Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

+27
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
MSU addict
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
tTy
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MattyFresh
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Wally Fairway
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
GRR Spartan
FatFingers
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Turtleneck
31 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 22 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-01, 20:30

BCH or Bitcoin Cash, is a fork, or split from the original BTC. Some people thought BTC blockchains needed to be scaled (see mining) so the powers that be split from the original Bitcoin on August 1st of last year. I wasnt really into cryptos at that point, so I really don't know much more than that. Ty can give you more info I'm sure. And i'm sure he'll call me a fucking moron because i didnt get this exactly right.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 22 Empty Re: Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask)

Post by Nordic 2018-07-01, 23:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:BCH or Bitcoin Cash, is a fork, or split from the original BTC. Some people thought BTC blockchains needed to be scaled (see mining) so the powers that be split from the original Bitcoin on August 1st of last year. I wasnt really into cryptos at that point, so I really don't know much more than that. Ty can give you more info I'm sure. And i'm sure he'll call me a fucking moron because i didnt get this exactly right.

That pretty much sums it up. If you had 1 BTC pre-split, you know have 1 BTC & 1 BCH.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-07-04, 07:37

There is BTC, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold. If you all held that that in a paper wallet as I adivsed, it all still resides there. All three of them.

I'm not interested in cashing anything out and so I have not researched cashing them out. I think there are very easy ways to separate them and cash them out, but I haven't looked into it.

thanks to all of you that have interest in this topic, but at the same time, Pylon, you are a fucking idiot. #Jokes.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-07-04, 08:01

Moved mine to a wallet before the BTC split. I wouldn't know how to move it out of I tried.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-04, 08:48

cheers
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-07-07, 19:58

Nordic wrote:Moved mine to a wallet before the BTC split. I wouldn't know how to move it out of I tried.

Google can help.

HODL

#AintSkeert
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-07-09, 15:39

Still holding mine.......still in the black. Haters can shut their mouths.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-07-09, 16:52

Sounds like Amway without the soap.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-09/half-of-icos-die-within-four-months-after-token-sales-finalized
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-07-09, 19:30

GRR Spartan wrote:Sounds like Amway without the soap.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-09/half-of-icos-die-within-four-months-after-token-sales-finalized

Might as well throw your money away on penny stocks.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-11, 08:06

TheReal_LWS wrote:

You know if you cashed out in December, or really any time after that you would have a shitload more money now, right? I sold about 90% of my crypto in January and now that money has returned around 7% YTD. Nothing earth shattering but I'm doing much better than you.

I'll get back in when everything bottoms out but we're not there yet. You big talkers are pretty dumb with your money.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-11, 11:05

tTy wrote:There is BTC, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold. If you all held that that in a paper wallet as I adivsed, it all still resides there. All three of them.

I'm not interested in cashing anything out and so I have not researched cashing them out. I think there are very easy ways to separate them and cash them out, but I haven't looked into it.

thanks to all of you that have interest in this topic, but at the same time, Pylon, you are a fucking idiot. #Jokes.

The reason Donald Trump's lies work is because he's president and his lies actually have real world effects beyond just self delusion. So if you're trying to lie up the value for your own benefit, I hope you are using bigger venues to do it. #tulips
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-24, 16:00

Bitcoin is starting to rise again. $8255 per coin right now. Where's Ty at to tell us we're all missing out.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-07-25, 10:17

Rocinante wrote:
tTy wrote:There is BTC, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold. If you all held that that in a paper wallet as I adivsed, it all still resides there. All three of them.

The reason Donald Trump's lies work is because he's president and his lies actually have real world effects beyond just self delusion. So if you're trying to lie up the value for your own benefit, I hope you are using bigger venues to do it. #tulips

You're an idiot. And always have been.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-25, 10:39

Love you too toots.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-08-02, 01:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

You know if you cashed out in December, or really any time after that you would have a shitload more money now, right? I sold about 90% of my crypto in January and now that money has returned around 7% YTD. Nothing earth shattering but I'm doing much better than you.

I'll get back in when everything bottoms out but we're not there yet. You big talkers are pretty dumb with your money.

FWIW, I have stated over and over and over in this thread that I'm not going to try to trade this shit. Trading is for fools in any "growth" sector. This is a growth sector. You miss one huge run-up and you'll never get back down to your original cost basis. Besides, like I've also said over and over and over in this thread, my cost basis on all of my cryptos are "move the decimal point to the left at least once and then maybe divide it by two" vs what the current price of these things are. Trading cryptos is for goofballs since nobody really knows what is going to happen to them going forward.

RE: Roc and the Trump Derangement post. LMFAO, no idea what you're even talking about homie. That said, #MAGAMOTHERFUCKER
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-08-02, 01:54

Ever notice I haven't advocated that anyone purchase a single ICO here?  Are you old enough to remember the dot-com boom?  There were hundreds or thousands of pump and dump companies that made people a LOT of money during a very short amount of time, then they all went to zero and lost a LOT of people a LOT of money during a very short time.  Oh, but also, there was GOOG, AMZN, FB and NFLX.... member them?????  They are worth a motherfucking fucking mother-load right now when compared to their ISO's....

Maybe, just maybe, buy and hold is the right strategy if you get a couple of these fucking crypto picks right afterall?

Pro-tip:  Yes, it is the right strategy.  I'll show you.  It may take more time than most of the attenshun spans around here are accustomed to though so let the mocking, ripping, bitching, moaning and doubting resume.  I got 8.5 more years left on my initial "10 year plan".  And even then I may still hold these things, all depends on if I need to buy myself another island or yacht by then... we'll see...
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-02, 08:31

You can never have enough islands

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 22 4113017228 what's the btc price? I seriously never check unless this thread gets bumped with info
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-02, 08:41

I made a good chunk of change again on aapl this week. They crushed it at earnings.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-11, 12:12

Keep buying pussies! The bottom is coming... Maybe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ccn.com/bitcoin-and-ethereum-fall-substantially-in-18-billion-crypto-market-wipeout/amp/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-11, 13:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Keep buying pussies! The bottom is coming... Maybe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ccn.com/bitcoin-and-ethereum-fall-substantially-in-18-billion-crypto-market-wipeout/amp/

What's the bottom?

This interesting and not surprising at the same time ..

For the first time in 2018, Bitcoin, the most dominant cryptocurrency in the global market, has obtained 50 percent of the market share, securing its year-to-date (YTD) high on the dominance index.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-11, 16:55

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Keep buying pussies! The bottom is coming... Maybe.

What's the bottom?

This interesting and not surprising at the same time ..

For the first time in 2018, Bitcoin, the most dominant cryptocurrency in the global market, has obtained 50 percent of the market share, securing its year-to-date (YTD) high on the dominance index.

Shit, no one knows. $5500? $0? Let's see where it goes!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-08-13, 21:41

I'm still buying. Stopped contributing max to my 401k so that I can buy moar silver and crypto. I may be wrong, but, then again, I might be rich as fuck in 10 years, or sooner, soooooo.....

In the latter case, this thread will be bumped a couple times a day. I will have my people do it for me, obv..... I'm not gonna have any time for none of that.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-13, 22:25

tTy wrote:I'm still buying.  Stopped contributing max to my 401k so that I can buy moar silver and crypto.  I may be wrong, but, then again, I might be rich as fuck in 10 years, or sooner, soooooo.....

In the latter case, this thread will be bumped a couple times a day.  I will have my people do it for me, obv..... I'm not gonna have any time for none of that.

You're not borrowing money from me when you're old as fuck and can only work as a Wal-Mart greeter.

#poorpeoplearelame
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-08-13, 22:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tTy wrote:I'm still buying.  Stopped contributing max to my 401k so that I can buy moar silver and crypto.  I may be wrong, but, then again, I might be rich as fuck in 10 years, or sooner, soooooo.....

In the latter case, this thread will be bumped a couple times a day.  I will have my people do it for me, obv..... I'm not gonna have any time for none of that.

You're not borrowing money from me when you're old as fuck and can only work as a Wal-Mart greeter.

#poorpeoplearelame

I wouldn't borrow money from you if it got to that point, I'd shoot you and bury you in my garden to fertilize my bean rows.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-13, 22:50

tTy, I only wish you well on this. You have balls to go all out on this, and face it, only people who took great risks have been rewarded greatly most of the time. Sure, some dumb ass lucky fuck wins the lottery here or there, but it's the people who go balls out that get the big time victories.

Me? I'm so fucking comfortably happy being so god damn middle american median man, average home, average wife, average kids, average cars, average vacation. I never burned brightly in my life, but I don't think I'll ever explode. I'm not the turtle, I"m not the hare, I'm the dumb ass boring mother fucking going an average speed, just trying not to upset too many people on my way to the six feet of dirt. Good luck to you tTy. You deserve to win big on this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-08-13, 23:07

DWags wrote:tTy, I only wish you well on this. You have balls to go all out on this, and face it, only people who took great risks have been rewarded greatly most of the time. Sure, some dumb ass lucky fuck wins the lottery here or there, but it's the people who go balls out that get the big time victories.

Me? I'm so fucking comfortably happy being so god damn middle american median man, average home, average wife, average kids, average cars, average vacation. I never burned brightly in my life, but I don't think I'll ever explode. I'm not the turtle, I"m not the hare, I'm the dumb ass boring mother fucking going an average speed, just trying not to upset too many people on my way to the six feet of dirt. Good luck to you tTy. You deserve to win big on this.

I've always been wrong, Wagner....... One of these days........... BOOM SHA LAKK LAKK BOOMMMM!!!!!!

IE: I'm super due homie.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-08-13, 23:35

tTy wrote:I'm still buying. Stopped contributing max to my 401k so that I can buy moar silver and crypto. I may be wrong, but, then again, I might be rich as fuck in 10 years, or sooner, soooooo.....

In the latter case, this thread will be bumped a couple times a day. I will have my people do it for me, obv..... I'm not gonna have any time for none of that.

You still holding/buying LTC?

If I was motivated I would swap my LTC & BCH for BTC & ETH, But I'm too lazy.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-14, 07:57

tTy wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

#poorpeoplearelame

I wouldn't borrow money from you if it got to that point, I'd shoot you and bury you in my garden to fertilize my bean rows.

Well that's just mean.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-15, 16:38

Ty? We'll love you no matter the price of bitcoin.

Crypto market crash prompts suicide concerns

The cryptocurrency market is seeing angry shades of red this week.

On Tuesday, the 20 largest cryptocurrencies by market cap all fell by 4% to 10%, with ether, token of the smart contracts platform Ethereum, taking the biggest hit, down to about $250, its lowest price of 2018. Ether was above $1,200 in January.

By Wednesday morning, coins were rallying slightly. But volume remained low, a possible sign that coins have still not seen the worst of this correction.

The losses have some crypto believers in serious emotional distress. On Tuesday, one of the top posts on the popular bitcoin forum of Reddit was information for suicide prevention hotlines.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-15, 19:06

I'll answer for him:

Bro, I went all in on ETC this week. Bought 1,000 more shares. It's about to take off but you wouldn't know anything about that because you believe the hater lies.

Also got 12 silver bars at 1,500 a pop. Going nowhere but up.

Also installed an atmospheric condenser in the basement. Bitches be jealous.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-04, 17:52

Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 22 1550444538

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/04/jpmorgan-says-next-crisis-will-feature-flash-crashes-and-social-unrest.html
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-05, 08:02

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-05, 08:05

We're overdue for a pullback, but I'm not going to buy into the doom and gloom some people are pushing. The instability in the current administration is a big fucking wildcard though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-09-05, 22:41

Nordic wrote:Introducing Ethereum (Bitcoin but better...or worse...depends on who you ask) - Page 22 1550444538

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/04/jpmorgan-says-next-crisis-will-feature-flash-crashes-and-social-unrest.html

Someone google "how much physical silver does JPMorgan actually own" and then get back to me....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-09-05, 22:50

Just added 150 oz silver, 3 oz gold this month..... JPMorgan is the one suppressing the price of precious metals right now while they accumulate the worlds largest ever stockpile of physical silver ever amassed. Why?

Answer: Fucking duh.

They know what is coming.

Google "Dedollarization"

It is going to happen.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-09-05, 22:53

Nordic wrote:
tTy wrote:I'm still buying. Stopped contributing max to my 401k so that I can buy moar silver and crypto. I may be wrong, but, then again, I might be rich as fuck in 10 years, or sooner, soooooo.....

You still holding/buying LTC?

If I was motivated I would swap my LTC & BCH for BTC & ETH, But I'm too lazy.

Yes, still holding and buying LTC. Still buying BTC. Still holding everything, still accumulating. I'm moving everything out of stocks, brokerages, throttling my investment in my 401k so that I can take stuff more "off-grid" in terms of cryptos and PM's. I'm accelerating this plan, not slowing down. No way I stop now.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-09-06, 10:17

tTy, whats up buddy? 24 days and counting until I get to shoot sharp sticks into the vitals of Odocoileus virginianus!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-06, 11:17

Google Zombies. It's going to happen.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-09-06, 11:46

tTy wrote:
Yes, still holding and buying LTC. Still buying BTC. Still holding everything, still accumulating. I'm moving everything out of stocks, brokerages, throttling my investment in my 401k so that I can take stuff more "off-grid" in terms of cryptos and PM's. I'm accelerating this plan, not slowing down. No way I stop now.....

So, I may have shared this story before...

I worked with a former state senator (an "in the know" political type & royal dickhead) who was CONVINCED Obama was going to outlaw all guns ("google it" circa 2008). Dude used 401k to buy crates of miscellaneous semi-automatics. Last I knew he was still working at 70.

MORAL: Be careful how you respond to your conspiracy theories.

(eg: "fake news" is real, but not what you think it is.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-09-06, 14:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tTy wrote:

So, I may have shared this story before...

I worked with a former state senator (an "in the know" political type & royal dickhead) who was CONVINCED Obama was going to outlaw all guns ("google it" circa 2008). Dude used 401k to buy crates of miscellaneous semi-automatics. Last I knew he was still working at 70.

MORAL: Be careful how you respond to your conspiracy theories.

(eg: "fake news" is real, but not what you think it is.)

You're a liar.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next