Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+79
CORNER BLITZ
Townie
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
steveschneider
Marc Summers
tTito
Watch Out Pylon!
y2kMgrad
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
Radio Raheem
75alum
Bill Cain
HT
SpartanMikey
The_Dude
Nommad2
beal99
Tyler Durden
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
CrazySparty
Code_Warrior
Inglewood Jack
Dolph Ziggler
Giant Moose
Death Roe
Cym Jim
Clarett's Folly
Johnny Alpamayo
Ted Brogan
Kramerica
WCS
Masturbates
WhiteBoyHatcher
Sponge Worthy
MJ
Brock Middlebrook
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Loose Stools
DWags
Zapp Brannigan
Jor El
Izzo Court
LoneWolfSparty
Frank Ricard
Crazy Jim9
Ham Porter
Sparty on brah!
Roger Waymeth
Fallenangle
Ass Dan
GirbaudJeans
tanfan!
pulling69
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Cosmo_Kramer
SpartanGuard
Heat Miser
The Pantry
NigelUno
dubie7006
The Lonely Stoner
J T
Dendrobates
goodbar
AMwood
greenmachine
Cameron
WBill
SeeRockCity
tGreenWay
Molon Labe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
83 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by HT 2015-07-24, 06:47

Anyone know the feeling of how your body feels like lead after a day of manual labor (10 hours for me yesterday)? Also, how great is the feeling the next day after a good night's sleep.

I got home, and was so tired, and then I emptied out my grandfather's storage unit after eating dinner and went to bed. Woke up, and my body feels as light as a feather. The feeling of a light body after a good night's sleep after a hard day of manual labor never gets old.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-24, 06:55

HT wrote:Anyone know the feeling of how your body feels like lead after a day of manual labor (10 hours for me yesterday)? Also, how great is the feeling the next day after a good night's sleep.

I got home, and was so tired, and then I emptied out my grandfather's storage unit after eating dinner and went to bed. Woke up, and my body feels as light as a feather. The feeling of a light body after a good night's sleep after a hard day of manual labor never gets old.

Any found treasures in the shed?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-24, 07:05

DWags wrote:
HT wrote:Anyone know the feeling of how your body feels like lead after a day of manual labor (10 hours for me yesterday)? Also, how great is the feeling the next day after a good night's sleep.

Nah. We emptied most of it out in April when my grandfather passed away and we have the real treasure, which was his landing map from when he fought at Iwo Jima. All that was really there were a couple old papers and photo albums, and a few old dressers.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-24, 08:43

HT wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nah. We emptied most of it out in April when my grandfather passed away and we have the real treasure, which was his landing map from when he fought at Iwo Jima. All that was really there were a couple old papers and photo albums, and a few old dressers.

Cool about the map. Get it matted and framed. Your grandkids will have great stories.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-24, 08:50

DWags wrote:
HT wrote:

Cool about the map.  Get it matted and framed. Your grandkids will have great stories.  

It already is. My grandfather did it a while ago and had it framed in his bedroom until the very end. He never talked much about Iwo Jima, but given how much he still has from it, I think it was probably one of the accomplishments he was most proud of.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-24, 09:51

HT wrote:
DWags wrote:

Cool about the map.  Get it matted and framed. Your grandkids will have great stories.  

It already is. My grandfather did it a while ago and had it framed in his bedroom until the very end. He never talked much about Iwo Jima, but given how much he still has from it, I think it was probably one of the accomplishments he was most proud of.

Very cool. If you ever go to DC take it with you and get a family picture standing in front of the statue with it. I'm a geek history major. Can't help my self.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-24, 14:01

If cell phone companies want my business so bad, why is there still an activation fee?

Other random thoughts.

Why do some internet providers still say they are 10 times faster than dial up? Why are they allowed to even say they have fast internet? 3 mb/sec is not fast, it is slow as shit. No one still uses dial up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-24, 19:40

Had some delicious plums off the tree today. Yellow ones weren't bad, but weren't anything special either.

Red plums...holy cow, were they delicious. I ate 4 of them at the barn today loading the truck for tomorrow.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-24, 20:31

Anyone see the Kellogg's Raisin Bran commercials with the dad and his daughter trash-talking each other before going out to play golf?

That's what I wanted years ago. But, I ended up with two daughters and two sons...none of which care for the sport.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-25, 00:35

The Pantry wrote:Anyone see the Kellogg's Raisin Bran commercials with the dad and his daughter trash-talking each other before going out to play golf?

That's what I wanted years ago. But, I ended up with two daughters and two sons...none of which care for the sport.

Congrats on your balls working though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-25, 01:21

There's a new Sabra Hummus commercial featuring a young woman and her dad. From what I can tell, the lady is smoking hot. Usually, I could begin stalking her after learning her name from the Who Is That Hot Ad Girl blog, but those lazy cocksuckers take the summer off. Sometimes, it's not easy being a creeper.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-25, 01:33

The Pantry wrote:...none of which care for the sport.

Good for them.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-25, 02:34

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:...none of which care for the sport.

Good for them.
Fuck you. I managed to buy my ex-wife a set of clubs on the only birthday she forgot to tell me not to buy them.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-07-25, 18:37

Last night in Quito. Flying out tomorrow at 1pm, getting to Chicago at 11:30ish tomorrow night..should I get a hotel and go to a Cubs game tomorrow with my dad who's picking me up, or drive straight home to GR? Leaning towards the Cubs game.

I really don't wanna leave this place Neutral I've had a hell of a summer.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-25, 18:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:Last night in Quito. Flying out tomorrow at 1pm, getting to Chicago at 11:30ish tomorrow night..should I get a hotel and go to a Cubs game tomorrow with my dad who's picking me up, or drive straight home to GR? Leaning towards the Cubs game.

Just don't bring back any of that seafood soup and you should get through customs just fine
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-25, 21:05

Tim Wakefield wrote:Last night in Quito. Flying out tomorrow at 1pm, getting to Chicago at 11:30ish tomorrow night..should I get a hotel and go to a Cubs game tomorrow with my dad who's picking me up, or drive straight home to GR? Leaning towards the Cubs game.

Welcome home. I'm with ya.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-07-25, 21:08

There's an alarm dial on my watch, but it doesn't make any sound.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-25, 21:37

I have actually never seen a picture of a young Betty White until now.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 CKzbTQhWgAAEw-T
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-26, 01:54

I found out Thursday that this girl who works at another stall at the market has a crush on me. She's cute, and I'd definitely go for it. Two problems, I have never said anything to her before, and I never have time on Saturdays to go down and talk to her. I also feel like I'll be on the spot since her whole family is there and her aunt's the one who told me about her having a crush on me and apparently wants me to talk to her niece and ask her out.

I guess I have three problems.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-26, 02:08

You're just making excuses. Nut-up and talk to her. You have a common interest...start there
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-26, 04:05

The Pantry wrote:You're just making excuses.  Nut-up and talk to her.  You have a common interest...start there

The perfect opening line is "hey, I really like your peaches", right?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-26, 04:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You're just making excuses.  Nut-up and talk to her.  You have a common interest...start there

Only if he wants to shake her tree.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-07-26, 09:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:

"You have some juicy watermelons. Can I taste them?"
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-26, 10:04

HT wrote:I found out Thursday that this girl who works at another stall at the market has a crush on me. She's cute, and I'd definitely go for it. Two problems, I have never said anything to her before, and I never have time on Saturdays to go down and talk to her. I also feel like I'll be on the spot since her whole family is there and her aunt's the one who told me about her having a crush on me and apparently wants me to talk to her niece and ask her out.

I guess I have three problems.
Do you want to sex her?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-26, 17:59

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think he should hold up a cucumber and say, "Mine's bigger."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-26, 18:03

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 23 1486952199
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-26, 19:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

That'd be good, though I think it'd make me look like a total ass considering her family will be at the market on Saturday too. Might embarrass her and I'm totally done.

I hope she didn't lose interest because I didn't say anything Saturday. I only found out Thursday, and they left early Saturday to go to a wedding so I couldn't stop by at the end of the day when things are slow, and now I'm paranoid I missed the boat.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates 2015-07-26, 19:17

HT wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That'd be good, though I think it'd make me look like a total ass considering her family will be at the market on Saturday too. Might embarrass her and I'm totally done.

I hope she didn't lose interest because I didn't say anything Saturday. I only found out Thursday, and they left early Saturday to go to a wedding so I couldn't stop by at the end of the day when things are slow, and now I'm paranoid I missed the boat.

Just stop thinking and go for it. Seriously, you are going to blow it if you keep over thinking this.
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-26, 19:21

Moving sucks. I've got 2 weeks until tWife starts a new job and I'll be here finishing up stuff and getting the house ready for sale. I'll also have the kid, because we don't have day care yet in Kzoo.

I'll probably be doing single dad stuff for a couple weeks and getting as much fixed up around here as I can.

This is going to be a nightmare.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-26, 19:27

HT wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It worked for Eric Stratton, and Marion Wormer was damn glad to meet him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-26, 20:02

Townie wrote:Moving sucks. I've got 2 weeks until tWife starts a new job and I'll be here finishing up stuff and getting the house ready for sale. I'll also have the kid, because we don't have day care yet in Kzoo.

I'll probably be doing single dad stuff for a couple weeks and getting as much fixed up around here as I can.

Man sometimes I wish the wife worked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-07-26, 20:11

Townie wrote:Moving sucks. I've got 2 weeks until tWife starts a new job and I'll be here finishing up stuff and getting the house ready for sale. I'll also have the kid, because we don't have day care yet in Kzoo.

I'm still unpacking and probably will for several more weeks. I close on my old house on the 13th. I plan to have everything done by then.

Good luck.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-26, 22:22

Snake Plissken wrote:

I'm still unpacking and probably will for several more weeks. I close on my old house on the 13th. I plan to have everything done by then.

Good luck.

We don't even have a place to go. Temp housing until we can get up there. Could be up to 90 days in an apartment.

I think our house will sell relatively quickly, just have to get it up on the market soon as school here starts in a month.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-26, 22:22

DWags wrote:

My wife makes a hell of a lot more than me. Probably always will.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-26, 22:26

Townie wrote:
DWags wrote:

So did mine. Till the second one. Then we went from easy street to my income. 15 years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-26, 22:49

DWags wrote:
Townie wrote:

So did mine. Till the second one. Then we went from easy street to my income. 15 years.
sorry to hear that it's taken so long for your kids to get into school.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-26, 22:59

Townie wrote:
DWags wrote:
sorry to hear that it's taken so long for your kids to get into school.

No shit. I thought when the second got to kindergarten bam. But nope, she started working with a homeless program through our church I'm thinking damn fuck the homeless. But she was happy. Kids seemed happy. House was happy. Just did less shit that cost actual money. Welp.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-26, 23:32

How long will food last in the fridge/freezer without power? It has been out for five hours and the latest estimate from DTE is another six hours.

Their next to last text message was laughable. It said no further estimate because of severe weather. I never knew darkness was considered severe weather.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-26, 23:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:How long will food last in the fridge/freezer without power? It has been out for five hours and the latest estimate from DTE is another six hours.

Their next to last text message was laughable. It said no further estimate because of severe weather. I never knew darkness was considered severe weather.
more full the better. Don't open it at all and it'll be good in the morning. Hopefully you'll have power then.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-26, 23:40

Yeah, I have no intention of opening it. I wish there was more in the fridge but there's only so much food a single guy can eat in a week. The freezer is packed though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next