Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+20
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
AnomanderRake
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
xsanguine
DWags
GRR Spartan
24 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-18, 09:13

I was kinda hoping Goose would have pictures of all the Russians that were at Fredo's meeting by now.

So disappointed.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-18, 22:25

Ben Shapiro‏Verified account @benshapiro 3h3 hours ago
Sarsour says I'm alt-right. The alt-right says I'm a cuck Jew. David Duke says I'm BLM and BLM says I'm KKK. Weird year.

Should we ask Shapiro to post here? We will not judge him. He sounds like he needs a home.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-18, 22:29

Turtleneck wrote:Ben Shapiro‏Verified account @benshapiro 3h3 hours ago
Sarsour says I'm alt-right. The alt-right says I'm a cuck Jew. David Duke says I'm BLM and BLM says I'm KKK. Weird year.

Should we ask Shapiro to post here? We will not judge him. He sounds like he needs a home.

He really is impressive to hear, the guy knows law. I mean he is a genius. However his comments on American culture are basically you better belong to a religion or else.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-07-19, 08:38

Turtleneck wrote:Ben Shapiro‏Verified account @benshapiro 3h3 hours ago

Pass. I once saw a video of Shapiro and Dennis Prager talking about Judaism and Atheism, and it was just basically them taking turns jerking each other off, which was unpleasant to watch.

More to the point, I can't take anyone seriously while they wear a yarmulke, those tiny hats are just too silly.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-20, 10:18

Today's Progressive stupidity.

USA Today Review Bemoans Lack of Women and Minorities in ‘Dunkirk’

The USA Today review of Christopher Nolan's newest film Dunkirk notes that there are not enough women and people of color in the World War II epic.

Film critic Brian Truitt gave the film a glowing review.

"The movie captures the real-life heroism of the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940, when nearly 400,000 Allied soldiers were pulled out after the Germans trapped them on a beach in Nazi-occupied France," he wrote. "Nolan's ambitious story revolves around three tales unfolding at different times over land, sea, and air, only coming together at the end."

But somewhat apologetically, Truitt also bemoaned the film's lack of diversity.

"The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way," Truitt wrote.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 1966794946 The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 1966794946
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-20, 10:42

LooseGoose wrote:Today's Progressive stupidity.

USA Today Review Bemoans Lack of Women and Minorities in ‘Dunkirk’

The USA Today review of Christopher Nolan's newest film Dunkirk notes that there are not enough women and people of color in the World War II epic.

Film critic Brian Truitt gave the film a glowing review.

"The movie captures the real-life heroism of the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940, when nearly 400,000 Allied soldiers were pulled out after the Germans trapped them on a beach in Nazi-occupied France," he wrote. "Nolan's ambitious story revolves around three tales unfolding at different times over land, sea, and air, only coming together at the end."

But somewhat apologetically, Truitt also bemoaned the film's lack of diversity.

"The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way," Truitt wrote.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 1966794946 The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 1966794946

Holy shit. People are stupid. Denzel Washington as Winston Churchill maybe?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-20, 18:24

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 DFNd_B_XkAAV3-T
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-20, 18:43

LooseGoose wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 DFNd_B_XkAAV3-T

I'm not a regular nate silver or nothing but I'm pretty certain that taking two different surveys with different samples and different sizes and different questions being asked is going to be a very flawed comparison.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-07-20, 18:45

Why are the news channels doing so well in ratings?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-20, 19:18

LooseGoose wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 DFNd_B_XkAAV3-T

What the hell is fox covering? Why aren't they covering the health care thing? You'd think they'd do a better job of that.

They've never even covered immigration. WTF?
Never once covered taxes.
Barely covered jobs.

Hmmmm just what are they covering over there? Anybody know?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-20, 19:49

How deep into one's ass do you have to dig for bullshit surveys?

Jobs #2 when the unemployment rate is at its lowest point in years and the 2016 national unemployment was 5% or below and is currently still below 5%.

We have some here who will sell out our country to Russia so long as abortion is stopped.

Fox News is back to All Clinton All the time because of the greasefire at the Multi story White House.

Yeah Yeah Putin and Trump were talking adoption policy. Yeah , that's the ticket. Especially since Trump's son exposed himself lying on CNN about meetting with Russia and Jared Kusner has had to ammend his SF86 3 times and has added more than 100 names he reportedly "forgot".

They are all a gang of liars.

Asst Press Sec. Huckabee Sanders education at Ouachita Baptist University must have taught her you can lie every day when you defend your boss because if you pray the God you profess to believe in you instant forgiveness.

We have at least one poster who will tolerate lies, pussy grabbing, selling out to foreign powers all to overturn Roe v Wade.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 18:46

Bravo.

http://www.kansas.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/article161550868.html

Indeed, from the studios of CNN to the bar stools of your neighborhood watering hole, amateur psychoanalysis has become America’s favorite pastime in the last six months. Dozens of theories have been floated, all aimed at answering one question:

What is wrong with him?

But I have come to believe that question misses the point. Sixty-three million people voted for this. And make no mistake, they knew what they were getting. It was always obvious that Trump was a not-ready-for-prime-time candidate, but they chose him anyway. And the rest of us need to finally come to grips with the reason why.

It wasn’t economic anxiety. As a study co-sponsored by the Public Religion Research Institute and The Atlantic reported in May, people who were worried for their jobs voted for Hillary Clinton. But people who dislike Mexicans and Muslims, people who oppose same-sex marriage, people mortally offended at a White House occupied by a black guy with a funny name, they voted for Trump.

That’s the reality, and it’s time we quit dancing around it.

This has been said a million times: Donald Trump is a lying, narcissistic, manifestly incompetent child man who is as dumb as a sack of mackerel. But he is the president of the United States because 63 million people preferred that to facing inevitable cultural change. So I am done asking — or caring — what’s wrong with him. Six months in, it’s time we grappled a far more important question.

What in the world is wrong with us?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-23, 20:15

When you consider Kansas voters went along for 5-6 years of trickledown fantasy we shouldn't wonder why so many were willing to go for a plutocrat game show host rather than follow up the first black President with a woman.

A new America scares the shit out of a lot of people.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-23, 20:56

LMAO what an original column based on an original thought by Leonard Pitts.   All whiteys are racists.   All whiteys hate Barrack Obama.
He's been writing the same tripe his entire career.

Sp he's saying all these voters that switched from Obama to Trump were lying - and the real reason they switched was that they suddenly became racists from 2012 to 2016......

Obama-Trump voters … effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group’s analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton’s failure to reach Obama’s vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters … His firm’s conclusion is shared broadly by other Democrats who have examined the data, including senior members of Clinton’s campaign and officials at the Democratic data and analytics firm Catalist.

That same day, the Democratic super-PAC Priorities USA published the results of its focus groups and polls of Obama-Trump voters. The Washington Post’s Greg Sargent rounded up group’s most striking findings:

‌•50 percent of Obama-Trump voters said their incomes are falling behind the cost of living, and another 31 percent said their incomes are merely keeping pace with the cost of living.

‌•A sizable chunk of Obama-Trump voters — 30 percent — said their vote for Trump was more a vote against Clinton than a vote for Trump. Remember, these voters backed Obama four years earlier.

‌•42 percent of Obama-Trump voters said congressional Democrats’ economic policies will favor the wealthy, vs. only 21 percent of them who said the same about Trump. (Forty percent say that about congressional Republicans.)

A total of 77 percent of Obama-Trump voters said Trump’s policies will favor some mix of all other classes (middle class, poor, all equally), while a total of 58 percent said that about congressional Democrats.

So: It was the Obama-Trump voters, in the Rust Belt, with the economic anxiety. Disaffected workers in deindustrialized America, who believed that Trump was a genuine populist — and sympathized with Bernie Sanders’s critique of the Democratic Party — cost Clinton the election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 21:04

This was never debunked and I posted it 3 pages ago. Doesn't make it true.

https://www.voterstudygroup.org/reports/2016-elections
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-23, 21:12

Questions for anyone buying the claim Pitts makes:

Are the white Dems that vote against Mia Love in Utah racists?

Are the white Dems that vote against Tim Scott in SC racists?

Are the white Dems that voted against Allen West in FL racists?

Are the white Dems that voted aginst Edward Brooke in MA racists?

Are the white Dems that voted against JJ Watt in OK racists?

Or does this racism charge only cut one way? And the claim being
made is that Dems vote on principles and the Reps vote on race?

Strange that Dems make that charge yet seem to have trouble telling me
about all the Black Dems in Congress from non Majority Minority districts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-23, 21:28

Did I miss something ? Was there a black candidate to vote for?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-23, 21:32

How will convient conservatives come up with a small government solution to allow a husband and wife with reduced intellectual capabilities so severe the husband collects full disability on Social Security to raise their children sans government assistance or intervention?

Everyone else can ask more questions too.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 22:05

LooseGoose wrote:

Stop deflecting. Please look at the study and refute it. I think the guy who wrote the article is citing this study. Is the study biased? I honestly don't know. I asked for takes on it. No one really responded.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-23, 22:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Stop deflecting. Please look at the study and refute it. I think the guy who wrote the article is citing this study. Is the study biased? I honestly don't know. I asked for takes on it. No one really responded.

I am not sure what is going on here, but Loose started a whole thread based on VSG data. Is the data now flawed?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-23, 22:42

Hatcher, there are multiple articles and interviews with Joshua Green who wrote
Devil's Bargain, a book about Steve Bannon and how he started a track to run against Hillary Clinton before anyone including himself took Trump seriously.

Bannon realized Trump would appeal to the voters the GOP needed who didn't support Romney.

Read these links and it pretty much meshs with what you posted

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/books/review/devils-bargain-steve-bannon-donald-trump-joshua-green.html

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/18/537885042/inside-the-shakespearean-irony-of-trump-and-bannons-relationship

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/steve-bannon-pulled-one-greatest-upsets-american-politics/

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-23, 22:52

Turtleneck wrote:

I am not sure what is going on here, but Loose started a whole thread based on VSG data. Is the data now flawed?

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t15783p800-the-political-hodge-podge-thread#448854

I don't get too involved but I read this article, it resonated and I checked the study. Seemed pretty legit, but again, I'm pretty naive in these fields so I asked if it was credible. No one really refuted it or confirmed it. We discussed it later, and I thought Goose had some fair points that we could all agree on. But then the conversation strayed, and went away.

I posted this editorial because I felt it was on point. I am wrong about the data the author was citing, but it lines up with the data from the VSG article I pointed out earlier. I don't know why Goose or anyone is bothering to deny it. Trump may have appointed their SCJ of choice, but why deny the audience that he broadly appeals to?

I don't know, maybe the data is flawed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-23, 23:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t15783p800-the-political-hodge-podge-thread#448854

I don't get too involved but I read this article, it resonated and I checked the study. Seemed pretty legit, but again, I'm pretty naive in these fields so I asked if it was credible. No one really refuted it or confirmed it. We discussed it later, and I thought Goose had some fair points that we could all agree on. But then the conversation strayed, and went away.

I posted this editorial because I felt it was on point. I am wrong about the data the author was citing, but it lines up with the data from the VSG article I pointed out earlier. I don't know why Goose or anyone is bothering to deny it. Trump may have appointed their SCJ of choice, but why deny the audience that he broadly appeals to?

I don't know, maybe the data is flawed.

Well, the data was good enough for Loose to use in another thread so I am not sure why it is suddenly problematic.

The VSG data is sound. Nothing unusual with the methods and the study is large enough to paint the most informative picture of the election thus far.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-24, 00:38

Why are Ivy League educated Democrats excoriated as elitists but Trump has many with Ivy Leauge diplomas and he's a "man of the people"?

All his children had degrees from Penn and Ivanka works in The West Wing
Kushner (Special advisor) is a Harvard grad
Sec of Treausury Mnuchin has a degree from Yale
Commerce Sec Ross has an undergrad from Yale and a Harvard MBA
Transportation Sec Chao undergrad Mt Holyoke and a Harvard MBA
Sec of Labor Acosta has Harvard Undergrad and Harvard Law
Communications Dir Scaramucci has undergrad from Tufts, Harvard Law

Tell us again why colleges, especially Ivy League colleges aren't good for the country.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-24, 00:47

GRR Spartan wrote:Why are Ivy League educated Democrats excoriated as elitists but Trump has many with Ivy Leauge diplomas and he's a "man of the people"?

Tell us again why colleges, especially Ivy League colleges aren't good for the country.

“He hung out with the guys on construction sites, pouring sheetrock… pouring concrete and hanging sheetrock,” Trump Jr. said of his father, stumbling over the proper application of sheetrock. “He listened to them and he valued their opinions as much, and often more, than the guys from Harvard and Wharton, locked away in offices away from the real work.

Trump, Jr. at the RNC.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 07:22

Posted without comment for members of the PartyofScience™

Powerful Photo Shows That Women Aren’t The Only Ones Who Get Periods

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 65b47cecaf056eedc63502f50621c083
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-24, 07:53

LooseGoose wrote:Posted without comment for members of the PartyofScience™

I'd prefer to hear your comments. Enlighten me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-24, 07:57

Turtleneck wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Why are Ivy League educated Democrats excoriated as elitists but Trump has many with Ivy Leauge diplomas and he's a "man of the people"?

“He hung out with the guys on construction sites, pouring sheetrock… pouring concrete and hanging sheetrock,” Trump Jr. said of his father, stumbling over the proper application of sheetrock. “He listened to them and he valued their opinions as much, and often more, than the guys from Harvard and Wharton, locked away in offices away from the real work.

Trump, Jr. at the RNC.
pouring sheet rock is hard work..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-24, 08:10

]

Er....emm
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 08:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Nah, you tell me all about it. How that non woman is having a period. Please tell me the science and facts behind it all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 08:23

And from the PartyofTruth™

AS GAS PRICES FALL TO 12-YEAR LOW, SCHUMER CLAIMS GAS PRICES 'NEVER GO DOWN'

Even as gas prices have fallen to the lowest point in years under President Trump, Senate Minority Leader is claiming the price of petrol has only gone up.
The nationwide price for gas closed the week of July 17th at $2:39/gallon, down from $2.47/gallon when Trump took office.
Over the July 4th holiday weekend, gas prices were at their lowest point since 2005, according to the AAA.
"At $2.23, today’s average national gas price is the cheapest the country has seen all year," AAA reported. "On the week, gas prices fell in 46 states. Only Illinois, Oklahoma and Washington, D.C. saw prices increase, albeit by one cent each, while Hawaii and Maine remained flat. South Carolina continues to carry the cheapest gas in the country at $1.90. Today, consumers can find gas for $2.00 or less at one out of every four gas stations in the country."
Chuck Schumer, appearing on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, claimed Sunday the prices are only rising, thanks to "huge companies buying up other big companies."
"Gas prices are sticky -- you know, when the domestic price goes, uh, when the, uh, price for oil goes up on the markets, it goes right up but it never goes down.,"
Schumer said. "How the heck did we let Exxon and Mobil merge?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-24, 08:27

LooseGoose wrote:

Nah, you tell me all about it. How that non woman is having a period. Please tell me the science and facts behind it all.

I'm not the one who posted it what is this a pop quiz
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-24, 08:38

LooseGoose wrote:

I guess I'm just curious as to why shit like this seems to get you angry up there in mio. Have a couple friends in Manistee the same way. Have you somehow lost a right because of this? I don't get the disdain.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-24, 08:45

Posted without comment for the members of the Party of Compassion

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 Toddakins
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 09:00

Turtleneck wrote:

So both are bullshit? Is that your position?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-24, 09:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So both are bullshit? Is that your position?

No. My point is I will oblige you in a DSF.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 09:03

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I guess I'm just curious as to why shit like this seems to get you angry up there in mio. Have a couple friends in Manistee the same way. Have you somehow lost a right because of this? I don't get the disdain.

Because it seeps everywhere......example....

Now having sexed restrooms is "transphobia"....How does that affect up here? Grayling Schools are in the midst of a fight over the restrooms in the school right now. I don't know your position on your daughters/granddaughters sharing a bathroom with males. I'm opposed to it.

Zack Ford‏Verified account @ZackFord
Follow
More
This is transphobia, found at Valero gas stations in Houston. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1834074146909840&set=a.1609969075987016.1073741832.100009218189925&type=3&theater …

The political hodge podge thread - Page 24 DFWpn_6W0AAI9HZ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-24, 09:19

Kushner, President Trump's Boy Wonder who is charged with getting peace in the Middle East, is incharge of overseeing Americon innovation to help our economy and streamline purchases of the VA is pulling a variation of the Sargent Schultz defense.

I didn't read Trump Jr's email that he copied me on although I did attend the meeting.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Kushner-I-did-not-read-Trump-Jr-email-exchange-11328677.php

Meanwhile this boards biggest Trump supporter is back to major league deflection and still can't address how mentally challenged couple can have a family without "a state solution" when the husband's/father's  disability is so severe he's already collecting Social Security.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-24, 09:23

This is why I asked for comment you guys. It was a picture of some person doing whatever, I don't know it doesn't matter, but really it boiled back down to where people take shits. That's where the real issue lies.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-24, 09:30

Its all about diversion at this point.

The GOP sure as hell doen't want more spotlight on Trump's bromance with the authoritarian he said he admires for getting things done.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next