Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+32
The_Dude
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
gomersbro
MiamiSpartan
tMysterious #4
tig ol bitties
duffy munn
Giant Moose
Watch Out Pylon!
tTy
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
Heat Miser
The Pantry
DoogieHouser
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
36 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 21:54

I read some other stuff. Sounds like his mom really wants him in state at PSU. She's in love with the school. If MSU gets him on campus sounds like we have a pretty good chance but mom doesn't really want that to happen. Oh well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Turtleneck Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 22:00

Parents are weird. Obviously he's a kid with the talent to develop into an NFL prospect. Look at Dantonio's record with RBs. Look at the state of PSU under Franklin. Oh well. He was never a committ so it's not a big deal.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 22:02

True, I guess you could look at it as he has 1 guy in front of him at PSU, and he's probably got 3 in front of him here. Sounds like he's got a soft spot for us, though, and it's a huge takeaway from Coach D's presser the other day that he wants a speed/home run guy. The staff I'm sure will work their asses off to get him on campus and see where things go from there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 22:05

The good news is he said he is "100% committed." If recruiting is like coaching, PSU fans should be worried. 100% of coaches who say they are 100% committed leave for a better job.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 22:15

Turtleneck wrote:Mlive reporting Sanders will not visit MSU.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/penn_state_5-star_rb_commit_mi.html

He tweeted he was taking no more visits earlier today - I think he still sneaks into EL. We'll see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 17 Jan 2016 - 22:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Mlive reporting Sanders will not visit MSU.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/penn_state_5-star_rb_commit_mi.html

He tweeted he was taking no more visits earlier today - I think he still sneaks into EL. We'll see.

Their report is based on his Tweets. Nothing more. As we know, a kid will change their mind from time-to-time.

Five-star center Caleb Swanigan committed to Michigan State nearly three weeks ago. Nothing has changed since then.

"I'm 100 percent," Swanigan said Tuesday of his commitment to the Spartans.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 11:55

Loooooooooong Time scUM commit.....

==============

Michael Onwenu ‏@_MXKEY 18m18 minutes ago
Blessed to announce I've just received an offer from Michigan State #Spartans

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 CZAnWj6WYAAF8Db
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 12:43

LooseGoose wrote:Loooooooooong Time scUM commit.....

==============

Michael Onwenu ‏@_MXKEY 18m18 minutes ago
Blessed to announce I've just received an offer from Michigan State #Spartans

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 CZAnWj6WYAAF8Db

Didn't he just take his Official Visit to Ann Arbor?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 13:50

Has ship sailed on 5-star RB Miles Sanders to Michigan State?
http://spartanavenue.com/2016/01/18/has-ship-sailed-on-5-star-rb-miles-sanders-to-michigan-state/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 15:38

TV Signing Day Special to announce college choices of Michigan's top-rated high school football players
http://www.mmdnewswire.com/tv-signing-day-michigan-top-rated-high-school-football-players-131609.html

- Tom Markowski, State Champs! analyst and former high school sports beat writer for the Detroit News;

- Scott Bernstein, Oakland Press staff writer;

- Allen Trieu, recruiting analyst for Scout.com;

- Rico Beard, cohost of the Ryan & Rico Show on Detroit Sports 105.1 FM;

- Sam Webb, Go Blue Wolverines magazine editor and cohost of The Michigan Insider on WTKA-AM in Ann Arbor.

Anybody analysts from tSwill attending this event?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 15:40

Turtleneck wrote:TV Signing Day Special to announce college choices of Michigan's top-rated high school football players
http://www.mmdnewswire.com/tv-signing-day-michigan-top-rated-high-school-football-players-131609.html

- Tom Markowski, State Champs! analyst and former high school sports beat writer for the Detroit News;

- Scott Bernstein, Oakland Press staff writer;

- Allen Trieu, recruiting analyst for Scout.com;

- Rico Beard, cohost of the Ryan & Rico Show on Detroit Sports 105.1 FM;

- Sam Webb, Go Blue Wolverines magazine editor and cohost of The Michigan Insider on WTKA-AM in Ann Arbor.

Anybody analysts from tSwill attending this event?

Do we have a staff paint ball gun with green bullets?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 15:42

Please be nice to Sam, Loose. Ok, don't be nice to that asshole.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 17:27

Luke Campbell
See all 1 predictions
Michigan State
MIST
Sean Scherer By Sean Scherer on 1/18/16 2:20PM

Wiffing on offensive lineman. More JUCO's and projects. We've seen this for years.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:59

Nigel, article says he visited UM on 1/16/16. $9.95 please.

Michigan State offers scholarship to 2016 OL Michael Onwenu, a Michigan commit.
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1633597-flyin-to-the-hoop-day-three
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:29

Despite saying he’s “100 percent” committed to Penn State, here’s why Miles Sanders should flip to Michigan State.

http://spartanavenue.com/2016/01/19/miles-sanders-5-reasons-why-5-star-rb-should-flip-to-michigan-state/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:33

Turtleneck wrote:
Despite saying he’s “100 percent” committed to Penn State, here’s why Miles Sanders should flip to Michigan State.
Didn't he cancel an official with MSU? I just find it so hard to get concerned with recruiting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:35

Turtleneck wrote:

http://spartanavenue.com/2016/01/19/miles-sanders-5-reasons-why-5-star-rb-should-flip-to-michigan-state/

That's such a dogshit website. I've read a few of their articles and they're cringeworthy.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:41

Did you read this one? Said Holmes and Williams could be playing different positions next year. Especially Williams.

I don't know about that. I really thought Holmes showed a lot of potential.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:56

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That's such a dogshit website. I've read a few of their articles and they're cringeworthy.

I didn't read it. But he had five points why he should flip with 5 paragraph essays supporting each point so it must be convincing.
Has this been tweeted to the kid so he makes the correct decision?

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 19:48

BIG TEN IMBALANCE CONTINUES AS EAST DIVISION DOMINATES FOOTBALL RECRUITING
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 19:52

Turtleneck wrote:Did you read this one? Said Holmes and Williams could be playing different positions next year. Especially Williams.

I don't know about that. I really thought Holmes showed a lot of potential.

Potential ain't gonna get us to the next step. We're past potential. These moves would indicate that there's more talent coming up behind those guys (hopefully).
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 19:54

Ok
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 12:27

So when recruiting reporters (lol) say that they'll "check with sources", are they just carpet bombing anyone who may know the recruit and asking them where the kid is going? If I were a recruit, who would these reporters call to try and get info for their crystal ballz? Seems weird to me. Anyone who is close with a recruit wouldn't be spoiling the decision, I hope
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 12:55

Tim Wakefield wrote:So when recruiting reporters (lol) say that they'll "check with sources", are they just carpet bombing anyone who may know the recruit and asking them where the kid is going? If I were a recruit, who would these reporters call to try and get info for their crystal ballz? Seems weird to me. Anyone who is close with a recruit wouldn't be spoiling the decision, I hope

One thing I've learned after 15 years of watching the recruiting sites - 99% of the people posting are full of shit. That includes the "reporters", most of them are just dartboarding it.

It's like the numb heads over on tRCMB right now talking about hearing "rumblings" of decommits and flips. Yes you stupid chuckleheads those happen every year about now. Your "rumblings" are other knotheads like yourself speculating on other sites.

It's fun to watch the drama and nice to learn about the kids as they sign up to play for your university but never take it too seriously. If you do, keep in mind that most of the "evaluations" you read on the internet are being done by the fat kid that couldn't get off the bench in HS or other various internet dorks that think they have insights into a kid's future that our coaching staff must be missing. In my Dad's words "most of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 12:56

knothead. Good one, Loose.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 13:44

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:So when recruiting reporters (lol) say that they'll "check with sources", are they just carpet bombing anyone who may know the recruit and asking them where the kid is going? If I were a recruit, who would these reporters call to try and get info for their crystal ballz? Seems weird to me. Anyone who is close with a recruit wouldn't be spoiling the decision, I hope

One thing I've learned after 15 years of watching the recruiting sites - 99% of the people posting are full of shit. That includes the "reporters", most of them are just dartboarding it.

It's like the numb heads over on tRCMB right now talking about hearing "rumblings" of decommits and flips. Yes you stupid chuckleheads those happen every year about now. Your "rumblings" are other knotheads like yourself speculating on other sites.

It's fun to watch the drama and nice to learn about the kids as they sign up to play for your university but never take it too seriously. If you do, keep in mind that most of the "evaluations" you read on the internet are being done by the fat kid that couldn't get off the bench in HS or other various internet dorks that think they have insights into a kid's future that our coaching staff must be missing. In my Dad's words "most of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground".

Your dad stole my dad's words.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 13:50

Your dad's were way nicer than mine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 20 Jan 2016 - 20:07

Interesting. Kids too busy playing hoop growing up in Indiana that they produce so few linemen or TEs?

SB✯Nation CFB@SBNationCFB  8s8 seconds ago
The Big Ten essentially split into spread and pro-style divisions, thanks to geography http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/19/10330430/big-ten-expansion-spread-pro-style-offenses …
tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 CZLYNV1WIAQySWY
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 13:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:Interesting. Kids too busy playing hoop growing up in Indiana that they produce so few linemen or TEs?

SB✯Nation CFB@SBNationCFB  8s8 seconds ago
The Big Ten essentially split into spread and pro-style divisions, thanks to geography http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/19/10330430/big-ten-expansion-spread-pro-style-offenses …
tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 CZLYNV1WIAQySWY

Sketchy. Very small sample size (3 years). The stats need to be more professionally done to be able to draw conclusions from them. 13% in Ohio strikes me as nonsense right from the get-go.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:22

Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10  3m3 minutes ago
We up to something stay tuned
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:24

LooseGoose wrote:Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10  3m3 minutes ago
DreamTeam2016 Retweeted
tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 Xi2FaXdf_bigger Cameron Chambers@CamChambers21 5m5 minutes ago
Fun weekend stay tuned tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 1f440 #GoGreen
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:39

LooseGoose wrote:

My dad used to say Spit on it and rub it in the dirt. Although I don't see how I could use it in the context of your comments here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 21:48

LooseGoose wrote:Messiah deWeaver ‏@Siah_10  3m3 minutes ago

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 8 1550444538

My guess on how we finish:

Sammons
Campbell
Harrison
Some mystery dude

Edit: Reading the wiebs thread, it sounds like Harrison isn't coming this weekend.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:08

Rico thinks MSU is in the lead for Hill now fwiw.

Nordy check your PMs brah.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:12

I figured it was all just a reference to attending their first off-campus party this weekend, with all the hot co-eds.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rico thinks MSU is in the lead for Hill now fwiw.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at MSU or is the "silent commit". Gun to the head though, I'm going Michigan.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:24

You guys better not be sexting about croots without me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

You guys better not be sexting about croots without me.

I've been sending sexy tweets of me with my shirt of to croots. It can only help.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 2:55

LooseGoose wrote:Recruiting: MSU offers Lansing Catholic's Poljan

Michigan State has entered the sweepstakes for the services of Lansing Catholic quarterback Tony Poljan.

But if Poljan commits to the Spartans for the 2016 class, it will not be at that position.

MSU extended Poljan an offer on Friday morning. Poljan said he is being looked at as a tight end by the coaching staff.

“It’s just a lot to think about and it makes the process more confusing,” Poljan said after scoring 23 points in Catholic’s varsity basketball win at Eaton Rapids on Friday night. “I’m keeping my options open but at the end of the day, I would like a chance to compete for the quarterback spot. I just played it in high school and I think I can be a quarterback at the college level.”

Takes the CMU offer

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/01/19/tony-poljan-verbally-commits-central-michigan/79039938/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 2:59

Ohio lineman Luke Campbell says he might commit to Michigan State this weekend
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/ohio_lineman_luke_campbell_say.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next