Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer.....

+8
tGreenWay
Rocinante
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Jethro Bodeen
12 posters

Go down

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Empty Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer.....

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-01-04, 23:16

Gross, not good at all but trendy people claim to be fans because they need the approval of other trendy people claiming to be a fans. Its the same mentality that got women burned at the stake, hanged and drown for being witches prior to the 18th Century. Groupthink, conformity, mass hysteria.

If someone would just admit that they like craft beers cause it fucks them up, I can respect that. But don't give me your high and mighty, discriminating taste buds bullshit. Thats nuts. It tastes like shit, gives you cotton mouth, a headache, costs way to much, and gives you the dry heaves while you are in the drunk tank from your DUI after having only 2 after work.

And there is nothing positive anyone can say about Joplin's "music" that is the slightest bit believable. She's horrid. A very small number of 1960's counter-culture opinion-makers liked her for the sole reason that adults and others with any musical taste hated her.  It is they that got the ball rolling with the Janis Joplin trend. The weak-minded conformists hippies thought they were supposed to actually like her "music", not just her offenses to real music. And thus the root of the myth and the lie which was frozen and preserved for eternity with her sudden and untimely death which unfortunately happened before people could come to their senses and start rightfully mocking her like Milli Vanilli. So now the world is stuck with the Janis Joplin myth that she was talented and therefore cool. And after all these years, even people that know better are afraid to be mean and say the obvious: Janis Joplin was ugly, grimy, annoying and in fact, unsettling to listen to.

So, just like enthusiastically chugging some exotic brown, swampy, bitter, gag-inducing, stomach churning swamp-water, being a proud Joplin fan is just the price you gotta pay for being "cool". In fact, I think they should sell craft beer and play Janis Joplin records at Witch burnings.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Empty Re: Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer.....

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-04, 23:19

You just typed all of that. That prolly took some effort.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Empty Re: Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer.....

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 23:19

Solid post.

Deep thoughts.

Gives me something to consider tonight as I sleep.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-04, 23:21

Bud Light sucks. Sorry bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-04, 23:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bud Light sucks. Sorry bro.

Whatever. It gets you drunk. So does craft beer. So does beast. All of these things are just a means to an end. Whatever. S'all good.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-01-04, 23:52

Bud light requires you to drink 9 of their shitty beers in order to get a solid buzz. It's just to get you drunk. Craft beer requires you to drink less beer to attain the same buzz if you were looking to get drunk, and is infinitely more enjoyable to sit and sip on one or two.

Also, InBev isn't an American company. All craft breweries are American, or clearly stated otherwise (belgian, German, etc.) so you're supporting small businesses and the local economy by drinking craft brew.

There's no reason to drink macro shit over craft beer, other than you haven't given craft beer a good enough chance yet
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-05, 00:08

Ass Dan wrote:Bud light requires you to drink 9 of their shitty beers in order to get a solid buzz. It's just to get you drunk. Craft beer requires you to drink less beer to attain the same buzz if you were looking to get drunk, and is infinitely more enjoyable to sit and sip on one or two.

Also, InBev isn't an American company. All craft breweries are American, or clearly stated otherwise (belgian, German, etc.) so you're supporting small businesses and the local economy by drinking craft brew.

There's no reason to drink macro shit over craft beer, other than you haven't given craft beer a good enough chance yet

Most of the "craft beers" people drink are owned by InBev or other massive companies.

But maybe just let people drink whatever they want to drink and then focus on how hilarious that both of our friend is about to jump off the balcony instead of talking about what people drank to get to that point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-05, 00:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bud Light sucks. Sorry bro.

Whatever. It gets you drunk. So does craft beer. So does beast. All of these things are just a means to an end. Whatever. S'all good.

This is true. And I'll be in situations where I drink it. Just like my opinion, man. I am not the guy who is going to look down upon someone at a party or bar drinking it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-01-05, 00:13

Ass Dan wrote:Bud light requires you to drink 9 of their shitty beers in order to get a solid buzz. It's just to get you drunk. Craft beer requires you to drink less beer to attain the same buzz if you were looking to get drunk, and is infinitely more enjoyable to sit and sip on one or two.

Most of the "craft beers" people drink are owned by InBev or other massive companies.

But maybe just let people drink whatever they want to drink and then focus on how hilarious that both of our friend is about to jump off the balcony instead of talking about what people drank to get to that point.

Well then those breweries are, by definition, not craft beer. Im not the OP who came out of no where with this topic (I don't really get his analogy either) but I'll defend craft beer. I like it.

I don't get drunk enough to fall off a balcony, so idk what to say about that. Seems fun though.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-05, 00:16

Ass Dan wrote:

Well then those breweries are, by definition, not craft beer. Im not the OP who came out of no where with this topic (I don't really get his analogy either) but I'll defend craft beer. I like it.

I don't get drunk enough to fall off a balcony, so idk what to say about that. Seems fun though.

I like it too. Just like I like cheap beer. I'll also drink a fine bourbon followed by a shitty ass mixed drink. You do you.

Also, maybe I just drink too much.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-05, 00:18

Cheap beer? Okay, fine. 5.9% alcohol for cheap as hell. I'll have more than a few with you Trav.

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Naturalice
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-05, 00:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cheap beer? Okay, fine. 5.9% alcohol for cheap as hell. I'll have more than a few with you Trav.

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Naturalice

Can we bitch about Janis Joplin while we do it?

Note- I have no thoughts about Janis Joplin. It might be a short night.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-05, 00:22

who is Janis Joplin
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-05, 05:07

I'm thinking she had just a huge out of control bush.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-05, 08:43

DWags wrote:I'm thinking she had just a huge out of control bush.

And a smelly one because I don't think she showered regularly. It would have been like eating 6 week old Jack Mackerel down there.

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Janis-joplin-4

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-05, 12:37

I love Jethro Bodeen.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-05, 14:05

Rocinante wrote:I love Jethro Bodeen.

Good, less competition for his kin Ellie.

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... 635558044724762872-01-raccoon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-05, 14:06

Air Supply is like Bud Light.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-05, 14:18

I like craft beer. Not saying it to be trendy either.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-05, 14:22

I like craft beer. Can not stand Joplin.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-05, 20:37

Jethro Bodeen wrote:And there is nothing positive anyone can say about Joplin's "music" that is the slightest bit believable. She's horrid. A very small number of 1960's counter-culture opinion-makers liked her for the sole reason that adults and others with any musical taste hated her.  It is they that got the ball rolling with the Janis Joplin trend. The weak-minded conformists hippies thought they were supposed to actually like her "music", not just her offenses to real music. And thus the root of the myth and the lie which was frozen and preserved for eternity with her sudden and untimely death which unfortunately happened before people could come to their senses and start rightfully mocking her like Milli Vanilli. So now the world is stuck with the Janis Joplin myth that she was talented and therefore cool. And after all these years, even people that know better are afraid to be mean and say the obvious: Janis Joplin was ugly, grimy, annoying and in fact, unsettling to listen to.

Die.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-05, 23:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You just typed all of that. That prolly took some effort.

I agree with psycho on this one. Way too much effort.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-05, 23:24

I've been getting into 1980s Bob Dylan
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-06, 05:53

steveschneider wrote:I've been getting into 1980s Bob Dylan

Hmmmmm.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-01-06, 18:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You just typed all of that. That prolly took some effort.

It took me 10 minutes to post. No effort other that to type in my thoughts. I find it interesting to explore the roots of ones beliefs, preferences, desires and motivations. And in doing so try to determine what shapes your mental processes and psyche -eliminating conflicts (self decption) that you have adopted despite the fact they do not reflect your rational mind.

I think that most people (70%) adopt opinions and motivations based on what they perceive will grant them acceptance by others. Peer pressure is such a powerful force among humans that people often don't know why they think what they think. And when challenged, they get hostile because they havent the ability to provide a rational explanation for their beliefs. And often, as in politics, their expressed opinions are often completely in opposition to thier self interests and personal values.

So this post is just about honesty to oneself and the courage to stand up for yourself.

What do any of us really like? Are we happy? What in our own minds is self defeating or in conflict to what we really desire for ourselves.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-06, 20:41

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It took me 10 minutes to post. No effort other that to type in my thoughts. I find it interesting to explore the roots of ones beliefs, preferences, desires and motivations. And in doing so try to determine what shapes your mental processes and psyche -eliminating conflicts (self decption) that you have adopted despite the fact they do not reflect your rational mind.

I think that most people (70%) adopt opinions and motivations based on what they perceive will grant them acceptance by others. Peer pressure is such a powerful force among humans that people often don't know why they think what they think. And when challenged, they get hostile because they havent the ability to provide a rational explanation for their beliefs. And often, as in politics, their expressed opinions are often completely in opposition to thier self interests and personal values.

So this post is just about honesty to oneself and the courage to stand up for yourself.

What do any of us really like? Are we happy? What in our own minds is self defeating or in conflict to what we really desire for ourselves.

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Joel-osteen-2218

Janis Joplin is like Craft Beer..... Tony-robbins
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down