Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

+10
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Cameron
NigelUno
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation Empty Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-16, 17:39

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation 502811600

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

"President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation Empty Re: Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Post by Cameron 2017-05-16, 17:50

This just keeps getting better.
Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation DonnieElement_grande
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation Empty Re: Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-16, 18:09

So Comey should be good; Donnie only threatened him about tapes, not memos. Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-16, 18:23

Remember when the GOP was going ape shit because President Obama met with nominee Comey and told him they couldn't meet again because the FBI needed to be independent?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-05-16, 18:51

One step closer to ending the most embarrassing 2 years of politics in our history. Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation 1837840279
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-16, 20:28

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation C__P5R4UwAEZKEN
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-16, 20:38

Chaffetz isn't worrying about being re-elected in '18
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-05-16, 21:45

kingstonlake wrote:One step closer to ending the most embarrassing 2 years of politics in our history. Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation 1837840279

It is a fucking shit show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-16, 22:34

GRR Spartan wrote: Chaffetz isn't worrying about being re-elected in '18

Based solely off that letter, I'd say he's actually helped his chances.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-16, 22:42

Cameron wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote: Chaffetz isn't worrying about being re-elected in '18

Hes already said he isn't running, maybe not even finishing his term. Apparently Fox News threw a bunch of money at him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-16, 22:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Hes already said he isn't running, maybe not even finishing his term. Apparently Fox News threw a bunch of money at him.

Shows how much I pay attention.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-16, 22:56

Help me out folks, so is this it? Seems like even LG is moving on to defending the next guy against the relentless, horrific attacks that the Ds are lobbing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-16, 23:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Help me out folks, so is this it? Seems like even LG is moving on to defending the next guy against the relentless, horrific attacks that the Ds are lobbing.

I think it could be. Republicans have to be getting tired of Trump's shit, and even worries about electoral backlash from the Trump faithful can only excuse so many fuck-ups. I think he's nearly exhausted his allotment.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-17, 08:40

Not sure if he was the first, but Karl Rove instantly went for the...but, OBAMA!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-17, 08:44

NigelUno wrote:Not sure if he was the first, but Karl Rove instantly went for the...but, OBAMA!!!
I tried to tell y'all not to elect that colored boy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-17, 08:52

next up, John McCain and Lindsey Graham do rounds on the mainstream media to threaten to send the sexual predator to his room without dessert.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-17, 09:22

The White House is silent. Not a good sign (for them).

And Trump hasn't tweeted in awhile.

They might realize they're in hot water.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-31, 13:31

Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

"Fired FBI director James Comey plans to testify publicly in the Senate as early as next week to confirm bombshell accusations that President Donald Trump pressured him to end his investigation into a top Trump aide's ties to Russia, a source close to the issue said Wednesday."

Here we go...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-31, 14:23

Gotta wait to see what Comey says, but how do you not impeach, if true? Obstruction and Intimidating a witness? The connies themselves set the bar when they impeached Billy for lying about his affair. This is way more serious.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-02, 13:52

ya think the sexual predator will try to invoke executive privilege here?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-02, 14:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ya think the sexual predator will try to invoke executive privilege here?

Would be awesome if he did.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-02, 14:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ya think the sexual predator will try to invoke executive privilege here?

If they try to do that, it's going to be funny as hell to see their spin doctors here and on t.v. make excuses for him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-02, 14:25

DWags wrote:

If they try to do that, it's going to be funny as hell to see their spin doctors here and on t.v. make excuses for him.
I agree with you and Nigel - it would make for awesome comedy.

however, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he does. The immoral, unethical republican congress doesn't care anything about the integrity of our country, the constitution - so, of course, they'll provide him with plenty of cover. The media will do whatever it is the media does... then it'll go to the courts and sit around growing mold for a while.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-02, 15:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I agree with you and Nigel - it would make for awesome comedy.

however, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he does. The immoral, unethical republican congress doesn't care anything about the integrity of our country, the constitution - so, of course, they'll provide him with plenty of cover. The media will do whatever it is the media does... then it'll go to the courts and sit around growing mold for a while.

It's all fake news! But...we're not going to let him testify.

Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-06, 21:00

Comey expected to refute Trump

"In his much-anticipated congressional testimony on Thursday, fired FBI Director James Comey will dispute President Donald Trump's blanket claim that he was told he was not under investigation multiple times, according to sources familiar with Comey's thinking.

Rather, one source said that Comey is expected to tell senators that he never assured Trump he was not under investigation, because such assurances would have been improper. Another source hinted that the President may have misunderstood the exact meaning of Comey's words, especially regarding the FBI's ongoing counterintelligence investigation.

In his letter to Comey firing him, Trump raised the Russia investigation and asserted that: "...I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation." The White House has not provided details of when those three conversations allegedly took place."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-06, 21:12

I think everyone should manage their expectations about what's going to happen Thursday. It's probably going to be about a 3 on the scale of 1 = goose is right there is nothing happening and we should all love our glorious leader and 10 = pee tape is real and comey plays it for all of us.

So basically what's going to happen is he's gonna say trump is full of shit, trump asked him to stop the investigation, and that's about it. I don't expect to hear much new beyond that. Keep in mind that comey has already met with mueller. If he was like "hey man, pee tapes real. I have it. Three hookers right there on the bed and you can make out a note that says 'this is a bribe for you to be nice to us if you're ever president'" then mueller would have to remind him that talking about that at an open hearing would impede the investigation and he needs to shut up about it.

So basically, don't be expecting some smoking gun here that's gonna bring it all down. It's just gonna be another 6'8 guy who once hid in he back of the blue room hoping the president wouldn't notice him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-06, 21:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think everyone should manage their expectations about what's going to happen Thursday. It's probably going to be about a 3 on the scale of 1 = goose is right there is nothing happening and we should all love our glorious leader and 10 = pee tape is real and comey plays it for all of us.

So basically what's going to happen is he's gonna say trump is full of shit, trump asked him to stop the investigation, and that's about it. I don't expect to hear much new beyond that. Keep in mind that comey has already met with mueller. If he was like "hey man, pee tapes real. I have it. Three hookers right there on the bed and you can make out a note that says 'this is a bribe for you to be nice to us if you're ever president'" then mueller would have to remind him that talking about that at an open hearing would impede the investigation and he needs to shut up about it.

So basically, don't be expecting some smoking gun here that's gonna bring it all down. It's just gonna be another 6'8 guy who once hid in he back of the blue room hoping the president wouldn't notice him.

Seems like he's going to (basically) call Trump a liar. I don't think Trump will like that. So, that should be interesting.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-06-07, 14:07

Comey has very detailed notes...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 10:28

Craig Calcaterra‏Verified account @craigcalcaterra 10m10 minutes ago
More
Live feed from the Oval Office, where President Trump's aides have prepped him for the hearing.
Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation DBzg3oOVYAALxgm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-08, 10:33

LooseGoose wrote:Craig Calcaterra‏Verified account @craigcalcaterra 10m10 minutes ago
More
Live feed from the Oval Office, where President Trump's aides have prepped him for the hearing.
Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation DBzg3oOVYAALxgm
are the aides peeing on the sexual predator during the hearing?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-08, 11:46

I would very much like to be a fly on the wall for the closed session hearings.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 12:26

Those on the panel who make attempts to "catch" Comey look like drunks trying to corner the sober guy at the bar.

Comey is a lot smarter than those with the gotcha questions.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-08, 13:10

I only really caught the last hour of testimony, but I don't think anything damning was brought up in the public session. Now the private session... that's a different matter.

McCain's questions were odd. He kept trying to link the Clinton e-mail investigation with the Trump admin/Russia investigation. Saying it's a double standard to exhonerate Clinton but not the Trump team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Clinton investigation had nothing to do with Russian collusion, correct?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 13:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I only really caught the last hour of testimony, but I don't think anything damning was brought up in the public session. Now the private session... that's a different matter.

McCain's questions were odd. He kept trying to link the Clinton e-mail investigation with the Trump admin/Russia investigation. Saying it's a double standard to exhonerate Clinton but not the Trump team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Clinton investigation had nothing to do with Russian collusion, correct?

Both could have effected the 2016 election. Comey chose to only have one effect it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 14:55

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I only really caught the last hour of testimony, but I don't think anything damning was brought up in the public session. Now the private session... that's a different matter.

Both could have effected the 2016 election. Comey chose to only have one effect it.

Amazing that Schumer's buddy did that to Hills. Do the Russkies control Comey? He's spreading the seeds of dissent everywhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-08, 14:57

DWags wrote:

That's not what McCain was asking about. He seems to think both investigations were linked to Russia. At least that's what most people think. It was very confusing.

https://www.vox.com/2017/6/8/15762938/john-mccain-comey-testimony-question
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 15:21

No idea, but only one was brought up 10 days before the election. Weird.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 15:28

DWags wrote:No idea, but only one was brought up 10 days before the election. Weird.

I hate those darned Russkies.

I wish all the parties knew how bad they are.

During a 2012 election debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama laughed at the idea Russia posed any threat to the United States.

“Governor Romney, I’m glad that you recognize Al Qaeda as a threat because a few months ago, when you were asked what’s the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia.”

“Not Al Qaeda, you said Russia,” Obama continued. “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because you know, the Cold War has been over for 20 years.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-06-08, 15:45

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:No idea, but only one was brought up 10 days before the election. Weird.

During a 2012 election debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama laughed at the idea Russia posed any threat to the United States.

“Governor Romney, I’m glad that you recognize Al Qaeda as a threat because a few months ago, when you were asked what’s the biggest geo-political threat facing America, you said Russia.”

“Not Al Qaeda, you said Russia,” Obama continued. “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because you know, the Cold War has been over for 20 years.”

Well... the future president wasn't colluding with Russia at that time so Obama was right when he said that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 15:55

LooseGoose wrote:

Weall know you are a big fan of one party authoritian government.

Proved it when you supported the idea of letting the SCOTUS drop to 7-6-5 members if it meant making sure a Republican President would be the one nominating justices.

You like Trump because he's going to sign a ban on abortion. You tell the rest of us there is nothing to worry about because your alligiance is to end abortion at any cost.

Folks like you who support authoritarians are very happy with the direction this country is headed with Trump in The White House and the GOP controlling both bodies of the legislative branch.

Like Dr. Snyder says:

Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next