Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 14:06

xsanguine wrote:I've changed my homepage to MSNBC so that I can be enlightened on reality.

Why not just change it to Rachel Maddow's Twitter page?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 14:09

What Vox/Jezebel/Gawker, etc. don't mention is that the negative coverage on Hillary is in an attempt to promote even stronger leftist points in support of Bernie Sanders. It's not that the coverage is anti-left... It's anti-Hillary because she's not "left enough". Not really negating the point. All the crazy leftists on my FB are posting tons of anti-Hillary stuff because they want more wealth redistribution through coercion and initiation of violence
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 14:10

I like Rachel Maddow, btw. I think. I don't remember. I'm Up North (TM) and been drinking at these small town bars in Charlevoix.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 14:11

xsanguine wrote:What Vox/Jezebel/Gawker, etc. don't mention is that the negative coverage on Hillary is in an attempt to promote even stronger leftist points in support of Bernie Sanders. It's not that the coverage is anti-left... It's anti-Hillary because she's not "left enough". Not really negating the point. All the crazy leftists on my FB are posting tons of anti-Hillary stuff because they want more wealth redistribution through coercion and initiation of violence

Which I assume is the fault of the right because obviously it's misogyny.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 14:18

I especially love Vox's take on gun control. All we need is more violence through "official" channels and all will be better.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-06, 11:09

And it gets worse for poor Katie....

Katie Couric’s Anti-Gun Producers Repeatedly Violated Federal Gun Laws

In the video, Soechtig openly admits that she directed one of her employees to purchase guns across state lines, and that he absolutely followed her orders:
"SOECHTIG: We sent a producer out and he was from Colorado. He went to Arizona, and he was able to buy a Bushmaster and then three other pistols without a background check in a matter of four hours. And that’s perfectly legal. He wasn’t doing some sort of underground market.

[..]

And he just met someone in the parking lot of Wendy’s and bought a Bushmaster. Legally. Like, this is legal."

Except it’s not legal. Like, it’s illegal. Super duper illegal. Quadruple illegal in the case of the Soechtig employee who purchased four firearms across state lines without processing the sale through a federal firearms licensee (FFL) in his home state of Colorado.

Federal law is abundantly clear on what types of transactions require federal background checks. Gun owners tend to understand these laws incredibly well. Gun controllers like Soechtig do not. Under federal law, all gun purchases from an FFL must be accompanied by a federal background check. It doesn’t matter if the FFL sells a gun at a retail location, at a gun show, or out of the back of a car in a Wendy’s parking lot. All FFL transactions require a federal background check. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from: if you buy a gun from an FFL, the FFL must confirm that you have passed a federal background check.

Next we have interstate purchases, all of which must be conducted through an FFL in the buyer’s home state. It is illegal to purchase a gun across state lines unless the transaction is processed through an FFL in the buyer’s home state. And what did we just learn about all FFL purchases? That they require federal background checks. Ergo, all interstate purchases must be accompanied by federal background checks.

What does that mean? It means that a producer who resides in Colorado cannot legally buy a gun in Arizona unless that gun is shipped to an FFL in Colorado, whereby that FFL confirms that the Colorado resident can legally own that firearm. The Colorado resident who bought the gun from someone in Arizona cannot take possession of that gun until the Colorado FFL receives the gun from Arizona and confirms that the Colorado buyer can legally own that weapon. Once that happens, the Colorado FFL would transfer possession of the gun to the Colorado buyer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-06, 11:25

I'm shocked that the mainstream media would participate in something like this..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-22, 15:46

RE: the big Sit in today:

Kristen S Anderson ‏@KSoltisAnderson 16m16 minutes ago
When Republicans did this in 2008 the word "stunt" was used more often than "historic." Weird.

Joe PerticoneVerified account ‏@JoePerticone
In a gaggle of 30 reporters, every reporter asked about how "historic" the sit in was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-22, 15:50

Gabriel Malor ‏@gabrielmalor
Here we go again. House Dems stage a sit in. House GOP allows a vote. Dems tank gun control bills. Dems throw giant tanty. Media eats it up.

Gabriel Malor ‏@gabrielmalor 25m25 minutes ago
Reminder: this is a well-trod path, and the media knows just what their role is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-22, 16:29

Melissa Clouthier Retweeted
Laura Ingraham ‏@IngrahamAngle 22m22 minutes ago
Remember when @TedCruz shut down the Senate re. Obamacare? They called him a fanatic. But today media hail Dems as gun control heroes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-22, 16:41

LooseGoose wrote:Melissa Clouthier Retweeted
Remember when @TedCruz shut down the Senate re. Obamacare? They called him a fanatic. But today media hail Dems as gun control heroes.

1) Cruz was part of a 16 day government shutdown. Is that really analogous to today's sit-in in Congress?
2) Ingraham is omitting the fact that a lot of Rs came away from that 16 day shutdown also thinking Cruz was a fanatic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-22, 20:31

Andy must not realize yet that the Dems know their allies.

Andrew Desiderio ‏@desiderioDC
Rep. Jim Clyburn just turned to us and thanked the media. Round of applause for the media from House Democrats.

This is weird.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-22, 20:37

LooseGoose wrote:RE: the big Sit in today:

Kristen S Anderson ‏@KSoltisAnderson 16m16 minutes ago
When Republicans did this in 2008 the word "stunt" was used more often than "historic." Weird.

Joe PerticoneVerified account ‏@JoePerticone
In a gaggle of 30 reporters, every reporter asked about how "historic" the sit in was.

I love KSA.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 10:22

LooseGoose wrote:Melissa Clouthier Retweeted
and.. in both cases, Democrats are on the side of "pro-life"...

which makes them great Americans. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-23, 10:25

Lady Gaga Signs on to Campaign to Stop Gun Violence

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 ClpEdWIWAAIWEbn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 11:00

CNN is really pushing Gary Johnson. Are other TV news outlets doing the same? I only get CNN. I find it rather annoying. I realize it is because he is polling well, but they should mention Jill Stein every now and again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-23, 11:12

Turtleneck wrote:CNN is really pushing Gary Johnson. Are other TV news outlets doing the same? I only get CNN. I find it rather annoying. I realize it is because he is polling well, but they should mention Jill Stein every now and again.
You sound a little green with envy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 11:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:CNN is really pushing Gary Johnson. Are other TV news outlets doing the same? I only get CNN. I find it rather annoying. I realize it is because he is polling well, but they should mention Jill Stein every now and again.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 502811600

If their goal is to educate the public on other options, they are not doing a good job. However, it is becoming obvious this is more about undermining Trump.

CNN has moved to the center in recent years, but I think they need to be more expansive in their coverage of third party candidates if they want to appear objective.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 14:45

Rep. Duckworth Hid Smart Phone In Leg Prosthetics During House Sit-In
http://chicagoist.com/2016/06/23/rep_duckworth_hid_her_phone_in_pros.php
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 14:59

Turtleneck wrote:
Rep. Duckworth Hid Smart Phone In Leg Prosthetics During House Sit-In
http://chicagoist.com/2016/06/23/rep_duckworth_hid_her_phone_in_pros.php
what a pathetic person she is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-23, 16:44

As we see on here occasionally - a bunch of parrots. Historic, historic, historic, never before, never before....lol....well except in 2008 when the R's did it and the media thought it childish not historic or dramatic.

House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking By John Bresnahan 08/01/08 12:13 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House, turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.
Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m., and they are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess.

At one point, the lights went off in the House and the microphones were turned off in the chamber, meaning Republicans were talking in the dark. But as Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz..) was speaking, the lights went back on and the microphones were turned on shortly afterward.

"This is the people's House," said Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.). "This is not Pelosi's politiburo."
Democratic aides were furious at the GOP stunt, and reporters were kicked out of the Speaker's Lobby, the space next to the House floor where they normally interview lawmakers.

"You're not covering this, are you?" complained one senior Democratic aide. Another called the Republicans "morons" for staying on the floor.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-04, 19:48

Fact-Checking The Washington Post’s Callum Borchers

My NewsBusters colleagues Brent Bozell and Tim Graham took note of my Reliable Sources appearance here in which they absolutely shred the clear liberal bias over there at PolitiFact. After listing one example after another of how liberals at PolitiFact play the “fact checking” game, Bozell and Graham note:

This is a pattern with PolitiFact. Overall, they've rated Trump as Mostly False/False/"Pants on Fire" 77 percent of the time. But they've rated Hillary as False 27 percent of the time.

The PolitiFact political agenda jumps off the page. Republicans: Ted Cruz lands on the "false" side 65 percent of the time, Newt Gingrich 57 percent of the time, and Rick Santorum 55 percent of the time. Democrats: Obama is ruled false 25 percent of the time and Bernie Sanders is false only 30 percent of the time. This is the guy who routinely says "the business model of Wall Street is fraud."

In fact (that word again) the entire NewsBusters site is filled 24/7 with examples of how the liberal media — yes The Washington Post included — has a mystifyingly non-existent relationship with “the facts,” manipulating them as needed when not ignoring them altogether.

I myself took note a couple years of a particularly flagrant example at Mr. Borcher’s Washington Post, as seen here. To briefly recount, the example at hand arose with the Post’s obituary for its late executive editor Ben Bradlee. I must confess I was always something of a Bradlee fan, his rascally charm and blunt spoken ways impossible to resist. Yet in his very blunt spoken fashion, Bradlee himself was unafraid to admit that yes, when he was the Washington Bureau chief for Newsweek, he quite deliberately concealed the facts of an explosive story.

The long and short of the story is that in the fall of 1964 when his own sister-in-law, Mary Pinchot Meyer, was found murdered on the C&O canal path in Washington, Bradlee and his wife discovered her journal — a journal that revealed Mary Meyer had been having an affair with one of Ben Bradlee’s recently deceased best friends — President John F. Kennedy. Bradlee, writing of this in his 1995 memoirs, admits to being “stunned” and feeling “betrayed” that his buddy JFK was having an affair with his then-sister-in-law.

Bradlee goes on to admit that he said not a peep about this, and was outraged in 1976, a dozen years after the murder, to find that the National Enquirer had obtained the journal, with the paper explosively stating that not only had the two lovers been carrying on an affair in the White House but marijuana was involved on three occasions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-04, 22:10

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 502811600

If their goal is to educate the public on other options, they are not doing a good job. However, it is becoming obvious this is more about undermining Trump.

CNN has moved to the center in recent years, but I think they need to be more expansive in their coverage of third party candidates if they want to appear objective.

I love CNN...

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-07, 10:51

And I'll preface this with the fact that I think Bill Schuette is one of the biggest pukes Michigan politics has ever produced....but I also think Glenn Reynolds has a point.

THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOR COULD BE PROSECUTED AS A CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY, IF ANYONE HAD THE GUTS: Schuette: 40 ‘thugs’ attack Midland home.

Lansing — Attorney General Bill Schuette’s office says 40 “thugs” attacked his Midland home Wednesday afternoon by pounding on the windows and doors while his wife was home alone in protest over a controversial oil pipeline in the Straits of Mackinac.

Michigan State Police troopers assisted Midland police in responding to the scene at Schuette’s home, but “the crowd eventually dispersed and no arrests were made,” state police spokeswoman Shanon Banner said Wednesday.

“This was a cowardly assault by professional protestors whose car license plates mostly appeared to be from out of state,” Schuette spokeswoman Andrea Bitely said in a statement.

The protesters beat on the front door of the Schuettes’ home for about 30 minutes, Bitely said.

“Based on how violent the beating of the front door sounded from inside, Mrs. Schuette believed during the attack that the goal was to break the front door down,” Schuette’s spokeswoman said.

You’ve got the license numbers. If nothing else, sue them for trespass. And can you imagine the national uproar if, say, Tea Party protesters had done this to a Democratic politician?

Schuette: 40 ‘thugs’ attack Midland home
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-07, 10:52

thugs?

so police officers attacked his Midland home and shot black people??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-07, 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:thugs?

With your anger issues it doesn't surprise me that you support terrorizing a politician's wife in her home.

BTW - Nice swerve by trying to inject race into it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-07, 12:03

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thugs?

With your anger issues it doesn't surprise me that you support terrorizing a politician's wife in her home.

BTW - Nice swerve by trying to inject race into it.
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-12, 09:14

McCain or Romney could have told him this was coming....

Harvard study: As Trump won, media coverage turned sharply negative

A new report from Harvard University says press coverage of Donald Trump's presidential campaign become progressively more negative as Trump built a lead in the Republican primaries — and soared after Trump clinched the GOP nomination.

A graph in the report from the Shorenstein Center of Media, Politics and Public Policy forms an almost perfect "X," as Trump coverage went from 57 percent positive and 43 percent negative during the early Republican primaries to 61 percent negative and 39 percent positive after Trump defeated his last Republican rivals.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 071116Figure10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-12, 10:43

I agree that happens. However as great sports teams become dynasties I'm willing to bet the press nationally becomes more negative also. It's what we tend to do in America as we see teams or individuals rise. We are haters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-12, 11:47

LooseGoose wrote:McCain or Romney could have told him this was coming....

Harvard study: As Trump won, media coverage turned sharply negative

A new report from Harvard University says press coverage of Donald Trump's presidential campaign become progressively more negative as Trump built a lead in the Republican primaries — and soared after Trump clinched the GOP nomination.

A graph in the report from the Shorenstein Center of Media, Politics and Public Policy forms an almost perfect "X," as Trump coverage went from 57 percent positive and 43 percent negative during the early Republican primaries to 61 percent negative and 39 percent positive after Trump defeated his last Republican rivals.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 071116Figure10

Trump didn't exactly help his own cause to overcome the media bias.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-12, 12:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:Trump didn't exactly help his own cause to overcome the media bias.

True enough - but they wanted him to get the nomination because of the story. They don't want him to actually win.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-12, 12:39

bump for those who spend time watching the mainstream media.. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 502811600

(if you can tear yourself away from Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News, Entertainment Tonight, etc long enough to read this)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-22, 17:06

WikiLeaksVerified account ‏@wikileaks
#DNCLeaks: "Politico reporter made secret 'agreement' to send an advanced copy of Hillary Clinton story to DNC"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-25, 11:26

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946 Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/07/23/nothing-to-see-here-nbc-news-chuck-todd-responds-after-being-named-in-dncleak-email/
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-25, 11:28

Just confirms what we already knew--Democrats have become the anti democracy, anti American party and are now being exposed for everyone to see. What an embarrassment.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 Empty Never realized how bias cnn is until last night

Post by Blanch32 2016-07-26, 07:42

Watched the Republican convention, and now the democrats. Holy blue wall! Cnn couldn't show enough shots of old out of touch looking Republicans, and man did they do quick shots of the demos...and avoid showing any in protest on on their phone looking bored.

Then they show every speaker with minimal commentary and all the videos and songs. At the Republican cinvention they instead used that time to ignore certain speakers and instead for
Throw in their 2 senses.

From what I can tell, the only different between them and fox is their subtleties. Curious if a libertarian network is ever started
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-27, 09:34

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946 Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946

The New York Times in 2012 RE: Mitt Romney
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 CoX3H-zXgAA-fIi

The New York Times in 2016 RE: Donald Trump
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 CoX3H-yWgAAfVjp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-28, 13:30

LooseGoose wrote:Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946 Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946

The New York Times in 2012 RE: Mitt Romney
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 CoX3H-zXgAA-fIi

The New York Times in 2016 RE: Donald Trump
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 CoX3H-yWgAAfVjp

lol! Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 3 1966794946
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next