Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he was also endorsed by the KKK who will be holding a Donald Trump Victory Parade on December 3rd.

The Oscoda County KKK just endorsed you as "Poster of the Year".

I regret to inform you that now you're a proven racist.
I disavow their endorsement.

see how easy that is? Too bad Trump won't do the same.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-21, 10:59

Bob, from CNN:

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 11:03

Triple Sparty wrote:Bob, from CNN:

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."
so you trust the mainstream media? Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-21, 11:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

so you trust the mainstream media? Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 502811600

Especially CNN. They've been known to fabricate entire stories (see examples related to BLM)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 11:16

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so you trust the mainstream media? Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 502811600

Especially CNN.
exactly.

"Don't trust the mainstream media"... Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 1550444538

"the mainstream media is biased"... Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 1550444538

"hey - look! Here's a link from the mainstream media proving that Donald Trump isn't a racist".... Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-21, 11:18

I love Wolf Blitzer "they are so poor... and so black"; he's not a racist though because he's employed by our team.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-21, 11:18

Well, sorry, I'm not going to look for video. I was just skeptical of Bob's assertion that Trump didn't disavow the KKK. So I googled "trump disavow KKK" and the CNN article was the first one and had direct quotes. I'll let someone else determine whether Bob was completely wrong or CNN made up the quotes.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 11:19

Triple Sparty wrote:Well, sorry, I'm not going to look for video. I was just skeptical of Bob's assertion that Trump didn't disavow the KKK. So I googled "trump disavow KKK" and the CNN article was the first one and had direct quotes. I'll let someone else determine whether Bob was completely wrong or CNN made up the quotes.
I don't believe or trust the mainstream media. You're certainly free to trust them, if you like.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-21, 11:19

CNN does have a history of paying high in their creative writing department. Paying fictional authors is not cheap.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-21, 11:22

Bob I never said anything about the mainstream media although I can understand your confusion due to the topic of this thread. I also never said anything about Trump. I was just providing you a quote to show you were misinformed. If you choose to maintain your ignorance of the facts, god bless you, it's a free country.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 11:26

Triple Sparty wrote:Bob I never said anything about the mainstream media although I can understand your confusion due to the topic of this thread. I also never said anything about Trump. I was just providing you a quote to show you were misinformed. If you choose to maintain your ignorance of the facts, god bless you, it's a free country.
if you think the mainstream media = "facts" then.. enjoy!  Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-21, 11:42

Now you're in trouble, you proved Bob completely wrong on the facts. He hates that shit - when actual facts contradict his narrative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-21, 11:44

LooseGoose wrote:

Now you're in trouble, you proved Bob completely wrong on the facts. He hates that shit - when actual facts contradict his narrative.

That's kind of funny. You seem to build a lot of narratives based on using straw man arguments.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-21, 11:50

Nigel's word of the week is: strawman. Although I've always referred to them as scarecrows.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 12:21

LooseGoose wrote:

so... you started a 13 page thread on how biased the mainstream media is..

and how you're referring to how honest the mainstream media is based on "facts"?

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-21, 13:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

so... you started a 13 page thread on how biased the mainstream media is..

and how you're referring to how honest the mainstream media is based on "facts"?

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 502811600

Sorry honey, you're swerving. That was an actual recorded quote from Trump. Not the same animal, but you know that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 13:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so... you started a 13 page thread on how biased the mainstream media is..

Sorry honey, you're swerving. That was an actual recorded quote from Trump. Not the same animal, but you know that.
you have much more faith in the mainstream media than I do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-21, 14:16

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 T3_5duv0d
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-21, 21:54

Triple Sparty wrote:Or at the minimum, a checklist?
x - admitted sexual predator
x - racist
x - bigot
x - xenophobic
x - e-mail

Dude, I am not ALL those things.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 20:56

SO IT’S OKAY FOR BUSINESS OWNERS TO REFUSE TO SERVE PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS AGAIN: New Mexico Business Owner: No Trump Supporters Allowed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-25, 21:17

LooseGoose wrote:SO IT’S OKAY FOR BUSINESS OWNERS TO REFUSE TO SERVE PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS AGAIN: New Mexico Business Owner: No Trump Supporters Allowed.

That was always allowed.

Why a Trump-backing tow truck driver says he refused service to a Sanders supporter
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/05/why-a-trump-backing-tow-truck-driver-says-he-refused-service-to-a-sanders-supporter/?0p19G=c
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-25, 22:12

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:SO IT’S OKAY FOR BUSINESS OWNERS TO REFUSE TO SERVE PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS AGAIN: New Mexico Business Owner: No Trump Supporters Allowed.

That was always allowed.

Why a Trump-backing tow truck driver says he refused service to a Sanders supporter
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/05/why-a-trump-backing-tow-truck-driver-says-he-refused-service-to-a-sanders-supporter/?0p19G=c

You're both right. You're both giving great examples of why America sucks and will probably get worse. You're both arguing the same thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-25, 22:25

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That was always allowed.

You're both right. You're both giving great examples of why America sucks and will probably get worse.  You're both arguing the same thing.
DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That was always allowed.

You're both right. You're both giving great examples of why America sucks and will probably get worse.  You're both arguing the same thing.

1. I'm not arguing anything.
2. If I am correct, the courts long ago decided discrimination on the basis of politics is not arbitrary, which makes such discrimination unlike discrimination on the basis of race or sex. Your political beliefs do not put you in a protected class.
3. Since I was responding with a rational point grounded in what I believe to be legal precedent, I do not believe you have made the point you think you have made.
4. I am quite familiar with what is wrong with America. Our republic is lacking the civic culture springing from the civic virtue the founders expected us to discover and exercise.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-29, 19:07

MR Price vs DR Biden.....small thing....but indicative.

Melissa Mackenzie ‏@MelissaTweets 2h2 hours ago
Jill Biden has a PhD in Education. You would call her Ms. Biden except in a teaching setting.
Dr. Tom Price, MD. is a doctor with patients.

Seth Mandel ‏@SethAMandel 8h8 hours ago
How The NY Times describes Jill Biden vs how The NY Times describes Tom Price, orthopedic surgeon:

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 CycQKl0XUAALhoI

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 CycQKlzWQAQYilB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-06, 16:04

bump for Goose.. who now trusts NBC News.

LooseGoose wrote:Ed Morrissey ‏@EdMorrissey 5m5 minutes ago
Update: NBC confirms $4B price tag for AF1 contract.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 1494614055

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-06, 17:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump for Goose.. who now trusts NBC News.

LooseGoose wrote:Ed Morrissey ‏@EdMorrissey 5m5 minutes ago
Update: NBC confirms $4B price tag for AF1 contract.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 13 1494614055

Yes, when verified with other sources and weighed against your normal pulled from your ass "facts".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-07, 07:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump for Goose.. who now trusts NBC News.

Yes, when verified with other sources and weighed against your normal pulled from your ass "facts".
I'm not mad at ya dude.. you're free to believe the mainstream media all you want.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 12:00

God yes!! A Republican is PResident - time to roll out the homeless stories again.

Mother JonesVerified account ‏@MotherJones
Trump hasn't said much about homelessness—and that's making a lot of people nervous http://mojo.ly/2gF8ycS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-08, 12:02

bump..

funny how republicans and the mainstream media are okay with a sexual predator as president...

but get upset about someone I've never heard of writing an article on homelessness.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 12:12

Time praised Obama, trashed Trump in 'Person of the Year' profile

Obama: "He made moderates feel hopeful, and even among many core Republicans who did not ultimately vote for him, Obama inspired admiration."

Trump: "This is a land where a man will stand up in a plane headed to Allentown, Pa., to demand allegiance to the new leader — 'We got some Hillary bitches on here? Come on man, Trump! He's your president, every goddamn one of you!' — and then get banned by the airline from ever traveling again. It's where a hijab-wearing college student in New York reports being attacked and jeered at in the next president's name, where American-born children ask their citizen parents if Trump will deport them, where white supremacists throw out Nazi salutes in Washington meeting halls for their President-elect."

Obama: "Obama is a businesslike boss."

Trump: "This is the method of a demagogue."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-08, 12:22

So you are cancelling your subscription to Time?

Trump is going to be a President like no other this country has ever seen. He's a businessman who has run his company with few others and making sure everyone knows who's in charge.

Trump was never a velvet hammer CEO of a private company and there are slim odds at 70 he's going to change.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-08, 12:25

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-18, 08:47

The NYT Is Having a Meltdown Over Trump’s Israel Nominee

David Friedman is a prominent and successful attorney in New York who has spent 20 years representing Donald Trump, among other clients. He is also a proud Jew who holds unapologetic pro-Israel views that are heretical in Times-world, and he has also expressed acid disdain for the kind of Jewish anti-Israel activism regularly glorified in the pages of the Times.

So he must be destroyed—and to destroy him he must be lied about. Which is what the Times did.

The report, by Matthew Rosenberg, is a caricature of political frustration and resentment masquerading as news. The headline, of course, is “Trump Chooses Hard-Liner As Ambassador to Israel,” the phrase “hard-liner” being an all-purpose Times denigration of anyone who holds political views anathema to liberals, but never as a description of liberals who hold views anathema to conservatives.

What the Times is doing here is obvious: The paper is attempting to normalize the extremist agenda of J Street and then to rebrand mainstream critics of that agenda as the real extremists. This isn’t reporting—it is political activism, and not even honest political activism. It is also the reason why fewer and fewer people trust the New York Times today and why the president-elect is right to castigate the paper so disrespectfully. The Times has earned it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-18, 08:55

Wait, Trump is pro Israel? It's hard keeping track
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-18, 09:02

DWags wrote:Wait, Trump is pro Israel? It's hard keeping track

To my knowledge he has been since day 1.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-18, 09:19

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Wait, Trump is pro Israel? It's hard keeping track

Thought he was more neutral.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-18, 12:51

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Thought he was more neutral.

not at all. hell, he said he'd change the capital to jerseluem. that's the biggest pro decision since the creation of the state.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-18, 13:03

If the MSM is so powerful, how the hell did Trump win in November.

We can't trust anyone but in Trump's case its wrong to be skeptical. His refusal to release tax returns, his stall on plans for his businesses and his insistance on having his 3 oldest children and his son-in-law involved in meetings with world leaders and business leaders, none of it can be questioned.

We should believe Putin.

We are in deep shit.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-27, 12:26

Remember all the talk about Republicans and gridlock in Washington?

Reid engendered loyalty from Senate Democrats in several ways. One was by demonstrating that he was willing to put their interests ahead of his own. In the run-up to the 2014 midterms, when Reid was majority leader and therefore controlled the Senate calendar, he infuriated Republicans by refusing to give hundreds of bills passed by the House of Representatives votes in the Senate. “Republicans were constantly bitching about how he’d ‘broken the Senate,’ ” one Reid aide recalls. But Reid broke the Senate, this aide explains, in order to protect vulnerable Democratic senators from having to take votes that would hurt them in their reelection campaigns. “We urged him to explain publicly that that’s what he was doing,” the aide says. “But he said, ‘No, I’m trying to protect them, so I’m going to take the heat.’ ”

Who Will Do What Harry Reid Did Now That Harry Reid Is Gone?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-12-27, 13:23

LooseGoose wrote:Remember all the talk about Republicans and gridlock in Washington?

Reid engendered loyalty from Senate Democrats in several ways. One was by demonstrating that he was willing to put their interests ahead of his own. In the run-up to the 2014 midterms, when Reid was majority leader and therefore controlled the Senate calendar, he infuriated Republicans by refusing to give hundreds of bills passed by the House of Representatives votes in the Senate. “Republicans were constantly bitching about how he’d ‘broken the Senate,’ ” one Reid aide recalls. But Reid broke the Senate, this aide explains, in order to protect vulnerable Democratic senators from having to take votes that would hurt them in their reelection campaigns. “We urged him to explain publicly that that’s what he was doing,” the aide says. “But he said, ‘No, I’m trying to protect them, so I’m going to take the heat.’ ”

Who Will Do What Harry Reid Did Now That Harry Reid Is Gone?

Reid did that because he believed the House was passing "Gotcha" legislation that they hoped Democrats in the senate would vote against, which they would then use against them in upcoming campaigns to win back seats in the Senate.

Shady move by Reid? Yes. Smart move? Yes. Too bad for him, the DNC is filled with morons and they lost Senate seats anyways, and are primed to lose more in 2018 if they don't get their shit together.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next