Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much?

+7
Cameron
Blanch32
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
11 posters

Go down

Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much? Empty Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 12:02

Does it drive you nuts too?

For example, people on their phones too fucking much. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, texting, etc etc. Put the fucking phone away for an hour. My core group of friends are pretty good about this, but it seems like others have I met are just zoned in their phones for a good 10-20 minutes and you can't even get a word in with them.

And then you have the people who spend an hour editing photos, making the best captions, and basically trying way too hard to humble brag on social media. This ranges from official hashtags to editing people's fuckin teeth to look whiter. Really? Where's the line here?

I don't know, I'm just rantin' dawgs.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much? Empty Re: Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-11, 12:11

I spend about 10 minutes on each post I make on tSwill.

Last edited by Giant Moose on 2015-06-11, 12:16; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much? Empty Re: Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-06-11, 12:12

FYI- As far as I know you literally only exist inside of my cell phone.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-11, 12:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:FYI- As far as I know you literally only exist inside of my cell phone.
Do you know people that care about their social media image WAY too much? 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 12:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:FYI- As far as I know you literally only exist inside of my cell phone.

I thought we were friends, man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-11, 12:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:t it seems like others have I met are just zoned in their phones for a good 10-20 minutes and you can't even get a word in with them.

Maybe you're boring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-11, 13:39

Rcmb rods
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-06-11, 14:00

I can't understand people going to a live event (sports, concerts, etc.) and spending the whole time tweeting and taking pictures for instagram. Why pay to go to a live event if you're just gonna look at your phone the whole time?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-11, 14:02

Cameron wrote:I can't understand people going to a live event (sports, concerts, etc.) and spending the whole time tweeting and taking pictures for instagram. Why pay to go to a live event if you're just gonna look at your phone the whole time?
They aren't at the event to watch it. They are at the event to show their friends how good their life is, or how they got exclusive tickets.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-11, 14:23

Question - can you remain a fully functional member of society without all these things?
I never got much into it to begin with and now that I am getting older and years and decades of this stuff is out there. Will the world pass me by, or was I right all along that this is just all useless nonsense?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-11, 14:25

Herbie Green wrote:Question - can you remain a fully functional member of society without all these things?
I never got much into it to begin with and now that I am getting older and years and decades of this stuff is out there. Will the world pass me by, or was I right all along that this is just all useless nonsense?

My girlfriend is a full on Luddite. I don't get it. Why does it have to be all or nothing? Just use what is useful and ignore the rest.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-11, 14:26

I tend not to associate with people obsessed over social media. The look at how awesome my life is when it really isn't crowd is the worse.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-11, 14:28

Rcmb rods
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-11, 21:28

Cameron wrote:I can't understand people going to a live event (sports, concerts, etc.) and spending the whole time tweeting and taking pictures for instagram. Why pay to go to a live event if you're just gonna look at your phone the whole time?

To record it for posterity, duh.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down