Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood

+5
xsanguine
The Pantry
Ass Dan
Rocinante
Green Note
9 posters

Go down

West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood Empty West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood

Post by Green Note Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:30 pm

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/18/west-harlem-residents-are-fed-up-with-aggressive-raccoons-terrorizing-neighborhood/

Beavers causing global warming, now coons breaking into Harlem homes.

West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood 4198636888
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood Empty Re: West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood

Post by Rocinante Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Green Note wrote:http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/18/west-harlem-residents-are-fed-up-with-aggressive-raccoons-terrorizing-neighborhood/

West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood 4198636888

Really...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood Empty Re: West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood

Post by Ass Dan Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Paging the_dude.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Ass Dan wrote:Paging the_dude.
"Those coons should be shot"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 pm

The Pantry wrote:"Those coons should be shot"

"Those god damned black -and white- animals!!!!"
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:02 am

The biggest raccoon I've ever seen in my life was one block from my current house in Brooklyn. Corner of Stockholm and Irving...

And I've camped at Ludington state park throughout the 90's... those things are legendary. But this Brooklyn coon was a horse of another color....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:38 am

xsanguine wrote:The biggest raccoon I've ever seen in my life was one block from my current house in Brooklyn. Corner of Stockholm and Irving...

And I've camped at Ludington state park throughout the 90's... those things are legendary. But this Brooklyn coon was a horse of another color....
The raccoons at Ludington are pussies compared to the ones at Pinery Provincial Park in Ontario. Real bold bunch. Had a group of them line up on an overhead branch while I was prepping shrimp for the grill in the twilight. They destroyed the campsite across the road later that night...maybe because the campers went off to a bar and I threw the shrimp shells on their site to get the fucking raccoons off our site.

Always put something heavy on cooler lids or they would pry them off and jump in, even if they ended up swimming in ice water with beers. They would walk right up to a campfire if there was a bag of chips around

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:21 am

The Pantry wrote:The raccoons at Ludington are pussies compared to the ones at Pinery Provincial Park in Ontario.  Real bold bunch.  Had a group of them line up on an overhead branch while I was prepping shrimp for the grill in the twilight.  They destroyed the campsite across the road later that night...maybe because the campers went off to a bar and I threw the shrimp shells on their site to get the fucking raccoons off our site.  

Always put something heavy on cooler lids or they would pry them off and jump in, even if they ended up swimming in ice water with beers.  They would walk right up to a campfire if there was a bag of chips around

Never been camping in Ontario... I'm unfamiliar with Canadian Coons.

I just remember they would ascend onto our camper (and every camper) every night... sometimes they'd figure a way into a cooler or two. And they were big.
One time a camper a few spots down left the sunroof in their Escalade open... and apparently had food left in there. The coons figured out how to drop into the vehicle from tree branches but obviously couldn't get out... and apparently a dozen or so got in there. So they were all fighting all night and apparently totaled the vehicle (tore up the seats, blood/guts everywhere). This was probably 15 years ago or so. The vehicle had to be towed away, it was that bad.

But this Brooklyn coon looked like the size of a Shar Pei.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Green Note wrote:http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/18/west-harlem-residents-are-fed-up-with-aggressive-raccoons-terrorizing-neighborhood/

Mama just chase 'em off with a broom.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Mama just chase 'em off with a broom.

Lordy!
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Cym Jim wrote:

Lordy!
Never seen Forrest Gump?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:44 pm

fucking black animals....Wink
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 pm

My son used to have 8 or 10 coons hanging around on his deck every night. He got himself a coonhound, problem solved.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Lived in an apartment one summer at MSU that backed up to a little wooded area with a stream. The dumpster was right there under the trees, and every couple of weeks racoons would crawl up the tree and jump in, before going off to racoon heaven (and by "racoon heaven", I mean the dump, not that they would die). But damn, the first time I heard them in there it scared the shit out of me. Here I am, happily walking the trash out to the dumpster, toss the bag in, and then I just hear this incredibly vicious animal growling, scratching, fighting as the racoons went crazy tearing at the trash and/or each other. Would have thought it was something from the large cat family, not cute, cuddly racoons. Never knew just how crazy they could get.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down