Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Hills even live to Election Day?

+7
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
DWags
Turtleneck
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Hills even live to Election Day?

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Damn, a1x'd by OTPT.

Ay, he can get two birds with one stone this way buddy. Wanna get stoned?

That's true. Two curious birds wondering why the Johnson has a little english to it.

I'm already there, breh. I'll roll up another one.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Hills even live to Election Day?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:19

Gary Johnson didn't know what Aleppo is. Granted, I didn't know what Aleppo is. But a presidential candidate should certainly know what Aleppo is. Like, upon research since, should totally definitely know.

As for Pence... That dude might be the scariest thing about trump. He's a nut. But he's gooses kinda nut. So that's fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:20

What's Aleppo?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:23

xsanguine wrote:What's Aleppo?

It's a very critical city in Syria that is war torn. I guess it's pretty much the center of the civil war.

In an interview someone asked him about it and he asked "what is Aleppo?" Back. It didn't play well. In johnsons defense, he freely admitted after the fact "I need to get smarter." Probably because he knows he doesn't really have a chance to win this and is just making a point. It was a decent way to handle it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:25

I dig that, rather than listening to a politician's preloaded game plan that was devised by their "advisors"... based on picking a position that is purposely in direct opposition to their adversary. I consider it rather refreshing to see someone say "I don't know... but if you give me some time I'll take a look at it, think on it, and give you my perspective."
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:27

To be fair, at first he said "oh yeah Aleppo, I thought you were talking about an acronym." So, he tried to play it cool. Then realized he couldn't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:36

Sounds like an isolationist. Might be a good thing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:37

xsanguine wrote:Sounds like an isolationist. Might be a good thing.

I don't think being ignorant about the rest of the world is what an isolationist is xsang.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Sounds like an isolationist. Might be a good thing.

I don't think being ignorant about the rest of the world is what an isolationist is xsang.

I don't think not knowing about a city in a 3rd world country is the same as "being ignorant about the rest of the world" Mr. Cosmos.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:39

Also, I would hope that a poster of your caliber would know if your preferred presidential candidate was an isolationist or not Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 2 1f62e
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:39

xsanguine wrote:

I don't think not knowing about a city in a 3rd world country is the same as "being ignorant about the rest of the world" Mr. Cosmos.

It's a pretty important city to know (as someone who would make foreign policy decisions about said city, not as a random internet poster.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-11, 22:41

Doesn't even come close to the baggage of the other 2. Can deal with that fault.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:41

That's why I brought it up.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:43

xsanguine wrote:

It's a pretty important city to know (as someone who would make foreign policy decisions about said city, not as a random internet poster.)

I guess. If he's an isolationist he probably wouldn't be making war-time foreign policy decisions.

And like OTPT said... this seems like a pretty petty critique of Johnson. Especially compared to the other two.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Doesn't even come close to the baggage of the other 2. Can deal with that fault.

Well, if you consider johnsons lack of coverage compared to the other two otpt then you might wonder what other faux pas the guy might have if he had more coverage. Not knowing what Aleppo is in the other twos case honestly would probably sink them. It would be a worse disaster than either has already had. And if you think about that in the context of the disasters they've already had.... It's saying a lot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:44

But I do appreciate the "poster of your caliber", Travis. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy in my loins. flower
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:45

xsanguine wrote:But I do appreciate the "poster of your caliber", Travis. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy in my loins. flower

:)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Doesn't even come close to the baggage of the other 2. Can deal with that fault.

Well, if you consider johnsons lack of coverage compared to the other two otpt then you might wonder what other faux pas the guy might have if he had more coverage. Not knowing what Aleppo is in the other twos case honestly would probably sink them. It would be a worse disaster than either has already had. And if you think about that in the context of the disasters they've already had.... It's saying a lot.

If not denouncing white supremacists, fixing land deals and working with the mafia doesn't sink them... I don't think being ignorant on a specific city would sink them.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 22:50

xsanguine wrote:

If not denouncing white supremacists, fixing land deals and working with the mafia doesn't sink them... I don't think being ignorant on a specific city would sink them.

Here's the thing... Those things are subtle, something that people as keyed in as you (though I'm surprised you didn't hear about this about Aleppo. It was just the other day. Kinda big news.) would be aware of. The general public isn't. If Hillary did this then people would be so busy talking about it then they wouldn't have noticed the pneumonia thing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/gary-johnson-aleppo-227873
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 22:53

xsanguine wrote:

Given the significance of the city in the Syrian civil war - the escalating humanitarian crisis in the city and the role of Russian forces in exacerbating the problem - makes it more than a random city "in a 3rd world country."

Furthermore, a preference for isolationism should be driven by a good understanding of world affairs. Isolationism driven by ignorance only leads to more problems. But I realize in America it is more preferable to live in ignorance.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:55

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Given the significance of the city in the Syrian civil war - the escalating humanitarian crisis in the city and the role of Russian forces in exacerbating the problem - makes it more than a random city "in a 3rd world country."

Furthermore, a preference for isolationism should be driven by a good understanding of world affairs. Isolationism driven by ignorance only leads to more problems. But I realize in America it is more preferable to live in ignorance.

I suppose we should just keep meddling. It's worked out great so far.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-11, 22:55

I now know what Aleppo is. Thank you Gary!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 22:57

xsanguine wrote:

Here's the thing... Those things are subtle, something that people as keyed in as you (though I'm surprised you didn't hear about this about Aleppo. It was just the other day. Kinda big news.) would be aware of. The general public isn't. If Hillary did this then people would be so busy talking about it then they wouldn't have noticed the pneumonia thing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/gary-johnson-aleppo-227873

In all fairness, I have never seen a major candidate so ignorant about foreign policy as Donald Trump. In a debate he did not know what the nuclear triad was. In a meeting, he reportedly asked a national security expert why we just do not use nuclear weapons to solve problems like ISIS. None of this sank Trump.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:57

I get what you're saying. But I don't think it's as heinous as the type of things the other two candidates have been involved in. If this is the worst that can be mustered from Johnson opposition, I don't see it as a fatal issue.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 22:58

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That actually does not address my point at all. Not even close. I'm am not going to play your "let us take a walk into the weeds" game.

A person seeking the presidency needs to be informed about world affairs. Ignorance should not drive isolationism.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-09-11, 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:58

There you have it. Now we all know what Aleppo is. See how easy that was? Is that as bad as pay to play politics or refusing to denounce a leading white supremacist?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:59

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

That actually does not address my point all. Not even close. I'm am not going to play your game. A person seeking the presidency needs to be informed about world affairs. Ignorance should not drive isolationism.

Now he knows what Aleppo is. Has that changed his perspective?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 22:59

Why so grumpy, TN?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 23:01

xsanguine wrote:There you have it. Now we all know what Aleppo is. See how easy that was? Is that as bad as pay to play politics or refusing to denounce a leading white supremacist?

Is it about us not knowing, or a person that wants to be president not knowing about a city critical to geopolitics and the stability of an entire region?

It is also about knowing the significance of Aleppo. We are not talking about simply being able to find it on a map.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-09-11, 23:02; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 23:01

Bold edit.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 23:02

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:There you have it. Now we all know what Aleppo is. See how easy that was? Is that as bad as pay to play politics or refusing to denounce a leading white supremacist?

Is it about us not knowing, or a person that wants to be president not knowing about a city critical to geopolitics and the stability of an entire region?

It just seems like an easier fix than trusting two people involved in repetitive criminal behavior.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 23:02

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It just seems like an easier fix than trusting two people involved in repetitive criminal behavior.

Are you attempting to make a point or just typing words?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 23:05

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Are you attempting to make a point or just typing words?

It seems easier to take 45 minutes for an advisor to explain the significance regarding a particular city ("President Johnson, we need to know what you want to do about Aleppo because X, Y, Z") than to try and fix perpetually dishonest behavior over several decades as with the other two.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 23:08

Ok. So you prefer uninformed and ignorant people. That is all I can get from your point.

You are creating a false choice: ignorance or corruption. I actually prefer a well informed person that learns from experts (not just repeat what they say) and is also honest and decent. I guess you just want the uninformed person.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-11, 23:11

Turtleneck wrote:Ok. So you prefer uninformed and ignorant people. That is all I can get from your point.

You are creating a false choice: ignorance or corruption. I actually prefer a well informed person that learns from experts (not just repeat what they say) and is also honest and decent. I guess you just want the uninformed person.

Talk about youthful idealism..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-11, 23:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Ok. So you prefer uninformed and ignorant people. That is all I can get from your point.

Talk about youthful idealism..

Will Hills even live to Election Day? - Page 2 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 23:14

That's an interesting thing to project onto me based on my view that this "fault" is far less "faulty" than what I see regarding the other two. No one is perfect. I would prefer a well informed person, I would prefer the perfect, benevolent human being... actually, if you really want to know what I prefer we can have that conversation. Again. But we're discussing the three candidates that exist right now.

This started because Goose called Johnson loony, OTPT and I ask why he thinks that and Travis jumps in supporting Goose's opinion that Johnson is loony because he didn't know about Aleppo... and so OTPT and I say... Really? That's the biggest gaffe he's had so far? I don't know how you extrapolate that I want a complete ignoramus to run things.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 23:15

That's not a false choice, either. That is the choice, if you believe the election hasn't already been decided months ago.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-11, 23:30

I mean.... Let's not just assume that our boy Johnson only doesn't know about Aleppo. I'd probably think there's a good amount of things that would get the same reaction.

Which is fine for a governor! But he isn't ready to be president. Which he won't win and you guys voting for him know that so its fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-09-11, 23:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean.... Let's not just assume that our boy Johnson only doesn't know about Aleppo. I'd probably think there's a good amount of things that would get the same reaction.

Which is fine for a governor! But he isn't ready to be president. Which he won't win and you guys voting for him know that so its fine.

Your default is to think the guy is ignorant on most important topics?

Who are you voting for, Travis?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next