Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement

+16
Death Roe
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
Clarett's Folly
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
20 posters

Go down

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement Empty My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-12, 01:22

The lil' sumbitch lasted 20+ years and it was just a bare bones Kenmore electric. I don't need many (or any) bells and whistles. Should I go back for the same thing because I had such success or do you think there's something else I should have a looksy at?

Thanks a pantsful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement Empty Re: My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-01-12, 06:13

Just go with a similar model. Like you said, it lasted 20 years and you don't need all the electronic crap that costs a fortune to repair.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement Empty Re: My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-12, 06:27

Sorry to hear of your wife's passing.i wouldn't rush into a replacement right away. Give this some time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-01-12, 07:44

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement Z
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-12, 07:46

kingstonlake wrote:Sorry to hear of your wife's passing.i wouldn't rush into a replacement right away. Give this some time.
did ya hear about the husband and wife boarding a plane.. and the flight attendant asked "sir, would you like me to place your bag in the overhead compartment"?

and he replied "no, thanks..  just let her sit down here with the rest of us"..

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-01-12, 08:08

I think this would look good in your hand greenway

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement Tumblr_lvudusbq1S1r1kg21
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-01-12, 08:50

Clothesline.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-12, 09:38

Clarett's Folly wrote:Clothesline.

I'm old enough to remember my grandmother running an indoor clothesline in the winter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-12, 09:53

TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-12, 09:53

Your new one isn't going to last for 20 years just so you know. Maybe if you buy a speed queen. Appliances these days that you're going to find at Sears or any of the big box stores are basically built to last 5-6 years and have you buy a new one.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-12, 09:56

Clarett's Folly wrote:Clothesline.

Still love the first spring day when the bed sheets aren't dried by a dryer and the smell of them in the bed. Can't beat that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-12, 10:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Your new one isn't going to last for 20 years just so you know. Maybe if you buy a speed queen. Appliances these days that you're going to find at Sears or any of the big box stores are basically built to last 5-6 years and have you buy a new one.

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement 140228_2750477_Debbie_Downer_s_Oscar_Jam_anvver_2
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-12, 10:03

If you're interested in buying new I can get you an employee pass for Whirlpool's store. It's something like 40-50% off list price in the employee store not 100% sure. PM me if you'd like to take a look.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-12, 10:08

Wbh is such a smug dude
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-12, 10:10

When do people get too old to know how to use computers? The day that happens to tanfan it will be a great victory in MSU message board history. Shut up, old man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-12, 10:16

AnomanderRake wrote:If you're interested in buying new I can get you an employee pass for Whirlpool's store. It's something like 40-50% off list price in the employee store not 100% sure. PM me if you'd like to take a look.

I might be interested. Our washer died a couple of years ago and I bought a new super capacity model. Our dryer is not super capacity so I'd like to upgrade.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-12, 10:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When do people get too old to know how to use computers? The day that happens to tanfan it will be a great victory in MSU message board history. Shut up, old man.

:popcorn:

OTPT fights with WBH. Tanfan fights with WBH. OTPT defends WBH.

This is about to get good.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-12, 10:19

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When do people get too old to know how to use computers? The day that happens to tanfan it will be a great victory in MSU message board history. Shut up, old man.

Really? Because I've always found internet fights to be pretty boring.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-12, 10:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Really? Because I've always found internet fights to be pretty boring.

Not when 2 of the 3 participants are mods.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-12, 11:07

Sears Outlet, if there's one near you. Who cares if the things got a scratch on the side, 40-50% off.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-12, 11:17

TheReal_LWS wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:If you're interested in buying new I can get you an employee pass for Whirlpool's store. It's something like 40-50% off list price in the employee store not 100% sure. PM me if you'd like to take a look.

I might be interested. Our washer died a couple of years ago and I bought a new super capacity model. Our dryer is not super capacity so I'd like to upgrade.

Sure thing man just PM me if you want to check it out, the access lasts about 30 days.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-12, 11:33

I.B. Fine wrote:Sears Outlet, if there's one near you. Who cares if the things got a scratch on the side, 40-50% off.

Plus if you go in at the right time you can get an additional percentage off the discount price.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-01-12, 11:41

I.B. Fine wrote:Sears Outlet, if there's one near you. Who cares if the things got a scratch on the side, 40-50% off.

Came here to post this
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-12, 11:42

Yeah I'll third that, Sears Outlet is great. Especially if your dryer is covered on one side by a wall or the warsher. There is one in Novi just off of 96.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-12, 14:25

Do you work for a steel company? I have an in on their website, but its my BIL login. Same deal though, in the last year bought a washer, dryer and microwave through it. Probably saved about $5-600.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-12, 21:12

InTenSity wrote:
Do you work for a steel company? I have an in on their website, but its my BIL login. Same deal though, in the last year bought a washer, dryer and microwave through it. Probably saved about $5-600.

Nah I just have a connection at Whirlpool and they can hook me up with basically an unlimited amount of temporary access links for their employee store.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-12, 22:18

There are only a few actual manufacturers.

Who Builds What Brand Appliance
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-12, 23:53

My dryer died. Now taking recommendations for a replacement C090044e0989d3401df2f698f43c7f6a
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down