Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie

+10
HiFriends
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Vlad
MattyFresh
tanfan!
duffy munn
Nordic
tGreenWay
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie  Empty For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie

Post by DWags Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:33 pm

High school star rankings of every player in super bowl 51.

Lots of 2 stars and NR's. WTF?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie  Empty Re: For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Clearly, NE is going to win because moar starzzz!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie  Empty Re: For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie

Post by Nordic Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:53 pm

DWags wrote:High school star rankings of every player in super bowl 51.

Lots of 2 stars and NR's. WTF?

In before Nigel

For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie  276803595
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Wheel route, cover two, press coverage.

#recruitlikehoke
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 pm

gHost 2 wrote:It's completely irrelevant. The bottom line is that while there may be a lot of kids that blossom in college and become NFL starters/players, you cannot ignore that having more 4 and 5 star players than a team with 2 and 3 star players is, in more instances than not, going to be huge advantage. While I would agree that the stars stuff is a bit exaggerated and that you can't tell how well a kid will perform at the next level (from high school to college), wouldn't you rather have the higher rated players?

EDIT: Just to add - if the coaches see something in a 2 or 3 star kid, maybe that no one else sees, and he's a Plan A recruit, then that's great, we rely on and trust their judgment. But when we're losing Plan A and Plan B kids then that's obviously a huge concern, wouldn't you agree?

For the record, I don't follow recruiting very closely so that last point is just based on some of the things I've read.

He knows this.  He's just jerking my chain because, well recruiting took a steep nose dive after this season.  Recall we had two five stars on that D line that was able to get pressure so we could play press coverage. Well, that was all gone this season, with McDowel being the only decent lineman and he get double teamed because the rest of our lineman sucked ass.  Shills will deflect and enable and make excuses.  The RCMB is now pure sunshine as all of those who have been critical of the steep decline in both sports have been banned. As far as hoops, Izzo lost an NBA center to the draft and he can't really help that. I expect hoops to recover next year, but for now it's a shit show.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:25 pm

tanfan! wrote:
gHost 2 wrote:It's completely irrelevant. The bottom line is that while there may be a lot of kids that blossom in college and become NFL starters/players, you cannot ignore that having more 4 and 5 star players than a team with 2 and 3 star players is, in more instances than not, going to be huge advantage. While I would agree that the stars stuff is a bit exaggerated and that you can't tell how well a kid will perform at the next level (from high school to college), wouldn't you rather have the higher rated players?

EDIT: Just to add - if the coaches see something in a 2 or 3 star kid, maybe that no one else sees, and he's a Plan A recruit, then that's great, we rely on and trust their judgment. But when we're losing Plan A and Plan B kids then that's obviously a huge concern, wouldn't you agree?

For the record, I don't follow recruiting very closely so that last point is just based on some of the things I've read.

He knows this.  He's just jerking my chain because, well recruiting took a steep nose dive after this season.  Recall we had two five stars on that D line that was able to get pressure so we could play press coverage. Well, that was all gone this season, with McDowel being the only decent lineman and he get double teamed because the rest of our lineman sucked ass.  Shills will deflect and enable and make excuses.  The RCMB is now pure sunshine as all of those who have been critical of the steep decline in both sports have been banned. As far as hoops, Izzo lost an NBA center to the draft and he can't really help that. I expect hoops to recover next year, but for now it's a shit show.

Starrrrzzzzz. Look at all those 2 and NR's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:26 pm

DWags wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

We should assemble our entire football team with 2 and nrs! Don't bother going after the higher rated guyz because Dwags knows recruiting!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:29 pm

The great thing about threads like this is the discourse. You won't see anything like this on the other board. Not allowed. Thanks dwags.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 pm

tanfan! wrote:
DWags wrote:

We should assemble our entire football team with 2 and nrs! Don't bother going after the higher rated guyz because Dwags knows recruiting!

I prefer to trust Dantonio. Not me or you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 pm

So using 2017 rankings x 10 years this is a rough estimate of the percentage of 5,4,3,2, and UR's in SB

5stars201710 yrsSBSB%
5stars3636071.94%
4stars2952950140.47%
3stars167516750320.19%
2stars100010000240.24%
NR5005000210.42%
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:03 pm

gHost 2 wrote:
DWags wrote:

There are two issues:

1) Class rank - which is really a discussion about the number of 4 and 5 stars recruited; i.e. why you're trolling Tanny

2) Plan A v. Plan B v. Plan C, or (alleged) recruiting "misses" by the staff

Obviously I can't speak for the posters that you're trolling, but what I find concerning is if the staff isn't recruiting the Plan A guys, and can't close the deal with them. As I mentioned, I don't follow recruiting that closely but you have to close with the kids that you're recruiting. Ask Izzo - that's why we have Tum Tum out there right now.

I trust Coach D and hope we can turn it around.

Tell me why the recruiting world has developed plan A and B terms in their lexicon?

What does that mean to you? I personally know there are always arguments between staff members who should be offered first and second. There are very few croots who fall into an order staffs take. What might be a decision by Dantonio to give Croot jimmy an offer might not be #1 on every bodies list. There sometimes exists buyers remorse too. "Maybe we should have offered Joe first"

Look, unless we load up on four and five stars and win championships yearly there will be bitching. I can't name four recruits per class right now. Don't really care. I hope they work out. I'll be at every home game for the next two years till the clock goes 0:00 each game. Hope we win a lot. If we don't, oh well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 pm

DWags wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Then we don't need message boards.

The interesting thing of course is that no one complains when we land a four star or the occasional five star. No one says "you know, we really didn't need that guy, our two stars will do just fine. Heck Super Bowl XYZ was full of two stars!!"

No one really says that…UNTIL all they see is a bunch of two stars and preferred walk on's committing. And then it's time to start puttin' lipstick on that pig!!

Last edited by Vlad on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:16 pm

If I start trolling anyone or any subject after midnight please give me a few weeks off until insomnia is solved.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 pm

gHost 2 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Tell me why the recruiting world has developed plan A and B terms in their lexicon?

What does that mean to you? I personally know there are always arguments between staff members who should be offered first and second. There are very few croots who fall into an order staffs take. What might be a decision by Dantonio to give Croot jimmy an offer might not be #1 on every bodies list. There sometimes exists buyers remorse too. "Maybe we should have offered Joe first"

Look, unless we load up on four and five stars and win championships yearly there will be bitching. I can't name four recruits per class right now. Don't really care. I hope they work out. I'll be at every home game for the next two years till the clock goes 0:00 each game. Hope we win a lot. If we don't, oh well.

Umm… it's not the recruiting world that developed that specific lexicon, it's part of the real world. The reality is that our coaches want certain players and so its important that they close the deal on those players. It's no different than playground football when you have a bunch of dudes standing there and each gets to pick someone for their team. I'm not going to argue about recruiting because it's just not something that I follow very closely. However, I have enough knowledge and common analytical ability to recognize that the more higher rated recruits that you bring into your problem then the likelihood is that you'll be more successful. Look at 'Bama and Ohio State.

Next you're going to say "well, we've beaten Ohio State with our lower ranked recruits" which is true, but we haven't won a National Championship with those recruits. Coach D has done a phenomenal job rebuilding our program but let's face it, last year was an abomination. A total fucking disaster.

You throw around the "i got to every game" bullshit (and, truth be told, I'd probably take that same position when arguing with dorks online) but you can't tell me that you weren't livid with last season's results. Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm merely providing my two cents. In the end, I just want MSU football to be successful on and off the field.

Yes it is different then picking a finite number of kids from a playground. If you think it's the same, I got nothing. Sorry

I will be at every home game. Call it bullshit, ok.

I'm bummed when we lose. Happy when we win.
Anything else?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 pm

I'm so glad we're still prosecuting this argument. Even after all these years, both side's positions just never get old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I'm so glad we're still prosecuting this argument. Even after all these years, both side's positions just never get old.

I've had insomnia for a week.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:57 pm

On a happier note after feeling bad for the boys losing to Purdue, I found HULU has both seasons of Dead Like Me.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:23 am

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I'm so glad we're still prosecuting this argument. Even after all these years, both side's positions just never get old.

And?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 am

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

And?

I'm getting in a lot of arguments lately.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:26 am

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

And?

That's what happens when you hang around the swill bin too much
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 am

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

And?

I actually thought it was Vlad who responded to my first post, not you. I couldn't figure out why insomnia would matter to Vlad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:39 am

you guys are real jerks for ignoring my statistical information, that took like 5 minutes to put together.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFriends Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:42 am

Yay we are resorting to flipping 2 star kids from temple.
There may be more 2 star's in NFL but that doesn't mean success in CFB. We saw what happens when 2 stars go against 4 and 5 stars. 38-0. There's only so many diamonds in the rough and eventually you need those 4 and 5 stars to continue the success. Imagine if half our team was filled with Corley and maliks. In CFB you need the talent. This isn't NFL where everyone has strength and speed.
HiFriends
HiFriends
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:40 am

HiFriends wrote:Yay we are resorting to flipping 2 star kids from temple.
There may be more 2 star's in NFL but that doesn't mean success in CFB. We saw what happens when 2 stars go against 4 and 5 stars. 38-0. There's only so many diamonds in the rough and eventually you need those 4 and 5 stars to continue the success. Imagine if half our team was filled with Corley and maliks. In CFB you need the talent. This isn't NFL where everyone has strength and speed.

The MSU shills deep down know this, but they have to pollute message boards with propaganda to limit the embarrassment caused by failure on the recruiting front. I feel like we are at a crossroads. Looks like the Admin is not willing to pay for the talent at the coaching level to turn us back into a winner. MSU is what it is. All I can say is, I enjoyed the ride, got my rose bowl and really don't expect much the next few years.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFriends Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:04 am

tanfan! wrote:

The MSU shills deep down know this, but they have to pollute message boards with propaganda to limit the embarrassment caused by failure on the recruiting front. I feel like we are at a crossroads. Looks like the Admin is not willing to pay for the talent at the coaching level to turn us back into a winner. MSU is what it is. All I can say is, I enjoyed the ride, got my rose bowl and really don't expect much the next few years.

I won't say MSU will fall of into an abyss and will nuke itself. Far from it. Dantonio is a great coach and far too knowledgeable to let that happen. The problem is him and his staff have a personality of a potato. Unfortunately kids especially HS kids love spit and shine and resonate with any publicity and charisma. We don't have any coaches that exude that. Dantonio and his assistants are smart and when they have the right talent they can beat anybody. Unfortunately our problem is talent doesn't want to come here. People love glitz and glamour. Kids resonate off it. They're 17 year Olds for a reason. Watch if Minnesota starts winning they'll pull in better recruits than us even though they're in worse shape than us. That's because Fleck has charisma and talent that HS kids love. There's more to recruiting than family atmosphere and winning
HiFriends
HiFriends
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:43 am

HiFriends wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

The MSU shills deep down know this, but they have to pollute message boards with propaganda to limit the embarrassment caused by failure on the recruiting front.  I feel like we are at a crossroads.  Looks like the Admin is not willing to pay for the talent at the coaching level to turn us back into a winner.  MSU is what it is. All I can say is, I enjoyed the ride, got my rose bowl and really don't expect much the next few years.

I won't say MSU will fall of into an abyss and will nuke itself. Far from it. Dantonio is a great coach and far too knowledgeable to let that happen. The problem is him and his staff have a personality of a potato. Unfortunately kids especially HS kids love spit and shine and resonate with any publicity and charisma. We don't have any coaches that exude that. Dantonio and his assistants are smart and when they have the right talent they can beat anybody. Unfortunately our problem is talent doesn't want to come here. People love glitz and glamour. Kids resonate off it. They're 17 year Olds for a reason. Watch if Minnesota starts winning they'll pull in better recruits than us even though they're in worse shape than us. That's because Fleck has charisma and talent that HS kids love. There's more to recruiting than family atmosphere and winning

So our coaches should all get new personalities and change their entire approach so we can start winning over more recruits that mesage board posters want.   Is this going to help us win more games too?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 am

What was the score when we played Ohio State?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 am

Didn't OSU's team of 4 and 5 stars get shut out by Clemson?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:58 am

InTenSity wrote:Didn't OSU's team of 4 and 5 stars get shut out by Clemson?

31-0
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:34 am

MattyFresh wrote:you guys are real jerks for ignoring my statistical information, that took like 5 minutes to put together.

We are not ignoring your post and your efforts MattyFresh. Thank you.

-Management
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 am

gHost 2 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes it is different then picking a finite number of kids from a playground. If you think it's the same, I got nothing. Sorry

I will be at every home game. Call it bullshit, ok.

I'm bummed when we lose. Happy when we win.
Anything else?

So you believe that there are an infinite number of recruits to choose from? I was merely providing a simple easy to understand analogy. Look, I don't want to detract from your Tanfan trolling any longer, but I have two questions: 1) would you rather have more 4 and 5 star kids on the MSU football team? and 2) are you satisfied with the job that Coach D and has staff have done with recruiting?

You're a big time donor and attend every game so obviously your opinion is valued by us losers .

For Vlad and Tanfan and any other recruiting junkie  1966794946

Triggered.

1. I don't believe there are an "infinite" number of available recruits. However I do know there are a shit ton of damn good h.s. players out there, and if our guys think they can make something out of them, they give them a schollie. If not, they bank it. So, it's different than when we played strings strings or no strings behind our back for first pick during our sunday games. There was only about 12 of us.

2. Yes. I would rather have the top rated recruits in America. Is that an actual question? Hey Jim, would you like the best cut of prime rib I have, or would you like a lesser cut? Serious?

3. I was pleased till this year with who he brought in and what he got out of them. Loved the team chemistry loved the locker room stuff, was pretty proud of 3 big tens in 6 years, a rose, cotton and playoff birth. Seeemed like it was going great. Then, this year happened. Fighting on the team, hearing shit from the locker room that was well protected and in house before. (that's huge to me. I personally know that bad shit happens each year inside the team, but was always impressed by the way it was kept in house not like the old times- but this year that changed again). So I don't know how to answer your last question. I thought we were in a "process" that seemed to be climbing a hill. but damn, it sucked big time. I, like everybody, hope it was a hiccup. Combo of bad years for coaches, shitty leadership on the team, and great drink specials at Ricks on Thursdays and Sundays. If you insist I answer, I can only say, I've loved it until this year. Then I didn't.

Oh, and I go to all the games because I have a kid involved. After two more years, I can guarantee you I'm not dragging my ass up there every week. Whether we're #1 in the nation or losing. I did the same thing for soccer and tennis in high school, when she was playing, I was there, since she's left, I don't go to those games anymore. Weird that somehow bothers you.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Triggered.

1.  I don't believe there are an "infinite" number of available recruits.  However I do know there are a shit ton of damn good h.s. players out there, and if our guys think they can make something out of them, they give them a schollie.  If not, they bank it.  So, it's different than when we played strings strings or no strings behind our back for first pick during our sunday games.  There was only about 12 of us.  

2.  Yes.  I would rather have the top rated recruits in America.  Is that an actual question?  Hey Jim, would you like the best cut of prime rib I have, or would you like a lesser cut?  Serious?  

3. I was pleased till this year with who he brought in and what he got out of them.  Loved the team chemistry loved the locker room stuff, was pretty proud of 3 big tens in 6 years, a rose, cotton and playoff birth.  Seeemed like it was going great.   Then, this year happened.  Fighting on the team, hearing shit from the locker room that was well protected and in house before.  (that's huge to me. I personally know that bad shit happens each year inside the team, but was always impressed by the way it was kept in house not like the old times- but this year that changed again).   So I don't know how to answer your last question.  I thought we were in a "process" that seemed to be climbing a hill.  but damn, it sucked big time.   I, like everybody, hope it was a hiccup.  Combo of bad years for coaches, shitty leadership on the team, and great drink specials at Ricks on Thursdays and Sundays.   If you insist I answer, I can only say, I've loved it until this year.  Then I didn't.  

Oh, and I go to all the games because I have a kid involved.   After two more years, I can guarantee you I'm not dragging my ass up there every week.  Whether we're #1 in the nation or losing. I did the same thing for soccer and tennis in high school, when she was playing, I was there, since she's left, I don't go to those games anymore.   Weird that somehow bothers you.  

Why is it so difficult for you to just come out and respond with an honest answer? Look, I think it's great that you go to all those games, if I live in Michigan I'd probably do the same thing. Yes, this year sucked. I, too, don't get too caught up in all the stars bullshit and in the NFL you see a lot of overlooked or lower ranked players who've matured and blossomed a bit later. Hell, I think it's funny when you troll Tanny. But this year there seems to be a lot of discussion about Coach D and the job that they're doing with the recruits. I think its okay to at least acknowledge that.

WTF?

Dwags:  Then, this year happened. Fighting on the team, hearing shit from the locker room that was well protected and in house before. (that's huge to me. I personally know that bad shit happens each year inside the team, but was always impressed by the way it was kept in house not like the old times- but this year that changed again).

I, like everybody, hope it was a hiccup. Combo of bad years for coaches, shitty leadership on the team, and great drink specials at Ricks on Thursdays and Sundays. If you insist I answer, I can only say, I've loved it until this year.

. I would rather have the top rated recruits in America. Is that an actual question? Hey Jim, would you like the best cut of prime rib I have, or would you like a lesser cut? Serious?

What part don't you think is honest?  

you look for things that aren't there.  Which is weird.  And I wouldn't go to all the games if I wasn't obligated to.  So, you win, you'd go to all of them if you lived here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

WTF?

Dwags:  Then, this year happened. Fighting on the team, hearing shit from the locker room that was well protected and in house before. (that's huge to me. I personally know that bad shit happens each year inside the team, but was always impressed by the way it was kept in house not like the old times- but this year that changed again).

I, like everybody, hope it was a hiccup. Combo of bad years for coaches, shitty leadership on the team, and great drink specials at Ricks on Thursdays and Sundays. If you insist I answer, I can only say, I've loved it until this year.

. I would rather have the top rated recruits in America. Is that an actual question? Hey Jim, would you like the best cut of prime rib I have, or would you like a lesser cut? Serious?

What part don't you think is honest?  

you look for things that aren't there.  Which is weird.  And I wouldn't go to all the games if I wasn't obligated to.  So, you win, you'd go to all of them if you lived here.

I was afraid of this. You're becoming too much like Tanny. First the trolling, and now the incessant arguments about winning. It's not about winning on the internet its about discussion. I appreciate your lifelong Michigander and MSU perspective. I think it's great. Don't be a Tanny, we have too many of them already.

I'm confused by you, so I'll let it go as my fault here. I don't think you gave me an answer to what you thought I wan't being honest about, but if you did and I missed it, my bad. I hope if you thought I was being honest that I answered your question. If not, I'm going to check out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFriends Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 am

DWags wrote:

gHost 2 wrote:

So you believe that there are an infinite number of recruits to choose from? I was merely providing a simple easy to understand analogy. Look, I don't want to detract from your Tanfan trolling any longer, but I have two questions: 1) would you rather have more 4 and 5 star kids on the MSU football team? and 2) are you satisfied with the job that Coach D and has staff have done with recruiting?

You're a big time donor and attend every game so obviously your opinion is valued by us losers .

Triggered.

1. I don't believe there are an "infinite" number of available recruits. However I do know there are a shit ton of damn good h.s. players out there, and if our guys think they can make something out of them, they give them a schollie. If not, they bank it. So, it's different than when we played strings strings or no strings behind our back for first pick during our sunday games. There was only about 12 of us.

2. Yes. I would rather have the top rated recruits in America. Is that an actual question? Hey Jim, would you like the best cut of prime rib I have, or would you like a lesser cut? Serious?

3. I was pleased till this year with who he brought in and what he got out of them. Loved the team chemistry loved the locker room stuff, was pretty proud of 3 big tens in 6 years, a rose, cotton and playoff birth. Seeemed like it was going great. Then, this year happened. Fighting on the team, hearing shit from the locker room that was well protected and in house before. (that's huge to me. I personally know that bad shit happens each year inside the team, but was always impressed by the way it was kept in house not like the old times- but this year that changed again). So I don't know how to answer your last question. I thought we were in a "process" that seemed to be climbing a hill. but damn, it sucked big time. I, like everybody, hope it was a hiccup. Combo of bad years for coaches, shitty leadership on the team, and great drink specials at Ricks on Thursdays and Sundays. If you insist I answer, I can only say, I've loved it until this year. Then I didn't.

Oh, and I go to all the games because I have a kid involved. After two more years, I can guarantee you I'm not dragging my ass up there every week. Whether we're #1 in the nation or losing. I did the same thing for soccer and tennis in high school, when she was playing, I was there, since she's left, I don't go to those games anymore. Weird that somehow bothers you.

I just think for a team that won the rose bowl 3 years ago, cotton bowl 2 years ago and was in the playoffs last year we shouldn't be struggling with recruiting the way we have. Obviously something is amiss to cause all the misfiring. There is a clear difference between top recruits and goos recruits that can fill the space.

Yes we play OSU close but that is more due to the fact there are a lot more chip on the shoulder from Ohio kids and for some reason OSU shits the bed against us when we play them. Yes Clemson dubbed OSU this year but that is more of an anomaly tHan the norm. No one knows what happened with OSU this year. Maybe coaches sucked, maybe players did, maybe karma caught up. But the fact is OSU team is loaded and even with their drubbing they will still have at least 3 players go in 1st round. Clemson with their drubbing was filled with 4 and 5 stars. Alexander, boulware, tankersley, lawson, wilkins, watson, and more were all 4 stars or higher. You really think talent doesn't win championships? Talent and coaching matters more in CFB because there is more parity and emotions might win one or two games with overachievers but eventually you need the talent to bully pass the more talented team

It's a simple case of adapt and evolve or die. How do you think wazzu became so good? They were doormat of Pac 12 for a decade
HiFriends
HiFriends
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:32 am

HiFriends wrote:
DWags wrote:

Triggered.

I just think for a team that won the rose bowl 3 years ago, cotton bowl 2 years ago and was in the playoffs last year we shouldn't be struggling with recruiting the way we have.

You obviously follow this way more than I do. Is this class a lot worse than what Dantonio usually brings in? I wouldn't doubt it being worse, especially after this season.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 pm

HiFriends wrote:
DWags wrote:

Triggered.

I just think for a team that won the rose bowl 3 years ago, cotton bowl 2 years ago and was in the playoffs last year we shouldn't be struggling with recruiting the way we have. Obviously something is amiss to cause all the misfiring. There is a clear difference between top recruits and goos recruits that can fill the space.

Yes we play OSU close but that is more due to the fact there are a lot more chip on the shoulder from Ohio kids and for some reason OSU shits the bed against us when we play them. Yes Clemson dubbed OSU this year but that is more of an anomaly tHan the norm. No one knows what happened with OSU this year. Maybe coaches sucked, maybe players did, maybe karma caught up. But the fact is OSU team is loaded and even with their drubbing they will still have at least 3 players go in 1st round. Clemson with their drubbing was filled with 4 and 5 stars. Alexander, boulware, tankersley, lawson, wilkins, watson, and more were all 4 stars or higher. You really think talent doesn't win championships? Talent and coaching matters more in CFB because there is more parity and emotions might win one or two games with overachievers but eventually you need the talent to bully pass the more talented team

It's a simple case of adapt and evolve or die. How do you think wazzu became so good? They were doormat of Pac 12 for a decade

So Wazzou became good because they got a bunch of 4 and 5 stars because of coaches with hip personalities? Is that still going to work next year, or will that approach also be dead as MSU's was following their playoff appearance one year ago?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 pm

DWags wrote:
HiFriends wrote:

I just think for a team that won the rose bowl 3 years ago, cotton bowl 2 years ago and was in the playoffs last year we shouldn't be struggling with recruiting the way we have.

You obviously follow this way more than I do. Is this class a lot worse than what Dantonio usually brings in? I wouldn't doubt it being worse, especially after this season.

Rivals:

2007 #43
2008 #47
2009 #17
2010 #31
2011 #31
2012 #42
2013 #47
2014 #22
2015 #22
2016 #18
2017 #27
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

Rivals:

2007 #43
2008 #47
2009 #17
2010 #31
2011 #31
2012 #42
2013 #47
2014 #22
2015 #22
2016 #18
2017 #27

And that's not final yet. If we add another 3-4 commits we could move up and have an absolute average class for MSU. Just proves again that everyone would be better off to relax and enjoy talking about the kids. Quit worrying about how we're doing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 pm

YearScoutRivals247
20075143x
20085547x
20093717x
20103131x
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFriends Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:19 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Rivals:

2007 #43
2008 #47
2009 #17
2010 #31
2011 #31
2012 #42
2013 #47
2014 #22
2015 #22
2016 #18
2017 #27

And that's not final yet.   If we add another 3-4 commits we could move up and have an absolute average class for MSU.   Just proves again that everyone would be better off to relax and enjoy talking about the kids.   Quit worrying about how we're doing.

Yes lets add more kids whose best offers are temple and georgia southern. That'll beat teams like UM, PSU, wisconsin and OSU
HiFriends
HiFriends
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next