Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

+20
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Nordic
AMwood
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
tTy
steveschneider
Giant Moose
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
The Pantry
Cym Jim
Triple Sparty
DWags
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 Empty Re: 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

Post by Herbie Green 7/14/2015, 11:53 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

When you meet people out of state unfortunately you generally have to tell them "Lansing" because they won't understand how much cooler it is to live in East Lansing and that anyone living in Lansing or other surrounding areas should be mocked and riduculed.
most people I choose to hang out with are aware of this little college in East Lansing.. they've usually heard of it.

I lived in East Lansing for 10+ years and now I live in Holt. Either way I always said I was from Lansing, but I guess I didn't feel the need for people to know that I was associated with the prestige of East Lansing. Although, ironically many in the surrounding areas rip on East Lansing and Okemos for being the same kind of snobs that you mock for going Up North.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 Empty Re: 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

Post by Herbie Green 7/14/2015, 11:55 am

Giant Moose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Why, because they might try to tag you in their Instagram photos?
No, because those properties look very neglected and attract lower-income people.

That doesn't sound like anything someone from a prestigious town like EAST Lansing could be involved in. But someone like me might consider doing something like this.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/14/2015, 12:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:most people I choose to hang out with are aware of this little college in East Lansing.. they've usually heard of it.

I lived in East Lansing for 10+ years and now I live in Holt.  Either way I always said I was from Lansing, but I guess I didn't feel the need for people to know that I was associated with the prestige of East Lansing.  Although, ironically many in the surrounding areas rip on East Lansing and Okemos for being the same kind of snobs that you mock for going Up North.
it's cool, dude. I'm not mad at ya. We all live in areas that work best for our individual needs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 7/14/2015, 12:41 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I lived in East Lansing for 10+ years and now I live in Holt.  Either way I always said I was from Lansing, but I guess I didn't feel the need for people to know that I was associated with the prestige of East Lansing.  Although, ironically many in the surrounding areas rip on East Lansing and Okemos for being the same kind of snobs that you mock for going Up North.
it's cool, dude. I'm not mad at ya. We all live in areas that work best for our individual needs.

yup, I wanted acreage. I do miss some of the residential aspects of EL but I wouldn't trade land for it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/14/2015, 12:46 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yup, I wanted acreage. I do miss some of the residential aspects of EL but I wouldn't trade land for it.
cool. Glad you enjoy it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/14/2015, 1:00 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Bob is now giving absolution for moves out of East Lansing.   

Just another great aspect of that personality that makes you such a great Spartan and American.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/14/2015, 1:01 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob is now giving absolution for moves out of East Lansing.   

Just another great aspect of that personality that makes you such a great Spartan and American.
thanks, man. I just appreciate the opportunity to surround myself with fellow Spartans and Americans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/30/2017, 12:45 pm

Mackinac Bridge's north tower to be stripped and painted for first time

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 -7d710c19dc37a123

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/12/2017, 4:14 pm

Alana Nehring‏Verified account @alananehring 19h19 hours ago
More
Incredible photo of strong storms rolling over the Mackinac Bridge.
Photo Credit: Paola Catallo-Lieghio
@wzzm13

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 DCFVB4XXkAUYYr2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/13/2017, 8:04 am

this thread is awesome.. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 502811600 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 502811600 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 6/13/2017, 8:23 am

LooseGoose wrote:Alana Nehring‏Verified account @alananehring 19h19 hours ago
More
Incredible photo of strong storms rolling over the Mackinac Bridge.
Photo Credit: Paola Catallo-Lieghio
@wzzm13

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 DCFVB4XXkAUYYr2

So Cthulu is chilling in the straights. Cool.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/13/2017, 12:50 pm

Mini Coopers aim to set world record while crossing the Mackinac Bridge
4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 Miniimage2jpg-a077c461e4e76dca
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 6/13/2017, 1:32 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Mini Coopers aim to set world record while crossing the Mackinac Bridge
4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 Miniimage2jpg-a077c461e4e76dca
Do they have to make the other side?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/13/2017, 1:35 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Mini Coopers aim to set world record while crossing the Mackinac Bridge
are they all gonna drive over it at the same time?

are khakis required??

has The Dave Mathews Band or Jimmy Buffett been assigned "The Official Music of Mini-Coopers Driving Across the Mackinac Bridge"?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/29/2017, 9:25 am

The Mackinac Bridge is turning 60 and still looking good: How long can it last?

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 636448016905256763-0708-mackinac-2-07-08-2007-
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/12/2018, 2:52 pm

Vintage steel deck grating from Mackinac Bridge

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 5 8676_51_1

Section of original steel grating from the Mackinac Bridge deck. Selling 7 individual, identical pieces of grating separately. THIS AUCTION IS FOR ONE PIECE. Pieces are approximately 5 1/2 feet X 38 feet and 5 inches deep. Condition is used with corrosion and section loss appropriate to steel that is 60 years old. Each piece weighs about 2 tons.
Grating was originally coated with lead based paint. Much of this is gone, but Buyer will have to sign a "Hold Harmless agreement" related to the lead paint and the structural condition of the grating. The Hold Harmless agreement is an attachment to the auction ad.

Seller agrees to cut the grating section into two shorter pieces for ease of shipping if desired. Price of this one cut is included in the bid. No other cutting or manipulation of the grating will be done by the seller.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 4/12/2018, 3:02 pm

LooseGoose wrote: Vintage steel deck grating from Mackinac Bridge

Section of original steel grating from the Mackinac Bridge deck. Selling 7 individual, identical pieces of grating separately. THIS AUCTION IS FOR ONE PIECE. Pieces are approximately 5 1/2 feet X 38 feet and 5 inches deep. Condition is used with corrosion and section loss appropriate to steel that is 60 years old. Each piece weighs about 2 tons.
Grating was originally coated with lead based paint. Much of this is gone, but Buyer will have to sign a "Hold Harmless agreement" related to the lead paint and the structural condition of the grating. The Hold Harmless agreement is an attachment to the auction ad.

Seller agrees to cut the grating section into two shorter pieces for ease of shipping if desired. Price of this one cut is included in the bid. No other cutting or manipulation of the grating will be done by the seller.
make for a pretty sweet industrial-inspired coffee table..

ya know, if you don't mind lead poisoning. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 4/12/2018, 3:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote: Vintage steel deck grating from Mackinac Bridge

make for a pretty sweet industrial-inspired coffee table..

ya know, if you don't mind lead poisoning. Shocked

Only poosays drink their coffee unleaded, Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/24/2018, 5:21 pm

Michigan Air Force pilot flew bomber under Mackinac Bridge on this day 59 years ago

Michigan Air Force pilot flew bomber under Mackinac Bridge on this day in 1959

An Alaskan’s Assault on The Mackinac Bridge Recalled

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 4/24/2018, 6:08 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan Air Force pilot flew bomber under Mackinac Bridge on this day 59 years ago

Michigan Air Force pilot flew bomber under Mackinac Bridge on this day in 1959

An Alaskan’s Assault on The Mackinac Bridge Recalled

Dad co-piloted B-17G's 35 missions to Germany. Remember him talking about the Bridge stunt. He thought it was cool as hell.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 3/10/2023, 11:45 am

[tw]1634189642202226688[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5