequel. The book had a profound impact on me. Made me laugh and made me cry.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-28, 14:28

Watched The Dirt last night. Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 3493939353 Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 3493939353 Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 3493939353 Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 3493939353

I'm a big metal guy, though you'd never know it by looking at me (at any point in my life, other than wearing metal t-shirts in school, I've always been clean cut). But Motley Crue was the first metal band I ever listened to. Shout at the Devil was the first album I heard, and then their debut album, Too Fast For Love was the first one that I ever bought on my own. I wasn't a fan of much that they did after those two, but for popping my metal cherry, they hold a special place, and I loved a lot of the music in this.

As a cinematic piece, it's not like it's Oscar worthy, but it was fun. I knew I made the right choice in not making my daughter watch it when the opening scene has Tommy Lee eating a girl out until she sprays everywhere in the middle of a big party. Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 15 502811600 Kind of a downer when they're all in the dumps, but the happy partying was good fun. I never wanted anything like the lifestyle for myself, but enjoy watching others partake. The Ozzy scene was awesome.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next