Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite (store bought) pasta sauce?

+20
Robert J Sakimano
AMwood
Cym Jim
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
Triple Sparty
I.B. Fine
Vlad
InTenSity
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
HT
tGreenWay
By-Tor
y2kMgrad
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
DWags
Brock Middlebrook
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is your favorite (store bought) pasta sauce? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your favorite (store bought) pasta sauce?

Post by Brock Middlebrook Thu 13 Aug 2015 - 22:09

The Pantry wrote:
Rodeo Burger wrote:For those of you that make your own, a recipe would be appreciated.
Using my ingredient list it goes like this:

Sweat coarse chopped onions in olive oil over low heat until translucent with all spices except the sea salt. Add coarse diced garlic for 5-10 more minutes, then add the tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and add a little sea salt. Simmer covered 30-45 minutes and taste. Add more of the ingredients to taste and continue simmering covered, tasting occasionally. If adding more onion or garlic, sweat them first.

I hit the batch with a stick blender at the very end to smooth it all out.

Thank you.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite (store bought) pasta sauce? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your favorite (store bought) pasta sauce?

Post by y2kMgrad Thu 13 Aug 2015 - 22:37

Rodeo Burger wrote:For those of you that make your own, a recipe would be appreciated.

Cruise up to Meijer. Stroll down the pasta aisle until you find Prego Fresh Mushroom. Grab an extra small can of mushrooms pieces and stems to throw in cuz who doesn't want extra mushrooms amirite? Stop by the beer aisle on the way out. Pick up a sixer of Two Hearted. Get home and throw that sauce and mushrooms in a pan on medium with authority. Crack open a Two Hearted and wait till it bubbles. After you devour that shit come on tSwill and thank me for saving ur Sunday dinner.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3