Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
goodbar
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
loogoldham
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
DWags
Clarett's Folly
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
Da Mayor
NigelUno
steveschneider
MattyFresh
Turtleneck
aualum06
Herbie Green
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
31 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings Empty Random Ramblings

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-08, 09:49

I wish I could watch GOT when it comes on or within a day. Its hard to stay out of that thread.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-08, 10:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:A few years ago I got a special offer in the mail from CP. I don't remember what the catch was (other than it didn't cost me a red cent) and they sent me an energy-saving package with some light bulbs, shower faucet head and other goodies. CP is nice people, I guess.

By the way, is "red cent" no longer an acceptable thing?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-08, 10:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:A few years ago I got a special offer in the mail from CP. I don't remember what the catch was (other than it didn't cost me a red cent) and they sent me an energy-saving package with some light bulbs, shower faucet head and other goodies. CP is nice people, I guess.

If it's not, the reason why is made up.

The expression was already known in other counties by the 1500's. The "red" simply refers to the copper used to mint the coins. E.g. Holland introduced a "red" copper duit (cent) in 1573. – Johan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-08, 10:35

LooseGoose wrote:
If it's not, the reason why is made up.

The expression was already known in other counties by the 1500's. The "red" simply refers to the copper used to mint the coins. E.g. Holland introduced a "red" copper duit (cent) in 1573. – Johan

That's good to know. Today was the first time I can remember using it in forever. Then it dawned it, maybe it has become a victim of political correctness.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-08, 10:35

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Makes you sad doesn't it Wags?   I was being sad last night for Mr. & Mrs. Rosquin....buried their oldest son at 22 and their oldest daughter at 39.  Both MSU grads.   He's passed but Mrs is still with us.  I had my grandson over and was thinking how they never got that...made me want to cry.  Damned nice people that always treated me well that had some really bad luck.   I can't even imagine the heartbreak of burying my 2 oldest.   I've told all my kids that I want to die before any of them.

Cant imagine burying a child.  Hard enough burying a parent.
my (only) brother died when I was 19.. he was only 21. My parents were never the same.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-08-08, 10:38

LooseGoose wrote:Some of you may remember that a month or so ago I had a refrigerator begin to die. Consumers Power gives you $50 for your old appliance if you buy a new one. So after I got my new fridge I put the old one in the garage for them to come pick up. They were
just here and I guess the $50 comes later in the form of a check but left me a goodie box with night lights, some cool LED light bulbs
and an energy monitor to determine usage.

Not a bad deal at all compared to paying to take the thing to the dump somewhere or giving it to the company bringing your new appliance.
Replaced my 40 year old garage fridge with a new one 3 years ago. DTE gave me $40 for the old one.

Was stunned my electric bill dropped $35-40 a month. New fridge paid for itself in less than a year.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-08, 14:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't know about red cent, but the good people at Consumers Energy called to ask that you stop calling them Consumers Power, which hasn't been their name since 1997. Random Ramblings 685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-08, 14:35

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't know about red cent, but the good people at Consumers Energy called to ask that you stop calling them Consumers Power, which hasn't been their name since 1997. Random Ramblings 685334576

Meh, like DTE Music Theater, they can suck it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-08, 14:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Meh, like DTE Music Theater, they can suck it.

Biggby called. Said to fuck off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-08, 15:04

InTenSity wrote:I wish I could watch GOT when it comes on or within a day. Its hard to stay out of that thread.
I realize I'm in the minority, but I can't imagine having to watch that show.. it's just not my genre.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-08, 15:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I wish I could watch GOT when it comes on or within a day. Its hard to stay out of that thread.
I realize I'm in the minority, but I can't imagine having to watch that show.. it's just not my genre.

I'm ok with that. I've always read that genre, so to me it is interesting because it kind of broke from the mold. I just hope the story finishes getting told.
Did you ever watch Justified?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-08, 15:55

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I realize I'm in the minority, but I can't imagine having to watch that show.. it's just not my genre.

I'm ok with that. I've always read that genre, so to me it is interesting because it kind of broke from the mold. I just hope the story finishes getting told.
it's like when my wife dragged me to see Lord of the Rings - every time I woke up it was a bunch of people walking.. and they just kept walking... wtf? Where were they walking to?

haven't seen Justified - good?

I don't watch a ton of shows.. but we binge-watched Shameless a few winter breaks ago and I really liked that. We also watched The Affair pretty intently.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-08, 16:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
it's like when my wife dragged me to see Lord of the Rings - every time I woke up it was a bunch of people walking.. and they just kept walking... wtf? Where were they walking to?

I don't watch a ton of shows.. but we binge-watched Shameless a few winter breaks ago and I really liked that. We also watched The Affair pretty intently.
HAHA about LOTR. Although GoT is definitely NOT LOTR.

I liked Justified. Takes place in rural Kentucky, I think, or at least TN or somewhere in that neck of the woods. Give it a shot, you might or might not like it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-08, 16:42

Justified was awesome I miss it.

I hate the GoT genre, too. I resisted watching for a while. But I also like good shows. I gave it a watch last summer and I realized a few episodes in that it was good enough that I could ignore the genre. Also lots of nicely shaped bare titties.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-08-08, 16:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Justified was awesome I miss it.

I hate the GoT genre, too. I resisted watching for a while. But I also like good shows. I gave it a watch last summer and I realized a few episodes in that it was good enough that I could ignore the genre. Also lots of nicely shaped bare titties.

Haven't seen an episode, but I'm definitely interested now.

The wife and I watched Justified and liked it a lot.  I've also caught a few episodes of Shameless, while my wife was binge watching and it seemed to be a pretty interesting watch.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-08, 17:02

Best tits in the GoT so far.... this chick.
Random Ramblings Screen-shot-2015-05-27-at-1-24-30-am
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-08-08, 17:07

Yes, yes, go on....
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-09, 07:44

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

HAHA about LOTR. Although GoT is definitely NOT LOTR.

I liked Justified. Takes place in rural Kentucky, I think, or at least TN or somewhere in that neck of the woods. Give it a shot, you might or might not like it.
thanks - I'll check it out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-09, 07:47

Another +1 for Justified. I especially liked the way they wrapped it up, one of the best series endings ever.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-09, 07:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:Another +1 for Justified. I especially liked the way they wrapped it up, one of the best series endings ever.
Coolio.

is it a Netflix kind of thing? or Showtime, HBO, etc?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-09, 08:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Another +1 for Justified. I especially liked the way they wrapped it up, one of the best series endings ever.
Coolio.

Do you have Amazon Prime? I think it was on FX, so maybe it can be streamed from their services. For sure its on Amazon though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-09, 08:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Coolio.

I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix.  I think that's how I got my parents watching a couple of months ago.

Edit: Per InTenSity below, I am FOS.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2017-08-09, 08:28; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-09, 08:07

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Coolio.

Do you have Amazon Prime? I think it was on FX, so maybe it can be streamed from their services. For sure its on Amazon though.
I don't think we have that - if we do, I'm unaware of it.

I'll check Netflix - pretty sure the kid can navigate me in that direction.

Thanks, fellas. Random Ramblings 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-09, 08:16

Justified is only on Amazon Prime. From a quick google search, apparently they have exclusive rights. It is not on Netflix in the US.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-09, 08:19

InTenSity wrote:Justified is only on Amazon Prime. From a quick google search, apparently they have exclusive rights. It is not on Netflix in the US.
yeah - and, see, that's the reason I stay away from stuff - too damn complicated.

I just wanna watch TV. Random Ramblings 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-09, 09:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Justified is only on Amazon Prime. From a quick google search, apparently they have exclusive rights. It is not on Netflix in the US.
yeah - and, see, that's the reason I stay away from stuff - too damn complicated.

Bob? TeeVeeLand has 7 episodes of Andy Griffith on a day. Pretty hard to beat. Some sweet chicks on there you'd want to take home to Mom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-09, 09:11

I found quite possibly the funniest fantasy football team name ever.

Hangin' With Mr. Hernandez
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-09, 19:04

"Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping" was vastly underrated. It is so fucking good.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-10, 08:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yeah - and, see, that's the reason I stay away from stuff - too damn complicated.

Bob? TeeVeeLand has 7 episodes of Andy Griffith on a day. Pretty hard to beat. Some sweet chicks on there you'd want to take home to Mom.
exactly - who needs to dial up streaming services via some modem with a bunch of wires attached to this and that..?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-10, 08:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

exactly - who needs to dial up streaming services via some modem with a bunch of wires attached to this and that..?

Just to clarify, there are TV's that only need to be plugged in to get streaming services. Not a lot of wires at all. Actually almost everything is going wireless now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 08:30

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:exactly - who needs to dial up streaming services via some modem with a bunch of wires attached to this and that..?

Just to clarify, there are TV's that only need to be plugged in to get streaming services. Not a lot of wires at all. Actually almost everything is going wireless now.

Did you know that youngsters today are discovering there are things that pluck a TeeVee signal right out of the sky for free? That was big news last week...

Many Americans unaware TV is free via an antenna
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-10, 08:51

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Did you know that youngsters today are discovering there are things that pluck a TeeVee signal right out of the sky for free?  That was big news last week...

Many Americans unaware TV is free via an antenna
I think it has more to do with the amount of channels that are available. I plugged in my antenna and there are about 50 DTV channels, and then there were about another 60-75 Internet channels? or IP. I just ordered another antenna, and I'm thinking about getting one for the roof and seeing if I can hook it in to existing cable that is wired through the house and get a signal that way. Next I need to figure out how to setup a media center or something where I can record shows.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-10, 10:39

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:exactly - who needs to dial up streaming services via some modem with a bunch of wires attached to this and that..?

yeah, see I didn't know that.

in fact, I'm not even sure what it means.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 09:36

So, here is my confession: Last Sunday I smoked a butt. Started at 9:00 A.M. Added some coals at around 12:30, finished it, it was average to good. Nothing great.

Anyway, 8:30 that night, I clean up outside. I reach down and grab the coal pan. It was luke warm to touch. I maybe had three beers tops, wasn't drunk, but looking back, I don't know what I was thinking. I pulled the pan out, walked it to my thick green plastic yard waste bin on the side of the house near a shed I have. opened it up and saw my wife had potted plant dirt in there on top of other yard waste. I dumped the "luke warm" coals in, covered them with potted dirt. DIDN'T ADD WATER. (Know where this is going?) Well, Wednesday morning, the guy who is painting the inside of my house, calls my wife, and says he was using our bathroom, sees smoke on the side of my house, opens the blinds and my green plastic recycle bin is on fire and has melted the sides right next to my shed. Some flames, mostly smoke. I have a 5 gallon gas can in that shed, maybe in ich full of gas. He runs out and soaks it. I'll post pictures when I can. I could have burnt my house down. Still upset with myself.

Sunday night, monday, Tuesday, Wednesday it ignites. Think about that guys. Fuckkng crazy. I'm an idiot. You guys know that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-12, 11:01

The next time I'm about to do something stupid, I'm going to ask myself, What would DWags do?, and then do the opposite.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-12, 11:02

Because I don't want to pull a DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 11:43

tGreenWay wrote:The next time I'm about to do something stupid, I'm going to ask myself, What would DWags do?, and then do the opposite.

If my stupidity helps save mankind, it's a far greater thing I do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 11:53

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:So, here is my confession: Last Sunday I smoked a butt. Started at 9:00 A.M. Added some coals at around 12:30, finished it, it was average to good. Nothing great.

Anyway, 8:30 that night, I clean up outside. I reach down and grab the coal pan. It was luke warm to touch. I maybe had three beers tops, wasn't drunk, but looking back, I don't know what I was thinking. I pulled the pan out, walked it to my thick green plastic yard waste bin on the side of the house near a shed I have. opened it up and saw my wife had potted plant dirt in there on top of other yard waste. I dumped the "luke warm" coals in, covered them with potted dirt. DIDN'T ADD WATER. (Know where this is going?) Well, Wednesday morning, the guy who is painting the inside of my house, calls my wife, and says he was using our bathroom, sees smoke on the side of my house, opens the blinds and my green plastic recycle bin is on fire and has melted the sides right next to my shed. Some flames, mostly smoke. I have a 5 gallon gas can in that shed, maybe in ich full of gas. He runs out and soaks it. I'll post pictures when I can. I could have burnt my house down. Still upset with myself.

Sunday night, monday, Tuesday, Wednesday it ignites. Think about that guys. Fuckkng crazy. I'm an idiot. You guys know that.
I like this story Dwags

However, this actually happened. And while it's maybe funny now, if the painter isn't in my house, and the flames get to the shed with the gas can, depending on the wind, I give it 30% chance I burn my fucking house on the north side at least. I feel like an idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-12, 12:15

That's pretty crazy Wags. I'm glad you repeated the timeline b/c I totally missed the Sun - Wed thing the first time around.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-12, 14:16

Melted, as in vinyl siding? When that stuff burns it's toxic AF.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next