Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians

+7
The_Dude
NigelUno
AnomanderRake
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 Empty Re: Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-02, 15:20

NigelUno wrote:Sessions is in trouble if Republicans are flipping on him and the whole town knows the Russian ambassador is a spy.
agree - I think he's in trouble.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 Empty Re: Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-02, 15:23

uh oh..

Reuters Top News‏Verified account @Reuters 3m3 minutes ago

JUST IN: Attorney General Sessions will hold a news conference at 4 p.m EST - statement

he's either going to resign, discuss his new moisture-wicking KKK outfit for those warm, humid DC summers or he's going to thank Goosechev for his unwavering support on various social media platforms.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-02, 15:32

CNN breaking news...the US Ambassador met with the Russian Ambassador.

I demand an investigation.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 16:08

He will recuse himself.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-02, 16:12

NigelUno wrote:He will recuse himself.

He also needs an enama
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-02, 16:24

The_Dude wrote:FOX News breaking news...some guy from Arkansas got a blowjob at work.

I demand an investigation.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 16:27

LooseGoose wrote:lol...yeah this is rough stuff.

Let's see the 2 occasions that he "met" with Russkies:

But the Justice Department acknowledged on Wednesday that Mr. Sessions had twice communicated with the Russian ambassador last year. The first time was in July, at the Republican National Convention, after he gave a speech at an event for ambassadors sponsored by the Heritage Foundation. The second time was a visit to his office by Mr. Kislyak in September. The Washington Post earlier reported both encounters.

Of the Heritage Foundation encounter, a Justice Department official said the Russian ambassador was among a small group of diplomats who approached Mr. Sessions as he was leaving the stage. The ambassadors, the official said, thanked Mr. Sessions for his remarks and invited him to join them at various events they were sponsoring, but he made no commitments to do so.

The first was with a "group" of Ambassadors in a hallway or something at the convention.   I'm pretty certain they were plotting many nefarious acts there and then.  The second was a meeting in his office in his role on the Senate Armed Services committee.  Why would that be odd?   And he was certainly trying to hide it - the Ambassador walked in the front door and it was on his public calendar.

So overall a huge nothingburger that the Dems and their allies in the press are whipping up.   And of course the lemmings are buying it.

Democrats Call for Sessions to Recuse Himself From Russia Inquiry

Looks like Sessions bought it...is he a lemming?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-02, 16:42

Sessions recused himself from the investigation because he didn't lie or do anything wrong.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-02, 16:49

AnomanderRake wrote:Sessions recused himself from the investigation because he didn't lie or do anything wrong.

Exactly. Sorry that you don't understand that you can't be the manager of an investigation of yourself. Basic stuff 101, doesn't mean a damned thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 17:00

LooseGoose wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:Sessions recused himself from the investigation because he didn't lie or do anything wrong.

Exactly.  Sorry that you don't understand that you can't be the manager of an investigation of yourself.   Basic stuff 101, doesn't mean a damned thing.

Huh.  Why didn't he do it before today?  And you seem to be calling people lemmings and posting links about Democrats calling for him to recuse himself (as if it was just a partisan thing).  Odd how you didn't address that Republicans starting calling for him to recuse himself.

But, now it's obvious?  Basic stuff?   Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600

Did you (in effect) call yourself a "lemming"?

Last edited by NigelUno on 2017-03-02, 17:03; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-02, 17:02

LooseGoose wrote:

Exactly. Sorry that you don't understand that you can't be the manager of an investigation of yourself. Basic stuff 101, doesn't mean a damned thing.

I was being facetious because morons online are saying if he was guilty he wouldn't recuse himself and would bury the investigation on his own.

With that said, I do think Sessions is shady as hell and knowingly lied about his communications with the Russian Ambassador.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-02, 17:04

LooseGoose wrote:

Commrad Goosechev R -Miooskev
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 17:47

We have complete confidence in Flynn.

We have complete confidence in Sessions.

Fine tuned machine. Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-02, 18:32

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I was being facetious because morons online are saying if he was guilty he wouldn't recuse himself and would bury the investigation on his own.

With that said, I do think Sessions is shady as hell and knowingly lied about his communications with the Russian Ambassador.

He didn't lie though. You are completely ignoring the question that was asked.

Sessions has impeccable character.

Sad Democrats have been reduced to putting 100% of their energy in manufacturing stories to get Trump any way they can.

I guess when you are at historic lows power wise, it's all you heve left?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-02, 18:33

He didn't.

He did it for appearance purposes and it was a good move.

You'd be mad no matter what he did.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-02, 21:04

^ I'm not mad and not a Democrat FYI.

Sessions is getting grilled on Fox News right now lmao
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-02, 21:17

Jeff Sessions says he can't recall what was discussed with the Russian Ambassador in his meeting other than the Ukraine situation.

Said he talked to other people that were in the meeting with him and none of them recall any specifics of the discussion. Not sure if I believe that but then again he's old as fuck, in my amateur psychiatric judgement he didn't flounder too much during the interview.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 21:51

AnomanderRake wrote:Jeff Sessions says he can't recall what was discussed with the Russian Ambassador in his meeting other than the Ukraine situation.

Said he talked to other people that were in the meeting with him and none of them recall any specifics of the discussion. Not sure if I believe that but then again he's old as fuck, in my amateur psychiatric judgement he didn't flounder too much during the interview.

No one takes notes (or records a conversation) when they meet with the Russian ambassador who is a spy?

And a coincidence...

Jeff Sessions Met With Russian Ambassador the Same Day Trump Gave Interview to Russian Television

And from the interview:

https://www.rt.com/usa/358715-trump-larry-king-interview/

The Republican candidate shrugged off speculation that Russia may be trying to influence the 2016 US election.

“It’s probably unlikely,” he told King. “Maybe the Democrats are putting that out, who knows?”

“I just want to make sure that the election is 100 percent fair,” Trump said.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-02, 22:00

So Sessions using his lawyer speak says he had no intent to mislead and answered the question honestly as he knew it at the time.

If only there was some sound of him calling bullshit on that line in 1999 with Clinton. Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600

They've only been there for 42 days. The NSA resigns the AG has to recuse himself the press secretary gets shredded for his asinine arguing the Australian PM gets hung up on Sweden learns they've suffered a terrorist attack bowling green goes through a massacre Kellyanne is kept away from speaking in public and a former stand up half Ass comic has made asses out of four cabinet members during confirmation hearings one ends up withdrawing and one might have to resign.

This will be the best damn four years ever. This has only been 42 days.

Oh and Pence has used a private email account while governor of Indiana
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-02, 22:27

^ yeah Nigel I find it odd that he had an official meeting with the Russian Ambassador and not a single person can recall anything other than Ukraine and nothing was recorded. I could tell you at least a few details of every single work meeting I have ever been in simply by checking the date in my meeting logs and reviewing my notes.

Then again maybe I'm just an amateur supply chain professional with a shit memory and have to take notes to remember things. That's why I work in the private sector like a sucker.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 22:52

More Trump advisers disclose meetings with Russia's ambassador

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 1f1f7-1f1fa
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-02, 23:00

I can't wait for the impeachment discussion to kick into high gear.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-03, 07:53

me yesterday...

Robert J Sakimano wrote:countdown to someone in the sexual predator's administration blaming Obama, leaks that will be FULLY investigated.. fake news.. alternative facts.. Hillary.. Russian prostitutes who enjoy being urinated upon..

or creating a terrorist attack that the mainstream media failed to cover.

did I mention that Cheeto Hitler won in a landslide? People are saying it.

Cheeto Hitler this morning..

Jeff Sessions is an honest man. He did not say anything wrong. He could have stated his response more accurately, but it was clearly not....
   — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 3, 2017

...intentional. This whole narrative is a way of saving face for Democrats losing an election that everyone thought they were supposed to win

The Democrats are overplaying their hand. They lost the election, and now they have lost their grip on reality. The real story...

...is all of the illegal leaks of classified and other information.
It is a total "witch hunt!"

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 1966794946  Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-03, 08:15

Sorry the truth stings you like that Bob.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-03, 08:19

LooseGoose wrote:Sorry the truth stings you like that Bob.
it's cool..

I, for one, am impressed with his historic landslide election.. people are saying it. Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-03, 09:15

Late last night The Wall Street Journal published an article that dives deeper into Jeff Session's and the Trump Administration's claim that he was meeting with the Russian Ambassador as a Senator. Looks like they held this info, set the trap and waited for Session's official response. He obviously fell for it.

TL:DR - Sessions used his own campaign money to pay for the expenses related to meeting with the Russian Ambassador, suggesting that he was not on official government business as a Senator. He would have expensed the trip to his government account if he was on official business, not use his own campaign funds. This weakens his defense significantly.

Part of the WSJ article is pasted below.

The Trump administration says Attorney General Jeff Sessions was acting as a then-U.S. senator when he talked to Russia’s ambassador at an event during last year’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, but Mr. Sessions paid for convention travel expenses out of his own political funds and he spoke about Donald Trump’s campaign at the event, according to a person at the event and campaign-finance records. Mr. Sessions made comments related to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign at a Heritage Foundation event during the Republican convention in July, when he met with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak, according to a person at the event in Cleveland.
Mr. Sessions on Thursday said he would recuse himself from involvement in any probe related to the 2016 presidential campaign, following disclosures that he met with the Russian ambassador during the convention, and later in his Senate office in Washington.
Interactions between U.S. senators and foreign ambassadors are relatively common. But Mr. Sessions has come under fire for not disclosing his contacts with Mr. Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearing to become attorney general. Democratic lawmakers have accused him of misleading Congress and called on him to resign.
Representatives for the White House and Mr. Sessions have defended his failure to disclose his contacts with the Russian ambassador by arguing that the exchanges occurred in his capacity as a U.S. senator, rather than as a campaign official.
Mr. Sessions denied that he misled lawmakers during his confirmation hearing, calling the allegation “totally false” and saying his answers were “honest and correct” based on his understanding of the questions. At the time Mr. Sessions met the Russian ambassador at the convention, he had been serving as chairman of Mr. Trump’s National Security Advisory Committee for more than four months. “He was literally conducting himself as a United States senator,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Thursday. He said Mr. Sessions didn’t discuss matters related to Mr. Trump’s campaign.
“This is what senators do in the course of conducting themselves in their jobs,” he said. A spokesman for the Russian embassy didn’t respond to a request for comment.
A U.S. counterintelligence probe of alleged communications between Russians and members of President Trump’s campaign team have looked at Mr. Sessions’ contacts, people familiar with the matter said. It’s unclear if the probe is still looking at those contacts. The investigation is overseen by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, along with several other agencies, officials have said. Counterintelligence probes seldom lead to public accusations or criminal charges.
The Senate Intelligence Committee and the FBI are looking into any possible links between the Trump campaign and Russia after the U.S. intelligence community concluded Russia was behind hacking that interfered with the 2016 campaign. Mr. Trump has denied any connection between his campaign and Russia.
Campaign-finance-disclosure records show Mr. Sessions’ re-election campaign account was used for travel expenses in Cleveland at the same time the Republican National Convention was held in July, rather than using official funds that would pay for travel by him or other members of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
On July 16, two days before the convention began, his campaign account made two payments of $1,395 to the Sheraton Cleveland Airport. A week later, the account made two payments to the Westin Hotel in Cleveland totaling $223. All payments were described as for “lodging.”
No payments reimbursing Mr. Sessions appear in Mr. Trump’s campaign account, the records show. Sarah Isgur Flores, a spokeswoman for Mr. Sessions, said she was unable to comment on his convention expenses. Larry Noble, general counsel at the Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan advocacy group, said Mr. Sessions likely used his campaign account, rather than official Senate funds, because as a senior adviser to the Trump campaign it would have been difficult to argue that he wasn’t attending the convention for any political purpose.
“If he was truly there solely as a member of the Armed Services Committee, then he could’ve used his legislative account,” Mr. Noble said.
One person at the Heritage event in Cleveland said Mr. Sessions left the impression he was there because of his role in the Trump campaign. This person said Mr. Sessions’ remarks in part were focused on Mr. Trump’s trade policy, saying the then-candidate would do away with multilateral trade deals.
Ms. Flores, Mr. Sessions’ spokeswoman, said the attorney general’s aides, who were at the Heritage Foundation event, don’t recall Mr. Sessions speaking about the election with Mr. Kislyak, though they couldn’t be sure, because the room was loud.
Staffers who were with him during a second meeting with Mr. Kislyak, which took place Sept. 8 in his Senate office, also didn’t recall any discussion of the election, she said. Mr. Sessions didn’t definitively rule out the possibility that he had additional meetings.
“I don’t recall having met him before those two meetings,” he said at a news conference Thursday. He also said he doesn’t think he met with any Russian officials besides Mr. Kislyak.
Beside Mr. Sessions, the FBI inquiry has examined contacts between the Russian ambassador and Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser Mike Flynn, who resigned in February over his failure to accurately describe his conversations. Several other associates of Mr. Trump’s campaign also have come under federal scrutiny.
Mr. Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, now a senior White House adviser, met in December with Mr. Kislyak, along with Mr. Flynn, the White House said Thursday. A senior administration official said it was “a brief courtesy meeting at Trump Tower” in New York.
Another campaign aide, J.D. Gordon, met with Mr. Kislyak during the Republican convention, a White House spokeswoman said, adding to the number of known contacts between Trump campaign associates and Russian officials. Mr. Gordon couldn’t be reached for comment on Wednesday.
Mr. Sessions was the first sitting senator to back Mr. Trump, formally endorsing the New Yorker in February 2016. Mr. Sessions went on to become one of Mr. Trump’s most high-profile surrogates, speaking for him on cable television and serving as an ambassador to Capitol Hill, where many Republicans were skittish about Mr. Trump’s candidacy. Mr. Sessions went on to deliver the formal nomination of Mr. Trump at the Republican National Convention.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-03, 09:30

Seems kind of strange that a lot of people me with this Kislyak guy and no one seems to remember what they talked about.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-03, 09:38

NigelUno wrote:Seems kind of strange that a lot of people me with this Kislyak guy and no one seems to remember what they talked about.

Comrade Goose will have a nice reason for it. Just give him a bit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-03, 10:11

I think the Russian Ambassador is probably sad that nobody listened to him or remembers what they talked about. Poor guy.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-03, 10:32

A Who's Who of the Trump Campaign's Russia Connections

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-03, 10:38

The Russian Ambassador sat with the Democrats at Trump's speech the other night. What nefarious thing do they have going on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-03, 10:39

LooseGoose wrote:The Russian Ambassador sat with the Democrats at Trump's speech the other night. What nefarious thing do they have going on?

Not sure. Did any of them resign, get fired, or recuse themselves yet?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-03, 10:46

LooseGoose wrote:The Russian Ambassador sat with the Democrats at Trump's speech the other night. What nefarious thing do they have going on?

I demand the resignation of any Democrat who's had contact with him or Putin. Fuckikg Democrats being Russian stooges all along. Unreal.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-03, 11:19

Better check with Comrade Goose and the big comrade

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 Comradetrumpweb
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-03, 12:43

My question is, what are you going to do about it, GRR? Like personally, what are you going to do?

Are you going to idly sit by as America turns into a Russian puppet state?

Long live Comrade Trump!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-03, 12:45

Oh...and over 100 posts in, and not one person has shown how or where Sessions lied...

Still waiting...oh, and not a single person will answer this post with any factual evidence Sessions lied.

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 5db
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-03, 13:15

And Vanity Fair starts walking things back.....now that many are accusing the Dems of overreach.

This after the news hits that the OBAMA administration set up the "meeting" with Ambassadors at the R convention.

THE DIRTY SECRET BEHIND THE JEFF SESSIONS MESS- It may not be as sinister as it seems.

At first blush, the news about U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions looked bad. At second blush, it looked worse. At third blush, I got tired of blushing and ran outside to cool my face with fresh snow. But then things started to settle. With most Russia-related stories these days, especially ones in The New York Times and The Washington Post, the best initial reaction is heavy skepticism. That way you aren’t surprised when embarrassing editorial disclaimers appear above stories that Russia hacked a Vermont utility or spread “fake news” via dozens of U.S. websites from Drudge to Truthdig, and you read past the headline of stories like “Trump Aides Had Contact With Russian Intelligence.”

On the other hand, lies are lies, and lies under oath are even bigger lies, regardless of what they’re about—Russia or height or size of fish. So the question is simple: did Sessions perjure himself, and was some sort of cover-up going on?

Hoping that Vanity Fair passes the "pylon test"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-03, 13:21

LooseGoose wrote:And Vanity Fair starts walking things back.....now that many are accusing the Dems of overreach.

This after the news hits that the OBAMA administration set up the "meeting" with Ambassadors at the R convention.

THE DIRTY SECRET BEHIND THE JEFF SESSIONS MESS- It may not be as sinister as it seems.

At first blush, the news about U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions looked bad. At second blush, it looked worse. At third blush, I got tired of blushing and ran outside to cool my face with fresh snow. But then things started to settle. With most Russia-related stories these days, especially ones in The New York Times and The Washington Post, the best initial reaction is heavy skepticism. That way you aren’t surprised when embarrassing editorial disclaimers appear above stories that Russia hacked a Vermont utility or spread “fake news” via dozens of U.S. websites from Drudge to Truthdig, and you read past the headline of stories like “Trump Aides Had Contact With Russian Intelligence.”

On the other hand, lies are lies, and lies under oath are even bigger lies, regardless of what they’re about—Russia or height or size of fish. So the question is simple: did Sessions perjure himself, and was some sort of cover-up going on?

Obama..!! Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 1550444538

Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600 Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600 Flynn and Sessions memory regarding meetings with Russians - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-03, 13:32

LooseGoose wrote:And Vanity Fair starts walking things back.....now that many are accusing the Dems of overreach.

Didn't you say Sessions should have recused himself yesterday (after mocking Democrats for saying it earlier)?

Are you now walking that back?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-03, 13:33

NigelUno wrote:

THE DIRTY SECRET BEHIND THE JEFF SESSIONS MESS-  It may not be as sinister as it seems.

Didn't you say Sessions should have recused himself yesterday (after mocking Democrats for saying it earlier)?

Are you now walking that back?  

We now live in a Russian puppet state.

What are YOU personally going to do about it, comrade?

Angrily pound out posts on a message board?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next