Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Hills even live to Election Day?

+7
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
DWags
Turtleneck
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will Hills even live to Election Day?

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 09:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's actually fun to watch... even the evangelicals are lining up behind him which simply reiterates everything I've always known about religious zealots. Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600

Yeah they ought to line up behind that St Hillary. What a stupid fucking premise but I'm sure some mindless idiots think this is great insight. Religious people know Hills is complete anathema to them, with Trump there's a least a chance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will Hills even live to Election Day?

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 09:05

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's actually fun to watch... even the evangelicals are lining up behind him which simply reiterates everything I've always known about religious zealots. Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600

Yeah they ought to line up behind that St Hillary. What a stupid fucking premise but I'm sure some mindless idiots think this is great insight. Religious people know Hills is complete anathema to them, with Trump there's a least a chance.

Loose, you lost our liberals friends in this thread with your use of the word "anathema". You need to dumb it down for them.

I will: Hillary = Satan

Therefore, anyone other than Hillary is a better option.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 09:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's actually fun to watch... even the evangelicals are lining up behind him which simply reiterates everything I've always known about religious zealots.  Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600

Yeah they ought to line up behind that St Hillary.    What a stupid fucking premise but I'm sure some mindless idiots think this is great insight.   Religious people know Hills is complete anathema to them, with Trump there's a least a chance.
yep - religious people who support Trump.. a racist, sexist, bigoted misogynist who has 5 children by 3 different women, mocks the disabled and demonizes parents whose children were killed in war.

no wonder you have so much in common with him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName 2016-09-14, 09:30

TheReal_LWS wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Loose, you lost our liberals friends in this thread with your use of the word "anathema". You need to dumb it down for them.

At least you tried to understand what anathema meant. You can't just use your first google source, always click at least 3 links
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 09:41

SomeFanName wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

At least you tried to understand what anathema meant. You can't just use your first google source, always click at least 3 links

Maybe you had to google it, I already knew what it meant. But you've already shown yourself to be pretty dumb so I understand.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 10:16

And a timely article...

Why social conservatives love Trump

We know it's easy if Bob is doing it.
It's easy to make cutting observations like this about Trump and social conservatives. And indeed, there's a serious case against the GOP nominee's appeal to social conservative audiences, including Jonathan Merritt's argument that "Trump-loving Christians owe Bill Clinton an apology." After all, social conservatives skewered America's 42nd president for just the sort of shortcomings Trump has exhibited for decades. In terms of personal character and probably even personal religious devotion, this contention is unassailable.

But conservative Christians and their political allies didn't oppose Bill Clinton solely because of his "bimbo eruptions" and "zipper problem." They also opposed his social liberalism.

Trump is less likely than Clinton to threaten the tax-exempt status of churches that continue to oppose same-sex marriage. He says he wants to repeal existing restrictions on outright politicking by tax-exempt religious institutions. A Clinton administration would definitely work to revoke the Hobby Lobby decision and push for narrower religious exemptions from the ObamaCare contraceptive mandate; it is at least plausible that a Trump administration would not.

Even if you doubt the sincerity of Trump's conversion to the pro-life position on abortion — and there is good reason to — Hillary Clinton's position is unambiguous. Trump may be wobbly on public funding for Planned Parenthood, but Clinton will certainly defend it. Even concessions Democrats generally make to pro-lifers, like keeping in place the Hyde Amendment's prohibition on most Medicaid support for abortion, would be in danger.

There's no guarantee that Trump will follow through with his campaign promises to be significantly better on these issues from a socially conservative perspective. But he'll have some political incentives to do so.

For similar reasons, conservatives whose priorities are heavily dependent on the composition of the federal judiciary have good reason to roll the dice on Trump. Many executive and legislative actions on abortion and religious liberty can easily be blocked by Congress or undone by a future Republican president. But judicial decisions are much more difficult to roll back and can long outlast any president. Roe v. Wade, for example, has survived 43 years and five Republican presidents. Clinton would have an opportunity to install a liberal majority on the Supreme Court. Those appointments are for life. Only Trump can stop her.

Liberal judges could remove some issues of importance to social conservatives from the legislative process entirely. Eroding the Planned Parenthood v. Casey decision would endanger the state and federal abortion restrictions that have been enacted since 1992, perhaps even wiping them out completely. Social conservatives could become as powerless over abortion policy as they now are at legislating their marriage policy preferences.

That powerlessness could last a long time. It could last forever. Conservatives have waited decades to overturn decisions legalizing abortion and banning school prayer. No constitutional amendment on these issues has even come close to ratification.

If you disagree with social conservatives on these issues, that may not mean very much to you. But it is a pretty large risk to ask social conservatives as a political movement to take. Again, Trump may break his promise to nominate conservative judges. But we know for a certainty what kind of judges Clinton will appoint. No Democratic Supreme Court pick has turned out to be an unexpected conservative since John F. Kennedy nominated Byron White in 1962.

Trump's comment about "Second Amendment people" may have been dumb, but his claim that "if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks" is pretty accurate. Is it any wonder social conservatives are in his corner?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:06

LooseGoose wrote:And a timely article...

It's easy to make cutting observations like this about Trump and social conservatives. And indeed, there's a serious case against the GOP nominee's appeal to social conservative audiences, including Jonathan Merritt's argument that "Trump-loving Christians owe Bill Clinton an apology." After all, social conservatives skewered America's 42nd president for just the sort of shortcomings Trump has exhibited for decades. In terms of personal character and probably even personal religious devotion, this contention is unassailable.

But conservative Christians and their political allies didn't oppose Bill Clinton solely because of his "bimbo eruptions" and "zipper problem." They also opposed his social liberalism.

Trump is less likely than Clinton to threaten the tax-exempt status of churches that continue to oppose same-sex marriage. He says he wants to repeal existing restrictions on outright politicking by tax-exempt religious institutions. A Clinton administration would definitely work to revoke the Hobby Lobby decision and push for narrower religious exemptions from the ObamaCare contraceptive mandate; it is at least plausible that a Trump administration would not.

Even if you doubt the sincerity of Trump's conversion to the pro-life position on abortion — and there is good reason to — Hillary Clinton's position is unambiguous. Trump may be wobbly on public funding for Planned Parenthood, but Clinton will certainly defend it. Even concessions Democrats generally make to pro-lifers, like keeping in place the Hyde Amendment's prohibition on most Medicaid support for abortion, would be in danger.

There's no guarantee that Trump will follow through with his campaign promises to be significantly better on these issues from a socially conservative perspective. But he'll have some political incentives to do so.

For similar reasons, conservatives whose priorities are heavily dependent on the composition of the federal judiciary have good reason to roll the dice on Trump. Many executive and legislative actions on abortion and religious liberty can easily be blocked by Congress or undone by a future Republican president. But judicial decisions are much more difficult to roll back and can long outlast any president. Roe v. Wade, for example, has survived 43 years and five Republican presidents. Clinton would have an opportunity to install a liberal majority on the Supreme Court. Those appointments are for life. Only Trump can stop her.

Liberal judges could remove some issues of importance to social conservatives from the legislative process entirely. Eroding the Planned Parenthood v. Casey decision would endanger the state and federal abortion restrictions that have been enacted since 1992, perhaps even wiping them out completely. Social conservatives could become as powerless over abortion policy as they now are at legislating their marriage policy preferences.

That powerlessness could last a long time. It could last forever. Conservatives have waited decades to overturn decisions legalizing abortion and banning school prayer. No constitutional amendment on these issues has even come close to ratification.

If you disagree with social conservatives on these issues, that may not mean very much to you. But it is a pretty large risk to ask social conservatives as a political movement to take. Again, Trump may break his promise to nominate conservative judges. But we know for a certainty what kind of judges Clinton will appoint. No Democratic Supreme Court pick has turned out to be an unexpected conservative since John F. Kennedy nominated Byron White in 1962.

Trump's comment about "Second Amendment people" may have been dumb, but his claim that "if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks" is pretty accurate. Is it any wonder social conservatives are in his corner?
so religious kooks love a racist, sexist, misogynistic xenophobe with 5 kids by 3 different women who mocks disable people?

I don't believe it.. I always thought religious kooks were such fine, upstanding people..  Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 11:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And a timely article...

so religious kooks love a racist, sexist, misogynistic xenophobe with 5 kids by 3 different women who mocks disable people?

I don't believe it.. I always thought religious kooks were such fine, upstanding people..  Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600

Nope, as usual you add what's not there. They don't love him at all, the simply realize he's a better choice for them than Hills.
Or in your made up world aren't they allowed to take the best option from a bad batch?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:39

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I don't believe it.. I always thought religious kooks were such fine, upstanding people..   Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600

Nope, as usual you add what's not there.   They don't love him at all, the simply realize he's a better choice for them than Hills.
Or in your made up world aren't they allowed to take the best option from a bad batch?  
they're allowed to do anything they want.. (you can't really move that they be banned, right?).. and I'm allowed to laugh at them because of it.

see how that works??  Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 11:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Nope, as usual you add what's not there.   They don't love him at all, the simply realize he's a better choice for them than Hills.
they're allowed to do anything they want.. (you can't really move that they be banned, right?).. and I'm allowed to laugh at them because of it.

Yes, I see how your insightful independent mind works. Read TPM then come here and parrot it. Impressive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yes, I see how your insightful independent mind works. Read TPM then come here and parrot it. Impressive.
you should move to have me banned for daring to post my opinions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 13:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you should move to have me banned for daring to post my opinions.

I'd be impressed if they were your opinions. The only reason I've ever wanted you banned was for your general asshole behavior not your run of the mill liberal opinions. There's no one damned thing unique about your opinions, I could go to any message board on the internet and find some fool just like you so don't flatter yourself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 13:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you should move to have me banned for daring to post my opinions.

I'd be impressed if they were your opinions. The only reason I've ever wanted you banned was for your general asshole behavior not your run of the mill liberal opinions. There's no one damned thing unique about your opinions, I could go to any message board on the internet and find some fool just like you so don't flatter yourself.
you seem annoyed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName 2016-09-14, 18:44

Alright, who has the tape measure?
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4