Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him

+16
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Snake Plissken
kingstonlake
duffy munn
Turtleneck
The_Dude
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him - Page 2 Empty Re: Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him

Post by The_Dude Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I've never once heard, let alone used those terms.  

Did you become a MSU football fan when Dantonio was hired or what?

Not really sure how any MSU fan hasn't heard 'The Rant' on his Monday show following the ND loss in 2006.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him - Page 2 Empty Re: Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him

Post by The_Dude Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:29 pm

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:29 pm

"Somebody in East Lansing today, have the balls to ask Dave Baldwin where the hell was Jehu Caulcrick."
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:31 pm

"Run the option in Hurricane Katrina"

Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:33 pm

"I'd rather have H.R. Pufnstuf with Teddy Ruxpin as an assistant than to have you, in this booth, one more week"

(In regards to Chris Smeland the former DC'
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Valenti is at his worst when a local team is doing well. It ruins his whole schtick. Lions played arguably well last year during the regular season but could only focus in Suh leaving and how shitty Stafford is. I get it, they're not perfect. But Jesus they went what, 11-5?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:04 pm

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

As always, you miss the point. Lippett had star written all over him even when he was struggling. Valenti chose to use his pulpit to rip the kid.

He sucks and so do you.

It seems like you are mad that Valenti's job description isn't MSU cheerleader.

I'm not mad, just don't care for the way he tries to make the phones ring. On all topics not just MSU.

I'm happy you enjoy this hack but surprised you don't take offense to his anti-U of M stance. I figured you more of a Karsch and Anderson guy.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:08 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Valenti is at his worst when a local team is doing well. It ruins his whole schtick. Lions played arguably well last year during the regular season but could only focus in Suh leaving and how shitty Stafford is. I get it, they're not perfect. But Jesus they went what, 11-5?

Yep. Mikey rips on all things Detroit. When things are going well for Detroit sports teams it severely hinders his schtick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:16 pm

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

As always, you miss the point. Lippett had star written all over him even when he was struggling. Valenti chose to use his pulpit to rip the kid.

He sucks and so do you.

Exactly. Tony stone hands tiger was a bust the first year or so....definitely not ready to see the field.

But of course duffy goes into make believe land like he called it to begin with. Duffy let me guess it was you too defending nardqwg after the Texas Tech bowl game
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Exactly. Tony stone hands tiger was a bust the first year or so....definitely not ready to see the field.

But of course duffy goes into make believe land like he called it to begin with. Duffy let me guess it was you too defending nardqwg after the Texas Tech bowl game

I figured Lippett was going to be a player the first time I saw him in a spring game. Valenti chose to mock the kid on his pathetic radio show. Gutless. Just like with his callers that disagree with him.

As for Narduzzi, anyone with a clue could see he didn't have the horses to run system. Guys like you and Tanfan wanted him gone.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:07 pm

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I'm not mad, just don't care for the way he tries to make the phones ring. On all topics not just MSU.

I'm happy you enjoy this hack but surprised you don't take offense to his anti-U of M stance. I figured you more of a Karsch and Anderson guy.

Only other sports shows I listen to are Ryan and Rico on 105.1 from 10-12 and Matt Dery on 105.1 until Valenti Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him - Page 2 969504605
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:11 pm

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

That is quite literally his job.

Sports talk radio is stupid and I can't believe anyone listens to it still. Why do any of you care so much about Ted from down river thinks about anything? You might as well just go read some rcmb and call it a day.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Rocinante wrote:
duffy munn wrote:
Valenti is nothing but a shock jock/blow hard. Not surprising you are a fan.

Haven't listened to him in years, but I will tell the story again: I was on impact 88.9 right before his show and talked to him sometimes and he was always a really nice guy and was very knowledgeable about stats and teams (I don't know how much scheming / actual football knowledge he had). I don't know if that's changed, but I'll never have a problem with the guy.

I met him once at a party in royal oak before the final four. He stopped in because he knew some rcmbers would be there. He was really funny. Too bad he got chased off the board by idiots like Muffy.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I figured Lippett was going to be a player the first time I saw him in a spring game. Valenti chose to mock the kid on his pathetic radio show. Gutless. Just like with his callers that disagree with him.

As for Narduzzi, anyone with a clue could see he didn't have the horses to run system. Guys like you and Tanfan wanted him gone.

bwaaa haaa muffys back to spew his hateful venom. If you don't toot the fanboy horn your not a true Spartan!! I love how he and Nigel both obsess over me---like my opinions fucking matter. Cracks me up.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

bwaaa haaa muffys back to spew his hateful venom. If you don't toot the fanboy horn your not a true Spartan!! I love how he and Nigel both obsess over me---like my opinions fucking matter. Cracks me up.

DRINKING GAME ALERT
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:28 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

The guy who openly camapayned to keep Bobby and then to give smeland more time
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sincerely,

He loved jls too. It's his way or no way. Muffy will tell us all how to be fans.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sports talk radio is stupid and I can't believe anyone listens to it still. Why do any of you care so much about Ted from down river thinks about anything? You might as well just go read some rcmb and call it a day.
I listen to it when I'm in the car or at the gym but I hate music. 

I generally prefer 105.1 to The Ticket because of aforementioned format. I really like Dery's show. My wife used to be a colleague of Maz's wife and I've sat and chatted with the guy. He is the best. Absolute sweetheart. 

I've also met Valenti a number of times. Seems like a decent dude. I'm sure part of it is generating calls but I legitimately think that's how he thinks about sports. I've heard him admit that he's a tortured soul when it comes to sports. It's the NY in him. Nothing is ever good enough. Hell I'm pretty sure he still hates Eli Manning as a QB. 

Whatever, don't really care much for their show. I'd say Mike has a better handle on the local sports scene than a lot of other radio guys. He does do his homework. But he also is a bit of a blowhard and likes to project that he knows more than he really does.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

He loved jls too. It's his way or no way. Muffy will tell us all how to be fans.

....and that everything positive that happens to msu he already knew. Like when he was jogging in the park leven bell grew up on...duffy, the art lover
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:41 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I listen to it when I'm in the car or at the gym but I hate music. 

I generally prefer 105.1 to The Ticket because of aforementioned format. I really like Dery's show. My wife used to be a colleague of Maz's wife and I've sat and chatted with the guy. He is the best. Absolute sweetheart. 

I've also met Valenti a number of times. Seems like a decent dude. I'm sure part of it is generating calls but I legitimately think that's how he thinks about sports. I've heard him admit that he's a tortured soul when it comes to sports. It's the NY in him. Nothing is ever good enough. Hell I'm pretty sure he still hates Eli Manning as a QB. 

Whatever, don't really care much for their show. I'd say Mike has a better handle on the local sports scene than a lot of other radio guys. He does do his homework. But he also is a bit of a blowhard and likes to project that he knows more than he really does.

Who hates music? Like, all music?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

My hatred of music and white sauce defines me so sure, let's go with all music.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 pm

You hate white sauce too? Like, all white sauce?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 pm

I have always found this Valenti aspect fascinating. The rant shines through more to the core of being a die hard Spartan than anything ever done in the media, yet the ultra sunshine optimists who think they are more Spartan than you are somehow offended by it. Very bizzare. I guess some fans just don't "get it"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

Hated the JLS hire and wanted Bobby gone when he was clueless about Smoker.

I know you will ignore this ( you have for years) but it's the truth.

You can go back to fiction now.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:03 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sincerely,

More fiction.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:05 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Hated the JLS hire and wanted Bobby gone when he was clueless about Smoker.

I know you will ignore this ( you have for years) but it's the truth.

You can go back to fiction now.

Tanfan is morphing into a stalking version of Blanch. So obsessed with Duffy he's stalking him on The Swill. Its sad because Tanfan was a self-appointed "legend" and a pot stirrer but stalking is something relatively new.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You hate white sauce too? Like, all white sauce?
Supposedly Arnett was open all night and Cook missed him - Page 2 1401550746
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:47 pm

I just charted every one of Cook's passes in the WMU game, which ones Arnett was on the field for, and what happened on those plays. The results may surprise you.

Tune in to tSwill on Wednesday for the full breakdown.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:48 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Alfredo sauce is nasty. Ranch dressing is awesome. Mayo is ok on sandwiches but I don't really care about it either way.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

You don't like Alfredo?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:02 am

y2kMgrad wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Alfredo sauce is nasty. Ranch dressing is awesome. Mayo is ok on sandwiches but I don't really care about it either way.

How can you discuss Alfredo and ranch dressing as if one has anything to do with the other?!? This thread just got fuckin weird.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:04 am

Rocinante wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

How can you discuss Alfredo and ranch dressing as if one has anything to do with the other?!? This thread just got fuckin weird.

I like to get one of those lean cuisine Alfredo dishes, throw it in the microwave then cover it in a healthy amount of ranch dressing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:05 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:I just charted every one of Cook's passes in the WMU game, which ones Arnett was on the field for, and what happened on those plays. The results may surprise you.

That is called a teaser.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:39 am

Rocinante wrote:

I like to get one of those lean cuisine Alfredo dishes, throw it in the microwave then cover it in a healthy amount of ranch dressing.

Now that is fucking disgusting

Chipotle mayo on a good sandwich... tasty

Lean cuisine anything - gross. Throwing ranch on it is funny, but still nasty
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:44 am

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

I get the Mac n cheese ones too. And ranch em.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 am

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

I get the Mac n cheese ones too. And ranch em.

Woof
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:26 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I've never once heard, let alone used those terms.  

Did you become a MSU football fan when Dantonio was hired or what?

My first MSU football game was Duffy's last at michigan stadium. Your question, along with my answer, have nothing to do with the fact that those phrases aren't known outside of Valenti's audience.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:28 am

duffy munn wrote:

/thread
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:I just charted every one of Cook's passes in the WMU game, which ones Arnett was on the field for, and what happened on those plays.  The results may surprise you.

I'm trying to think of one example in his career where Cook would think there is reason to expect that Arnett would warrant more than a "meh" when going through his progressions looking for an open receiver.

But that's just me being a sunshine optimist.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

More fiction.

Like how you were vocally against the roushar promotion? Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next