Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 12 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by TheReal_LWS 19/12/17, 08:03 am

tTy wrote:LMFAO, I bought 1.48 LTC's yesterday for a couple bucks shy of $500.00.  Looked back at my account history and I bought 20.16 for $773 in late June.  Bought 6.5 for $161 on May 3rd.

Really wish I would have pounded LTC harder after I realized that BTC and ETH were legit.  Oh well...... 2018 is a brand new year, I already know a million percent more than I did at this time last year, and if opportunity presents itself I pray I have the balls to pounce..... I just hate the thought of creating a tax event, but if/when it becomes clear that I could move everything into a can't miss lotto ticket, I may do it.

Veritaseum seems like it might be the ticket.  I have been watching this one for months.  Looked into buying it, it seemed like a fucking pain in the ass back in, what, August when I first brought it up?  Maybe things have changed since then.  I don't know, just posting posts....... This crypto stuff is crazy though.  I hope I've helped some of you make   some cash here..... I wish I'd have seen more participation in the thread earlier on back in late spring, early summer..... I tried.  All that said, we are ALL still early adopters.  We all can still make a LOT of money on this stuff and secure the financial future of ourselves and loved ones.  There will be other, probably even bigger, opportunities coming in the near future if we can only identify them before they go mainstream.  I think this Hashgraph shit might be the big one that takes out blockchain and makes paper money turn to shit.  We'll see.

LTC banging on 380, YO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am still unsure of tax implications. The money I have invested is not money I need so I am not going to pull it out anytime soon, but if I want to buy that Lambo some day I imagine the government is going to hit me hard.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 12 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Guest 19/12/17, 08:06 am

Silly people paying taxes. Stick it to the man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 19/12/17, 08:19 am

LooseGoose wrote:Silly people paying taxes. Stick it to the man.

So should I open an offshore account?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 19/12/17, 08:24 am

I'm gonna use my bit coins to get buzz cut and then, with whatever is left over, I'll pick up some bibles and guns.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 19/12/17, 09:48 am

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GBTC?p=GBTC

Got out at the opening bell. Keep dropping baby! I want to buy back in cheap.

This is all being traded in a Roth IRA. No taxes. No capital gains. Trade orders filled within seconds. Sure I can't touch the money until I'm 59 1/2 but that was pretty much the plan anyway. I'm not saying this is the way to go, but this is the way to go.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 19/12/17, 07:47 pm

coinbase just launched BCH service and if you have BTC in your coinbase account from prior to the hardfork, you should have BCH now. They are offering buys/sells and all hell is breaking loose now. lmfao
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 07:53 pm

tTy wrote:coinbase just launched BCH service and if you have BTC in your coinbase account from prior to the hardfork, you should have BCH now.  They are offering buys/sells and all hell is breaking loose now.  lmfao

Nice. They were originally saying January.

BCH @ $3000 pays for my original investment and some (bought @ $2g). Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 12 502811600
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 07:58 pm

BCH is on GDAX too (owned by Coinbase).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 19/12/17, 08:38 pm

tTy wrote:coinbase just launched BCH service and if you have BTC in your coinbase account from prior to the hardfork, you should have BCH now. They are offering buys/sells and all hell is breaking loose now. lmfao

Bitcoin Cash at $8500 on Coinbase???? What the fuck
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 08:42 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
tTy wrote:coinbase just launched BCH service and if you have BTC in your coinbase account from prior to the hardfork, you should have BCH now. They are offering buys/sells and all hell is breaking loose now. lmfao

Bitcoin Cash at $8500 on Coinbase???? What the fuck

Might not be legit? GDAX didn't have prices 5 mins ago, now shows $8500
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 19/12/17, 08:44 pm

I'm seeing anywhere between 8500-9500 on Coinbase/GDAX and 3500 everywhere else..... Coinbase/GDAX are puking.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 19/12/17, 08:51 pm

If this shit was happening 1 year earlier when I was making that sweet caf + 5dimes $$$, or 1 year later when I have a real job I'd be all over it. Fuck student teaching
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 08:53 pm

Alright question. If I'm going to send my BCH to Coinbase/GDAX do I use the same "address" number in my BTC wallet? The warnings on GDAX/Coinbase have me scared to move.

* Warning. Send only Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to this address.

* Only send Bitcoin (BTC) to this address
Sending any other digital asset, including Bitcoin Cash and USDT, will result in permanent loss.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 19/12/17, 09:01 pm

If your BCH and BTC reside on the same paper wallet, I'd be very careful homie. And, no, it looks like BTC has it's own public key and BCH has a totally nother public key.

I think you can strip BTC/BCH/BTGold from one another off of the same public key by using coinami app.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 19/12/17, 09:04 pm

Personally, I'd sell BTC before I sold BCH right now.  BCH is going higher.

Rumor: I'm not selling jackfaking shid tho.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 09:06 pm

tTy wrote:If your BCH and BTC reside on the same paper wallet, I'd be very careful homie. And, no, it looks like BTC has it's own public key and BCH has a totally nother public key.

I think you can strip BTC/BCH/BTGold from one another off of the same public key by using coinami app.

Agree, I'll tread carefully. I moved them to a wallet before the fork and haven't touched it since. I checked the link you sent and if I put the "address" in for BTC, BTH or BTG it shows the same amount of coins (different values obv). I gotta look into this more carefully before pulling the trigger.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 09:07 pm

tTy wrote:I'm seeing anywhere between 8500-9500 on Coinbase/GDAX and 3500 everywhere else..... Coinbase/GDAX are puking.

Numbers haven't moved a lick... system is fubar
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 19/12/17, 09:07 pm

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/17, 09:13 pm

Nordic wrote:I gotta look into this more carefully before pulling the trigger.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll get you the address for a nice safe wallet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 19/12/17, 09:18 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Nordic wrote:I gotta look into this more carefully before pulling the trigger.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll get you the address for a nice safe wallet.

Will it have a Forest road in Mio address?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 20/12/17, 06:46 am

SO.....

Go to an exchange (Coinbase)
Buy a crypto with USD
Receive receipt for transaction
Receipt will have a digital key designating your purchase
buy a wallet or have a paper wallet to store your key(cryptos).

That cover it?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 20/12/17, 07:51 am

Yep
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 20/12/17, 08:21 am

BTC is rebounding nicely. Almost back to 18k. Time to re-up!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 20/12/17, 08:27 am

Nordic wrote:Yep

Looks as though the crypto I'm interested in isn't available through coinbase. Looks like I'll have to buy ETH, transfer to Binance. Use Binance to purchase my crypto. Binance appears the best of the non based US exchanges.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/12/17, 08:44 am

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Will it have a Forest road in Mio address?

Either that or Mushroom Beach, Jamaica.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/12/17, 10:20 am

Reading the Babylon Bee this morning.....

Treasure In Heaven Revealed To Be Bitcoin

HEAVEN—The treasure that Christians are currently storing up for themselves in heaven through faithfulness in Christ was revealed to actually be a collection of Bitcoins set aside for each believer, sources in heaven confirmed Tuesday.

Upon being granted access to God through faith in Christ alone, believers will receive a generous helping of the internet cryptocurrency in proportion to their service to the Kingdom of God.

“Moth and rust can’t destroy Bitcoin, and thieves can’t break in and steal it, because it’s abstract imaginary internet money, so it’s perfect for our purposes,” a heavenly representative standing near the entry line said, as a recently deceased believer entered the pearly gates and was given instructions for logging into his Bitcoin software wallet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 20/12/17, 10:44 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:Yep

Looks as though the crypto I'm interested in isn't available through coinbase. Looks like I'll have to buy ETH, transfer to Binance. Use Binance to purchase my crypto. Binance appears the best of the non based US exchanges.

There is a thread on the RCMB about this as well, the last few pages yesterday were talking about this very thing. A couple people recommend going Coinbase >> GDAX>> Binance. Coinbase and GDAX are the same company and you can transfer back and forth for free (haven't done it yet). Apparently GDAX is more friendly to transfer to Binance. I have no idea though... check out the thread. I'm not messing with any of the 1000s of other Cryptos right now.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/12/17, 01:50 pm

A Cryptocurrency Founder Sold All His Coins After 7,500% Rally

He can say what he will....... I say he's bailing before the pop.

Using his ability to comment is weak
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 20/12/17, 03:10 pm

Coin base: Not impressed. So many "technical issues". Makes me wonder...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 20/12/17, 04:44 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Coin base:  Not impressed.  So many "technical issues".  Makes me wonder...

I think you will find that with all of them. Especially during high volume, which it has basically been the last two weeks. I've only used Coinbase, no issues to report moving stuff in or out.

I want to try out GDAX, but just too busy to fuck with it.  Let it roll.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 20/12/17, 06:55 pm

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Coin base:  Not impressed.  So many "technical issues".  Makes me wonder...

I think you will find that with all of them. Especially during high volume, which it has basically been the last two weeks. I've only used Coinbase, no issues to report moving stuff in or out.

I want to try out GDAX, but just too busy to fuck with it.  Let it roll.

Yup. GDAX, Kaken, Coinbase, all under "heavy load". Can't verify my identity. 3 attempts with Coinbase. Odd....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 20/12/17, 06:58 pm

Coinbase is fine when people aren't freaking the fuck out. Remember they are adding 100,000 new customer per DAY. They are growing as fast as the price of the cryptos. It would actually be strange to me if they did NOT have tech issues dealing with all of this.

As for Charlie Lee bailing on LTC, seems like a big nothing burger to me. I think it's a bad decision on his part, but this isn't going to be known as The Charlie Lee Top for the cryptos 5 years form now. People are going to be talking about how Charlie Lee could have been a hundred billionaire by now.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 20/12/17, 07:00 pm

Compared to mt gox, Coinbase is fine.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 20/12/17, 09:17 pm

Since every exchange appears seized up when trying to register or buy cryptos.....how long does this last? Seems like a pretty frail infrastructure.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 20/12/17, 09:26 pm

Like in the story I posted yesterday. All hell is going to break loose if shit freefalls. No way will people get out anywhere close to when they want to.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 20/12/17, 09:53 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Like in the story I posted yesterday. All hell is going to break loose if shit freefalls. No way will people get out anywhere close to when they want to.

Looks like the wild wild West in the crypto world lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 20/12/17, 10:00 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Since every exchange appears seized up when trying to register or buy cryptos.....how long does this last? Seems like a pretty frail infrastructure.

Big banks are trying everything to break down the cryptos fo show
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 21/12/17, 07:02 am

Coin I wanted is up 45% in the last 24 hours and I'm shut out....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 21/12/17, 09:44 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Like in the story I posted yesterday. All hell is going to break loose if shit freefalls. No way will people get out anywhere close to when they want to.

There is no question that when if it crashes it will crash hard.. i'm sure there will be no issues moving $1m from coinbase to my paypal account.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 12 2275418548
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 21/12/17, 09:47 am

Nordic wrote:

There is no question that when if it crashes it will crash hard.. i'm sure there will be no issues moving $1m from coinbase to my paypal account.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 12 2275418548
It may take a few days. I'm capped at $50,000/day withdrawal.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next