Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So... What did Bullough DO?

+32
Stoops21
Brock Middlebrook
tTito
Trevor Barnes
Death Roe
pulling69
Cameron
y2kMgrad
Masturbates
The Pantry
duffy munn
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Giant Moose
steveschneider
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
The Ingenious Gentleman
AnomanderRake
DWags
GRR Spartan
HT
WhiteBoyHatcher
Blanch32
SpartanInNH
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Rocinante
36 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

So... What did Bullough DO? - Page 2 Empty Re: So... What did Bullough DO?

Post by Rocinante Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 11:32

Blanch32 wrote:
The Ingenious Gentleman wrote:

Blanch is going to hate you for seeming connected.

And for not dispelling rumors....

I'm with blanch on this one. Not just saying what your awesome connected friends think it was after telling us you have awesome connected friends is super douchey.

If you weren't going to say anything you should've just not said anything.

Oh I know guys but we're not telling...

Fuck that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 11:46

FWIW I used to see Max's grandpa at the MAC almost everyday. He was on board.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:10

I think he pissed in a condom for Durrell Summers.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:11

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

That makes it sounds like Dantonio had a choice. I always figured it had to be an NCAA drug test. It can't be some legal issue because it never made the papers. I just can't see him being suspended over some secret thing he otherwise would have got away with (and have everyone speculating, have to explain to NFL, etc).
Somehow I think it must be really bad whatever he did. No need to keep it a big secret otherwise and have people think the worst. But that is the route they chose. Unfortunately, it will always put a black mark on the Rose Bowl, at least until Max has the courage to speak.

Understand everything except the black mark on the Rosebowl. Squad loses its undisputed leader< guys step the hell up, put all the silly visits beside them that week, hunker down, double their efforts on film and in practice, end up making winning plays. Shows we are a program not just a team. Just my opinion
Exactly. A black mark on the Rose Bowl? Hell, for me it enhances the Rose Bowl. The leader of our defense, "The Computer", the coach on the field is forced to miss the game and is replaced in part by a 5th year Senior walk on, who not only wins Defensive Player Of The Game, but makes the final stop to win the game in dramatic fashion by flying over the pile to make the hit. That's like something out of a movie. Black mark on Bullough's career, sure. Black mark on the Rose Bowl? Not in a million years.*

*(I should qualify that by saying that hypothetically IF it was something that the coaches were aware of during the regular season, and IF it was something that he should have been suspended for in mid-season, but was swept under the rug, then yes, that might leave a SMALL black mark on the Rose Bowl, because it could be argued that we MIGHT not have made the Rose Bowl without him.......on the other hand, we won every game including the BTCG by 10+ points, and combined with the Rose Bowl performance, I'd find it a tough argument to say with any certainty at all that we wouldn't have won the B1G without him).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:13

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

His Dad wanted him suspended. Enough said.

That makes it sounds like Dantonio had a choice. I always figured it had to be an NCAA drug test. It can't be some legal issue because it never made the papers. I just can't see him being suspended over some secret thing he otherwise would have got away with (and have everyone speculating, have to explain to NFL, etc).
Somehow I think it must be really bad whatever he did. No need to keep it a big secret otherwise and have people think the worst. But that is the route they chose.

Unfortunately, it will always put a black mark on the Rose Bowl, at least until Max has the courage to speak.

A black mark on the most recent Rose Bowl win?

Do you use Harbaugh pubic hair for dental floss too?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:17

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:24

GRR Spartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Somehow I think it must be really bad whatever he did. No need to keep it a big secret otherwise and have people think the worst. But that is the route they chose.

Unfortunately, it will always put a black mark on the Rose Bowl, at least until Max has the courage to speak.

Yup. We are still talking about it two years later, afterall. Either it is tainted by unanswered questions or the answers to those questions are so damaging that the taint would be even worse. Common sense tells you the latter is what happened.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:27

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Yup. We are still talking about it two years later, afterall. Either it is tainted by unanswered questions or the answers to those questions are so damaging that the taint would be even worse. Common sense tells you the latter is what happened.
TBH, we're talking about it on August 3rd. Its not like this just came up on an ESPN special. My guess is that Roc watched the BTN best of, and they were playing the 2013 Spartans. At the end they brought up what happened to Bullough. Even the Freep isn't talking about this unprompted.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:29

Rocinante wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I'm with blanch on this one. Not just saying what your awesome connected friends think it was after telling us you have awesome connected friends is super douchey.

Fuck that.

I don't know if this is for me, but I never claimed I knew what he did. Never really asked for it either. Not that big of a deal to me. Felt sick about it like everyone did, had to be unbelievably tough on everybody, not just Max but everybody.

Here's something else that is great about MSU now vs the bullshit piece of crap MSU I was going to in the early to mid 80's. We take care of our own, don't hang them out to dry and are more of a real community. I can't tell you guys enough how great that is compared to how dysfunctional we were 30 years ago. You know the softball team shit now? That was what seemed like what was happening to everything back then. What I love the most about the Bullough stuff is, if it peeks our curiousity it has to be driving Michigan fans crazy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:37

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Fuck that.

I don't know if this is for me, but I never claimed I knew what he did. Never really asked for it either. Not that big of a deal to me. Felt sick about it like everyone did, had to be unbelievably tough on everybody, not just Max but everybody.

Here's something else that is great about MSU now vs the bullshit piece of crap MSU I was going to in the early to mid 80's. We take care of our own, don't hang them out to dry and are more of a real community. I can't tell you guys enough how great that is compared to how dysfunctional we were 30 years ago. You know the softball team shit now? That was what seemed like what was happening to everything back then. What I love the most about the Bullough stuff is, if it peeks our curiousity it has to be driving Michigan fans crazy.
I know. Our sense of community is top-notch now. I think it's great that a guy like Byrd got to come back and kiss the logo. I just wish MoJo, Allen, Lucious, Sherman, etc. got to do it, too.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:39

Herbie Green wrote:The black mark may be miniscule but it is still there.

There is no black mark on anything.

If we had lost, there might still be 'What if...' questions.

But, we won.

Sorry he didn't get to play, but it ends there...we won. I don't give a crap if he played or not.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:41

Rocinante wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Fuck that.

Fwiw Brady hoke had this same mindset. Shared with power tripping middle managers everywhere
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:42

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Are you haunted by Mandarich? To this day?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:43

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

This. But whatever. Honestly cannot be ed Martin or Sandusky bad so I don't gaf anymore
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 12:50

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

So... What did Bullough DO? - Page 2 I0tXOLI

:scared:
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:03

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Never was and 25 years later never will be.

Bullough's suspension is water under the bridge. Bullough and the Bullough family are fine with the way things worked out. MSU didn't get any NCAA penalties or probation as a result of whatever happened.

Time to move on.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:09

InTenSity wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

TBH, we're talking about it on August 3rd. Its not like this just came up on an ESPN special. My guess is that Roc watched the BTN best of, and they were playing the 2013 Spartans. At the end they brought up what happened to Bullough. Even the Freep isn't talking about this unprompted.

Yes watching the cotton bowl is what made me think of it.

I still don't understand what the big deal is about just fucking saying what you (the royal you) think it was. It's not going to hurt him now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:09

I guess Mandarich would be a good precedent that you are better off keeping it a secret if it was steroids. I don't think he actually admitted it until 20 years later and by then nobody cared.

It will be a dark cloud that hangs over the program but I guess if we wait long enough the shit storm will never hit.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:13

Herbie Green wrote:I guess Mandarich would be a good precedent that you are better off keeping it a secret if it was steroids. I don't think he actually admitted it until 20 years later and by then nobody cared.

It will be a dark cloud that hangs over the program but I guess if we wait long enough the shit storm will never hit.

Agreed. Let the statue of limitations long since expire first
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:22

After signing with an agent, Max took is daily steroid injection. He then went to a local bar and hammered 8 shots of jager. He was pulled over by the Traverse City cops, played the " do you know who I am card" and was let go.

Feeling bullet proof, he then bought liquor for Coach D's under age daughters and took them to a party. While there, he hooked the girls up with some pot and coke. Finally, he took a piss of the balcony. While driving home, he was pulled over again. The cops let him go again and called his Dad to pick him.

Shane grounded him for the rest of Christmas break and called Coach D. He was then suspended.

At least this is what I heard.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:23

Herbie Green wrote:I guess Mandarich would be a good precedent that you are better off keeping it a secret if it was steroids. I don't think he actually admitted it until 20 years later and by then nobody cared.

Just because you keep saying it will be a dark cloud, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Doesn't make it true.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:25

InTenSity wrote:

Just because you keep saying it will be a dark cloud, over and over
Doesn't make it true.
He'd be right if that was our only successful year. But Max is long gone and we still went to the NY6 and have CFP expectations this year.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:30

So I guess the moral to the story is that it is better to not tell the truth so long as you win.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:31

Herbie Green wrote:So I guess the moral to the story is that it is better to not tell the truth so long as you win.
Are you new to college athletics?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:33

Herbie Green wrote:So I guess the moral to the story is that it is better to not tell the truth so long as you win.

What truth wasn't told? I'm getting a bit confused here. Sounds to me like the truth was definitely told to those who mattered and appropriate action was taken.

Don't share a college kids private information is a legitimate law. Take that for what it's worth. Our curiosity shouldn't be confused with the fact that the truth wasn't told to those who mattered. We, unfortunately, just don't matter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:50

Huh?

We won without him. I'm not following how it's a black mark (or a dark cloud), if he didn't play. You seem to have developed a scenario in your head, that what he did was so bad...that it would somehow impact the perception of a game he didn't play in?

Seriously. I'm not following your angst on this one.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 13:57

Not tell the truth to who?  The fans?  The media?  Why the hell do you think that you have a right to know?  Because you buy tickets?  Ok, so don't buy tickets anymore.  Guess what, there are countless other things that take place within the football program that we don't get the truth on.  We don't get recordings and transcripts of every conversation had by the coaches, the players, their families, etc.  Why aren't they telling us the truth????

Jebus, it's not like they lied to everyone about what happened and then didn't let him play. I'm starting to think (hope) that you're just trolling, because no one could be this dumb....can they?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:07

There is no black mark on the RB win, and to say otherwise is ridiculous. In fact, winning w/o their defensive leader adds to the glory of the day. Max's failure is his to own all by himself. The decision to remain tight-lipped by Max, the coaches, and his family, is their's to make. We fans aren't owed that. In fact, there are federal laws which prevent anyone speaking publicly about it without Max's approval.
I see the closer we get to kickoff, the more some people begin polishing off their Self-loathing Spartans costumes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:12

Have never understood Hair Shirt Spartans.

They ones that need to wear a hair shirt to be miserable about damned near every thing including successes.

There are bus loads of walverines, bucknuts and faux Irishmen who regularly dump on MSU.  Why folks who identify as MSU "fans" think everyone associated with MSU ahtletics has to spill their guts on every wrong doing that has taken place and the need to feel guilt about "tainted victories" is a mystery.

Go find a successful D3 program at a religious school and celebrate piety with every win using non-scholarship athletes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:18

GRR Spartan wrote:Go find a successful D3 program at a religious school and celebrate piety with every win using non-scholarship athletes.
Good call. I love the Master's College. So... What did Bullough DO? - Page 2 2275418548 So... What did Bullough DO? - Page 2 2275418548
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:21

duffy munn wrote:After signing with an agent, Max took is daily steroid injection. He then went to a local bar and hammered 8 shots of jager. He was pulled over by the Traverse City cops, played the " do you know who I am card" and was let go.

Feeling bullet proof, he then bought liquor for Coach D's under age daughters and took them to a party. While there, he hooked the girls up with some pot and coke. Finally, he took a piss of the balcony. While driving home, he was pulled over again. The cops let him go again and called his Dad to pick him.

Shane grounded him for the rest of Christmas break and called Coach D. He was then suspended.

At least this is what I heard.

I want to party with max!!!

All he was missing was distruction of property! !!!

Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:38

NigelUno wrote:

Huh?

We won without him. I'm not following how it's a black mark (or a dark cloud), if he didn't play. You seem to have developed a scenario in your head, that what he did was so bad...that it would somehow impact the perception of a game he didn't play in?

That's because you demand excellence and don't give a shit otherwise. Like psu fans
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:40

At least that's the case with most college sports fans. I get your stance however
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:43

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Huh?

That's because you demand excellence and don't give a shit otherwise. Like psu fans

An argument could be made that Max didn't meet the (excellence) standards necessary to play. But, that concept is probably over your head.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:53

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Huh?

Dude, seriously? Maybe if you had ANY evidence that Max did anything illegal, you could maybe draw such an exaggerated parallel. As it is, that's pretty fucking disgusting to make that link.

If word got out that whatever Max was doing was ongoing throughout the year (or longer) and that the coaches knew about it and didn't do anything, you know damn well that it would be a very different reaction from fans.

Is that what you're suggesting? Is that what you think of Dantonio and the staff? Sack up and say what the fuck you're getting at here.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 14:56

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

An argument could be made that Max didn't meet the (excellence) standards necessary to play. But, that concept is probably over your head.

Rather over my head than bury it into the ground like the rest of you minus 1
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:20

Poor ole Blanch32 slipping into -1 mode

If + and - are your game you are logging into the wrong board.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Dude, seriously? Maybe if you had ANY evidence that Max did anything illegal, you could maybe draw such an exaggerated parallel. As it is, that's pretty fucking disgusting to make that link.

If word got out that whatever Max was doing was ongoing throughout the year (or longer) and that the coaches knew about it and didn't do anything, you know damn well that it would be a very different reaction from fans.

Is that what you're suggesting? Is that what you think of Dantonio and the staff? Sack up and say what the fuck you're getting at here.

I'm not sure it's illegal....nor were the coaches involved. ...like sherminator and condoms
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:23

GRR Spartan wrote:Poor ole Blanch32 slipping into -1 mode

If + and - are your game you are logging into the wrong board.

Dude I led 247 in the - lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 15:24

Blanch32 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'm not sure it's illegal....nor were the coaches involved. ...like sherminator and condoms
Aren't you inferring that whatever happened is on par with Sandusky and PSU? That's pretty fucked up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next