Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

+20
Brock Middlebrook
Cameron
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Robert J Sakimano
Rod Porkmore
kingstonlake
Cym Jim
tGreenWay
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
HT
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Giant Moose
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 am

HT wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
That does look nice. I wish the mountains on the East side of our country were as good as those.

There's plenty of beautiful mountains on the East side of our country...just many aren't snow-capped. Take the Great Smoky Mountains for instance...

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Great-smoky-mountains-national-park-usa-extreme-out-door-hiking-trail-adventure-12
grew up there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:51 am

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:no place I'd rather be.. and no place where I can insist through the magic of social media that my life is sheer perfection: Up North.
Are you already Up North? If so, can you send me a Petoskey stone?
I'm always Up North.. even if it's just in a nuanced metaphysical way.

I am always Up North.. and Up North is always with me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:03 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
HT wrote:

There's plenty of beautiful mountains on the East side of our country...just many aren't snow-capped. Take the Great Smoky Mountains for instance...
grew up there.

Bob Vanderbilt Sakimano

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Aerial-view-of-the-estate
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:19 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
HT wrote:

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Great-smoky-mountains-national-park-usa-extreme-out-door-hiking-trail-adventure-12
grew up there.
You must have the most massive bike hill climbing thighs and calfs known to man.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
grew up there.
You must have the most massive bike hill climbing thighs and calfs known to man.

I don't know about calfs, but at his Cotton Bowl watch party that he did not attend, I noticed he had nice calves.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 GRT-MA10-four-calves-i
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
grew up there.
we did some nice rides, for sure. When you grow up there, it's really all you know. I haven't lived in the NC mountains in about 25 years, though - I miss a lot of the climbs, for sure. Suited my natural cycling skills much better - I don't do quite as well on flats.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 am

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I don't know about calfs, but at his Cotton Bowl watch party that he did not attend, I noticed he had nice calves.

from what I hear, you really REALLY enjoyed the calves.. someone would argue you enjoyed them too much. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:01 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

from what I hear, you really REALLY enjoyed the calves.. someone would argue you enjoyed them too much. Shocked

A lot of people did a lot of things they regret at your Cotton Bowl party.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:04 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
we did some nice rides, for sure. When you grow up there, it's really all you know. I haven't lived in the NC mountains in about 25 years, though - I miss a lot of the climbs, for sure. Suited my natural cycling skills much better - I don't do quite as well on flats.
My brother and his wife did an overnight in the smokies. Not intentionally though. They got lost lol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
My brother and his wife did an overnight in the smokies. Not intentionally though. They got lost lol
Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 502811600

easy to get lost there. First thing I noticed about Michigan was how roads pretty much run east, west, north and south - on a grid and usually at 90 degree angles. In the NC mountains, roads were cut into the mountains and down into valleys to sort of circumnavigate the more treacherous areas so you never really know which direction you're going.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:30 pm

If Bob will install #1 or #11 at his lakefront cottage I'll come visit.

11 Insane Aquatic Toys You Can Buy

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Floating_trampoline

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Volley_primary
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 pm

The lake trampoline is surprisingly a lot less expensive than I thought it would be. $1,800-$3,700 is a lot better than the $11,000 for the floating volleyball court.

Last edited by Giant Moose on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:45 pm

LooseGoose wrote:If Bob will install #1 or #11 at his lakefront cottage I'll come visit.

I don't recall inviting you. Evil or Very Mad

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't recall inviting you. Evil or Very Mad

Excluding people? When did you become a mod on tRCMB? Say it ain't so, Bob.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't recall inviting you. Evil or Very Mad

I didn't say he's not invited. I just don't appreciate the presumption.

I guess I could pull a Cotton Bowl watch party and invite a bunch of people over and not even be there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm spending it moving in!!!! Fuck yeah! I don't gotta wait till next week. This is great news... Swillers, come on out to my hoytey toytey little subdivision rental! Let's get me kicked out before my first rent check is due!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:53 pm

xsanguine wrote:I'm spending it moving in!!!! Fuck yeah! I don't gotta wait till next week. This is great news... Swillers, come on out to my hoytey toytey little subdivision rental! Let's get me kicked out before my first rent check is due!
Can I bring one of Bob's couches and light it on fire?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I'm spending it moving in!!!! Fuck yeah! I don't gotta wait till next week. This is great news... Swillers, come on out to my hoytey toytey little subdivision rental! Let's get me kicked out before my first rent check is due!
Isn't that murder? Or are you talking about the purses?

edit - I need to get my eye's checked. I read that as one of Bob's coaches, unless there was a ninja edit.

Last edited by InTenSity on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
oddly enough, there is a couch in the basement that's yours if you want it. You just have to find a way to get it up the steps.

oh - and don't touch my drum kit while you're down there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
I didn't say he's not invited. I just don't appreciate the presumption.

I guess I could pull a Cotton Bowl watch party and invite a bunch of people over and not even be there.

That's most likely a "Win-Win" for all involved Bob
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
oddly enough, there is a couch in the basement that's yours if you want it. You just have to find a way to get it up the steps.

But if you happen to take his wife's dog on your way out...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:07 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't say he's not invited. I just don't appreciate the presumption.

That's most likely a "Win-Win" for all involved Bob
yeah - I can attest to the fact that I'm not a great person to have a beer with. Hell, I can barely stand to have a beer with myself.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Giant Moose wrote:

I encourage you to bring one of Bob's couches and/or coaches out to burn.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:If Bob will install #1 or #11 at his lakefront cottage I'll come visit.

Both of my knees dislocated just looking at those pictures.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:08 pm

No other country like America!

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 6Kcrgte
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Probably on my couch. I hurt my back like a bitch.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Bob, was you wife in Shelby Twp today? I saw her pickup truck with the NRA4EVR license plate.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:12 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I'm upset that you never let me know you play drums, Bob.. All this time we could have been the capital area's best E Street cover band and now I'm won't even be there anymore.

This is bullshit. I'm very upset with you, Bob... despite how great of an American you are.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 am

Rubin: In Michigan, our July Fourth lies Up North

We are headed Up North, if we're not there already, because this is the July 4 weekend and we are Michiganians and it's what we do.

In a tiny community in Clare County called Lake, Greg Gross will be waiting with a chainsaw.

AAA of Michigan says more than 1.2 million of us will drive at least 50 miles to wherever we're going. If we're lucky, it'll be more like 500 miles to and from someplace green and gorgeous and ideally wet.

In a wood-paneled building in Kalkaska, the Up North Grill will be waiting with enough perch for everyone.

It's July Fourth, which means July North. We are motoring up the map toward Bliss and Paradise — and in ways large and small, northern Michigan has been preparing to greet us.

Residents are ready at the other compass points, too: Saugatuck and South Haven to the west, Harbor Beach and Pt. Aux Barques to the east. But we don't wear T-shirts that say "Over in the Thumb."

The shirts simply say, "Up North," and Up North is primed for an invasion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:49 am

Not going to read the article.. but sounds like Bob will have a field day with that one on Monday Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:41 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Gonna be up in Cadillac. I'll look for Bob while I'm up north, because as we all know, Cadillac is where up north starts. This is not debatable.

You're wrong and stupid.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 Upnort13

I spent the 4th driving from Up North (Paradise, MI) to NOT Up North (Houghton Lake). Drank a ton of beer and smoked a hash oil joint while watching the fireworks around Houghton Lake. Good time, probably the best 4th of July I've ever had.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 am

Cameron wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Gonna be up in Cadillac. I'll look for Bob while I'm up north, because as we all know, Cadillac is where up north starts. This is not debatable.

You're wrong and stupid.

I spent the 4th driving from Up North (Paradise, MI) to NOT Up North (Houghton Lake). Drank a ton of beer and smoked a hash oil joint while watching the fireworks around Houghton Lake. Good time, probably the best 4th of July I've ever had.

Sounds like fun to me. What's a hash oil joint? Dude in front of me in line on the first legal day in CO was telling me that was the way to go - sounded like a loophole that would let him buy 20x any other medium.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 am

Cameron wrote:

You're wrong and stupid.

Enjoyed my time in the gateway to Up North. We only ruined one prop when the guy driving the Four Winns speedboat broke up some rocks in the channel between Lake Cadillac & Lake Mitchell. Oops.

Other than that, we had a great time. Great weather, good eats, good drinks, some cornhole, a lot of chilling out on the boat. Everyone in my usual circle of friends are having kids now. No more staying up until 3 doing "adult" things. Now it's, "Kids are in bed, we're too exhausted/don't want to get too loud and wake the kids up" to get too crazy.

Hey, life changes. Still, it was a great weekend.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:43 am

Cameron wrote:

You're wrong and stupid.

Actually, you're wrong. The UP is the UP. It deserves to be called the UP because it is a distinctly different and better place than the rest of the state. Its greatness cannot be captured with reference to something as vague and simple as "up north." Call it by name.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You're wrong and stupid.

Enjoyed my time in the gateway to Up North. We only ruined one prop when the guy driving the Four Winns speedboat broke up some rocks in the channel between Lake Cadillac & Lake Mitchell. Oops.

Other than that, we had a great time. Great weather, good eats, good drinks, some cornhole, a lot of chilling out on the boat. Everyone in my usual circle of friends are having kids now. No more staying up until 3 doing "adult" things. Now it's, "Kids are in bed, we're too exhausted/don't want to get too loud and wake the kids up" to get too crazy.

Time to join the crowd and knock somebody up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:55 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Time to join the crowd and knock somebody up.

tWife & I are enjoying being DINKs (Dual Income No Kids). It might happen sometime soon, but we're in no rush.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You're wrong and stupid.

Actually, you're wrong. The UP is the UP. It deserves to be called the UP because it is a distinctly different and better place than the rest of the state. Its greatness cannot be captured with reference to something as vague and simple as "up north." Call it by name.

Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 1853518006 Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 1853518006 Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 1853518006
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:32 am

I think north just means north, bruhs.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:38 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think north just means north, bruhs.

Not in South Korea.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:42 am

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm fucking exhausted. Where are Swillsters spending the 4th of July? - Page 2 3836498553
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next