Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 25 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-28, 15:01

wait, that's Abdul Adams, the kid who was worried he'd be homesick at MSU?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 25 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-28, 15:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:wait, that's Abdul Adams, the kid who was worried he'd be homesick at MSU?

Yes
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-28, 15:04

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:wait, that's Abdul Adams, the kid who was worried he'd be homesick at MSU?

Yes
Isn't that hilarious, then. I wonder if the bag men got to him.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-28, 15:05

SpartanInNH wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Who's Adams?

Some high school student who's going to Oklahoma for college.  That's all I got.   tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 25 2599972566

Abdul Adams. It's all explained in previous posts. Adams is the high school student that recently decommited from MSU because he wanted to play closer to home. He is from DC
and played his senior year at a school in NC.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-28, 15:09

I assume that kid likes cow tipping?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-28, 19:27

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 21m21 minutes ago
Tom VanHaaren Retweeted Mr. Pancake
Michigan State in the final five for #ESPN300 OL E.J. Price. Has ties to the state of Michigan

Mr. Pancake @Ej_Price77
Thankful to everyone who has recruited, I have determined that I will make my decision between these final schools
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-28, 19:27

Wonder how Corley liked AA vs EL today?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-28, 19:27

Turtleneck wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Some high school student who's going to Oklahoma for college.  That's all I got.   tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 25 2599972566

Abdul Adams. It's all explained in previous posts. Adams is the high school student that recently decommited from MSU because he wanted to play closer to home. He is from DC
and played his senior year at a school in NC.

Suspect "Closer to home"???!?!?!??

Oh.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-28, 20:01

LooseGoose wrote:Wonder how Corley liked AA vs EL today?
LooseGoose wrote:Wonder how Corley liked AA vs EL today?

All the ummies thought Corley was there to watch Harbaugh's Heroes.

It could come down to MSU or OSU.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-28, 20:14

Once Adams decided to got to HS in NC for his senior season he went to a whole different orbit.

Ever get a chance, ask Keith Nichol about his experience being recruited by Stoops.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-30, 00:23

Lavert Hill, 4 star CB from DMLK, has decommited from Penn State. Consensus seems to be UM bound. Thanks, Gomer.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/11/four-star_cb_lavert_hill_decom.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-30, 00:48

Jeem is pitching a package deal for Hill and Corley.   But its not like Hill or Corley are flipping from MSU to umaa.  Hill verbaled to PSU awhile back.

Hill may have finally realized State College is one of those "can't get there from here" locations and as LOI day is approaching he might have begun to think Franklin might not be there for his 4-5 years on campus either.

Hill is a talent but if he and Corley end up buying what Harbaugh is selling there its no like MSU/Dantonio and staff have ignored eother of them.  
Dantonio improved recruiting when he added Curtis Blackwell who is very well connected in DPS circles.  

Like my calculus Chinese grad assistant used to say , "What one can do?"
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-30, 03:34

GRR Spartan wrote:Jeem is pitching a package deal for Hill and Corley.   But its not like Hill or Corley are flipping from MSU to umaa.  Hill verbaled to PSU awhile back.

Hill may have finally realized State College is one of those "can't get there from here" locations and as LOI day is approaching he might have begun to think Franklin might not be there for his 4-5 years on campus either.

Hill is a talent but if he and Corley end up buying what Harbaugh is selling there its no like MSU/Dantonio and staff have ignored eother of them.  
Dantonio improved recruiting when he added Curtis Blackwell who is very well connected in DPS circles.  

Is this a Japanese riddle or some kind of proverb?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-30, 08:03

GRR Spartan wrote:Jeem is pitching a package deal for Hill and Corley.   But its not like Hill or Corley are flipping from MSU to umaa.  Hill verbaled to PSU awhile back.

If they buy the snake oil they can join Drake Harris in the new motto. "Those who stay will watch Michigan State play for Championships."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-30, 08:24

It's Chinglish WBH.

Hill's brother is a junior a umaa. Don't think it's coincidental that just before the D2 final recruiting reporters had Corley going to EL to see MSU vs PSU and immediately following the game Corely changed his plans and joined his HS teammate in aa.

Then Sunday evening Hill tweets he committed too early (true). A few hours later he's shown wearing a umaa shirt.

Harbaugh is selling it hard.

Like I said, it's not like either of these players have been ignored by MSU and MSU will always be recruiting some of the same players that umaa does.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-30, 10:52

Worth watching PSA from MSU Football
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-01, 08:32

Michigan State 'Crootin Roundup: LaVert Hill Decommits From Penn State

I'm missing something on all the Daelin Hayes love. The kid has played around 7 HS games since his Freshman year, he can't stay on the field at the HS level why would people think he will at the college level? Seems like another Drake Harris waiting to happen, the difference being that at least in HS Drake Harris put up some big numbers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-01, 11:33

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State 'Crootin Roundup: LaVert Hill Decommits From Penn State

I'm missing something on all the Daelin Hayes love. The kid has played around 7 HS games since his Freshman year, he can't stay on the field at the HS level why would people think he will at the college level? Seems like another Drake Harris waiting to happen, the difference being that at least in HS Drake Harris put up some big numbers.

I share your line of thought. I guess he must have shown a hell of a lot of talent i those seven games
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-01, 18:19

Michigan State ‏@Michigan_State 10m10 minutes ago View translation
4-Star DT Naquan Jones Re-Commits To Michigan State http://bit.ly/21tfJr9 #Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-01, 18:21

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State ‏@Michigan_State 10m10 minutes ago View translation
4-Star DT Naquan Jones Re-Commits To Michigan State http://bit.ly/21tfJr9 #Spartans
wth? Crootin lol.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-01, 18:23

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State ‏@Michigan_State 10m10 minutes ago View translation
wth? Crootin lol.

exactly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-01, 18:25

This is the kid that said he wasn't playing for us after we lost to Nebraska? Now that we're Big ten east champs he's back on board.

Well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-01, 18:28

DWags wrote:

This is the kid that said he wasn't playing for us after we lost to Nebraska? Now that we're Big ten east champs he's back on board.

Well.

This post feels like it needs one of these.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 25 Lipton-tea-city-of-animals
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-01, 18:57

Again?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-01, 20:47

GRR Spartan wrote:

Again?

Evanston DT Naquan Jones re-commits to Michigan State football 2016 class

EAST LANSING -- Naquan Jones, a 6-foot-3, 315-pound defensive tackle from Evanston Township High School in Illinois, has re-committed to Michigan State's 2016 class.

Jones was among three players who re-opened their recruitment after MSU's loss to Nebraska in November so that he could take other college visits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-01, 21:04

So I should remove the strike from his name on the first page?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-01, 21:12

DWags wrote:

Well.

I enjoy keeping up on recruiting, but not nearly as intensely as some. I read what this Jones kid wrote when he re-opened his recruiting, and I interpreted it differently than most others. IMO, he seemed almost apologetic to MSU, and I sensed an unspoken message suggesting there were others (meaning family) pressing him to look at other schools before fully committing anywhere. I also read between the lines that he planned to end up back at MSU all along.
I was able to read BTL and get inside his head because I'm just. that. good. And because I've got the Shine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-01, 21:21

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well.

I enjoy keeping up on recruiting, but not nearly as intensely as some. I read what this Jones kid wrote when he re-opened his recruiting, and I interpreted it differently than most others. IMO, he seemed almost apologetic to MSU, and I sensed an unspoken message suggesting there were others (meaning family) pressing him to look at other schools before fully committing anywhere. I also read between the lines that he planned to end up back at MSU all along.
I was able to read BTL and get inside his head because I'm just. that. good. And because I've got the Shine.

Fuck that waffeler.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-01, 21:22

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well.

Are you suggesting that you know how to get into kids heads better than Weibs?

Blasphemer. You're a monster. Apologize or Weibs will rain decommitments upon us.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-01, 21:29

Jones has had a strong senior season. He was probably inundated with offers and a person(s) in his "advisors" liked the idea of more recruiting trips.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn Jones had been invited to the PSU game before re-opening recruiting.

I also suspect Dantonio told Jones his scholarship was still available but if MSU didn't hear the scholarship there was an expiration date.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-01, 21:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Are you suggesting that you know how to get into kids heads better than Weibs?

Blasphemer. You're a monster. Apologize or Weibs will rain decommitments upon us.

Weibs may have himself in a pickle over there - just today he predicted 6 more commitments.

Let's do some math:

18 current commitments.

Mufi Hunt came back from his mission early and enrolled.

So that puts us at 19 schollies needed....

24 seniors were honored on Senior Day....
3 players applying for medical red shirts (Davis, Knox, Clemons)
And at least 3 of the 24 were walk ons.

So 18 slots opening?

Conklin rumored to be staying so that slot might not open.
No other junior likely to be declaring for the draft.

I understand there will almost assuredly be some other attrition but enough to squeeze 6 more members?

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=9516
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25