Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minutes and shortening the bench

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Blanch32
duffy munn
DWags
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Minutes and shortening the bench - Page 2 Empty Re: Minutes and shortening the bench

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-11, 21:30

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Why are you still posting a stat from two games ago?

How many assists did he have against Minnesota in 29 minutes when MSU go knocked out of the BTT Nigel?

Nice deflection Chicken Herb.

I can't converse with a guy who wets his pants and can't have serious conversations.

Later.

The answer is he had zero assists against Minnesota Nigel. Were you just saying something about deflecting. I think that you were.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Minutes and shortening the bench - Page 2 Empty Re: Minutes and shortening the bench

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-11, 21:50

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Nice deflection Chicken Herb.

I can't converse with a guy who wets his pants and can't have serious conversations.

Later.

The answer is he had zero assists against Minnesota Nigel. Were you just saying something about deflecting. I think that you were.

herbie, but in a game where we blew the non ncaa tourney team out his stats were amazing? why don't you get that??
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-11, 21:53

DWags wrote:Last two posts would like to see the same five out there. It's a pretty solid five.
Somehow, it escaped my notice that Nigel posted the same lineup in the post right before mine. Not sure if I just skimmed it or what. Either way, it's a lineup that looks good on paper.
DWags wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

It's 100% Izzo's fault Tum Tum hasn't developed into a stud PG. That kid has elite speed and handles, all Izzo had to do was improve his shooting and work him into offensive sets once in a while and he would have been putting up 10-12ppg with 5+assists.

Get the kid a shooting coach 4 years ago and this never would have been a problem.

So, just to clarify, a shooting coach makes everyone a better shooter?  Do all the schools know about this?  I wish Izzo Fife Black dude with glasses et al would get one then. Heck all of our guys would be great shooters then.  Cause we went 28% yesterday.

But whatever.

Nigel and Cam I do like that line up. Frankly I wish that three of them were on the floor at all times. And when Ward and Bridges aren't on the floor, I wish  one of them was at all time. I'd definitely like all five to get more minutes. I'd also like Winston and goins to be the two most subbed in to rest the five you have. Tum and Aherbs get the remainder. Wish we had Harris but it is what it is.
I like what Ahrens has been doing lately with his small opportunities. He's knocked down a couple threes and grabbed some boards, and I like that he shoots confidently whenever he gets a good look. I don't know that his role needs expanding (because he pretty much only plays when Bridges sits), but Ahrens could allow us to play super small lineups (Bridges at the 5, Ahrens at the 4), and he could add some size to our lineups too (Ward/Goins at the 5, Ahrens and Bridges at the 3 and 4), without sacrificing shooting/spacing. Depending on match ups, such lineups might be helpful.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-11, 22:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

It's 100% Izzo's fault Tum Tum hasn't developed into a stud PG. That kid has elite speed and handles, all Izzo had to do was improve his shooting and work him into offensive sets once in a while and he would have been putting up 10-12ppg with 5+assists.

Get the kid a shooting coach 4 years ago and this never would have been a problem.

Spot on. But maybe he isn't great at the sport. Can't teach someone like that to an extent.

Easy bro. Tum's playing at the highest level of "amateur" basketball on an elite program against the highest level of competition. Just because that's his ceiling doesn't mean he's not a top tier basketball player.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-12, 10:06

CheesySpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Spot on. But maybe he isn't great at the sport. Can't teach someone like that to an extent.

Easy bro. Tum's playing at the highest level of "amateur" basketball on an elite program against the highest level of competition. Just because that's his ceiling doesn't mean he's not a top tier basketball player.

Yes yes it does. hell, if izzo trotted me out there, does that make me elite?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2