Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by HT 2015-06-15, 18:28

Herbie Green wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
You're the kid that freaks out when MSU is losing, right?

I freak out until we are up at least two scores with less than a minute to play.

Me too, man, me too.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-15, 20:39

Herbie Green wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Dantonio is slowly getting ridding me of my end of game paranoia, but I think that I've seen too much from Spartan football in the last 40 years to ever completely let go.

I think Saban years were the worst. I used to wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night screaming "NO!" after another onside kick/blocked FG nightmares

You're thinking of JLS.

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-15, 23:15

JLS was bad. BW had a game where he lost a game at NW where he lost in like 10 seconds on a hail mary/field goal. I vividly remember a db jogging back on defense and then later hearing we only had 10 guys on the field for the play. The La Tech game where Dowdell just had to take a sack in bounds but instead throws an incompletion.
Saban lost a handful of games like this. 5-0 in 97 lining up for the game winning FG at NW from the 2 yard line - blocked. Season over. There were 2 or 3 to Purdue and Minnesota with onsides kicks. He lost like an 11 point lead in 90 seconds in one of those. Since then I always mark it down as a loss if the opponent is lining up for an onsides kick down less than a td with more than 20 seconds left.

Fortunately with Dantonio we have won like 20 straight games in that situation. But I still haven't completely recovered.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-06-16, 11:14

Herbie Green wrote:JLS was bad. BW had a game where he lost a game at NW where he lost in like 10 seconds on a hail mary/field goal. I vividly remember a db jogging back on defense and then later hearing we only had 10 guys on the field for the play. The La Tech game where Dowdell just had to take a sack in bounds but instead throws an incompletion.
Saban lost a handful of games like this. 5-0 in 97 lining up for the game winning FG at NW from the 2 yard line - blocked. Season over. There were 2 or 3 to Purdue and Minnesota with onsides kicks. He lost like an 11 point lead in 90 seconds in one of those. Since then I always mark it down as a loss if the opponent is lining up for an onsides kick down less than a td with more than 20 seconds left.

Fortunately with Dantonio we have won like 20 straight games in that situation. But I still haven't completely recovered.

Exactly! It is like PTSD. Dantonio has been good treatment, but those experiences have traumatized us.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-17, 10:25

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu 53m53 minutes ago
#MichiganState has offered West Bloomfield (Mich.) 4-star WR Trishton Jackson. More on his MSU ties here ($) http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=175&f=2653&t=13908195 …

http://247sports.com/Player/Trishton-Jackson-80883
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-17, 13:01

With all the praise for future Spartans this had to cause pain as Helmholdt wrote...

The Roadies: Michigan State Elite Camp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-17, 22:58

My interpretation - Lavert Hill is flipping from Penn State.

Mark Dantonio@DantonioMark 15m15 minutes ago
Summer is in full Bloom! Catching a Fever in the hills. #V4MSU!V4MSUV4MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-17, 23:32

Oh that would be sweet. I think I said this before but I really want that kid because there is a picture of him making a really sweet catch/interception at some point in time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 00:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Oh that would be sweet. I think I said this before but I really want that kid because there is a picture of him making a really sweet catch/interception at some point in time.
Assuming Corley is a solid silent, Hill is the only kid out there that I really want.    We're within 2-4 players of a full class so it's pretty certain the staff is going to be really picky from here on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-18, 00:30

I think you follow this more closely than I do, but is Corley really a silent commit? Doesn't seem like it to me but what do I know. Seems to me like he really likes MSU but is taking his time. My 10,000 foot view that doesn't make any sense since I don't really follow it very closely has been that if they can land Corley and flip the PSU kid = BEST CLASS EVAR

But again, that means jack shit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 00:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think you follow this more closely than I do, but is Corley really a silent commit? Doesn't seem like it to me but what do I know. Seems to me like he really likes MSU but is taking his time. My 10,000 foot view that doesn't make any sense since I don't really follow it very closely has been that if they can land Corley and flip the PSU kid = BEST CLASS EVAR

But again, that means jack shit.
Silent commit may be too strong - but at worst he's a strong lean to us.  Supposedly he and Hill are best friends so landing Corley gives us a shot at Hill.  The WR talent in this class is crazy along with the DL.   I've seen 2-3 snippets from people saying the real hidden gem in this class is Cupp one of the OL.   So overall you may be right that it could turn out to be the best class in decades.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 07:10

Recruiting: MSU's 1-Day Camp produces a pair of offers

Last weekend, Michigan State held a camp that attracted top prospects from across the Midwest and the nation. A few players received a MSU scholarship offer shortly afterward.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 07:38

Battle Creek Central linebacker Brandon Randle primed for Michigan State in 2016

EAST LANSING — Brandon Randle was ready to make a verbal commitment to Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio long before he pulled the trigger on the decision on Sunday.

"I was pretty sure as soon as I got the offer, but my parents said look around and make sure it's the right decision,'' said Randle, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound linebacker from Battle Creek Central who also had offers from North Carolina State, Minnesota and Indiana, among other schools.

"Last week, my mom went on a visit to MSU, and she took the whole tour and talked to Coach D, and she got to have a feel for it,'' Randle said on 'The Griff and Grinz' show on Lansing's 92.1 FM, The Team. "After that, she said she'd be OK with the commitment.''
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 07:48

Ghost retweeted
tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 9_MYC2uK_bigger Toogie™@Toogie_2 13m13 minutes ago
BLESSED TO ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE COMMITTED TO MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY!!tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 2733tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 1f3c8

http://247sports.com/Player/Trishton-Jackson-80883

#B1G #SpartanDawgs #V4MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 16:46

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu 9m9 minutes ago
Albert Okwuegbunam recaps today's #MichiganState visit, which he was offered following: http://www.scout.com/college/michigan-state/story/1556495 …

2016 TE
http://247sports.com/Player/Albert-Okwuegbunam-79721
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-06-18, 16:53

Why would anyone be a silent commit? One of the stupidest things about recruiting IMO
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-06-18, 17:20

Tim Wakefield wrote:Why would anyone be a silent commit? One of the stupidest things about recruiting IMO

I can only guess it's so that you can still get invited to make official visits at other schools. Maybe for some kids or parents they are hoping somebody's bag men come calling.

Of course, they could do that without making a silent commit, so what do I know.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-18, 23:33

Tim Wakefield wrote:Why would anyone be a silent commit? One of the stupidest things about recruiting IMO

Because you can.

Oh, and also because it'll help you get more exposure and maintain a higher ranking in the case of guys committed to "lower-tier" schools. Also lets the recruit have his day while still ensuring his spot is reserved.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-19, 10:36

Recruiting: Under-the-radar OL has MSU's attention

Offensive line recruiting is not an exact science. With that said, having an opportunity to work with a prospect at a camp can go a long way for college teams.

Last Saturday, A.J. Arcuri of Olentangy (Ohio) Liberty High School made a strong impression in East Lansing. MSU offensive line coach Mark Staten is hands-on, and he spent plenty of time working with Arcuri.

The 6-foot-6, 248-pounder has been flying under the radar of many recruiting services, despite holding scholarship offers from Illinois, Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami (Ohio) and Toledo. Arcuri will visit Indiana this weekend, and it is possible that the Hoosiers could offer him, as well.

One thing that Michigan State has been focusing on the last few seasons is getting longer on the offensive line. It would not be a shock if Staten wants see Arcuri play a few games before the Spartans offer. But it's also possible that Michigan State might not take another offensive line commitment in the class of 2016

More at the link.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-19, 10:44

Tim Wakefield wrote:Why would anyone be a silent commit?
maybe they want a sign language interpreter to follow them around all day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-23, 13:38

Curtis Blackwell II@MSUrecruiter 21s22 seconds ago
Ohio high school football loves @DantonioMark @SpartanFBstaff #V4MSU

Maybe the TE?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-23, 18:50

LooseGoose wrote:Curtis Blackwell II@MSUrecruiter  21s22 seconds ago

Maybe the TE?

I'm hoping it's George Hill, because I think he and Abdul Adams would make a nice tandem at RB. Also I would just love to flip an Ohio recruit from OSU and Urbz.

Luke Farrell, the TE, would also be good, though I've heard Noah Davis is the complete package at TE and should be pretty good after a RS year, so I'm less concerned about landing another.

Could be the Moeller kicker...we need one of those, but I thought we were still in it for landing Nordin.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-23, 19:13

HT wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Curtis Blackwell II@MSUrecruiter  21s22 seconds ago

Maybe the TE?

I'm hoping it's George Hill, because I think he and Abdul Adams would make a nice tandem at RB. Also I would just love to flip an Ohio recruit from OSU and Urbz.

Luke Farrell, the TE, would also be good, though I've heard Noah Davis is the complete package at TE and should be pretty good after a RS year, so I'm less concerned about landing another.

Could be the Moeller kicker...we need one of those, but I thought we were still in it for landing Nordin.
Word elsewhere today was that Nordin was down to SCum and Pedo St.   If that's true you have question the kid's judgment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-23, 19:48

LooseGoose wrote:
HT wrote:

Word elsewhere today was that Nordin was down to SCum and Pedo St.   If that's true you have question the kid's judgment.

His dad is a major UM fan and will not let him go to MSU. Hence the 'PSU' as his second choice but he's all UM.

Sad how some parents cant put away their petty biases.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-23, 20:57

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

His dad is a major UM fan and will not let him go to MSU.  Hence the 'PSU' as his second choice but he's all UM.

Sad how some parents cant put away their petty biases.

Kind of like with (presumably) Khalid Kareem and Anthony Zettel. I wonder how long it'll be until we don't have to deal with parents like that anymore.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-23, 21:13

Joe Rexrode@joerexrode 16m16 minutes ago
Joe Rexrode retweeted Matthew Coghlin
Kicker becomes No. 20 for MSU's 2016 class.
Joe Rexrode added,
Matthew Coghlin @MatthewCoghlin
I am excited to announce that I am officially committed to Michigan State University Spartans to continue my academic and athletic career!!
3 retweets 9 favorites
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-23, 21:13

WOTS is that it is the Moeller kicker. I am trying to confirm
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-23, 21:27

LooseGoose wrote:Joe Rexrode@joerexrode  16m16 minutes ago
Joe Rexrode retweeted Matthew Coghlin
Kicker becomes No. 20 for MSU's 2016 class.
Joe Rexrode added,
Matthew Coghlin  @MatthewCoghlin  
I am excited to announce that I am officially committed to Michigan State University Spartans to continue my academic and athletic career!!
  3 retweets     9 favorites

Good. We're going to need a kicker after 2016.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-24, 16:31

A lot of truth in this story....

Michigan State football recruiting: why Khalid Kareem’s commitment to Alabama is good for MSU

Most of the Michigan State fan base never thought they would see the day where MSU is okay with missing out on a top 300 recruit and a great prospect, but with Kareem, that was the case. This shows how far the Spartan program has came, not just in recruiting, but overall. Kareem would be a guy that Michigan State would recruit endlessly in the past. That is no longer the case, and they were content with Kareem going to Alabama.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-25, 13:39

Are you guys seeing these rcmb guys get up in arms about decimal points of these players "composite scores"

Great entertainment tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-25, 14:08

Yes, I'm livid about it but channeling my rage elsewhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-06-25, 14:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are you guys seeing these rcmb guys get up in arms about decimal points of these players "composite scores"

Great entertainment tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 502811600

One Ten-Thousandth outrage tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 19 1550444538
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-25, 14:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are you guys seeing these rcmb guys get up in arms about decimal points of these players "composite scores"

I understand some of it, because CFB is so subjective that recruiting ratings do affect preseason rankings, which effect rankings, which can be tough to overcome. That being said, its no longer tRCMB, and its a recruiting website run by 247. I did read a couple of things over there. How great your life must be to get upset about a teenagers fake ranking on a site though. It'd probably be more interesting if they were ranking coed's at colleges nationally though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-25, 19:16

Trieu: Power sets MSU commit Coghlin apart, Kornblue says

Michigan State's 2016 class continues to get bigger, better and even more well-rounded now that the Spartans have secured a commitment from one of the nation's top kickers, Cincinnati Moeller's Matthew Coghlin.
Coghlin hit on 17-of-27 field goals with a long of 54 yards and with all but one of his misses coming from beyond 48 yards as a junior. He was also 35-of-36 on extra points.
"Matt has shown that he is one of, if not the best, guys in the class," said Brandon Kornblue of Kornblue Kicking. "This summer on the camp circuit, he has really been stepping it up. At the Purdue camp a few weeks ago, he demolished everybody else. He stood out in front of 80, 90 or so specialists, and he did the same thing the other day at Penn State in front of 90 guys, as well."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-25, 23:33

Khalid Kareem praises Mark Dantonio's honesty during recruiting process, even after decommitting

"I had a talk with coach Dantonio and he was saying that after they (the defensive lineman) commit, there would be a numbers problem at that point and they really don't have any room on the team," Kareem said. "Once that happened, that kind of made my decision."

Sucks that he missed the boat because of his dad, but it's really great to hear how honest Dantonio was with him. It's consistent with other stories I've heard, and it's another reminder of why I really like Coach D.

Also, this kind of puts a damper on Michigan fans' ideas that he lost interest in MSU, and that Harbaugh was turning the tide with elite Michigan recruits and MSU.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-01, 18:29

Crazy #'s.....more are likely to get offers too.

The D Zone@TheD_Zone 8m8 minutes ago
King and Cass in week 5 is basically a college game / atmosphere. 23 players combined w/ D1 FBS offers. http://bit.ly/1KtEfll
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-02, 06:06

Recruiting: MSU LB commit Joe Bachie raises eyebrows

MSU only has one player of their 20 commitments rated a two-star recruit and that is Berea (Ohio) linebacker Joe Bachie. That ranking may not last long based on what Rivals analyst Josh Helmholdt saw from the future Spartan at Michigan State's Elite Player Camp.

"Stock Rising: The Michigan State one-day elite camp on June 13 was our first time seeing Bachie since junior film, and the 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker looked like a different player," Helmholdt said. "It is obvious he has spent time in the weight room and redeveloped his body. An additional benefit is that he was moving with more explosion and quickness than we saw on junior film.

"Bachie had mid-major offers until about mid-spring and that is the level we saw him projecting to off of junior film. Michigan State was his first Big Ten offer and he accepted it pretty much on the spot. Based on what we saw from Bachie at the Spartans' camp, additional Power Five offers were likely on the way, but Michigan State's early diligence here landed him before his stock took off."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-03, 05:39

Recruiting: MSU going after big receiving target from Ill.

With 20 verbal commitments, Michigan State does not have a lot of scholarship room left for the class of 2016. The staff did however recently offer a player they see as someone who would be an excellent fit for the offense, Springfield (Ill.) Sacred Heart Griffin's Albert Okwuegbunam.

The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Okwuegbunam is rated the No. 58 athlete recruit in the nation and the No. 15 player in Illinois for the class of 2016 by Rivals.com. In addition to MSU, Okwuegbunam also holds offers from Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Indiana and Iowa. Okwuegbunam has 17 scholarship offers all together.

The Spartans see Okwuegbunam as someone who could start as a big wide receiver and then grow into the role as a pass-catching tight end. He has the frame to carry 20 to 25 more pounds and play at close to 245 pounds without losing much speed. As a junior, Okwuegbunam had 27 catches for 480 yards and 10 touchdowns, helping Sacred Heart Griffin win the Illinois Class 5A title.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-03, 11:30

Cass Tech safety Demetric Vance stays true to Michigan State commitment after Tennessee visit

EAST LANSING — Demetric Vance won't be trading his green for Tennessee orange, even though he was one of about 50 Detroit area players who bused down to Knoxville to visit the Volunteers 10 days ago.

"It was just a good experience to go down there with the team and help my teammates get offers,and show the coaches we have more players at Cass Tech,'' said Vance, a top-rated 2016 safety who chose Michigan State over Ohio State and Michigan on May 13.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/07/cass_tech_safety_demetric_vanc.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-06, 10:29

Messiah deWeaver eager to represent Michigan State 2016 class in finals of Elite 11 competition

Messiah deWeaver's name figures to come up a lot during the Elite 11 competition in Oregon this week, as the Michigan State 2016 QB commit been the MVP at Nike camps in suburban Chicago and Los Angeles en route to The Opening camp.

Once a Michigan commit, deWeaver dropped the Wolverines after Brady Hoke was fired for what he believes are greener pastures in East Lansing.
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh called, deWeaver said, but Ohio's top-rated quarterback said the Spartans had already captured his interest.

A Sunday of watching the NFL had sparked deWeaver's interest in Michigan State, even before Hoke was fired.

"Me and my dad were watching the NFL Network and they were saying Michigan State had those three guys starting, Kirk Cousins, Brian Hoyer and Drew Stanton,'' deWeaver said last week on 'The Griff and Grinz Show" on Lansing's 92.1 FM. "I said to my dad, 'Have we ever taken a serious look at Michigan State?'

"So I went up there to visit and fell in love.''
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next