Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-05, 11:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Are you sure you want to merge
"Nah, there's no media bias at all."
to
"Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time."

Yes I'm sure. Thank you.

^^^ power tripping mod^^^

Just kidding. It happens so rarely now (I like to think because of my strict crackdown) but once in awhile when tty goes on some drunken political rant on the main board, when I move it I think to myself things like "haha suck it pylon this is your problem now."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 16:11

Please feel free to vilify whichever side you don't like more.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 20 Img_2417
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 16:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Please feel free to vilify whichever side you don't like more.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 20 Img_2417

Do you think there are any idiots who actually believe it's just one side? I hope people are just trolling and don't think that. I mean we all graduated from MSU.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 16:24

I like how people hated Comey until they loved him, trusted him until they didn't, thought he should have been fired until he was.

And members from both parties in all camps at different times. The sleaze is apparent but will change no minds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 16:42

LooseGoose wrote:I like how people hated Comey until they loved him, trusted him until they didn't, thought he should have been fired until he was.

And members from both parties in all camps at different times. The sleaze is apparent but will change no minds.

Mods please merge
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 16:48

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Please feel free to vilify whichever side you don't like more.

Do you think there are any idiots who actually believe it's just one side? I hope people are just trolling and don't think that. I mean we all graduated from MSU.

Any idiots here? I hope not. In general? Yes, there are tons and tons and tons of them. I do think they all do the same stuff, and they have for a long time. Beyond cable news. I also think all cable news sucks and you learn nothing from the talking heads in a box. That said, I do think some are way worse than others. It doesn't mean that the others don't suck. But they aren't as abhorrently awful.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 17:47

LooseGoose wrote:I like how people hated Comey until they loved him, trusted him until they didn't, thought he should have been fired until he was.

I still believe in truth, I still believe that we are a nation of laws and not of men, and I still believe the truth will prevail and justice usually does. Not all the time but usually does
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 18:19

I want the country to run to historical norms.

That means the President isn't hitting up the head of the FBI for a promise of loyalty rather than to uphold the laws of the US.

It means a President who doesn't have adult children traveling across the country and across the world drumming up business that's being run by the adult children all the while requiring FBI travel and billing the FBI and the government for not only the FBI lodging in hotels they own but billing the government for their lodging at their hotels.

It means not having a President who consistently lies and talks about Fake News

It means not having a President go after the judicial branch because it doesn't rubber stamp executive orders.

That means a President who isn't inviting Russians into the Oval Office and having the meeting only covered by "journalist/photographers" from TASS and no US media.

I didn't agree with everything Comey did regarding Clinton emails but I also understand the government investigations into Russian involvement wasn't ready to be released and also know Comey had been directed to President Obama to not go public with any findings prior to the election.

Right now we have a guy in The White House who has regularly bullied contractors into minimum or no payments for his projects. It appears he tried the nice guy, be loyal to me and I'll help you with the wrong guy when he asked Comey for dinner.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 18:25

GRR Spartan wrote:I want the country to run to historical norms.

The Dems throwing fits like babies and not accepting they got their asses beat in an election is right in line with historical norms.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 18:41

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I want the country to run to historical norms.

The Dems throwing fits like babies and not accepting they got their asses beat in an election is right in line with historical norms.

Couldn't coach with anyone who uses the line "not accepting they got beat". WTF does that mean exactly? "stop trying, we would, cause we're pussies". Fuck that. You bet I don't accept my side list to backwards knuckle dragging misogynistic lugheads. Tom Izzo walks off the floor not believing he's lost to some backwards team so he should just accept it? Bullshit. Good to know who has a quitter attitude
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-23, 11:11

Fox is disgusting propaganda. Just check out their continuing coverage of Pizzagate and you will see that they lend the complete bunk conspiracy story just enough "but what if" to not alienate their fringe audience. It's the same thing the Republican Party did with the Birthers, and Obama Muslim conspiracies which is what has led to the extremists in the White House. The word "News" needs a higher standard. And yes, I'm talking about policing speech. In the case of the 4th estate, poorly sourced garbage, or op-eds, should never be allowed to be called news. We need the fairness doctrine back. We need an end to the 24 hour news cycle. Fuck this shit. Just skim these. The wording is so carefully crafted not to say straight out the truth that anyone who lends any credence to this shit is a moron.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/05/how-internet-conspiracy-theory-led-gunman-into-dc-pizza-parlor.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/pizzagate-gunman-says-in-video-hes-standing-up-for-kids.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/pizzagate-shooter-to-be-sentenced-what-to-know-about-comet-ping-pong-conspiracies.html
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-23, 11:15

Rocinante wrote:Fox is disgusting propaganda. Just check out their continuing coverage of Pizzagate and you will see that they lend the complete bunk conspiracy story just enough "but what if" to not alienate their fringe audience. It's the same thing the Republican Party did with the Birthers, and Obama Muslim conspiracies which is what has led to the extremists in the White House. The word "News" needs a higher standard. And yes, I'm talking about policing speech. In the case of the 4th estate, poorly sourced garbage, or op-eds, should never be allowed to be called news. We need the fairness doctrine back. We need an end to the 24 hour news cycle. Fuck this shit. Just skim these. The wording is so carefully crafted not to say straight out the truth that anyone who lends any credence to this shit is a moron.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/05/how-internet-conspiracy-theory-led-gunman-into-dc-pizza-parlor.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/pizzagate-gunman-says-in-video-hes-standing-up-for-kids.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/pizzagate-shooter-to-be-sentenced-what-to-know-about-comet-ping-pong-conspiracies.html
welcome to the mainstream media.

they couldn't get enough of the sexual predator during the primaries and leading up to the election - I guess a lot of people like their "news" fed to them via a professional wrestling template... lies, smoke and mirrors, entertainment and a gullible populace that willfully gobbles it all up and begs for more.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-23, 22:56

There was a police chase in St. Louis. The cops put out a strip to stop the chase. The suspects shot at the cops. A African American citizen came out of his home to aide the police in the capture, and was told to surrender himself. He complied. A different officer showed up on the scene and promptly shot him. In the arm, luckily.

Oh there was another detail, the African American gentleman who tried to help is an off duty cop from the exact same precinct as the guy who shot him. Forever, from now on, anyone who says "oh just listen to the officers orders and you'll be fine" is even more of an idiot than they already were.

Here's the link
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-24, 09:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There was a police chase in St. Louis. The cops put out a strip to stop the chase. The suspects shot at the cops. A African American citizen came out of his home to aide the police in the capture, and was told to surrender himself. He complied. A different officer showed up on the scene and promptly shot him. In the arm, luckily.

Oh there was another detail, the African American gentleman who tried to help is an off duty cop from the exact same precinct as the guy who shot him. Forever, from now on, anyone who says "oh just listen to the officers orders and you'll be fine" is even more of an idiot than they already were.

Here's the link

Wow. Frustrating
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-06-24, 10:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There was a police chase in St. Louis. The cops put out a strip to stop the chase. The suspects shot at the cops. A African American citizen came out of his home to aide the police in the capture, and was told to surrender himself. He complied. A different officer showed up on the scene and promptly shot him. In the arm, luckily.

Here's the link

It's wrong for me to find this story humorous, right? I mean, the actual events of the story aren't humorous, but just the implication for all the badge lickers out there who defend everything cops do, that tickles me. Whose side do they take here? Such a quandary for them.

Fuck the police.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-24, 11:03

Oh they'll just ignore it. Much easier than way.

Also I'm so sorry I put this in this thread. Meant to put it in the Hodgey one. Apologies.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-24, 17:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh they'll just ignore it. Much easier than way.

Also I'm so sorry I put this in this thread. Meant to put it in the Hodgey one. Apologies.

I know. What the hell were you thinking? Oh, that's right, you weren't.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-24, 17:35

CNN Has to Completely Retract a Major Anti-Trump Story

That story blew up and was just another story designed to suggest both Jared Kushner and the President were tied to the Russians through Scaramucci. CNN has now completely retracted the story after the damage was done.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-26, 20:41

I decided to watch an hour of Fox News today so I could report back to you. You are welcome.

- religious freedom and playground equipment
- video of a North Korean woman being beaten by NK officials, which they wouldn't show because it was too bad. Immediately talking about Otto. It all was very scary though.
- Afghanistan- commenting on how the only reason we haven't been successful there is because we've never put in the resources necessary.
- Tucker is on oh good. We're talking about "trumps travel ban victory." They immediately brought on a token liberal. I've never heard of this guy. He seems like a fall guy. They're just sort of rearguing about the travel ban. They're mostly just yelling. Liberal guy can get out about a half sentence at a time. Not making them count.

- now we're talking about how evil CNN is. Fuck man. 8 minutes into prime time. No other news going on today. Oh, there's that "93% of trump coverage is negative" number that's so oft quoted here. He just called them a campaign organization. Ironic.
- sorry they're still talking about the evil media. While they were on that I've been reading the bottom line on a working theory so I'm not really listening. But rest assured, the media, except for them, is evil. Tucker just blamed the media for "there are weapons of mass destruction in iraq." Fuck man. Jesus. I mean.... man. Come on.
- commercial break. That's a solid 50% so far about how evil the liberal media is. Impressive.
- we're back and talking about "Russia hysteria!" As it relates to Obama. "Dems turn on Obama over Russia hysteria." Oh! Someone just said the word "healthcare" that's what I'm here for guys. It was in passing though :( The coup against trump is running out of steam. Great news.
commercial. When they come back we're talking about the guy that shot the congressman.
were back and true to his word we're talking about the deranged Bernie sanders fan. Some liberal talk show host (never heard of him) said that the guy shot the congressman because he thought he was protecting us from a tyrannical government. Weird. Gotta put him on prime time though. Basically they're making it seem like the big bad liberal is defending the shooter. It's weird.
Oh! The bottom line mentioned the CBO score!!! It did not mention 20 million people losing their insurance. Really it just said that it was released. Anyway, sorry, back to this weird conversation about tyranny.
Commercial, but when we get back we're talking about how a pro life group is sensored on twitter and then Bernie sanders again.

Okay, I'm out. Here's the thing and the reason why I did this.... I had this theory on what I might hear about the republicans effort to take away 20 million people's health insurance. And I was right. Not. A. Single. Word. A lot of those people are from places like West Virginia, Arkansas and Alabama where I'm guessing fox dominates the ratings. And they have no fucking idea what is happening. Not only that, but they spent so much time talking about how evil every other media source is that those people will automatically tune it out and assume it's not true. Of all the topics mentioned above, healthcare is the only one that will actually impact the lives of the people watching, but not a word. Despicable.

840- sorry it's still on we're talking about how Alaska stopped Columbus Day. Cool.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-26, 20:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I decided to watch an hour of Fox News today so I could report back to you. You are welcome.

- religious freedom and playground equipment
- video of a North Korean woman being beaten by NK officials, which they wouldn't show because it was too bad. Immediately talking about Otto. It all was very scary though.
- Afghanistan- commenting on how the only reason we haven't been successful there is because we've never put in the resources necessary.
- Tucker is on oh good. We're talking about "trumps travel ban victory." They immediately brought on a token liberal. I've never heard of this guy. He seems like a fall guy. They're just sort of rearguing about the travel ban. They're mostly just yelling. Liberal guy can get out about a half sentence at a time. Not making them count.

- now we're talking about how evil CNN is. Fuck man. 8 minutes into prime time. No other news going on today. Oh, there's that "93% of trump coverage is negative" number that's so oft quoted here. He just called them a campaign organization. Ironic.
- sorry they're still talking about the evil media. While they were on that I've been reading the bottom line on a working theory so I'm not really listening. But rest assured, the media, except for them, is evil. Tucker just blamed the media for "there are weapons of mass destruction in iraq." Fuck man. Jesus. I mean.... man. Come on.
- commercial break. That's a solid 50% so far about how evil the liberal media is. Impressive.
- we're back and talking about "Russia hysteria!" As it relates to Obama. "Dems turn on Obama over Russia hysteria." Oh! Someone just said the word "healthcare" that's what I'm here for guys. It was in passing though :( The coup against trump is running out of steam. Great news.
commercial. When they come back we're talking about the guy that shot the congressman.
were back and true to his word we're talking about the deranged Bernie sanders fan. Some liberal talk show host (never heard of him) said that the guy shot the congressman because he thought he was protecting us from a tyrannical government. Weird. Gotta put him on prime time though. Basically they're making it seem like the big bad liberal is defending the shooter. It's weird.
Oh! The bottom line mentioned the CBO score!!! It did not mention 20 million people losing their insurance. Really it just said that it was released. Anyway, sorry, back to this weird conversation about tyranny.
Commercial, but when we get back we're talking about how a pro life group is sensored on twitter and then Bernie sanders again.

Okay, I'm out. Here's the thing and the reason why I did this.... I had this theory on what I might hear about the republicans effort to take away 20 million people's health insurance. And I was right. Not. A. Single. Word. A lot of those people are from places like West Virginia, Arkansas and Alabama where I'm guessing fox dominates the ratings. And they have no fucking idea what is happening. Not only that, but they spent so much time talking about how evil every other media source is that those people will automatically tune it out and assume it's not true. Of all the topics mentioned above, healthcare is the only one that will actually impact the lives of the people watching, but not a word. Despicable.

840- sorry it's still on we're talking about how Alaska stopped Columbus Day. Cool.

You made it through almost an hour of Tucker Carlson?

At least watch an hour when a chick is on. Geez.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-26, 21:00

I just picked prime time nigel, when they reach the most viewers.

You know. I lied a little bit. I expected them to talk about healthcare. But to take the paul ryan line of "oh the cbo is just total bullshit." I really didn't think they'd totally ignore it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-26, 21:07

LooseGoose wrote:CNN Has to Completely Retract a Major Anti-Trump Story

That story blew up and was just another story designed to suggest both Jared Kushner and the President were tied to the Russians through Scaramucci. CNN has now completely retracted the story after the damage was done.

Do they have accountability at your prefered sources: Fox, Breitbart, and InfoWars?

Three CNN staffers resign over retracted Scaramucci-Russia story
http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/06/26/cnn-resign-russia-scaramucci-239975
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-26, 22:42

Don't have to make up anti Trump stories.

Unless you think admitting you lied about taping conversations to cast doubt on a former FBI director.

Trumpites would fire an employee for what Trump did but admire his street smarts when he lies as Commander in Chief
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-26, 22:45

#Comeyliedpeopledied
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-26, 23:14

#ThePissTapeIsReal
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-26, 23:44

Rocinante wrote:#ThePissTapeIsReal

#Guaranteedbuttrumanzeeswon'tcareaslongasthebrownonesareoutofthecountry
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-26, 23:45

Could you imagine? I am sure his most ardent defenders would be saying it was because he got stung by a jellyfish.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-26, 23:46

DWags wrote:

#Guaranteedbuttrumanzeeswon'tcareaslongasthebrownonesareoutofthecountry

I hate WMU as much as the next guy, but I do not want them out of the country.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-27, 15:16

Hey let's see what's going on over at Fox News' website as the senate health care bill that will effect almost all Americans and 1/6th of the economy stalls temporarily, but certainly not permanently...

Aw Jesus fuckin Christ guys come on.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 20 Img_2510
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-27, 15:18

I watch none of the mainstream media that managed to get the sexual predator elected.. but the fact that CNN retracted a story (if, in fact, they did), says more about their integrity than any of the lies that the other networks espouse, not to mention the lies coming out of the sexual predator's camp the last 16+ months.

so, if they did indeed retract a story, good for them. Gives me hope that at least one entity between the mainstream media and the sexual predator has a shred of ethics.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-27, 15:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey let's see what's going on over at Fox News' website as the senate health care bill that will effect almost all Americans and 1/6th of the economy stalls temporarily, but certainly not permanently...

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 20 Img_2510

It is Mitch Album territory. When things get bad at UM, revisit the MSU riots. When Trump is a disaster, talk about Obama's vacations.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-27, 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey let's see what's going on over at Fox News' website as the senate health care bill that will effect almost all Americans and 1/6th of the economy stalls temporarily, but certainly not permanently...

It is Mitch Album territory. When things get bad at UM, revisit the MSU riots. When Trump is a disaster, talk about Obama's vacations.

It's so frustrating to me just because millions of people follow only this, only the headlines even, and that's what they think is the biggest thing going on out there right now. No clue that their republican senator is voting to take money from their health care and give it to a billionaire. None.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-27, 15:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's so frustrating to me just because millions of people follow only this, only the headlines even, and that's what they think is the biggest thing going on out there right now. No clue that their republican senator is voting to take money from their health care and give it to a billionaire. None.
been saying for years - America is stupid. Look how they were duped last November and continue to willfully be duped. When we all are ready to admit it to ourselves, we'll then be able to hopefully move forward.

until then, I'll just sit back and get a kick out of the stupidity within the sexual predator's administration, his followers and the mainstream media that created them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-27, 16:51

I'm sorry that having our Black former President enjoy his retirement bothers you so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-27, 17:06

If there's media bias, did they do it very well in the election?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-27, 17:07

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm sorry that having our Black former President enjoy his retirement bothers you so.

I think his point is that it really seems to bother you and your Fox News brethren.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-27, 17:08

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I think his point is that it really seems to bother you and your Fox News brethren.

Doesn't bother me a bit, I'd much rather have him on vacation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-27, 17:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It is so hot when you lie to me, Goose.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-27, 18:08

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You are attached to that slur.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-27, 18:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You are attached to that slur.

What slur? Oh, and calm down. Get some self control, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next