Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

+20
Brock Middlebrook
Cameron
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Robert J Sakimano
Rod Porkmore
kingstonlake
Cym Jim
tGreenWay
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
HT
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Giant Moose
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Empty Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 10:00

I can't decide where to go this year. Suggestions welcome.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Empty Re: Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-30, 10:06

Basketball tourney in Grand Rapids then I'll be getting drunk somewhere. Not trying to make big plans as I leave on the 6th.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Empty Re: Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 10:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Basketball tourney in Grand Rapids then I'll be getting drunk somewhere. Not trying to make big plans as I leave on the 6th.
You should do a drunk basketball tournament with 6 foot rims.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-30, 10:12

I'll be hanging around home taking the grandchild to multiple parades in the area and fireworks Friday and Saturday night.   Got the whole family coming over for the day on Saturday so that will be the big day.  Grilling, parade, smoking, grilling, drinking, s'mores, fireworks.   It's almost too much for me to handle....lol....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-30, 10:19

I guess I have a 8:55 tee time. I expect the course to be somewhat busy, but we'll see. After that, friends will come over and we'll bbq in the afternoon. I think someone wants to go to the pool. My daughter is terrified of fireworks, so we'll just stay home. Traffic is a bitch, and anywhere that has good fireworks will start to fill up in the early afternoon.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 10:29

InTenSity wrote:I guess I have a 8:55 tee time. I expect the course to be somewhat busy, but we'll see. After that, friends will come over and we'll bbq in the afternoon. I think someone wants to go to the pool. My daughter is terrified of fireworks, so we'll just stay home. Traffic is a bitch, and anywhere that has good fireworks will start to fill up in the early afternoon.
Yeah, speaking of traffic I'm not sure what I was thinking waiting until the last minute to think of things. DC is going to be a nightmare getting around of course, and I totally forgot about the big Foo Fighters concert going on as well.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-06-30, 10:31

Most likely at work, shepherding a server migration.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-30, 10:39

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I guess I have a 8:55 tee time. I expect the course to be somewhat busy, but we'll see. After that, friends will come over and we'll bbq in the afternoon. I think someone wants to go to the pool. My daughter is terrified of fireworks, so we'll just stay home. Traffic is a bitch, and anywhere that has good fireworks will start to fill up in the early afternoon.
Yeah, speaking of traffic I'm not sure what I was thinking waiting until the last minute to think of things. DC is going to be a nightmare getting around of course, and I totally forgot about the big Foo Fighters concert going on as well.
At least you have the Metrorail. There is no public transportation in Miami. Might be crowded, ok will probably be packed, but it is an option and it does get you from point A to point B relatively efficiently. Couldn't you just go to the Mall, or whatever it is called and watch from there with about 100k other people?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 11:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:Most likely at work, shepherding a server migration.
This is America, dammit! Don't they outsource that stuff to some foreign country so you can drink, eat too much, and light off fireworks?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 11:10

InTenSity wrote:At least you have the Metrorail. There is no public transportation in Miami. Might be crowded, ok will probably be packed, but it is an option and it does get you from point A to point B relatively efficiently. Couldn't you just go to the Mall, or whatever it is called and watch from there with about 100k other people?
The DC fireworks are a little overrated, and the show is over too quick for the hassle of the crowds. Lately we've been going to either the Eastern Shore or Annapolis for the 4th, but I'm kind of tired of both.

Anyone been to Charleston, SC for the 4th? Is it worth an 8-hour drive?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-30, 11:17

Gonna be up in Cadillac. I'll look for Bob while I'm up north, because as we all know, Cadillac is where up north starts. This is not debatable.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-30, 11:21

This is fucked. Get the hell outta there.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-06-30, 11:24

Giant Moose wrote:
This is America, dammit! Don't they outsource that stuff to some foreign country so you can drink, eat too much, and light off fireworks?

If I had made a better decision in 2008 then I wouldn't be facing this migration for another three years. SMFH.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-30, 11:50

Was going to Chicago for the Grateful Dead shows, but I can't justify $250 for obstructed/no view tickets for a trip by myself. I'll hold out with the hope that fall shows in Philly/NYC/Pittsburgh/Toronto/Boston/Cleveland happen and I can go to one of those.

Now, I'm going to sell fruit for my grandparents Saturday morning, since we have a lot of apples to move before the new crop, and we have fresh-picked cherries to move before they spoil. Then, after work, I'm going down to my family's place on Keuka Lake for some boating, beers, and barbeque.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-30, 11:56

Giant Moose wrote:Anyone been to Charleston, SC for the 4th? Is it worth an 8-hour drive?
Pack heat if you go.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-30, 11:58

Staying home. Smoking meat. Might walk the kids down the street to see one of the ridiculous aerial displays a random neighbor has cooked up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 11:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Anyone been to Charleston, SC for the 4th? Is it worth an 8-hour drive?
Pack heat if you go.
Oh yeah, I forgot about all that. Never mind. Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-30, 12:09

You should go to Banff National Park in Alberta. Pictures keep popping up of there in my Instagram and now I really want to go.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Moraine-c2a9-christopher-martin-0600-2
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 12:12

HT wrote:You should go to Banff National Park in Alberta. Pictures keep popping up of there in my Instagram and now I really want to go.
Going to Canada for America's birthday? scratch
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-30, 12:26

Giant Moose wrote:
HT wrote:You should go to Banff National Park in Alberta. Pictures keep popping up of there in my Instagram and now I really want to go.
Going to Canada for America's birthday?  scratch

Just think, it won't be full of people vacationing there for the 4th of July because it's not celebrated in Canada.

But if you REALLY want to be in America for the 4th, I suggest checking out Telluride.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Telluride%20snow
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-30, 12:47

HT wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Going to Canada for America's birthday?  scratch

Just think, it won't be full of people vacationing there for the 4th of July because it's not celebrated in Canada.

But if you REALLY want to be in America for the 4th, I suggest checking out Telluride.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Telluride%20snow

Colorado rules.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-30, 13:46

Annual family gathering. Woot woot!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-30, 14:11

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-30, 14:15

tGreenWay wrote:There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-30, 14:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 502811600 I can see how you could interpret it that way. But really--no. I just haven't been able to spend much time relaxing at home lately. Seems like I'm always somewhere else.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-06-30, 14:33

I'll be drinking tea and eating crumpets.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Queen
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-30, 14:34

Cym Jim wrote:I'll be drinking tea and eating crumpets.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-30, 14:43

Cym Jim wrote:I'll be drinking tea and eating crumpets.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Screen-shot-2013-10-25-at-9-39-49-am
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-06-30, 14:46

tGreenWay wrote:Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 3434560931

pale
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 14:47

"HT wrote:Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Telluride%20snow
That does look nice. I wish the mountains on the East side of our country were as good as those.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-30, 16:23

Giant Moose wrote:
\"HT wrote:Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Telluride%20snow
That does look nice. I wish the mountains on the East side of our country were as good as those.

There's plenty of beautiful mountains on the East side of our country...just many aren't snow-capped. Take the Great Smoky Mountains for instance...

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Great-smoky-mountains-national-park-usa-extreme-out-door-hiking-trail-adventure-12
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-30, 16:25

Giant Moose wrote:
\"HT wrote:Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Telluride%20snow

Also, I'm a big fan of the Presidential Range up in New Hampshire. Hoping to go on a camping trip up there with some friends in the next couple of months.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 133-The-Presidentials-from-Cherry-Pond
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-06-30, 16:30

Blanch32 wrote:Annual family gathering. Woot woot!

Wear protection.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-30, 16:32

kingstonlake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Annual family gathering. Woot woot!

Wear protection.

You have sex at family reunions?¿
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-30, 16:45

Cym Jim wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 3434560931

pale

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-30, 18:54

HT wrote:
There's plenty of beautiful mountains on the East side of our country...just many aren't snow-capped. Take the Great Smoky Mountains for instance...

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Great-smoky-mountains-national-park-usa-extreme-out-door-hiking-trail-adventure-12
Now we're talking. I might do this. The drive is doable, and it looks like Gatlinburg, TN goes all out for the 4th.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-30, 19:36

Giant Moose wrote:
HT wrote:

Now we're talking. I might do this. The drive is doable, and it looks like Gatlinburg, TN goes all out for the 4th.

Also, it's relatively close to Knoxville, so you could always swing through and pick up some UT coeds to add to the celebration...

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? Img_0877
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore 2015-06-30, 20:10

I'm going camping at Higgins Lake State Park.
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-01, 07:33

no place I'd rather be.. and no place where I can insist through the magic of social media that my life is sheer perfection: Up North.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-01, 08:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:no place I'd rather be.. and no place where I can insist through the magic of social media that my life is sheer perfection: Up North.
Are you already Up North? If so, can you send me a Petoskey stone?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next