Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. Empty Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 12:50

Who'd a thunk something like this could happen with our honest media?   After reading Bob for years I thought only knuckle dragging right wingers would stoop to this.

That cute little perky Katie is lying shit after all....

Audio Shows Katie Couric Documentary Deceptively Edited Interview with Pro-Gun Activists -  Misleading editing used to make gun advocates appear stumped by simple question

The makers of a new Katie Couric documentary on gun violence deceptively edited an interview between Couric and a group of gun rights activists in an apparent attempt to embarrass the activists, an audio recording of the full interview shows.

At the 21:48 mark of Under the Gun a scene of Katie Couric interviewing members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, a gun rights organization, is shown.

Couric can be heard in the interview asking activists from the Virginia Citizens Defense League, “If there are no background checks for gun purchasers, how do you prevent felons or terrorists from purchasing a gun?”

The documentary then shows the activists sitting silently for nine awkward seconds, unable to provide an answer. It then cuts to the next scene. The moment can be watched here:

However, raw audio of the interview between Katie Couric and the activists provided to the Washington Free Beacon shows the scene was deceptively edited. Instead of silence, Couric’s question is met immediately with answers from the activists. A back and forth between a number of the league’s members and Couric over the issue of background checks proceeds for more than four minutes after the original question is asked.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2016-06-22, 15:47; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 12:57

The media is for the people, LG. They would never use crisis actors, either or omit the behaviors of a neighborhood towards paramedics trying to revive two officers shot in the head on the corner of Myrtle and Marcy aves. Nor would they try to paint those individuals as doing exactly the opposite as they are doing and broadcasting it on a 24 hour cable news station.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 13:01

so you're telling me that fearful, paranoid, redneck knuckle-draggin' gun owners are actually not as fearful, paranoid, redneck and knuckle-draggin' as I believe them to be?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-25, 13:34

A hyper-competitive media market and shrinking profit margins means doing whatever it takes to get viewers, readers, clicks, etc. So yeah, this is just another criticism of capitalism more than a criticism of the media. The story that is not sensationalized does not sell.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 13:55

Turtleneck wrote:A hyper-competitive media market and shrinking profit margins means doing whatever it takes to get viewers, readers, clicks, etc. So yeah, this is just another criticism of capitalism more than a criticism of the media. The story that is not sensationalized does not sell.

LooseGoose seems surprised that the mainstream media caters to the lowbrow demographic that still believes what they spoon feed them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 14:00

It's hard to tell what's what anymore with that kind of stuff. I operate simply from life experience with people that act a certain way or present themselves a certain way. It seems a lot more accurate than trusting "journalists" with an agenda. Hillbillies, thugs, dorks, nerds, jocks... Most people are the way they purposely present themselves through mannerisms or dress.

I got out of jury duty once because I told the lawyers that "I can tell who's guilty just by looking at them." I was being a dick because I wanted out (and there were plenty of people that were gung ho about serving on the jury) but afterwards I realized most of my prejudices throughout life ended up being correct and kept me out of bad situations. I could have went with the anarchist angle too and probably got out of it but that seemed like a winning recipe.

Let the hate commence.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 14:03

I guess my point was... Bob's prejudices and my prejudices are coming from the same place and we could both tell what a person is like based on how they present themselves... Even if we won't outwardly admit it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 14:07

xsanguine wrote:I guess my point was... Bob's prejudices and my prejudices are coming from the same place and we could both tell what a person is like based on how they present themselves... Even if we won't outwardly admit it.
oh, hell no - some folks are all sorts of upset.. the PC types.. for whatever reason, they have a problem with me thinking that gun nuts are just a bunch of knuckle-draggin' rednecks who are emotionally vulnerable enough to allow lobbyists to take advantage of their racism, fear and paranoia.

I don't mind saying what I believe.... I guess it hurts some people's feelings.. Rolling Eyes

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 14:16

I want as little to do with the guy fingering his belly button through a flannel shirt and dirty work boots (who hasn't worked in years) and spitting tobacco as I do with the guy wearing a backwards bandana, sagging pants and referring to females as bitches all the time.

They're the same product, just different packaging.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 14:17

xsanguine wrote:I want as little to do with the guy fingering his belly button through a flannel shirt and dirty work boots (who hasn't worked in years) and spitting tobacco as I do with the guy wearing a backwards bandana, sagging pants and referring to females as bitches all the time.

you offended my cupcake feelings and I'm going to advocate that you be banned..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 14:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I want as little to do with the guy fingering his belly button through a flannel shirt and dirty work boots (who hasn't worked in years) and spitting tobacco as I do with the guy wearing a backwards bandana, sagging pants and referring to females as bitches all the time.

you offended my cupcake feelings and I'm going to advocate that you be banned..

=(
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 15:18

Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke 9m9 minutes ago
Katie Couric flagrantly lies. The channel stands behind her. Next up, progressives wonder aloud, “why don’t gun owners trust us?”

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. CjUw3fkWkAI50fW
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 15:22

LooseGoose wrote:Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  9m9 minutes ago
Katie Couric flagrantly lies. The channel stands behind her. Next up, progressives wonder aloud, “why don’t gun owners trust us?”

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. CjUw3fkWkAI50fW
serious question (if you are willing to entertain a serious question): are you surprised to learn that the mainstream media lies, distorts the truth and flat out makes things up in the name of profit, capitalism and corporate America?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 15:27

I'd put virtually all politicians in that exact same category, Bob.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 15:40

xsanguine wrote:I'd put virtually all politicians in that exact same category, Bob.
yep.. the mainstream media drives the political train - it's a pathetic co-dependent relationship and America is left to suffer.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 15:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  9m9 minutes ago

serious question (if you are willing to entertain a serious question): are you surprised to learn that the mainstream media lies, distorts the truth and flat out makes things up in the name of profit, capitalism and corporate America?

Not at all, except for the part you didn't mention. 90% of the lies are created to damage one side of the political equation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-25, 15:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Not at all, except for the part you didn't mention. 90% of the lies are created to damage one side of the political equation.

Bullshit. That is complete perception bias, or some term from some psychology text book.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 15:44

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bullshit. That is complete perception bias, or some term from some psychology text book.
I don't think LooseGoose is quite ready to read a book that doesn't have pretty pictures in it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 15:45

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

congratulations on believing the mainstream media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-25, 15:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I don't think LooseGoose is quite ready to read a book that doesn't have pretty pictures in it.

I like pictures as well, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-25, 15:48

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't think LooseGoose is quite ready to read a book that doesn't have pretty pictures in it.

I like pictures as well, Bob.
but I think Goose likes to color the ones in his books with crayons.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 15:51

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I dunno. I think there is some truth to that. There's a double standard that is applied.

Take for example Ben Shapiro's situation on Dr. Drew's show where they placed 5 pro-transgendered individuals against one anti-transgendered individual. Zoe Tur grabbed Ben Shapiro by the neck and told him if he referred to him as a him again he'd be leaving in an ambulance. Only Breitbart (Ben Shapiro's employer at the time) covered it.

We know what would happen if the tables were turned. MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, etc would all have used it as an example of violence against transgendered. When the tables are turned there isn't a peep. It's as much about not covering things as it is over-covering certain things.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-25, 15:57

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I dunno. I think there is some truth to that. There's a double standard that is applied.

Take for example Ben Shapiro's situation on Dr. Drew's show where they placed 5 pro-transgendered individuals against one anti-transgendered individual. Zoe Tur grabbed Ben Shapiro by the neck and told him if he referred to him as a him again he'd be leaving in an ambulance. Only Breitbart (Ben Shapiro's employer at the time) covered it.

We know what would happen if the tables were turned. MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, etc would all have used it as an example of violence against transgendered. When the tables are turned there isn't a peep. It's as much about not covering things as it is over-covering certain things.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/07/17/inside_editions_zoe_tur_threatens_to_send_breitbarts_ben_shapiro_home_in_an_ambulance_over_jenner_debate.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-transgender-zoey-tur-20150724-column.html

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/20/ben_shapiro_files_police_report_against_trans_woman_zoey_tur_for_her_response_to_his_deliberate_provocations/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/breitbarts-ben-shapiro-claims-trans-reporter-zoey-tur-threatened-to-assault-him_us_55ae6d44e4b08f57d5d28eba
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:05

Here's the clip and then links to the "media" outlets that covered it and HOW they covered it.

LA Times: You go, girl: Zoey Tur gives conservative bully his comeuppance

Salon: Ben Shapiro files suit against Zoey Tur after his deliberate provocations

Mediate: Ben Shapiro files charges against Zoey Tur after "fight"

I've mentioned my own story regarding CNN that I won't rehash but seemed to be a deliberate attempt at making the black community where the two NYPD officers that were ambushed in their call look like they were compassionate regarding the officers. They even brought in an outsider to interview in the place of the actual residence who were hurling bottles and insults at the paramedics as they were applying CPR. As opposed to what was actually happening.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:06

And what do you think the media coverage is if the tables were turned, TN?

Do you think MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC would have articles on it if that were the case? I seem to think so. They have no problem falsifying 911 calls, interviews, etc when it suits a certain agenda.... But the silence seems pretty obvious.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:07

If Ben Shapiro put his hand around Zoey Tur's neck and said he's going to send her home in an ambulance... Do you think the coverage would have been more prominent? I certainly think so.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:07

The Trayvon Martin 911 calls, for crying out loud...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:08

Facebook and Twitter shadow banning...

C'mon, dawg. You know there's a media bias. It's obvious.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-25, 16:11

xsanguine wrote:And what do you think the media coverage is if the tables were turned, TN?

Do you think MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC would have articles on it if that were the case? I seem to think so. They have no problem falsifying 911 calls, interviews, etc when it suits a certain agenda.... But the silence seems pretty obvious.

I don't know. I mean, do people even know that Dr. Drew guy is still alive?

This is not an argument about the honesty of the media. This is an argument about media bias. Ever listen to talk radio? Ever watch Fox news? The bias runs in both directions. CNN has been far more moderate in recent years than the past.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:12

HuffPo...."Ben Shapiro...."CLAIMS" Zoey threatened him." It's on video you limp wristed morons. Jesus H Christ HuffPo.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-05-25, 21:36; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:13

Yes, Fox News and AM Radio... That's what conservatives have. How many liberal outlets are there? Cable news is dominated by liberal networks, NPR on radio, etc. Fox is it for the connies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 16:15

Don't you think Ben Shapiro would have lost his job and would have faced charges for a hate crime had the tables been turned?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 17:04

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/05/25/meet-depaul-protester-waved-microphone-milos-face/

I wonder what the media coverage would be if Trump supporters stormed a BLM event and started ripping microphones out of their hands and preventing them to speak at their own paid for private events would be.

Hmmm....

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 17:11

Let me ask you a question - if CONSERVATIVE kids were rioting outside Hillary rallies would it be covered this way?

Would she be portrayed as a "controversial" candidate that sorta deserved it? Would they be praised for "expressing their humanity" by throwing rocks? Pfffffffffffffffffffft.

Nets Tout Anti-Trump Rioters ‘Protesting With a Purpose’ Against ‘Controversial Candidate’
On Wednesday, the network morning shows all promoted violent left-wing protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico as a sign of trouble for the “controversial” GOP candidate and even provided a platform for rioters to justify their actions.

At the top of NBC’s Today, co-host Matt Lauer breathlessly declared: “Breaking overnight, protests turn violent at a Trump rally in New Mexico. Demonstrators knocking down barriers and throwing rocks.” In the report that followed, correspondent Hallie Jackson acknowledged “what started as a peaceful protest turned chaotic,” but still saw “purpose” in the melee: “Demonstrators jumping on cop cars, lighting fires, smashing windows. Some, agitators. Others, protesting with a purpose.”
Soundbites ran of some of the activists ranting against Trump and expressing their desire to shut down free speech. One woman proclaimed: “We're here today because the people of Albuquerque specifically do not want Donald Trump in our city.” A man announced: “We're not going to tolerate Trump's hate and his speech. We don't support what he stands for, and this is why the people are her demonstrating.”

Jackson used the opportunity to remind viewers: “It's not uncommon to see protests at Trump rallies. Some have turned violent before, like in Chicago and California. Demonstrations against the controversial candidate often beginning hours beforehand, like in Albuquerque, where protesters surrounded some attendees on their way in, in a so-called walk of shame.”

Turning back to the female protester, Jackson wondered: “But does it help to come out and to have a scene or a demonstration like this?” The woman replied: “No, it does not help, but it's self-defense. Donald Trump cannot come to our city after calling us rapists.”

Covering the chaos live Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, pundits on MSNBC praised the protesters for “expressing their humanity.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 17:13

How about the TSA lines at airports? If we had Bush II in office it would be all his fault like Katrina.

No Accountability Beyond This Point: Nets Never Blame Obama Admin for TSA Failures

42 fucking minutes on the evening news....not one peep RE: the administration.

Despite devoting more than 42 minutes to the abysmal failures of the TSA since coverage began on May 10, neither ABC, CBS nor NBC once even hinted that the Obama Administration might bear even some of the blame on their evening news shows. Instead, the networks pointed the finger at Congress, at airlines, at passengers – but criticism of the White House was as off limits as a 4 ounce bottle of water at airport security.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 17:23

Do you think the media would cover an award winning white artist's music video, who's signed to Universal Records, where he's putting a noose around a black man's neck and referring to them as n!ggers? Do you think that would get media coverage?

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 17:30

And speaking of Katrina.....we all remember that damned holocaust caused by Bush II right? Let's see how the press did there....and note how they ALWAYS erred against the Administration. No 50/50 shit here.

Where to begin? As I’ve written before, virtually all of the gripping stories from Katrina were untrue.

All of those stories about, in Paula Zahn’s words, “bands of rapists, going block to block”? Not true.

The tales of snipers firing on medevac helicopters? Bogus.

The yarns, peddled on Oprah by New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and the New Orleans police chief, that “little babies” were getting raped in the Superdome and that the bodies of the murdered were piling up? Completely false.

The stories about poor blacks dying in comparatively huge numbers because American society “left them behind”? Nah-ah.

While most outlets limited themselves to taking Nagin’s estimate of 10,000 dead at face value, Editor and Publisher—the watchdog of the media—ran the headline, “Mortuary Director Tells Local Paper 40,000 Could Be Lost in Hurricane.”

In all of Louisiana, not just New Orleans, the total dead from Katrina was roughly 1,500. Blacks did not die disproportionately, nor did the poor. The only group truly singled out in terms of mortality was the elderly. According to a Knight-Ridder study, while only 15 percent of the population of New Orleans was over the age of 60, some 74 percent of the dead were 60 or older, and almost half were older than 75. Blacks were, if anything, slightly underrepresented among the dead given their share of the population.

This barely captures how badly the press bungled Katrina coverage. Keep in mind that the most horrifying tales of woe that captivated the press and prompted news anchors to - quite literally - scream at federal officials occurred within the safe zone around the Superdome where the press was operating. Shame on local officials for fomenting fear and passing along newly minted urban legends, but double shame on the press for recycling this stuff uncritically. Members of the press had access to the Superdome. Why not just run in and look for the bodies? Interview the rape victims? Couldn't be bothered? The major networks had hundreds of people in New Orleans. Was there not a single intern available to fact-check? The coverage actually cost lives. Helicopters were grounded for 24 hours in response to media reports of sniper attacks. At least two patients died waiting to be evacuated.

And yet, a ubiquitous media chorus claims simultaneously that Katrina was Bush's worst hour and the press's best. That faultless paragon of media scrupulousness Dan Rather proclaimed it one of the "quintessential great moments in television news." Christiane Amanpour explained, "I think what's interesting is that it took a Katrina, you know, to bring us back to where we belong. In other words, real journalists, real journalism, and I think that's a good thing."

But in the race to prove the federal response incompetent, the "real journalists" missed some important details. As Lou Dolinar of RealClearPolitics.com exhaustively documents, the National Guard did amazing work in New Orleans. From the Superdome, the Guard managed some 2,500 troops, a dozen emergency shelters, more than 200 boats, 150 helicopters (which flew more than 10,000 sorties moving 88,181 passengers, 18,834 tons of cargo, and saved 17,411 survivors), and an enormous M*A*S*H operation that, among other things, delivered seven babies.

So essentially they reported mostly false information and never bothered to correct it since that would make them look bad and might have helped Bush.

The Media's Imperfect Storm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 17:33

I wonder what Dan Rather is up to these days.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 17:35

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. EjJFlR
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 17:38

xsanguine wrote:I wonder what Dan Rather is up to these days.

Spreading more bullshit. But he's been replaced by the SmartestWomenonTV© Rachel Maddow.....and this is a fun set of verbal gymnastics for her.

Maddow Can't Bear to Mention that VA Governor Probed by FBI Is a Democrat

On this, all can agree -- when Rachel Maddow stumbles, it's not for lack of intelligence. Through relentless branding, MSNBC has convinced its viewers and many others who should know better that Maddow is the smartest person on television, or at least on MSNBC at any given moment.

Which leads to an awkward conclusion -- when Maddow commits not one but two egregious errors of omission in the same report, it is not through stupidity. That is simply not possible. Such are the pitfalls of embodying her specific brand.

And such was the case on her show last night when Maddow performed the onerous duty of reporting that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is under FBI investigation for --- wait for it -- allegedly illegal campaign contributions. This was "very surprising news," Maddow actually claimed, while somehow managing to keep a straight face.

MADDOW: ... until later on today, after the news meeting, we got the very surprising news that Gov. McAuliffe is the focus of some real-life political drama himself. NBC News has now confirmed that the FBI is looking into whether or not Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe accepted illegal contributions during his 2013 campaign for governor. Specifically the FBI looking for the past several months into whether his gubernatorial campaign accepted contributions that were illegal. The FBI's reportedly particularly interested in contributions from a Chinese businessman who once held political office in China ...

Translation: who was once a party hack in the communist regime. Who's now under investigation for funneling cash to a party hack in the Clinton regime.

MADDOW: ... but who now has permanent resident status in the United States. A lawyer for the McAuliffe campaign tells NBC tonight, "Neither the governor nor his former campaign has knowledge of this matter." The lawyer continued -- "The governor will certainly cooperate with the government if he is contacted about it." If. If! The lawyer implying that the governor himself hasn't even been told about this FBI investigation yet! But it's in the press, now, thanks to somebody leaking that information.

This new FBI investigation is happening in the same state where Terry McAuliffe's predecessor, Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell, is currently appealing a two-year prison sentence for public corruption. Public affairs, indeed.

Maddow citing party affiliation for embattled pols -- selective, indeed. For while McDonnell is dutifully labeled Republican, McAuliffe is abruptly a man without a party, at least to those otherwise observant sorts at MSNBC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next