Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016/17 Hoops Thread

+35
Steve81
Jim Delany
AnomanderRake
GRR Spartan
MattyFresh
steveschneider
Death Roe
DWags
CheesySpartan
Heathens '87
Nordic
aualum06
Ted Brogan
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
duffy munn
Turtleneck
The_Dude
Rocinante
SpartanInNH
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
SeeRockCity
NigelUno
BleacherSwill
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
gomersbro
39 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

2016/17 Hoops Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/17 Hoops Thread

Post by DWags 2016-04-06, 08:38

Welp, here's "New News" about JJ from the other board. I'll save you the four sentences: Nobody knows a fucking thing yet.

Here is the latest for you to speculate wildly with however:

"Over the weekend, Jackson made his case to his camp on why he wants to attend Michigan State and win a championship with his childhood friends, Miles Bridges and Cassius Winston. Some people close to Jackson still feel Kansas is a better fit for him. One reason Jackson’s camp has a problem with Michigan State is because they felt the MSU coaches just recruited Josh and left them out of his recruiting process.

We are told that Izzo treated Josh like an adult and recruited him to play for Michigan State. Josh has made it public that he knows what school he wants sign with, but he will wait a few weeks before he announces. We are told that Josh wants to make sure that everyone is 100 percent on the same page before he makes his announcement public."
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-06, 08:42

DWags wrote:Welp, here's "New News" about JJ from the other board. I'll save you the four sentences: Nobody knows a fucking thing yet.

"Over the weekend, Jackson made his case to his camp on why he wants to attend Michigan State and win a championship with his childhood friends, Miles Bridges and Cassius Winston. Some people close to Jackson still feel Kansas is a better fit for him. One reason Jackson’s camp has a problem with Michigan State is because they felt the MSU coaches just recruited Josh and left them out of his recruiting process.

We are told that Izzo treated Josh like an adult and recruited him to play for Michigan State. Josh has made it public that he knows what school he wants sign with, but he will wait a few weeks before he announces. We are told that Josh wants to make sure that everyone is 100 percent on the same page before he makes his announcement public."

My crystal ball is still Green.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-04-06, 08:46

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Welp, here's "New News" about JJ from the other board. I'll save you the four sentences: Nobody knows a fucking thing yet.

My crystal ball is still Green.

Unfortunately, my balls are just sagging on this one.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-06, 09:08

If what Dwags posted is true, that's kinda ridiculous. Sounds like another MM situation, and if Momma was on board, I don't think it would be an issue, but there could be a rift there. Does it really matter where he goes to school though? Isn't he basically guaranteed a top 5 pick next year?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-06, 09:15

Michigan State ranks in top six of most way-too-early 2016-17 polls
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-06, 12:33

Link is "insider" so I've copied some relevant material here.  Not bad to have 2 of the top 19 and possibly 3....and that's ignoring Mr. Basketball in Michigan.   Quite the recruiting haul.

Ranking college basketball's top 25 freshmen for 2016-17

1. Josh Jackson, uncommitted

2. Harry Giles, Duke Blue Devils

Jackson isn't our No. 1 player in the ESPN 100 -- and he's not No. 1 in John Gasaway's top 25 players in college basketball next season. Both of those honors go to Giles. As a result, it feels necessary to put these two players together in order to give my explanation.

First, Jackson is the best two-way player entering the college game. He was one of the best defensive players in the country the past couple of seasons, showing an ability to guard multiple positions on the ball and play passing lanes and help defense off the ball. His length and awareness are on another level -- which will help him adapt immediately to the college game. At last month's McDonald's All American game, Jackson played lockdown defense on Jayson Tatum, who might have the best offensive skill set of anyone in the high school game. Moreover, Jackson has a winner's mindset, more than anyone else in the 2016 class. Jackson will get on his teammates and should bring leadership right off the bat.

Then there's fit. Jackson is uncommitted right now, but his final three schools are Michigan State, Kansas and Arizona. All three will be somewhere between five and 15 in most preseason top-25 rankings, regardless of where Jackson decides to go. But Jackson could mean the difference between a second-tier Final Four contender and a top-three preseason ranking and national title contender. He would replace Wayne Selden at Kansas, Valentine at Michigan State and be the perfect Sean Miller type of player at Arizona. Jackson would automatically lift any of these three teams into elite territory toward the top of the national rankings.

Giles is terrific, no doubt. He has been considered the best player in his high school class for several years now, and is a future No. 1 pick contender. But Giles suffered a partially torn ACL in his right knee early November, and while he should be fully recovered from the injury by the time the season begins next season, it's not a lock he will be 100 percent mentally. Remember, Giles tore the ACL, MCL and meniscus in his left knee back in June 2013 -- and he wasn't the same player until well more than one year later. That was a much more severe injury, but two serious knee injuries in the span of 2½ years can be difficult to overcome, both physically and mentally.

We're expecting Giles to be one of the best frontcourt players in college basketball next season. He will obviously start immediately for Duke. But given his injuries and Jackson's ability to single-handedly vault whichever school he chooses into the national title discussion, we're giving the edge to Jackson.

8. Miles Bridges, Michigan State Spartans

Bridges will be one of the biggest matchup problems in the Big Ten next season. He's a strong, left-handed forward who is too athletic and mobile for most big forwards and too powerful for the skinnier wings. Bridges is at his best in transition, where he can use his terrific leaping ability to finish over defenders at the rim, but he's also a good 3-point shooter who can spread the floor or go off the bounce. Moreover, Michigan State needs him to step in right away and play a big role. Valentine is gone and Jackson might be headed elsewhere; Bridges could become the go-to-guy in East Lansing early in his career.

19. Josh Langford, Michigan State Spartans

He might not get as much hype as some of the other five-star prospects, but Langford's ability to score will be needed by Tom Izzo right away. Valentine's do-everything skill set is gone, so the Spartans will need multiple players to help replace him. Moreover, Bryn Forbes is also gone. Langford has a college-ready body for the wing and will bring his slashing, playmaking style to East Lansing. He's a good shooter out to the perimeter, but is at his best when beating his man off the dribble and getting into the paint. Langford loves contact and is a solid passer for a wing player. Izzo will love his defensive versatility as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-06, 12:42

Browsed t cock cause this place is dead without moose apparently.

Solid source. "
Just took a look at the Kansas board to see what they were saying... there's a poster in their JJ thread saying Jackson told Kansas' staff he was probably signing with them last week and then recently called to say nevermind."
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-06, 12:46

Guys if you don't remember, here is some more background on JJ's mom, Apple Jones.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/2015/12/04/josh-jackson-basketball-recruiting/76797766/

She founded the 1Nation AAU team that he plays for. They have an endorsement deal with UA. I doubt she's looking for handouts (not that anyone here is suggesting otherwise).

However, we can guess that dealing with any player or parent who is that involved in that scene means that the recruitment and player's camp likely has a lot of layers to it. And it makes sense based on what we know of TI's recruiting history that he probably deals or doesn't deal with some of those layers differently than other HCs at other programs do. That may be a factor.

It also may be the gf down the road in AA. It may be friends in Detroit. It may be other things. It may be a combination of all or some of them.

What seems pretty clear from the things I've read from people with access is that JJ wants to be at MSU and his mom does not think that's the best place for him. She may have very good reasons. And either side may soften in their stance at some point.

I know Izzo was in Oakland last night for the Dubs game. I'm sure he's going to pay JJ and Apple a visit in the next couple of days so hopefully he can win those over who are resisting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-06, 12:57

I hope Izzo takes Day Day with him to JJ's house. I hope Day Day can convince JJ's mom that Izzo does do very well with player development. I thinkk he will.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-06, 13:04

Apple should call Joya Crowell for some info on MSU if she really has any hesitations.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-06, 13:06

Wbh is this solid info
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-06, 13:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wbh is this solid info

Kissing up to him now after the MLBTV thing, eh? You're so damned transparent.

Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-06, 13:28

I didn't really provide any info.

Yes she founded the AAU team (see article) and yes Izzo was at the Dubs game last night.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-06, 13:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yes she founded the AAU team (see article) and yes Izzo was at the Dubs game last night.

Solid.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-06, 13:32

You kinda did wbh.

What seems pretty clear from the things I've read from people with access is that JJ wants to be at MSU and his mom does not think that's the best place for him
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-06, 13:33

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Solid.

Gold.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-06, 13:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You kinda did wbh.

What seems pretty clear from the things I've read from people with access is that JJ wants to be at MSU and his mom does not think that's the best place for him

Who are these people with access?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-06, 13:50

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You kinda did wbh.

Who are these people with access?

Thats what wbh said. Thats why I asked if it solid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-04-06, 13:50

WBH is Izzo. No wonder Moose hates him.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-06, 14:02

Death Roe wrote:WBH is Izzo. No wonder Moose hates him.
If true, I did shots with Izzo!
2016/17 Hoops Thread - Page 2 969504605
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-11, 19:01

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 58s59 seconds ago
Maryland freshman big man Diamond Stone is gone to the NBA while Melo Trimble will declare without an agent, sources told ESPN.

======
Sulieman graduated, Carter already declared - Stone & Trimble gone will nearly completely gut Maryland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-12, 09:04

I still can't believe that Clark is transferring. Bess makes sense. Hopefully Goins is able to come back, I never did hear what the injury was against MTSU, I'm assuming it was ACL though. That's gonna be tough mentally, first game back and reinjure yourself...
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-12, 09:05

#Excited

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-12, 12:19

With Davis now leaving I'll be surprised if Izzo doesn't go looking for a grad transfer to help out in the frontcourt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-13, 15:22

Future Spartans Bridges, Winston: Nothing handed to us
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-04-13, 17:02

LooseGoose wrote:With Davis now leaving I'll be surprised if Izzo doesn't go looking for a grad transfer to help out in the frontcourt.

Dipshit on tCock is losing his mind over that possibility.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-14, 17:18

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m4 minutes ago
Looks like it’s Michigan vs. Michigan State for Detroit opening. Wolverines assistant Bacari Alexander & Spartans assistant Dwayne Stephens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-14, 17:40

LooseGoose wrote:Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m4 minutes ago
Looks like it’s Michigan vs. Michigan State for Detroit opening. Wolverines assistant Bacari Alexander & Spartans assistant Dwayne Stephens.

Wut
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-14, 17:53

If Stephens moved on, I wonder if Izzo would promote Fife or think about bringing Gregory back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-14, 17:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Wut

Opening at UDM to replace Ray McCallum.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-18, 16:13

Report: UNLV grad transfer Ben Carter considering Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-20, 17:21

Dwayne is spared.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Detroit and Michigan assistant Bacari Alexander are finalizing a deal, sources told ESPN.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-27, 07:52

Uncommon work ethic has Michigan State signee Joshua Langford ready for next step
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-04-27, 08:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Dwayne is spared.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Detroit and Michigan assistant Bacari Alexander are finalizing a deal, sources told ESPN.

UDM is about to be the home of the stupidest pregame speeches in the NCAA.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 10:04

Ask Austin: On Michigan State's frontcourt mix, recruiting, freshmen and schedules

Some interesting stuff at the end of this RE:Champions Classic and Gavitt Games.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 14:32

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 7m7 minutes ago
MSU basketball great Al Ferrari, Spartans' first 1,000-point scorer, dies at 82 http://on.lsj.com/1T121ar

2016/17 Hoops Thread - Page 2 ChtnMrHWkAAD4Vi
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-10, 06:49

What we know and don't know about Michigan State's basketball schedule in 2016-17
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-16, 11:04

isportsweb: Tom Izzo, Michigan State have the talent to be dangerous
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-16, 14:19

More hoops stories for your afternoon....

Looking ahead: Youth movement will help Michigan State leave upset in past

Observations: The Big Ten is bound for a big shakeup in 2016-17
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-18, 16:25

Kevin Pauga ‏@KevinPauga 11m11 minutes ago
Help @MSU_Basketball schedule exhibition games! We pick opponents. Will schedule 2 dates. When should we play & why?

2016/17 Hoops Thread - Page 2 Ciw8fMMUgAA3Myp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next