Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2015 Detroit Tigers thread

+13
Triple Sparty
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
Giant Moose
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
DWags
The Pantry
Ass Dan
Rocinante
xsanguine
aualum06
kingstonlake
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

tOfficial 2015 Detroit Tigers thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial 2015 Detroit Tigers thread

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 23:40

GRR Spartan wrote:What bullpen?

You watching this? They are about to blow a five run lead.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2015 Detroit Tigers thread - Page 7 Empty Re: tOfficial 2015 Detroit Tigers thread

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 23:44

7-4
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 23:46

Whew.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 0:17

Watching the Tigers in late innings is like watching Nascar at Taladaga.  You know probability of a massive wreck is huge.

It looked like it was going to be another July 11 game where they squandered a 6-1 lead after Verlander had his best effort all year allowing 1 run.

There was even a glimpse of the old Verlander when he ended a bases loaded inning after going to a full count getting a called 3rd strike with a fastball that moved.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 6:21

GRR Spartan wrote:Watching the Tigers in late innings is like watching Nascar at Taladaga.  You know probability of a massive wreck is huge.

It looked like it was going to be another July 11 game where they squandered a 6-1 lead after Verlander had his best effort all year allowing 1 run.

There was even a glimpse of the old Verlander when he ended a bases loaded inning after going to a full count getting a called 3rd strike with a fastball that moved.
It is nice to know we have one starter for next year.

So far the rotation looks like:

Verlander
Sanchez???
Norris????????
Boyd??????????????
???????????????????
?????????????????????

A solid group.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Watching the Tigers in late innings is like watching Nascar at Taladaga.  You know probability of a massive wreck is huge.

It is nice to know we have one starter for next year.

So far the rotation looks like:

Verlander
Sanchez???
Norris????????
Boyd??????????????
???????????????????
?????????????????????

A solid group.

Yep, it's bad. Don't forget about Fullmer. Fullmer according to every Met fan I know is the real deal. I guess for us it just depends on when he'll be ready.

I have no idea how Avilla is going to do it, but I'm guessing the answer is to find a bunch of middle tier pitchers that can hold down an under 3.8 era and pitch 6-7 innings. If we can achieve that it should help improve the bullpen tremendously.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 10:27

Avila has already said he's shopping for 2 starting arms.

Also don't give up on Shane Greene yet. He's got to figure things out but he can be an effective middle rotation starter if he ever does figure it out. It's a big if, but he has good stuff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 10:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Avila has already said he's shopping for 2 starting arms.

Also don't give up on Shane Greene yet. He's got to figure things out but he can be an effective middle rotation starter if he ever does figure it out. It's a big if, but he has good stuff.
Perhaps out of Greene, Lobstein and Fullmer we can get one starter?   There are going to be a bunch of possibles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 10:47

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Avila has already said he's shopping for 2 starting arms.

Perhaps out of Greene, Lobstein and Fullmer we can get one starter?   There are going to be a bunch of possibles.

I haven't watched Norris since he's returned. How has he looked his last couple of outings?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 14:25

Is Farmer a starting prospect?

What about Simon? What's his contract situation?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 14:36

Rangers going to win tonight?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 14:52

Simon is FA. He won't be back. Farmer is a starting prospect but I don't think he's ready yet. If that weren't already obvious.

I wouldn't find the Tigers tonight. Norris has been throwing really well in his last few starts, and the Rangers have lost 4 in a row. Under maybe with Hamels on the hill for Texas. Might look at fading them tomorrow vs. Gallardo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 14:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Simon is FA. He won't be back. Farmer is a starting prospect but I don't think he's ready yet. If that weren't already obvious.

I wouldn't find the Tigers tonight. Norris has been throwing really well in his last few starts, and the Rangers have lost 4 in a row. Under maybe with Hamels on the hill for Texas. Might look at fading them tomorrow vs. Gallardo.

Shit I liked the rangers with Hamels on the hill. Can't they clinch?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 15:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rangers going to win tonight?

Norris vs. Hammel. My guess is Texas wins it, Martinez is out tonight. Last night once Verlander hit the bench this team looked like it was in serious trouble.

I see this as a great test for Norris. If he can go 7 innings and give up 2-3 runs I'd say that's encouraging.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 22:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Simon is FA. He won't be back. Farmer is a starting prospect but I don't think he's ready yet. If that weren't already obvious.

So I was a bit off here. 7-6 in the 6th. 

I officially moved it to a side TV to watch Mad Baum vs. Kershaw. I'm not gonna pull a Steve and do a PbP for a Natty League game ( Wink) but this should be fun.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 8:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

So I was a bit off here. 7-6 in the 6th. 

I officially moved it to a side TV to watch Mad Baum vs. Kershaw. I'm not gonna pull a Steve and do a PbP for a Natty League game ( Wink) but this should be fun.

My dodger friends are on cloud nine today, but that wont last long. Very much looking forward to the mets vs dodgers and I think the fun is going to end soon for LA.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 21:14

Yoenis just left the game after being hit in the hand with a pitch.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 23:13

Holy shit! Grrspartan did you see that? Castellanos just made the best play I've seen him made all year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 23:15

And followed it with a double at the plate!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 23:18

Dumb ass review.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 2:29

Cespedes with a bruise....no break.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 2 Oct 2015 - 21:52

Naturally Alfredo Simon is keeping pace with Chris Sale (with no Victor or Miggy in the lineup) when I have CWS -1.5. 

Sox 2, Tigers 1 bottom 7.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 8:43

9th inning last night was the season in a nut sgell
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 8:44

9th inning last night was the season in a nut shell
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 9:34

aualum06 wrote:9th inning last night was the season in a nut shell

Yep, the only thing missing was some Tiger base runner making an out on the bases in the top o of the 9th.

Love it how Rod gushes about Rajai's base stealing skills, "best in the AL" over last several years, blah, blah, blay,  followed by "but he is unlikely to go against this lefty".  And of course they use an out to move the "AL's best base stealer" to 2nd.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 10:54

WBill wrote:
aualum06 wrote:9th inning last night was the season in a nut shell

Yep, the only thing missing was some Tiger base runner making an out on the bases in the top o of the 9th.

Love it how Rod gushes about Rajai's base stealing skills, "best in the AL" over last several years, blah, blah, blay,  followed by "but he is unlikely to go against this lefty".  And of course they use an out to move the "AL's best base stealer" to 2nd.

Rajai sucks and so does Rod. They are such homers gushing in the fifth or sixth how the tigers are only a player or two away and have a ton of young talent.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 12:57

Rod's probably auditioning for his next job or making sure he's putting extra emphasis on the talking points the club gives the broadcast teams for each game.

The team has found a catcher although Avila is getting today's start as a probable farewell gesture. They need to keep Machado on the roster given Inglesias' missing games due to multiple (and legitimate) injuries. The outfield needs two pieces unless Gose can hit closer to .275-.280 with fewer K's then its find a left fielder and Castellanos is still a project at 3rd.

It's still pitching, pitching, pitching. Verlander looks to have found his way but Sanchez hasn't been able to stay healthy. Probably looking for solid #3 and 4 starters, 2 middle relievers and a closer.

Better have the checkbook open.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 18:10

At least they closed it out with a 6-0 win.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 18:37

Kevin Pauga@KevinPauga 24m24 minutes ago
Kevin Pauga Retweeted Adam Amin
Every @MLB team has now made postseason in the 21st century. Any guess who has the longest postseason drought now?

Pretty amazing parity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 19:07

I'd just guess the Mariners have the longest drought now.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 19:09

Death Roe wrote:I'd just guess the Mariners have the longest drought now.

You just won the grand prize.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 19:11

Which is...???
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 4 Oct 2015 - 19:15

Death Roe wrote:Which is...???

Don't know, have to check with the prize committee. Not sure what kind of budget we have around here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 14:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Rod's probably auditioning for his next job or making sure he's putting extra emphasis on the talking points the club gives the broadcast teams for each game.

The team has found a catcher although Avila is getting today's start as a probable farewell gesture. They need to keep Machado on the roster given Inglesias' missing games due to multiple (and legitimate) injuries. The outfield needs two pieces unless Gose can hit closer to .275-.280 with fewer K's then its find a left fielder and Castellanos is still a project at 3rd.

It's still pitching, pitching, pitching. Verlander looks to have found his way but Sanchez hasn't been able to stay healthy. Probably looking for solid #3 and 4 starters, 2 middle relievers and a closer.

I think it will take the Tigers 2 seasons to turn it around. There's too many holes for them to be right back in it again. I forget the specific contracts/players but this should be the royals last year. With a weaker KC club in 2016 and a slightly above average pitching staff tigers might be able to compete for the central title. I think it's a long shot though
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 14:52

steveschneider wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Rod's probably auditioning for his next job or making sure he's putting extra emphasis on the talking points the club gives the broadcast teams for each game.

The team has found a catcher although Avila is getting today's start as a probable farewell gesture.  They need to keep Machado on the roster given Inglesias' missing games due to multiple (and legitimate) injuries.  The outfield needs two pieces unless Gose can hit closer to .275-.280 with fewer K's then its find a left fielder and Castellanos is still a project at 3rd.

It's still pitching, pitching, pitching.  Verlander looks to have found his way but Sanchez hasn't been able to stay healthy.  Probably looking for solid #3 and 4 starters, 2 middle relievers and a closer.

I think it will take the Tigers 2 seasons to turn it around.  There's too many holes for them to be right back in it again.  I forget the specific contracts/players but this should be the royals last year.   With a weaker KC club in 2016 and a slightly above average pitching staff tigers might be able to compete for the central title. I think it's a long shot though
Did you read Henning's article today? He expects them to spend. He says they will be shopping for 2 FA SPs, a closer, another bp arm and a LF at minimum. I think a team like this could compete and compete well:

JV, Anibal, Iwakuma, Fister, Norris/Greene

1. Gose 
2. Kinsler
3. Miggy
4. JDM
5. Healthy VMart
6. Zobrist
7. Castellanos
8. McCann
9. Iglesias

Bullpen: Hardy, Wilson, Rondon, Boyd, O'Day (FA), AlAl/Jiminez/Norris/Greene
Closer: Kimbrel/Chapman

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2015/10/04/tigers-pursuit-free-agents-robust-expensive/73352130/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Which is...???

Don't know, have to check with the prize committee. Not sure what kind of budget we have around here.

Swill bucks. For use in the swill store...."coming soon!!"
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think it will take the Tigers 2 seasons to turn it around.  There's too many holes for them to be right back in it again.  I forget the specific contracts/players but this should be the royals last year.   With a weaker KC club in 2016 and a slightly above average pitching staff tigers might be able to compete for the central title. I think it's a long shot though
Did you read Henning's article today? He expects them to spend. He says they will be shopping for 2 FA SPs, a closer, another bp arm and a LF at minimum. I think a team like this could compete and compete well:

JV, Anibal, Iwakuma, Fister, Norris/Greene

1. Gose 
2. Kinsler
3. Miggy
4. JDM
5. Healthy VMart
6. Zobrist
7. Castellanos
8. McCann
9. Iglesias

Bullpen: Hardy, Wilson, Rondon, Boyd, O'Day (FA), AlAl/Jiminez/Norris/Greene
Closer: Kimbrel/Chapman

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2015/10/04/tigers-pursuit-free-agents-robust-expensive/73352130/

Wow, sounds like they are really going to open up the spending. Just read the article and I have to say I do believe that would get us towards the top of the central.

I was mainly relieved that they are resolved to finally fixing the bullpen.

I actually think the bp would have been 'improved' this year if we had a decent starting rotation. Wilson is solid, Soria was solid and I think overall the rest of the guys would have been slightly better if we could have counted on more of our starting rotation to give a quality start.

I will also add this, I think Chapman goes to the Yankees. I think Cashman will drop the big bucks for him. Still what I read in that article is very encouraging, if we get a good closer that can take care of the 9th it will be a huge step in the right direction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015 - 4:36

Dave Hogg ‏@Stareagle 5h5 hours ago

There's only one possible outcome to this postseason, and every Tigers fan knows it. It's going to come down to a Cespedes vs. Price at bat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7