Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Heat Miser Fri 1 May 2015 - 19:51

HT wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:See kids, this is what your future coach does.

I read that Nick Saban did not attend the draft last night.

Who cares about Saban...I'm more curious about Meyer attending the draft. He's our main competition, not Saban, Harbaugh, Franklin or Kelly.

Well, I'm fairly sure that Saban is recruiting some of the same guys we are. So there's that.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Turtleneck Fri 1 May 2015 - 19:56

2016 Battle Creek Central LB/WR says Spartans are his favorite.

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/5466394089180063068/battle-creek-central-3-star-recruit-brandon-randle-drawing-wide-interest-pegs-michigan-state-as-favorite/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 1 May 2015 - 20:47

Heat Miser wrote: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 1550444538

Top 2016 defensive end Josh King visited Michigan State on Tuesday

Refuted by 247. tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 294152859
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sat 2 May 2015 - 0:11

Heat Miser wrote:
HT wrote:

Who cares about Saban...I'm more curious about Meyer attending the draft. He's our main competition, not Saban, Harbaugh, Franklin or Kelly.

Well, I'm fairly sure that Saban is recruiting some of the same guys we are. So there's that.

Way more worried about Meyer. Saban may have offered some of these guys, but even with his resume, he's not really rolling in Midwest recruiting. I guess he might get Kareem, but I don't care if he does if we land King and Robertson.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 2 May 2015 - 0:18

HT wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
HT wrote:

Way more worried about Meyer. Saban may have offered some of these guys, but even with his resume, he's not really rolling in Midwest recruiting. I guess he might get Kareem, but I don't care if he does if we land King and Robertson.

My point is these are not mutually exclusive scenarios. We don't focus on Meyer & ignore everyone else. Pointing out Saban didn't attend the draft (did Meyer tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 2599972566) while Coach D did doesn't imply that Saban is our #1 threat. He is one of many.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 May 2015 - 11:35

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247 37m37 minutes ago

Detroit King Top100 WR Donnie Corley is here in #Spartans gear: http://247sports.com/Board/30/Contents/The-Opening-Regional-Chicago-Primer-37065349#M37096263 …

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 CEFu3bdWMAAndPP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 May 2015 - 12:42

Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 6m6 minutes ago

Talked to some sources here in Chicago that think there are 6-7 future MSU Spartans here ($) http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=175&f=2653&t=13838013 …

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sun 3 May 2015 - 13:04

LooseGoose wrote:Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 6m6 minutes ago

Talked to some sources here in Chicago that think there are 6-7 future MSU Spartans here ($) http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=175&f=2653&t=13838013 …

Any guesses as to who they'd be, or what targets and commits are there? deWeaver is obviously one of them. I'm really hoping we can land Corley, King, and Robertson. Seems like a special class for MSU is possible with the momentum we seem to be having.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sun 3 May 2015 - 13:04

Anyone pay for recruiting information that wants to share? I have to know!
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 3 May 2015 - 13:14

Tim Wakefield wrote:

Yeah. Some coaches, analysists, and other in the know people think a handful of recruits at today's Nike event in Chicago will eventually commit to MSU.

$9.95 please (add two dollars if you want Bob Sak's Morning Recruiting Roundup delivered to your inbox M-F). PM Nigel for payment details.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sun 3 May 2015 - 13:21

Turtleneck wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

Yeah. Some coaches, analysists, and other in the know people think a handful of recruits at today's Nike event in Chicago will eventually commit to MSU.

$9.95 please (add two dollars if you want Bob Sak's Morning Recruiting Roundup delivered to your inbox M-F). PM Nigel for payment details.

Just put it on my tab.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 3 May 2015 - 13:47

HT wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Just put it on my tab.

Can we call you Norm?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sun 3 May 2015 - 14:02

Check is in the mail. Thanks!!
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 3 May 2015 - 14:13

Tim Wakefield wrote:Check is in the mail. Thanks!!

This place has a tiered profit sharing system, so you actually get some money back. Not sure. After Heat and SRC take their cut, revenues from ads and clicks are divided equally among the Co9. What is remaining is passed down to Gerontes based on number of posts and 40 time. You might get a little something. Ever since Bob Sak was added as a staff writer, subscriptions have went through the roof.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 3 May 2015 - 15:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Check is in the mail. Thanks!!

This place has a tiered profit sharing system, so you actually get some money back. Not sure. After Heat and SRC take their cut, revenues from ads and clicks are divided equally among the Co9. What is remaining is passed down to Gerontes based on number of posts and 40 time. You might get a little something. Ever since Bob Sak was added as a staff writer, subscriptions have went through the roof.

I'm part of the Co9, right? I mean, I haven't attended any meetings, but there haven't been any PM's in my inbox, so I'm pretty sure I haven't missed any.....
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 May 2015 - 16:47

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 4m4 minutes ago

At Nike regional camp in Chicago today. MVP at Rivals camp in Cle last week. RT @AllenTrieu MVP - QB Messiah DeWeaver, Michigan State commit

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 May 2015 - 16:49

Same camp as above - in Chicago today.

Just MAC offers so far, wonder if we'll get interested....

Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 8m8 minutes ago
OL MVP - Jake Cerny, Traverse City West
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 May 2015 - 19:55

Mike Wilson ‏@MikeWilson247 12m12 minutes ago

Trent Dilfer told Messiah deWeaver today "You’re going to be special one day.” (via @SWiltfong247) http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Article/Nike-Football-The-Opening-Chicago-Regional-Top-Performers-37101914 …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 3 May 2015 - 19:56

LooseGoose wrote:Mike Wilson ‏@MikeWilson247 12m12 minutes ago

Trent Dilfer told Messiah deWeaver today "You’re going to be special one day.” (via @SWiltfong247) http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Article/Nike-Football-The-Opening-Chicago-Regional-Top-Performers-37101914 …

I like Mike, I really do, but about the time you're quoting an article on a 247 board, well, ..... Maybe it's time to give it up.  tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 502811600
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 4 May 2015 - 7:14

Big Ohio athlete Jonah Morris plans to commit this week, Michigan State among finalists

EAST LANSING —Jonah Morris, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound two-way threat from Akron's Archbishop Hoban, said he's in the final stages of determining which school he'll commit to, and Michigan State is in the picture.

"I had my first offer from Kentucky after our first game last season, but Michigan State has been recruiting me for a while,'' said Morris, who attended the Spartans' home football game against Ohio State last November. "I got my offer a couple of days ago from coach (Mark) Dantonio.''
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 May 2015 - 10:50

Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 11m11 minutes ago

Is Dublin Coffman linebacker Griffin Grady closing in on a Michigan State offer? One of Ohio's top LB prospects. http://michiganstate.scout.com/story/1543733

Dublin Coffman linebacker Griffin Grady is one of the top prospects in Ohio for the class of 2016, and he has put together an impressive offer list to date. Is Michigan State close to offering the three-star recruit?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 May 2015 - 14:11

Mark Dantonio can’t say Messiah deWeaver’s name, but a lot of other people are throwing it around after the Michigan State 2016 quarterback commit’s latest eye-opening performance.

And it’s easy to decipher one of the objects of Dantonio’s reference when he said during a Monday teleconference: “I think there’s (recruiting) traction right now, and a lot of that is based on some of the people who have committed and what they’re doing in terms of trying to gather their class together.”

Ever since deWeaver, a former Michigan commitment from Huber Heights (Ohio) Wayne, picked MSU over Penn State and Mississippi State on April 22, he has been on a stated mission to help bring in more recruits.

He started a surge of five commitments in five days to bring the class to seven. And over the weekend at a Nike regional camp in Chicago, he was in MSU gear and in the ear of receiver Donnie Corley (Detroit King), defensive ends Josh King (Darien, Ill.) and Auston Robertson (Fort Wayne, Ind.), safety Kenney Lyke (Palatine, Ill.) and other prospects.

“We’re all pretty close,” deWeaver said Monday. “It’s looking good for Michigan State right now.”

MSU recruit deWeaver keeps impressing, recruiting
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 4 May 2015 - 14:13

ATH Johah Morris announcing at 5pm today. Coincidence that MSU recently offered?

Jonah Morris Twitter

Are we going for the All-Biblical class of 2016?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 4 May 2015 - 19:20

Cam Chambers seems pretty confidant Morris & Lyke will be green:

Cam Chambers' Twitter
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 May 2015 - 12:10

EAST LANSING — Kenney Lyke, one of Michigan State's top recruiting targets in the 2016 class is getting down to the nitty gritty on his decision and said he plans to make an announcement on May 14.

Lyke, a 6-foot-2, 182-pounder out of Fremd High School in Palatine, Illinois, plays receiver and defensive back, but he said the Spartans are recruiting him primarily as a safety.

Michigan State football recruiting target Kenney Lyke impressed with Spartans' DBs in NFL draft
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 6 May 2015 - 13:59

2017 MSU WR offer KJ Hamler likes the Spartans.

“Speed, quickness and technique are my three big things,” said Hamler, who has also established himself as an explosive returner and defensive back. “I don’t care about my size. You have to have heart, and you have to have a chip on your shoulder every day when you come out and work.”
That work yielded explosive results in the 2014 season, as Hamler caught 38 passes for 773 yards, averaging 20.3 yards per reception. It also drew the attention of college coaches, as offers from Michigan State, Louisville, Cincinnati, Indiana, and most recently, Michigan, all flooded in.
On Sunday, Hamler — a soon-to-be junior at St. Mary’s High School in Orchard Lake, Mich. — listed his favorites as Michigan State, West Virginia and Indiana, though there’s still plenty of time for all of that to change.

http://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/wr-prospect-k-j-hamler-shedding-doubts-with-speed/article_7627bc26-f404-11e4-b985-13d1de656637.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 6 May 2015 - 14:03

Turtleneck wrote:2017 MSU WR offer KJ Hamler likes the Spartans.

“Speed, quickness and technique are my three big things,” said Hamler, who has also established himself as an explosive returner and defensive back. “I don’t care about my size. You have to have heart, and you have to have a chip on your shoulder every day when you come out and work.”
That work yielded explosive results in the 2014 season, as Hamler caught 38 passes for 773 yards, averaging 20.3 yards per reception. It also drew the attention of college coaches, as offers from Michigan State, Louisville, Cincinnati, Indiana, and most recently, Michigan, all flooded in.
On Sunday, Hamler — a soon-to-be junior at St. Mary’s High School in Orchard Lake, Mich. — listed his favorites as Michigan State, West Virginia and Indiana, though there’s still plenty of time for all of that to change.

http://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/wr-prospect-k-j-hamler-shedding-doubts-with-speed/article_7627bc26-f404-11e4-b985-13d1de656637.html

Seems like a perfect fit for the Keyshawn/R.J. role.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 May 2015 - 15:11

Now they might be in the process of helping Mark Dantonio snag one of the nation’s most coveted cornerbacks for the 2016 class, Lavert Hill from Detroit Martin Luther King High. The four-star corner is already committed to James Franklin and the Penn State Nittany Lions, but rumors are circulating that he may be seeing green.

In an exclusive interview with Spartan Avenue‘s Evan Cruse, deWeaver even mentioned Lavert’s name in a list of guys that he believed would be joining him in East Lansing soon. Hill joins Josh King, Donnie Corley, Kenney Lyke, Auston Robertson and Austin Andrews as guys that deWeaver exclusively mentioned on his list.

What does this mean for the class? Well, Lavert would have to make the switch from a popular Penn State option to Michigan State, opening the eyes of other recruits. He would make the fourth four-star recruit in an already-impressive class.

Could Michigan State flip 4-star CB Lavert Hill from Penn State?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 6 May 2015 - 15:45

The 2016 MSU verbals have started their own twitter account @MSUDreamTeam16 to use as a tool to get other guys on board.

I think this says a hell of a lot about where our program is. This isn't one guy out for himself. This is for La Familia Sparta.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 6 May 2015 - 18:07

Breaking down the 2016 class to date.

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1544475-spartans-national-recruiting-class-update?s=73
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Wed 6 May 2015 - 19:40

Be sweet to flip Lavert Hill.  I wonder how good of a shot we have at that.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 6 May 2015 - 20:27

HT wrote:Be sweet to flip Lavert Hill.  I wonder how good of a shot we have at that.

HT, you ever see that QB from Aquinas play? He had MSU on his list but picked PSU last fall. Just curious.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 May 2015 - 7:29

A couple class of 2016 recruits are closing in on making a college decision and the Spartans are in a strong position with them.

Recruiting: Two from Ohio close to saying yes to MSU?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 May 2015 - 10:24

EAST LANSING — Naquan Jones, a four-star defensive tackle from Evanston, Illinois, said he's giving Michigan State consideration, along with other schools, as his recruiting process begins to wind down.

"Coach (Mark) Dantonio talked to me on the phone yesterday (Tuesday),'' Jones said. "He said I was one of the top defensive linemen that are recruiting.''

Dantonio has built a reputation for playing it straight with recruits as well as his players, and Jones said he likes that sort of straight-forward approach.

"Definitely, Michigan State is in the top three, (and) I'm planning on coming back up there soon,'' Jones said. "I'm trying to prioritize to see how the different schools would benefit me.''

Naquan Jones, a dominant 2016 lineman out of Evanston, Illinois, considering Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 May 2015 - 18:31

More heartbreak in AA - 2016 OT Michael Jordan a 60-30 crystal ball lean to UM commits to tOSU. #2 player in Michigan for this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 May 2015 - 21:05

DreamTeam2016 ‏@MSUDreamTeam16 23m23 minutes ago

Congrats to @Siah_10 for receiving and invite to @RivalsCamp 5⭐️ challenge !! The best in the country !! #GoGreen #v4msu
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 May 2015 - 7:19

"I just like the coaches," Robertson said in the story, referring to Michigan State. "I like the way they coach. I like everything about them, to be honest, from the way that they run practice to how hard they try to build a relationship with the players. In talking to the players, they have only positive things to say about the coaches. Nothing negative.

"They're not regretting anything about the recruiting process and their decisions."

Fort Wayne defensive end Auston Robertson looking at Michigan State, Notre Dame and Ohio State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:12

Recruiting: MSU zeroing in on in-state products
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/05/08/michigan-state-spartans-football-recruiting/70994918/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 May 2015 - 17:43

MagicMan @JoshuaKing_12

I'd like to say thank you to every school that showed interested and took time to recruit me it really means a lot

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 CEg09aHUMAAchNB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 May 2015 - 17:48

The money emoji we are paying players!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next