Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead

+9
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
DWags
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 Empty Re: Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-08, 09:15

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
sorry to hear about that, dude.

if it makes you feel any better, my Mom passed away 4 years ago and she didn't like me very much. She was nice enough and had her moments, I guess. I took her to see Springsteen in 1999. I thought that was nice of me.

Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 685334576

Are you serious? That breaks my heart if true, bob. I felt my parents hated me until I was about 22 or 23 when my grandmother passed then we got closer. But before then, after about age 13 i was never home, skipped from friends couch to friends couch till I got a car then spent many nights in there and never saw much of them and didn't have much contact with them because I figured they just didn't like me. In some morbid way I wish the death of my grandmother happened sooner because I would have really appreciated their affection during those years.

I envy those of you that treat your children like they're your world. That would have been nice. But I guess we all do the best with what we have
I know what you mean...

my parents were physically present but completely and totally emotionally absent. Neither of my parents ever said "I love you" to me.. which, at the almost age of 47, I realize is okay in a lot of ways. I know they loved me - I always had food, clothes, etc - they always came to my basketball, football, baseball games - they were just completely and totally incapable of offering any sort of emotional support and empathy. Kinda like you, I spent a lot of time away from the house, hanging with friends, etc. Kind of crashing at one place and then the next. I had a few (somewhat) minor brushes with the legal system - Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 502811600  - in a lot of ways, I can view things in a very circumspect way now and know that my relative success in school, my profession, as a spouse and as a father is a reflection of them. It might be in spite of them - I don't really know.

I had a brother that died tragically when I was 19 (he was only 20) - and they were never the same. I could see the years of neglectful regret on their face for the rest of their life (still do with my Dad). Overall, life is good - but we have to be willing to learn from it.

but, yeah, my wife and I are completely committed to our daughter (sorry For bin) in ways neither of us ever knew. We take pride in being able to say that the cycle of emotional neglect ends with us.

You're a good dude. Hang in there man - we all love you here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 Empty Re: Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 09:22

Jesus man, I never realized that but I was never told I love you or good job or I'm proud of you or any of that. The first time someone told me they loved me was a girlfriend when I was 16. She then proceeded to cheat on me.... Those were trying times. Seems like you turned out pretty well.

Do you make sure to tell your daughter how much she means to you? I hope I remember to do that. I ended up replacing that affection with animals. I've cried my eyes out when I knew I'd never see a particular dog I befriended many times. Humans I just could never give a shit for. I'm fucked up
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-08, 09:37

xsanguine wrote:Jesus man, I never realized that but I was never told I love you or good job or I'm proud of you or any of that. The first time someone told me they loved me was a girlfriend when I was 16. She then proceeded to cheat on me.... Those were trying times. Seems like you turned out pretty well.

Do you make sure to tell your daughter how much she means to you? I hope I remember to do that. I ended up replacing that affection with animals. I've cried my eyes out when I knew I'd never see a particular dog I befriended many times. Humans I just could never give a shit for. I'm fucked up
yeah, our daughter (sorry For bin) knows that our life revolves around her - for better and worse - Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 502811600 - my wife rides her pretty hard and I'm usually the "good cop" - though I'm very cognizant not to contradict my wife, as even when we disagree on things, our daughter can't really know that. Though she's 17 now and realizes how things work.

safe to say that both our daughter and myself are afraid of my wife - which is probably a good thing. Someone needs to keep us in line.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-08, 09:43

xsanguine wrote:Jesus man, I never realized that but I was never told I love you or good job or I'm proud of you or any of that. The first time someone told me they loved me was a girlfriend when I was 16. She then proceeded to cheat on me.... Those were trying times. Seems like you turned out pretty well.

my wife's dog is still available - PM if interested.

(don't even think about the cat, though - he's my man and the most perfect person ever)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-07-08, 10:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

(don't even think about the cat, though - he's my man and the most perfect person ever)

You being a cat person doesn't surprise me at all.

Still wishing you well, X.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 12:21

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Still wishing you well, X.

Thanks Roc. I've been unfair to you in the past and I do genuinely regret it. I've always respected you and consider you one of the best posters the swill has to offer. I plan on being more aware of what I say to people on here. I've got some very deep seeded issues from my childhood I've never confronted and probably won't get the chance to now, unfortunately. But I'm going to try to do the best I can with what I do have left. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 12:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I love all animals. I go into a lot of houses for work and if there's a dog, cat, whatever... I completely ignore the human and get right on the floor to play with the little creatures. Kids are different, I adore them. I just would rather the adults leave me alone.... Although I don't mind the attractive females, I'm lucky I've got good genes and so the ladies tend to be more receptive
But I'm rambling again.

Moral of the story; I love dogs and cats and pretty ladies. I even got to hang out with a horse the other day. What a magnificent creature they are. Had only been up close to one once before. Great souls they are
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-08, 12:28

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I have the same personality as the average cat.. kinda like "leave me alone.. if you're interesting enough for me to hang out with, I'll let you know" Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-08, 12:29

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: my wife's dog is still available - PM if interested.

I love all animals. I go into a lot of houses for work and if there's a dog, cat, whatever... I completely ignore the human and get right on the floor to play with the little creatures. Kids are different, I adore them. I just would rather the adults leave me alone.... Although I don't mind the attractive females, I'm lucky I've got good genes and so the ladies tend to be more receptive
But I'm rambling again.

Moral of the story; I love dogs and cats and pretty ladies. I even got to hang out with a horse the other day. What a magnificent creature they are. Had only been up close to one once before. Great souls they are
other than cats, I'm not a big fan of wildlife. In fact, I generally get freaked out by them really quickly.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

But I'm rambling again.

other than cats, I'm not a big fan of wildlife. In fact, I generally get freaked out by them really quickly.

Cats were my first love. But I get it. My dream is 200 acres in the UP with a pack of dogs, a gorgeous woman who can't speak but can cook.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-08, 13:27

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:other than cats, I'm not a big fan of wildlife. In fact, I generally get freaked out by them really quickly.

Cats were my first love. But I get it. My dream is 200 acres in the UP with a pack of dogs, a gorgeous woman who can't speak but can cook.
Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 20:59

I didn't mean that to come off as misogynistic as it did. Women have tremendous attributes that us men just can't seem to muster. They're phenomenal nurturers and just have a way with raising your spirits in ways that men just can't seem to do.
It's inter-species, too, in my experience. Besides the guard dog aspect (you need the male dog with the raised testosterone for that)... I'll always choose a female dog. There's something about the way they react to males that just melt my heart.

Cats all seem very feminine to me... at least until a male cat meets another male cat.... then it's game on.

I hope everything is going good for you, Bob. I've always appreciated your kindness even in the most adversarial of topics. Your wife and daughter are very lucky women. Or maybe they're rubbing off on you and you're the lucky one. Either way, you're an appreciated human being on this thing called the internet and I'm glad that they were able to turn your life around for the better. I know how it goes getting on the wrong side of the law and it's not fun. Cops are not very good people (I'm generalizing, of course).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-07-08, 21:02

Don't fuck your cat, x. It will scratch you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 21:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

But I'm rambling again.

You're not a bird watcher or deer watcher or anything? I love seeing creatures doing their thing. I took a video the other day of 4 bunnies hopping around, playing with each other. It was the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time. I love those little guys.... except when they get in my tomatoes. But even then I could never bring myself to do anything but build a fence to keep them out (and I'd still leave a tomato or two outside of the cage for them).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 21:04

Rocinante wrote:Don't fuck your cat, x. It will scratch you.

I learned that the.....hard way.... Roc.

In all seriousness I don't have a cat. I wish I did, though. I love those little guys and their whole "I'll come to you if I like you... if not, just leave me alone." I respect that about felines.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-08, 21:23

How ya doing tonight X? I hope you're feeling at least a bit better, that's all it's going to be for quite a while probably. A little bit better daily.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-08, 21:31

Time heals X. Best to you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 23:43

I don't mean to disparage my father. He did get me involved in football, baseball, soccer, basketball, hockey, boy scouts... and is solely responsible for getting me professional guitar lessons which ended up earning me quite a large sum of money down the road.

He just wasn't there emotionally or said anything other than "Yeah well... you should have done better" whenever I'd come to him with an accomplishment.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 23:46

LooseGoose wrote:How ya doing tonight X? I hope you're feeling at least a bit better, that's all it's going to be for quite a while probably. A little bit better daily.

I don't know. I get a little choked up with all the attention, though. You guys are too good to me. I don't deserve this much kindness. As much as I really, really appreciate it.

I'm thinking you're right, Dwags. I hope you and your family are doing great. I can only hope I have a family as beautiful as yours. I'm really happy for you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-08, 23:49

Turtleneck wrote:X, I m so sorry. I do not know what to say other than I am so sorry. Eight years ago, I lost both of my parents expectedly. It was rough. I know we do not know each other but do not hesitate to ask for anything. We are here for you.

I never responded to this properly but it affected me. I can't help but get choked up when people's relatives (especially parents) pass.

The only time I ever saw my dad cry was at his father's funeral and when his cat of 23 years died.

My mother is another story.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-07-09, 19:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Bob.  It's sad and horrible that there are more children out there without a father.  There is nothing funny about watching a kid whose dad is dead crying about it.

This will end the same way the rest of these cases just like this do.  What casts the police here in a poor light?  They respond to a call of a man in a red shirt threatening someone with a gun.  They encounter the suspect (who is a convicted felon with a rap sheet the length of my college transcript, mind you) who did not comply with their commands.  While attempting to take him into custody, he resisted and they determined he indeed had a gun.  I feel bad for his kid, but because he had a gun and was wrestling with the police, I really don't care that they shot him.

While I don't have any youtube of his two daughters crying, or his partner's widowed wife holding a press conference either; I should tell you that my perspective is shaded by a relative of mine who paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving his community.  Responding to a similar call, they went to a house to try to take a suspect into custody.  The suspect opened the door and shot my relative in the head. He was probably dead before he hit the ground.  His partner got it in the neck and mostly bled out while they waited for the scene to be secured by virtue of the shooter committing suicide.  He died in surgery a few hours later.  Now I only knew this guy from running into him at family reunions when I was younger, but blood is blood and my family was touched by this.  I don't know if the criminal in that case was black or white and I don't particularly care.  

And I don't care that this individual and his bawling kid are black.  I'd expect the police to do the same thing if it's a white suspect.  They did LaVoy Finicum the same way and I was fine with that.  In the battle between the cops and robbers, I want the cops to win.
sorry to hear about your relative, dude - that's the kind of thing that families never fully recover from.

I don't understand what being a felon and having a "rap sheet" had to do with the cops murdering this young man. If simply being a "convicted felon" and having a "rap sheet" is the case, they're setting themselves a precedent to murder a lot of young men.

I posted the video of this kid sobbing as a preemptive statement to tSwill racists (some of whom had already made jokes) that their attempts to minimize this man, his life and death because of his race is being watched and noted. They're certainly free to make racist statements, jokes, to belittle the man and his family all they want. I simply hope they'd watch this video first.

(though, admittedly, I don't expect it to change their minds).

His rap sheet has everything to do with it.  I know that racism is still pervasive in the US.  And I know that black people are still horribly disenfranchised.  But this "it happened again" and the resulting protests are not doing strained relations any favor.  

In Louisiana, "it happened again" was another career criminal resisting arrest (with a fucking gun on him no less).  You think those officers set out to assassinate a black man that day?  White or black, that's going to end the same way and I completely understand it.  Explain to me how a white man in this situation would have been treated differently.

The guy in Minnesota, I have a feeling additional video will bear out that he failed to follow an officer's command.  Which is especially foolish after telling him he had a gun.  Maybe it's just common sense, or maybe it's my White Privilege, but I don't do fuck all when I'm pulled over without telling the officer exactly what I'm going to do.  I roll my windows down, put the dome and hazards on, put it in park, and sit there with my hands at 10 and 2 until the officer shows up.  If they ask for my license and registration, and my license is in my backpack, I tell them where I am going to reach and why.  And if they tell me to do something else, you can guarandamntee I'm going to do exactly that.  Their job is not an easy one and I'm not going to do anything else to make it more difficult.

This white kid in Michigan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE9BH_CTUlI

Resisted arrest.  Got shot.  No surprise. Jesus, thank god he wasn't black because in Eaton County it would have been 100% because of racist KKK cops looking to harass and kill black people. Who knows how the remaining 50 black people there would have reacted to that.

Freddie Gray and the Baltimore riots.  Here's a set of mugshots from that event:
Baton Rouge Shooting - Alton Sterling Dead - Page 5 Baltimore_Police_officers_charged_in_Freddie_Gray%27s_homicide

Guess which ones are the police and which ones were the rioters.    Was that the racist police in action again?

Freddie Gray never had a chance.  But not because of the police.  Poisoned by lead in low-income housing (and somewhat developmentally disabled as a result), preyed upon by white "businessmen" who effectively stole the annuity that was supposed to provide him support and stability.  Of course he was a career criminal.  And of course he resisted arrest.  If he had been compliant, I bet they would have buckled his seat belt.   (if you want to read about the real abuse, it is here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/how-companies-make-millions-off-lead-poisoned-poor-blacks/2015/08/25/7460c1de-0d8c-11e5-9726-49d6fa26a8c6_story.html)

I got pulled over once when I first moved to Maryland.  The cop had actually been in the same parking lot where I was attending a meeting after hours.  We happened to pull out at the same time, and after merging onto the interstate a few blocks later, on come the lights.  Now my shit was all in order, I hadn't broken any laws, and I was just minding my own business.  He walked up to my car and said that when he initiated the stop because the plates on my car were coming up as a Ford when I was driving a Chevy (they have license plate readers that scan the cars and show the information in real time to them).  He said it corrected itself when I was stopped and sent me on my way.  I don't even think he asked for my license and registration as it was a legit mistake.  Now if I'm black, this certainly was profiling and "it happened again" because any police interaction meets that criteria.  

I ramble a bit, Bob.  But I'm not sure if you mean well at this point when say things like this guy's history doesn't matter and that this guy was murdered. You consider what happened to my relative and tell me how the police should have responded when they encounter a suspect who was reported to have brandished a firearm at someone.  How would you handle it differently?  At what point did the criminal who was resisting arrest with a firearm stop being responsible for the outcome related to his actions?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 19:55

I dunno, man. I really, really feel for the guy in Minnesota. Having a gun is not a problem, he even let him know he had it.... if you're a piece of shit that is leaving the option open that you may shoot the cop you're not going to show your cards and tell him you have a gun. That part of the situation should have been diffused. So he may not have done exactly what the officer wanted him to do. That doesn't warrant shooting him. It means you get physical with him.... but don't shoot him unless it's clear he's making a go at his weapon.

I only saw the video about the guy in Louisiana once. I feel bad for the guy but you're right... that's unfortunately what happens when you fight with cops while having a gun on you.

Cops are too jumpy. We need to burden them with less stupid fucking laws. The guy in Minnesota gets killed after being pulled over for a tail light. Which, let's be honest.... is usually an excuse used to search the car for drugs. Pull him over.... quickly give him a ticket for the tail light and go about your day. There's no reason to investigate further. Poor fucking guy.... jesus....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 20:00

I'm sorry if I've jumped back into the debating fray too early... I just need something to take my mind off things. I'm going to really, really, really try my best not to be a prick to anyone.

It's been a rough week for black Americans and cops alike. Something has to change.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 20:02

Gomer wrote: You consider what happened to my relative and tell me how the police should have responded when they encounter a suspect who was reported to have brandished a firearm at someone.  How would you handle it differently?  At what point did the criminal who was resisting arrest with a firearm stop being responsible for the outcome related to his actions?

Yeah, you've touched on a huge point I missed, Gomer.

What do you do when you're encountering someone that's allegedly threatening people with a gun?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-07-09, 23:20

xsanguine wrote:I dunno, man. I really, really feel for the guy in Minnesota. Having a gun is not a problem, he even let him know he had it.... if you're a piece of shit that is leaving the option open that you may shoot the cop you're not going to show your cards and tell him you have a gun. That part of the situation should have been diffused. So he may not have done exactly what the officer wanted him to do. That doesn't warrant shooting him. It means you get physical with him.... but don't shoot him unless it's clear he's making a go at his weapon.

I only saw the video about the guy in Louisiana once. I feel bad for the guy but you're right... that's unfortunately what happens when you fight with cops while having a gun on you.

Cops are too jumpy. We need to burden them with less stupid fucking laws. The guy in Minnesota gets killed after being pulled over for a tail light. Which, let's be honest.... is usually an excuse used to search the car for drugs. Pull him over.... quickly give him a ticket for the tail light and go about your day. There's no reason to investigate further. Poor fucking guy.... jesus....
We have no idea what happened accept that the person had a gun, had supposedly told the police about it, and the police supposedly told him to not reach for it.  He may have been asked to produce his ID, then told the police he had a gun, and reached for it while being told not to.  I'm not going to wait for him to have it pointed at me in that case.

I don't think cops are any more jumpy than they used to be (IMO).  And it's not because they are burdened by laws. The optics are different now (with instant gratification media) but I don't think they have changed much since I was a kid anyway.

And consider what they have to deal with in any given situation.  Any given interaction can involve someone who is mental/psychotic, under the influence, have drug induced superhuman strength, violent, suicidal, in the process of committing a crime, having just committed a crime, on the way to committing a crime; any or all of the above and I probably missed a handful.

They often have to engage these people when everyone else gets to sleep, in all manner of weather, and in neighborhoods most of us wouldn't go when it is light out let alone when it's pitch black.  They have deal with people who are unclean, who may have weapons, who might intentionally or unintentionally try to infect them with a blood borne disease.    These are people, who when arrested might shit, piss, spit, vomit, etc. in the car that they have to spend every day in.  Can you imagine having to deal with someone taking a shit in your office?

These people may run or fight because they are scared.  Because they don't want to go back to jail.  Because they are hiding something.  Because they think they can win and get away.  Because they think if they get you to do something wrong maybe they'll get some money out of the deal.  Because they want to commit suicide by cop.  Because maybe they want to kill a cop.

They are required to drive at high speeds and trust that everyone else is paying attention to their flashing light and siren.  They have to stroll along the side of the road while traffic whizzes by at 55-65-75-85 MPH.  Earlier this year one got waxed up the road from here on a drunk driving detail.  Had one car pulled over when he was struck by a guy going over 50 MPH.  Smeared him along the side of his cruiser before tossing him 30' to the middle of the road.  Hit by a buy who had smoke weed, took a xanax, and spent 3 hours at hooters drinking at least 5 beers and 4 shots of whiskey.  He was 24 years old which is maybe why he managed to live for a week afterward. It was 2 weeks before Christmas. http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/rockville/eyewitnesses-describe-crash-that-killed-montgomery-officer-noah-leotta/124973119

Officers have to deal with the aftermath of that too.  They have to be the first to respond to collect the pieces, try to save lives, file the reports.

There was another young officer shot to death responding to a domestic dispute call recently.  One freaking day after being sworn in as an officer.  Maybe, like my relative, she might still be here today if she were a little jumpier.  

They have to bear direct witness to every worst aspect of our society.  They have to comfort children whose mom was just beaten senseless by a drunk dad who in turn had to be beaten senseless because he still hadn't gotten it all out of his system when the police showed up.  They have to see death and dismemberment.  They have to see the effects of rape.  They have to deal smarmy ass millennials urinating in public.

They have to make split second decisions about who the good guys are, who the bad guys are, who is a threat, who isn't.  This in a day and age where the number of guns (legal and illegal) in circulation has grown exponentially.  Gone are the days where a 6 shooter was standard issue.  Now they are strolling shoulder to shoulder with people roaming around with assault rifles.  

This is not incidental to their work.  It is their work.  Their very purpose is to engage these people and make the world a better place for the rest of us.  They do this for us.  They have to do all of this while being sure to follow the law while enforcing it.  They have to dot all their I's and cross their T's because if they don't, maybe that person walks.

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention how much they are loved and respected by everyone for doing this for us.  That has to wonderful for them.

I have no sorrow for any ills suffered by those who actively seek to make their jobs more difficult.  None.  I don't care what color they are.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-10, 01:04

You make some great points, Gomer. It's hard to argue with a lot of that. Seriously, you're right. The job is very, very tough.

Maybe we disagree here but I really, really think we should simplify our laws to the extreme. I'm not even trying to get into some anarchist thing but I really think if it doesn't negatively affect someone else it should just be left alone.

Making a traffic stop and then having suspicions that there's drugs or guns in the car really puts the cop in the position to now navigate that entire scenario where anything could happen. If it weren't illegal to have a bag of weed or cocaine in the car or have a gun under the seat.... the driver won't feel the anxiety that could then be responsible for causing him to act in a manner where he defends himself from going to prison.

If he left the scene of a crime (robbery, killing, etc).... then we're still going to have these situations but there's just so many scenarios that can go wrong when there's a myriad of possible crimes someone has to be nervous about breaking.

I'm not going to get violent with a cop but when I get pulled over I'm freaking out myself every single time.... looking everywhere to make sure I don't have a roach somewhere or my registration being outdated or kiddie porn in the back seat (kidding!)

I can only imagine not being in the right frame of mind if there's an eight ball in my pocket and a gun in the glove box.

I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy. Actually, we know I'm just crazy. Just spitballing ways to minimize these sorts of instances.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-07-10, 02:00

i would much rather criminals have to worry about the police and vice versa than I would having to worry about people cruising around with mind altering substances and deadly weapons.

If they're going to behave like they do with the police, how are they going to interact with the common man?

That's an entirely different thread.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-10, 02:31

Gomer wrote:i would much rather criminals have to worry about the police and vice versa than I would having to worry about people cruising around with mind altering substances and deadly weapons.

If they're going to behave like they do with the police, how are they going to interact with the common man?

That's an entirely different thread.

Yeah, I agree. I'm thinking more the common man.

I want the cops pulling people over on mind altering substances, too. I guess I was moreso thinking you're driving from point A to point B and you have a bundle in the middle console. Not that you just shot up in the rest area and you're on your way. Get that guy off the road.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 00:47

Dom Lemon tends to always get his ass pushed in.

And not the same way Anderson Cooper does... which is cool, do your thing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 00:57

"What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? NOW!

Black Lives Matter... hey! Black Lives Matter.... yo! Black Lives matter... hey!

Liberal media has only themselves to blame for it going this far.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 07:43

xsanguine wrote:

Black Lives Matter... hey! Black Lives Matter.... yo! Black Lives matter... hey!

don't forget that socialist America-hatin' Muslim in the White House.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-18, 08:15

xsanguine wrote:

100% correct. Trigger happy cops were just doing their job. Exceedingly well. We should probably have a media czar to filter what we, as an overly emotional public should get to hear. These stories of black people getting killed by cops only fans the flames. No one needs to hear any more of these stories.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 09:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

100% correct. Trigger happy cops were just doing their job. Exceedingly well. We should probably have a media czar to filter what we, as an overly emotional public should get to hear. These stories of black people getting killed by cops only fans the flames. No one needs to hear any more of these stories.

Yeah, probably just better to get rid of them. We don't need to give speeding ticket givers and debt collectors a gun.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-18, 11:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and for the resident Swill racists who think that this is funny and that he "dindu nuffin" and will laugh as Rush Limbaugh and other republicans make jokes about him and minimize his life, watch about the first 45 seconds of this..

Bump
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5